Author Topic: Liverpool City Council  (Read 110292 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool City Council
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:56:10 pm »
I realise it's news but it's also Liverpool related.  Am I the only one who thinks Joe Anderson is bottling out of a referendum on an elected Mayor for Liverpool 'cause he doesn't think he can win it?

I have little time for the likes of Nick Clegg but he has stated the extra £130m Anderson is bleating on about is available with or without a Mayor.  Not really sure what to make of it.  I'm a Labour man myself but this smells fishy - and I'm not talking about Baldrick's apple crumble.

« Last Edit: July 7, 2022, 08:50:38 am by John C »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Anderson
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 09:01:59 pm »
The £130m is available without a Mayer being incumbent.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:03:11 pm »
He was a teacher in my old school and had him for few classes. That's all i can contribute.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »
To be blunt, Joe Anderson looks like a prime candidate for a heart attack!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:58:30 pm »
he used to be the manager of The Monro on Duke Street ..and would give us stay behinds when we got back from away games...despite being one of the staunchest Blues ive ever met

for that reason Ive always liked him.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »
I kind of agree with him going for it now, I don't care enough to see a reason to wait on a referendum (and the money to show up a year later).

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2012, 12:24:28 am »
He was a teacher in my old school and had him for few classes. That's all i can contribute.
he used to be the manager of The Monro on Duke Street ..and would give us stay behinds when we got back from away games...despite being one of the staunchest Blues ive ever met for that reason Ive always liked him.
He's also been a social worker ............

Offline istvan kosma

• Kopite
  • whos a good puppy Rezdog
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2012, 04:36:47 pm »
he used to be the manager of The Monro on Duke Street ..and would give us stay behinds when we got back from away games...despite being one of the staunchest Blues ive ever met

that place was best under Ernie woo haha
Rules of life

1. life is for living and to have fun
2. Not to the detriment of another

Dj Short

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8 on: February 9, 2012, 05:51:55 pm »
that place was best under Ernie woo haha

Gashouse...Monro...Pistol Club....perfect Sunday afternoon....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:10 pm »
He was also heavily involved in the Michael Shields case wasn't he? Seems like an Ok guy - for a Bluenose!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Joe Anderson brands residents 'moaners'
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 04:10:25 pm »
Liverpool's mayor has faced criticism for suggesting city residents are "moaners and pessimists" on social networking site Twitter.

The tweet read: "Only in Liverpool is the glass always half empty, only in Liverpool do the moaners and pessimists out voice the optimists."

Labour Mayor Joe Anderson's comments followed some criticism of a £260m plan to regenerate the Anfield area.

Liberal Democrat group leader Richard Kemp said the comments were "damaging".

Mr Kemp said: "I do think he's wrong. I think my city of Liverpool is incredibly resilient, there are all sorts of good things happening here and the mayor above all ought to be talking our city up not deriding it.

"He thinks criticism of him is criticism of Liverpool. Describing us like he has here damages investment and damages jobs."

The plans for Anfield, which are subject to a public consultation, would see Liverpool FC's stadium expanded and a business hub built.

It would also involve the building of new housing and the demolition of some existing properties.

Many residents welcomed the plans, which they said had seen several "false dawns" over the past decade.

Others criticised the way the proposal has been dealt with and said the council's purchase offer for homes earmarked for demolition was too low.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-23062489

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Anderson brands residents 'moaners'
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 05:15:11 pm »
The only people who say scousers moan alot are people who havent spent much time outside of Liverpool. This entire country is full of moaners and pessimists, it's one of the foundations of Britain
@johnbuckels

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 05:26:30 pm »
There's moaning c*nts everywhere.

I mean, has he never seen a post match thread :P
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 06:46:12 pm »
There's moaning c*nts everywhere.

I mean, has he never seen a post match thread :P

He's an Evertonian.  ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »
He's an Evertonian.  ;)

Surely then he's part of the problem  ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 06:50:47 pm »
The problem is the moaners are just more vocal than the optimists, I don't necessarily think there is more of one group than the other (or that there are groups which are always one or the other for that matter).

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool Mayor
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 11:32:20 pm »
After this weeks debacle regarding the cunard buildings not now being used as part of the cruise industry and Joe Anderson coming in for plenty of stick and rightly so in my opinion . Should the Mayor of the city be a politician or someone who has real vision and personality to actually carry out forward thinking plans and see them through to completion .

