Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 336126 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1960 on: August 29, 2018, 06:39:29 pm »
So to bump the question... does anyone know of any pubs in the centre showing 3pms? Wouldn't mind catching some after our game on Saturday.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1961 on: August 29, 2018, 06:43:05 pm »
Pretty much everywhere will have it on on Saturday, it's only the non-televised games you struggle to find.
AHA!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1962 on: August 29, 2018, 06:46:48 pm »
Pretty much everywhere will have it on on Saturday, it's only the non-televised games you struggle to find.

Yeah that's kind of my point. Our game is 12.30pm, and after the 3pms  ;D

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1963 on: August 29, 2018, 07:26:59 pm »
Oh shit yeah, I can't read seemingly. Last time I caught a 3pm was when Hull done us away. And I know the Slaughterhouse stopped just after that. Hannover maybe?
AHA!

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1964 on: September 21, 2018, 08:21:03 am »
The James Monro on Tithebarn Street (not to be mistaken with the Monro on Duke Street) has re-opened as a gay pub. Its had a few different owners over the last 12 months, all lasting only a short amount of time.

The Railway is still undergoing rebuilding/refurbishment too, was never a great fan of the place to be honest, despite it being round the corner from work. They originally reckoned it would re-open by September/October, but there is no chance of that, they had to rip the whole place apart. But work is still ongoing so lets see what it turns out like.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: September 21, 2018, 09:01:17 am »
How can  a pub be gay? Does it like other pubs?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1966 on: September 21, 2018, 09:06:38 am »

;D ;D

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: September 21, 2018, 11:51:25 am »

Ok then, its a pub that has re-opened with lots of rainbow flags and a huge painting on the wall of a man dressed up as a woman.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1968 on: September 30, 2018, 08:34:08 pm »
Came up to Liverpool on Saturday for a pub crawl had a cracking day.

Went upto a part of town iv never been before did the philharmonic bar, roscoe head, belvedere arms, ye crack, the dispensary, and brewdog absolutely cracking day.

Only twigged it was the dispensary pub that i had read about on the morning after,seeing as it has this really bad rep with crazy dave, i liked it, no bother at all in there, nice little boozer.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: October 1, 2018, 11:15:50 pm »
Came up to Liverpool on Saturday for a pub crawl had a cracking day.

Went upto a part of town iv never been before did the philharmonic bar, roscoe head, belvedere arms, ye crack, the dispensary, and brewdog absolutely cracking day.

Only twigged it was the dispensary pub that i had read about on the morning after,seeing as it has this really bad rep with crazy dave, i liked it, no bother at all in there, nice little boozer.

You obviously drank quick enough and didn't order a glass of coke , think thats the best part of town myself also enjoy jenevers for a gin with the missus and fredriks as well as the Casa all on hope streetv
« Last Edit: October 1, 2018, 11:18:36 pm by gazzam1963 »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: October 2, 2018, 12:15:00 am »
^ great up there, don't forget Kavanagh's which is boss too.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: October 4, 2018, 12:26:38 pm »

This has killed me this.  ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1972 on: October 4, 2018, 04:03:49 pm »
Was out with an old uni friend on Friday.

His mates wanted to go down Matthew Street.

It's still terrible. As you were

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1973 on: October 4, 2018, 04:44:27 pm »

Matthew Street and that stretch opposite Central are the pits.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1974 on: October 4, 2018, 10:06:58 pm »

If anyone ever asks me for directions to go there I do my very best to talk them out of it.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: October 8, 2018, 01:01:28 pm »
Matthew Street and that stretch opposite Central are the pits.

Was out with mates the other weekend and someone claimed one of those shitholes opposite Central was showing the Everton game. We attended but lasted for one pint only in that Lanigans, it was like having a swig in the Rocky Horror Show.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1976 on: October 8, 2018, 04:36:34 pm »
Was out with mates the other weekend and someone claimed one of those shitholes opposite Central was showing the Everton game. We attended but lasted for one pint only in that Lanigans, it was like having a swig in the Rocky Horror Show.

You must be a glutton for punishment watching Everton in a shit hole or was it penance for a mortal sin?

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: October 8, 2018, 08:19:35 pm »
You must be a glutton for punishment watching Everton in a shit hole or was it penance for a mortal sin?

