Author Topic: The Dispensary pub (Under new ownership)  (Read 87892 times)

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
Re: The Dispensary pub (stay away)
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2014, 10:44:31 pm »
Yet again, had a good couple of hours in there Friday (and it was packed). Works both ways, never  had an issue with him.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2014, 11:10:32 pm »
And i know no-one who dislikes it.

Sorry Jon but you do, at least 3 people and they are all female.
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2014, 11:50:01 pm »
Tempted to pop in there and see what all the fuss is about. Not been in there for about 5 years but it always seemed a decent boozer.

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2014, 12:57:42 pm »
Sorry Jon but you do, at least 3 people and they are all female.

They don't count :P

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2014, 01:23:16 pm »
They don't count :P

Haha you could be in trouble now. :-)
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2014, 01:27:30 pm »
Haha you could be in trouble now. :-)

No change there ;)

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2014, 09:02:23 pm »
Good pub. Every time my dad comes to visit he wants to go there, and Dave greets us, shakes hands and asks how we've been. Never had a problem with him.

Offline ctyapt

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2014, 04:14:24 pm »
Good pub. Every time my dad comes to visit he wants to go there, and Dave greets us, shakes hands and asks how we've been. Never had a problem with him.

no, its not a good pub an he's a knobhead

so fucking what he's been sound to you and your arl fella, his behavior is pretty much been establishd beyond question ,
youre not a good priest if you only abuse 1 in 50 altarboys, you shouldnt run a pub if you make a habit of unwarranted aggression to some of your customers even if your ok with the rest.

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »
no, its not a good pub an he's a knobhead

so fucking what he's been sound to you and your arl fella, his behavior is pretty much been establishd beyond question ,
youre not a good priest if you only abuse 1 in 50 altarboys, you shouldnt run a pub if you make a habit of unwarranted aggression to some of your customers even if your ok with the rest.

Then just don't go there?

What does it matter to you if other people enjoy it?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2014, 06:37:30 pm »
I enjoy it, and I'll drink there whenever I feel like it.  ;)

I've always believed in taking people as you find them (oo'er missus).

I've never had any bother with anyone in there, be it staff or members of the public.

What makes me laugh about this thread is the amount of people who want to stick it to the Dispensary or kick the shit out of it's manager, and probably never even drink there.

How about drinking there and growing an opinion of your own. Not someone elses off another website.   ::)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2014, 08:59:23 pm »
As I've said before, I've experienced his shitty attitude, but there's enough decent ale in there, and enough other decent staff, to not have me avoid it forever.

Plenty to like about it outside of that knob'ead.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2014, 10:27:48 pm »
Might go there after the match tomorrow. Gives me any shit, youse will know. ;)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2014, 11:51:08 pm »
Maybe Dave is actually very smart and uses his reputation as free advertising, a bit like ryan air do. Think about it how many have heard about the dispensary and gone il have to have a bevy in there n see what all the fuss is about?
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 2, 2014, 01:05:42 pm »
Maybe Dave is actually very smart and uses his reputation as free advertising, a bit like ryan air do. Think about it how many have heard about the dispensary and gone il have to have a bevy in there n see what all the fuss is about?

Aye they even have a social media presence now @DispensaryThe

Planning to go there one day
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #134 on: March 2, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »
What's Dave like when we are on live?

Offline laximaginationzzz

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:33 pm »
Can't believe I've only just seen this thread hahaha
LFC. YNWA. JFT96.

Offline Matt R

• Kemlynite
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2014, 02:01:11 pm »
What's Dave like when we are on live?

Walk up the steps of Block 205 and ask him!

Great pub, don't be put off.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2014, 02:31:11 pm »
Walk up the steps of Block 205 and ask him!

Great pub, don't be put off.

It's ages since I've been in there, but will go in again soon.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2014, 08:32:20 pm »
haha...bunch of lemmo drinking fuckin tarts..........personally Im glad there are still alehouses like the Dispensary - run by miserablearse characters like Dave - around.............reminds me of the days bevvying around that area when every landlord was a moaning arle cnut...eg, the Gashouse on Duke St - when Billy Carty had it.....makes Dave look like Philip Schofield by comparison....and Joey Ando in the Munro around the corner who only ever cracked a smile if Everton won....by 3 clear goals.....or Psycho John in the Central , who'd be shirt off and toe to toe at the first hint of a sideways glance......fortunately though, town caters for all kinds of tastes these days, so if you want a Kumquat juice spritzer served by a smiling tip-hungry bellend you're spoilt for choice

:lmao

The days of a good old fashioned nutty boozer are long gone. The likes of the Hillside, The Bluebell (someone mentioned the Eagle), you can`t have that type today, people get too outraged over the smallest of things. I was in the Jaw Bone the other week for the first time in years and that place seems quite mild from what I remember it to be.