Liverpool as a city is really improving and going places . I love the feel and buzz of the city but for every one good project or scheme that gets going there is always two or three pie in the sky or failed
efforts .  Does this happen in other major cities or just Liverpool . Who do some of the local contributors on here  think should be or would make a good serious candidate

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Liverpool Mayor
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 11:58:26 pm »
Should the Mayor of the city be a politician or someone who has real vision and personality to actually carry out forward thinking plans and see them through to completion?

It shouldn't really matter.  In democratic systems these leaders should be able spokespersons and fitting representatives - their use of their rubber stamp should be merely ceremonial; their directive over it exceptional.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 12:03:40 am »
After this weeks debacle regarding the cunard buildings not now being used as part of the cruise industry and Joe Anderson coming in for plenty of stick and rightly so in my opinion . Should the Mayor of the city be a politician or someone who has real vision and personality to actually carry out forward thinking plans and see them through to completion .
The plans for the Cunard not being used for the terminal have nothing to do with the Mayors vision for the city mate. Whatever people wish to say about him I don't think he can be criticised for not wanting the City to be globally recognised beyond football & the Beatles.
Hosting the Giants, although of course there can be a debate about who prospers, was a massive risk for the council to take. The planning, disruption and potential for something to go wrong did not prevent an ambitious weekend that attracted people from all over the world which other cities envied.
Liverpool as a city is really improving and going places . I love the feel and buzz of the city but for every one good project or scheme that gets going there is always two or three pie in the sky or failed
Examples would be helpful to justify that mate, just so our other readers don't get the impression that Liverpool Council still fails.
Does this happen in other major cities or just Liverpool .
Outside of London the concept of a Mayor is relatively new, but I expect there are are plenty of issues encountered, particularly in London.
Who do some of the local contributors on here  think should be or would make a good serious candidate
That's the big question mate, there was an absence of serious competition in 2010. I'm not sure, as residents, we'll witness anything different in May.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 12:13:30 am »
Anderson is all about the grand gesture, the big talk, the flamboyant one off display...with very little genuine thought or long term strategy ......a fat bullshitting bastard...and an incompetent arselicking council............useless c*nts to a man/woman
I'm not an advocate of our Mayor but he's delivered more than a one-off display. There's been a significant number of cultural successes in the last 5 years.
...and an incompetent arselicking council............useless c*nts to a man/woman
What does any of that mean mate?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Anderson Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 12:28:28 am »
Considering a lot of the major cities rejected the idea of  a mayor then if Joe Anderson plays it right politically then Liverpool could do really well out of it . The government want the idea of mayors to work so if it's made to look like you prosper more and get a better deal by having one , then it would be in the governments Interest to accommodate Liverpool more than other cities in grants and rebates and government department relocations . A political risk but Joe anderson has been described today as the most powerful politician in england outside London .he needs to use that power
So, the Cunard Building achieves a premises related saving but doesn't reach the potential intended in facilitating the turnaround of passengers. What else has gone wrong since this post mate?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you but this is a forum which is read all over the world, painting a picture of failure isn't fair to the city or the individual imo. Particularly as we've seen a viscous £300m cuts, yes 300 million pounds.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 09:59:43 am »
A very sticky subject is cuts  ;)
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 10:31:14 am »
Where's the £130m, Joe?

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 02:01:40 pm »
So, the Cunard Building achieves a premises related saving but doesn't reach the potential intended in facilitating the turnaround of passengers. What else has gone wrong since this post mate?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you but this is a forum which is read all over the world, painting a picture of failure isn't fair to the city or the individual imo. Particularly as we've seen a viscous £300m cuts, yes 300 million pounds.

My post last night was borne more out of frustration not with just Joe Anderson but previous city leaders . I actually think he has done a decent job but do think he correctly was criticised for the handling of the takeover
Of Cunard buildings . I agree if the figures add up and savings are made over a period of time then moving council offices under one roof and raising revenue elsewhere makes sense . But from a national and international perspective he made great fanfare and pushed the use of it as a cruise terminal to the forefront of the news agenda to once again finding out it's not actually deliverable . But it's been a year now since this was first announced , so suddenly it's back to the drawing board to plan , design and construct a new terminal

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 02:10:40 pm »
I'm not an advocate of our Mayor but he's delivered more than a one-off display. There's been a significant number of cultural successes in the last 5 years.

