Author Topic: Liverpool City Council  (Read 110297 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Anderson Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2018, 10:46:21 pm »
There needs to be a new way to get busses from Pier Head/ James Street to the Royal hosiptal/ down Kensington and Rocky Lane/ Breck Road. Its a joke during rush hour. Kensington is awful during rush hour. It takes the same time from Moorfields to Formby on the train, than it takes James Street to Royal Hospital on a bad day, and people wonder why people in the north and central parts of the city dont get public transport.

From the city centre on the bus to Croxteth, its quicker getting the train from Liverpool to Manchester and Chester with the stops. Always find it funny when people moan about trains in the city, youse are the lucky ones.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2018, 05:16:59 am »
I thought we were talking about a senior elected official who used his official position to make a ludicrous complaint to the police about a wholly unrelated football transfer.

To me that show a lack of common sense.

And whilst I'm sure Liverpool City Council employs professional planners enough senior officers have left the Council or are suspended to make you wonder how professional the organisation is.
part of the reason he gets away with it is that he doesn’t have any competition whatsoever for his job so he can fuck about like this and not worry about re election

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2018, 08:21:43 pm »
There needs to be a new way to get busses from Pier Head/ James Street to the Royal hosiptal/ down Kensington and Rocky Lane/ Breck Road. Its a joke during rush hour. Kensington is awful during rush hour. It takes the same time from Moorfields to Formby on the train, than it takes James Street to Royal Hospital on a bad day, and people wonder why people in the north and central parts of the city dont get public transport.

From the city centre on the bus to Croxteth, its quicker getting the train from Liverpool to Manchester and Chester with the stops. Always find it funny when people moan about trains in the city, youse are the lucky ones.  ;D

I very rarely get the bus in the city centre.  I nearly always walk, just about everywhere.  But then I'm pretty handy for most things.  Only about 25 minutes on foot to central from where I live.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2018, 11:25:24 pm »
The 82 recently started stopping outside St John's.

Can see why they've tried rerouting it as going down Renshaw and Hannover is terrible nowadays, sort of bothers me that all the cuts in services Arriva have done in recent years this is the one that got reversed.

It hasn't been reversed. The 82 now goes down Parliament Street to Liverpool One. The new 82C goes in along Renshaw but not down Hanover, it turns right along Great Charlotte Street (Blacklers/Yates Wine Lodge) instead.

Unless they changed it again in the last couple of days...

If it just went up and down Duke Street, it would solve most of the problems. It's reasonable for people to walk from there to Lewis's, although it's a pain if you want the station and are lugging loads of bags.

part of the reason he gets away with it is that he doesn’t have any competition whatsoever for his job so he can fuck about like this and not worry about re election

Wonder if he's planning to stand again. He was going to step down if he got the parliamentary seat, his nose was well out of joint when Rotherham got the Metro post.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2018, 06:35:05 am »
His role should've been abolished when the Metro Mayor position was created. Ridiculous to have an elected Mayor Of Liverpool and an elected Mayor of the Liverpool City region.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2018, 01:02:09 pm »
His role should've been abolished when the Metro Mayor position was created. Ridiculous to have an elected Mayor Of Liverpool and an elected Mayor of the Liverpool City region.

The elected mayor role is designed to streamline decision making in the City and those functions of the City Council. The alternative was Cabinet administration.

The Metro Mayor has different responsibilities.

Those of a certain age will remember Merseyside County Council, abolished by Thatcher in 1986. There was a similar split in reponsibilities from 1974 to 1986.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2018, 01:29:20 pm »

And an appointed Lord Mayor too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2018, 01:33:03 pm »
The elected mayor role is designed to streamline decision making in the City and those functions of the City Council. The alternative was Cabinet administration.

The Metro Mayor has different responsibilities.

Those of a certain age will remember Merseyside County Council, abolished by Thatcher in 1986. There was a similar split in reponsibilities from 1974 to 1986.

It's never been clear, but it did seem that big Joe was planning on wearing both hats, which would have meant either merging the roles, or abolishing the City Mayor role.

The responsibility of each is different, but both are "Mayor of Liverpool". Despite what we think about Joe, he is a million miles ahead of Rotherham when it comes to visibility. Can anyone remember anything Steve has said or done since taking on the role?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2018, 03:49:09 pm »
It's never been clear, but it did seem that big Joe was planning on wearing both hats, which would have meant either merging the roles, or abolishing the City Mayor role.

The responsibility of each is different, but both are "Mayor of Liverpool". Despite what we think about Joe, he is a million miles ahead of Rotherham when it comes to visibility. Can anyone remember anything Steve has said or done since taking on the role?

Rotheram is the elected Mayor of the Liverpool City Region comprising the Merseyside authorities, Halton and Mersey Travel. He is not the mayor of Liverpool.