The people who want put Dave`s head on a skewer and parade it through the outraged streets of Britain, go in there yourselves first and try and form your own opinion.

"And if ye know"......."Get the fuck out of my boozer ye c*nt"  ;D

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2014, 05:23:40 am »
It's a hard life running a pub, I know. I can relate with some of the soft drinks/slowly sipping stories here and agree to a certain extent to a man under constant pressure to turn a profit day in and day out will lose the principle of being a friendly host to one and all that enter his establishment. Following Ladies into the bathrooms is way out of order which anyway you look at it.

Some of the tales on here and TripAdvisor are shocking, I believe I have been there more than once over the years and haven't seen any of that..but then again I'm a gannet and love my ale (pub life!) so there was no reason for a problem....and pissed so either I didn't notice or didn't give a fuck.

Simple answer, read and believe what you want or just try it and make up your own mind. Pubs need characters to a certain extent....I reckon Dave is loving the publicity.

I would if I got so many write ups on TripAdvisor  8) 
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline bigbrillo

• Boys Pen
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2014, 02:41:30 pm »
Just to clarify ONLY ME , quote

"One of the owners (the little one) used to stand at the bar wearing a .357 Magnum in a shoulder holster. Never saw any trouble in there..."

They guy you are referring to , was called Bobby Fischer   (Not to be confused with the famous chess player, same name)
He was indeed a member of dads Club, BUT  never was a owner or director of the club!
Although He did try (Unsuccessfully)  to give this impression to others, usually when dad was away on business or holidays!
The Riverside Rifle & Pistol Club (Liverpool) was Founded and owned by original member , Mr Vic (The Gun) Williams

Regards

Paul Williams (Vics eldest)

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2014, 11:50:09 pm »
Went in on Saturday and the Triple M and Chocolate Stout were excellent.
Never had a below par cask ale in there and the landlord always wishes us well when we leave.
I can only take as I find.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2014, 08:11:01 am »
Went in on Saturday and the Triple M and Chocolate Stout were excellent.
Never had a below par cask ale in there and the landlord always wishes us well when we leave.
I can only take as I find.
Trip!e M as in Ossett? 7%?
Fuck!

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2014, 10:28:57 am »
Trip!e M as in Ossett? 7%?
Fuck!
Yes 7%, and superb, although I didn't see the strength when I first ordered it  ;D

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »
I'm all for tough talking, no nonsense landlords, but following women into toilets to give them stick is way out of order.

Never had no issues myself in there, but I go in with a group of six lads, a mix of coppers, Firemen and civil service lads - so he probably likes us cos we put away our ale in vast quantities.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2014, 01:25:49 pm »
The OP said they reported him to the Police, does anyone know what the outcome was ?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2014, 03:25:32 pm »
The OP said they reported him to the Police, does anyone know what the outcome was ?

Given a warning to future behaviour. She obviously refuses to enter the place now. Goes to the Fly in Loaf from now on

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2014, 01:17:57 pm »
Ive never had any problems in there, but a mate of mine was given homophobic verbal abuse and refused service for asking for a half a pint. Don't bother going there anymore.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2014, 07:14:23 pm »

Damn you Dagenham Dave

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2014, 09:38:38 pm »
I think I'll go here just to piss this c*nt off. Love to see him try and chuck me out.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2014, 09:50:29 pm »
He know Kung-Fu. He fuck you up long time.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2014, 10:21:56 pm »
I pay 10 dollar.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2014, 10:56:01 pm »
but a mate of mine was given homophobic verbal abuse and refused service for asking for a half a pint.

I think you've read too many jarg Tripadvisor reports...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2014, 11:16:22 pm »
Maybe it actually happened.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2014, 12:23:22 am »
Maybe it actually happened.

Maybe Southampton will win the league..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2014, 06:36:46 am »
I think I'll go here just to piss this c*nt off. Love to see him try and chuck me out.

Go in and order an orange squash with a tad of lime, one ice cube and an umbrella.
And tell him you like men to dress in season.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2014, 12:14:19 pm »

No, it was actually a real friend of mine - he'd asked for a half because he was heading in to work in the same place as me (at the time).
Believe in what you want though, makes no odds to me.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »
Mad how there are about five people in here saying that they've been verbally abused by this fella yet some still think it's all a conspiracy!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2014, 03:00:39 pm »
Maybe Southampton will win the league..

And why wouldn't it have happened?

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14:51 am »
Named as one of the Echos top pubs...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpools-top-24-pubs---6502831

The warm and welcoming Dispensary – or, as Dave sometimes calls it, the Dizzy – was named Camra’s Liverpool Pub of the Year in 2010 and 2011, and the Good Beer Guide singles out “the landlord’s impeccable attention to beer quality”.

Its seven hand pumps offer an ever-changing range of brews light and dark from breweries large and small.