Totally agree with that and IMO should be more on the scale of the giants ,  . But these events have been going on since 2008 he's only been mayor for two years . How they should be paid for is another debate in these times of cuts .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »
A very sticky subject is cuts  ;)
;D I suspected I'd have to clarify my responses, I must distance myself from appearing to be a cheerleader for the Mayor, its not my intention and I'm certainly not. I was just concerned about the both the national & international perception on the City about a minor issue. I'll try to keep quiet  :wave

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »
Totally agree with that and IMO should be more on the scale of the giants ,  . But these events have been going on since 2008 he's only been mayor for two years . How they should be paid for is another debate in these times of cuts .
OK mate, and I wasn't having a go at you at all. I'd be disappointed if it looked that way.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 09:08:18 pm »
He's a fat knobhead.  I have inside information from journalist sources about the people he cut loose once he got the Mayor's job.  He should bog off and do the gay karma sutra with Eric Pickles.

Popcorn's Art

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2014, 06:25:16 pm »
He's a bully. I also know people who work for local newspapers and he's regularly on the phone trying to intimidate and threaten.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 08:04:04 am »
Looks like Liverpool City Council will rubber stamp the scrapping of bus lanes today, even though the pilot still has a month to run.

What Joe wants, Joe gets.  ::)

Popcorn's Art

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 01:39:49 pm »
Looks like Liverpool City Council will rubber stamp the scrapping of bus lanes today, even though the pilot still has a month to run.

What Joe wants, Joe gets.  ::)

Did the bus lanes really work though? I think not, especially along Prescot Road and Kensington. All it took was for someone such as a delivery driver to park in the bus lane to make a delivery and is caused chaos.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 01:48:29 pm »
the bus lanes were a farce.

No one gets the bus to work because its quicker than the car. Make buses more affordable and less like the waiting room for hell and more people will use them
cyas

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 04:28:58 pm »
As a bus user, I would say that the bus lanes DID work.  Naturally it would be car drivers who complained about them.  Uncle Joe suspended them for 7 odd months but then extended the suspension because he clearly wasn't getting the answers he wanted.  I always knew the suspension would be permanent.

I can't imagine many other cities are closing their bus lanes, but then Liverpool does love to be a progressive city.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 04:29:42 pm »
the bus lanes were a farce.

No one gets the bus to work because its quicker than the car. Make buses more affordable and less like the waiting room for hell and more people will use them

Well if the buses weren't privatised maybe the council might have some influence over ticket prices, but as things stand...

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »
I think some of the bus lanes did work , but some were causing havoc and raised revenues . The one on Kensington into town was crazy , only took 2 cars turning right into sheil road and the backlog was bad yet the bus lane is empty , no buses to be seen but try and pull into the lane fifty yards from the lights and the camera gets you .

Then the one on rice lane were you pull out the McNasty's into the inside lane to turn left onto hornby road fifty yards ahead and the camera gets you . Probably needed modifying than abolishing , oh and then you'd get
The motorist ambling along in the outside lane because loads never realised they were only active in the morning go into town ( 6-30 to 9-30 ) and in the evening out of town ( 4-00 until 6-30 )

Offline Rafalutionary

• Legacy Fan
  • For Sure
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 08:30:20 pm »
He's a fat knobhead.  I have inside information from journalist sources about the people he cut loose once he got the Mayor's job.  He should bog off and do the gay karma sutra with Eric Pickles.

And he's got a head like a red rooster potato to boot!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the games and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great yet humble" - Bill Shankly

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 07:18:50 pm »

I've never been to a free stay behind before
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 03:03:56 pm »
i emailed him over he proposale to close allerton golf course. He actually replied to me about 6 weeks later and it wasnt just a generic email, he actually went through each point i raised.

Have to give him some credti for things like that, if it was me, id just delete 99% of my emails from moaners like me !

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #38 on: November 3, 2014, 12:44:44 pm »
i emailed him over he proposale to close allerton golf course. He actually replied to me about 6 weeks later and it wasnt just a generic email, he actually went through each point i raised.

Have to give him some credti for things like that, if it was me, id just delete 99% of my emails from moaners like me !
i disagree with some of the things he does, but ive had similar experiences with him. Whilst doing my dissertation I asked him for info in regards to council policy on the living wage and names of companies within liverpool who use a living wage. He replied with a list of companies and also sign posted me to websites that would offer more information

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 2, 2014, 06:37:10 pm »

Popcorn's Art