The Lord Mayor is a rotating non political position filled by a long serving councillor and the responsibilities are generally ceremonial.

But Joe does get plenty of publicity through his bombastic support of various flim flam schemes.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2018, 03:52:21 pm »
Rotheram is the elected Mayor of the Liverpool City Region comprising the Merseyside authorities, Halton and Mersey Travel. He is not the mayor of Liverpool.

The Lord Mayor is a rotating non political position filled by a long serving councillor and the responsibilities are generally ceremonial.

But Joe does get plenty of publicity through his bombastic support of various flim flam schemes.

That's not what Joe Anderson is, he is an elected mayor responsible for running the city.
Legacy fan

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2018, 05:41:14 pm »
That's not what Joe Anderson is, he is an elected mayor responsible for running the city.
He didn't say Joe Anderson was the LM, he was outlining the difference of the 3 roles.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2018, 05:42:27 pm »

Correct, but I think the title Mayor of Liverpool is close enough to the title Mayor of the Liverpool City Region to cause confusion and voting for both posts seems like an exercise in redundancy.

The point about publicity is that essentially the Metro Mayor role is a PR job, he is supposed to be the face of the region but he's been almost completely anonymous. I mean, it would be nice if we heard a lot less from Joe and a lot more from Steve.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2018, 06:48:29 pm »

Correct, but I think the title Mayor of Liverpool is close enough to the title Mayor of the Liverpool City Region to cause confusion and voting for both posts seems like an exercise in redundancy.

The point about publicity is that essentially the Metro Mayor role is a PR job, he is supposed to be the face of the region but he's been almost completely anonymous. I mean, it would be nice if we heard a lot less from Joe and a lot more from Steve.

The confusion is that Steve is Mayor of the Liverpool Region and Joe Liverpool City.

Whether the regional role is redundant is one thing and I don't think I've heard any policy pronouncements from Steve. Mind you coordinating 6 authorities, all different shades of red, must be like herding cats.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2018, 09:51:43 pm »
The confusion is that Steve is Mayor of the Liverpool Region and Joe Liverpool City.

And the region is called Liverpool City Region just to make things less clear for everyone.

Whether the regional role is redundant is one thing and I don't think I've heard any policy pronouncements from Steve. Mind you coordinating 6 authorities, all different shades of red, must be like herding cats.

Yes, but he's not actually running the six councils, he has overall responsibility for some very specific areas, like transport. The main point of the role is to fight the corner of the region at the national level. Compare him to Andy Burnham, who is a lot more visible.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2018, 10:18:35 pm »

And the region is called Liverpool City Region just to make things less clear for everyone.

Yes, but he's not actually running the six councils, he has overall responsibility for some very specific areas, like transport. The main point of the role is to fight the corner of the region at the national level. Compare him to Andy Burnham, who is a lot more visible.

There is some history here. When the Met Counties were abolished the 10 Manchester authorities worked together and set up the Association of Greater Manchester Authorities to act as a ccordinating body.

Unfortunately there was no such will to work together on Merseyside, probably due to Hatton's insularity and intransigence which lead to Liverpool doing their own thing.

So Andy Burnham has had the bones of a structure to work with whilst Steve Rotheram is starting from scratch.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2018, 10:57:15 pm »
If the 82 is stopping by St John's when it didn't before it's probably because the stops on Renshaw Street are out of commission until the finish building.  They 86s stop there but I didn't know the 82s did.

I think they go down Upper Parliament Street at the moment because the pavements on Park Lane are being done so it's down to one lane in places.  to be honest it would be better if the 82s avoided Hanover Street altogether and just looped around Elliot Street and back out again, but they need to terminate at Liverpool One and the only access is via Duke Street, Hanover Street, Park Lane or the Strand.

Popcorn's Art

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2018, 11:33:23 pm »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2018, 12:17:07 am »
There is some history here. When the Met Counties were abolished the 10 Manchester authorities worked together and set up the Association of Greater Manchester Authorities to act as a ccordinating body.

Unfortunately there was no such will to work together on Merseyside, probably due to Hatton's insularity and intransigence which lead to Liverpool doing their own thing.

So Andy Burnham has had the bones of a structure to work with whilst Steve Rotheram is starting from scratch.

I see what you are saying, but none of that should affect the fact that Burnham is openly commenting and being widely quoted on events of national significance while Rotherham seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth. (And Anderson can't shut his gob for five minutes.)
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2018, 12:25:41 am »
If the 82 is stopping by St John's when it didn't before it's probably because the stops on Renshaw Street are out of commission until the finish building.  They 86s stop there but I didn't know the 82s did.

I think they go down Upper Parliament Street at the moment because the pavements on Park Lane are being done so it's down to one lane in places.  to be honest it would be better if the 82s avoided Hanover Street altogether and just looped around Elliot Street and back out again, but they need to terminate at Liverpool One and the only access is via Duke Street, Hanover Street, Park Lane or the Strand.

It does not go down Upper Parliament Street, just Parliament Street. The road between there and Duke St, Great George Street, was the original route. At first they were moved to go down St James Street and Park Lane, as you say, but if there's a temporary problem there it makes far more sense to simply go back to the original route until that's sorted.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2018, 08:50:52 am »
It does not go down Upper Parliament Street, just Parliament Street. The road between there and Duke St, Great George Street, was the original route. At first they were moved to go down St James Street and Park Lane, as you say, but if there's a temporary problem there it makes far more sense to simply go back to the original route until that's sorted.

Yeah sorry, I meant just Parliament Street.  ;D

to be honest they could run it out of the city via Duke Street and back into the city via Parliament Street and the Strand.  The problem is people want to get off in the city centre and the roads just aren't there.  Maybe they could reroute the traffic and turn Hanover Street into a bus lane...

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2018, 09:56:36 am »
I see what you are saying, but none of that should affect the fact that Burnham is openly commenting and being widely quoted on events of national significance while Rotherham seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth. (And Anderson can't shut his gob for five minutes.)

Of course you are right. I think it is more down to the fact that there is more of a concensus in Greater Manchester than in Merseyside so easier for Burnham.

Anderson will gob off about anything to get column inches or whatever the digital equivalent is.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2018, 12:55:10 pm »
Yeah sorry, I meant just Parliament Street.  ;D

to be honest they could run it out of the city via Duke Street and back into the city via Parliament Street and the Strand.  The problem is people want to get off in the city centre and the roads just aren't there.

That's what they are doing. It's useless for anyone who wants to get to Hope St, Lime St, or anywhere else at that end of town. If they did the same with half the 86s, the impact on the roads would be the same, but instead they just fucked over the 82 users.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2018, 02:48:18 pm »
Surprised this hasn't been linked yet

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/mar/13/buyer-funded-development-scandal
imagine having to deal with an Osborne/fat joe tag team

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2018, 06:39:01 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2018, 08:35:27 pm »
Fuck knows but circulation of that pic would be good!  ;D

https://m.kumparan.com/@kumparanbola/disambut-big-reds-walikota-liverpool-ternyata-fans-everton

So was Joe on a beano in Indonesia and was trolled by some Reds?

That should find its way on to GOT.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2018, 09:25:25 pm »
An he's not even wearing gloves!  :o

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2018, 01:25:21 am »
Anyone know what he's getting up to over in Indonesia?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2018, 09:02:25 am »
Well, since there was a crackdown on Sheil Rd.....
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2018, 06:32:35 pm »
eating mostly

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #230 on: April 6, 2018, 01:36:49 am »
Council could entirely fund Everton’s new £500m stadium if club cannot raise its share, says Mayor

https://lbndaily.co.uk/council-entirely-fund-evertons-new-500m-stadium-club-cannot-raise-share-says-mayor/
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #231 on: April 6, 2018, 10:55:11 am »
anyone see that tweet to him after our game when he was going on about the city coach and someone said it was pot holes that caused coach damage, but funniest thing was he called him 'Chippy tits'

:lmao

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 8, 2018, 06:06:12 pm »
anyone see that tweet to him after our game when he was going on about the city coach and someone said it was pot holes that caused coach damage, but funniest thing was he called him 'Chippy tits'

:lmao

"OI!  CHIPPY TITS!"

;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 24, 2018, 02:48:58 pm »
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2018, 03:31:06 pm »
What's all this about?

https://www.facebook.com/MerseysideOnFilm/videos/290693048232619/

I think the beardy chap knew what he was talking about, whereas chippy tits didn't.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 24, 2018, 03:34:20 pm »
He’s an embarrassment to the Labour Party

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 24, 2018, 05:46:51 pm »
He’s an embarrassment to the Labour Party
hes an embarrassment full stop

Online Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #237 on: December 3, 2018, 09:26:52 am »
A new low for him.
I know he may say that his "Scandinavian" tweet was from a private not mayoral account but someone in his capacity having a go at group of people that pump much needed money into the local economy. He was playing to the bitter gallery there, but was too thick to see where is true responsibilities lie.
How the fuck did the City end up with him?

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 3, 2018, 10:48:27 am »
A new low for him.
I know he may say that his "Scandinavian" tweet was from a private not mayoral account but someone in his capacity having a go at group of people that pump much needed money into the local economy. He was playing to the bitter gallery there, but was too thick to see where is true responsibilities lie.
How the fuck did the City end up with him?

He'll try pass it off as football banter but it's out of order, he is a joke

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #239 on: December 3, 2018, 11:45:54 am »
Seems only fitting he begins to round off 2018 by how he started it - a fucking embarrassment.

That being said, he peaked less than a week into the year for me with the Police incident, surely one of the maddest things to ever happen, anywhere ever  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.