The agreement was to watch their game if possible, then watch us play Chelsea - throw into the mix the Mancs getting had off by West Ham and it wasnt a bad days football.... :)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: October 16, 2018, 08:35:42 pm »
So where is the place to watch the match this upcoming Saturday? I'm looking for cheap beer, pub with good telly's and enough room to be able to watch the footie? Oh, also be able to get served and it would be nice if its walking distance from China town or decent restaurants with good food. Preferably cheap, but if the food is Ok I'm prepared to push the boat out - provided the wine is the right money. I'm sure that there are some miser's out there who have sussed out some diamond venues? Any help would be appreciated. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: October 17, 2018, 04:45:14 pm »
So where is the place to watch the match this upcoming Saturday? I'm looking for cheap beer, pub with good telly's and enough room to be able to watch the footie? Oh, also be able to get served and it would be nice if its walking distance from China town or decent restaurants with good food. Preferably cheap, but if the food is Ok I'm prepared to push the boat out - provided the wine is the right money. I'm sure that there are some miser's out there who have sussed out some diamond venues? Any help would be appreciated. 

Hope & Anchor is decent, the beer isn't particularly cheap but it depends what you class as cheap. Most places that sell really cheap ale sell really horrible ale.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1980 on: October 18, 2018, 12:26:32 pm »
The Beer Engine on Hardman Street.  Loads of brand new tellies, a couple of projection screens, loads of space, great ale and decent food.

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1981 on: October 18, 2018, 12:59:35 pm »
That the old Bumper? Was deserted when I went in a few Saturday’s back, MOTD was on, so around 10.30.

Not a great sign.
AHA!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1982 on: October 18, 2018, 11:02:47 pm »
That the old Bumper? Was deserted when I went in a few Saturday’s back, MOTD was on, so around 10.30.

Not a great sign.
Yep, that's the place.  I was in there for the Man City game and it was full.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1983 on: October 19, 2018, 04:38:55 pm »
Yep, that's the place.  I was in there for the Man City game and it was full.

Not been yet, but was talking to a lad who worked on it,  reckons they have seen a fair few £ on it. Whats the ale like?
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: October 19, 2018, 06:54:19 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, the Beer engine isn't too far away from my usual haunts like the Roscoe Arms and Dispensary which can get a bit too packed when there's a match on so I'll defo have a look. Ta :hally
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #1985 on: October 20, 2018, 10:24:56 am »
Does the Beer Engine show 3pm kick offs then? If not, what's the best place in town that will show them?
Justice for the 97

Offline LennyBaker

• Main Stander
« Reply #1986 on: October 22, 2018, 11:17:18 am »
Hi,

A friend of mine is bringing her 9-year old to Liverpool the weekend of 24/11 to take them on the Anfield Tour on the Sunday morning.

Any recommendations for pubs in town (shes probably staying near Liverpool one), where she could take the lad to watch the Watford V Liverpool match, bearing in mind that its a 3pm K.O.?

Thanks

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1987 on: October 22, 2018, 11:26:06 am »
Tried the Beer Engine for the match on Saturday as was going straight to Yukti for some dinner which is only round the corner. It was OK - busy but given it's huge it doesn't feel overly packed. Getting served was quick enough too as it's a huge bar and had a decent number of staff on. Only sampled the one beer (Mahou) but that was a decent pint. Loads of big TVs, comms were a little low though - but that's not always a bad thing.

Doubt they'll be showing the 3pms, hardly anywhere is now.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: October 23, 2018, 09:04:12 am »
Yes the 3pm Saturday games are a pain to get in a pub, it was last season but I know McCartney's Bar (was the Hanover Hotel) had them on but not sure now, it's on Hanover street btw.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1989 on: October 23, 2018, 10:09:56 am »
Me lad went to Bar 53 on saturday after attending a party,the barman told them they sell spirits by the bottle if they wanted..a bottle of JD was £120.
I asked me lad if the barman had a mask on.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: October 23, 2018, 10:17:25 am »
Thats what many do, you get a booth in your chosen trendy bar and there is a minimum spend of £100 or so, suppose it its between a few then its not too bad.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1991 on: October 23, 2018, 10:20:09 am »
Works out at less than £4.30 a shot which is a fair bit cheaper than you'd likely pay individually. If you're in a group drinking the same then probably works out cheaper overall.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1992 on: October 23, 2018, 10:27:44 am »
Works out at less than £4.30 a shot which is a fair bit cheaper than you'd likely pay individually. If you're in a group drinking the same then probably works out cheaper overall.

£3.50 a shot on their website, crazy mark ups.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1993 on: October 23, 2018, 10:33:08 am »
£3.50 a shot on their website, crazy mark ups.

Yeah the mark ups are scary when you work them out. Is a bar around the corner from mine where the cost of two double gins costs the same as buying the full bottle at the shop.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1994 on: October 23, 2018, 10:47:33 am »
Yeah the mark ups are scary when you work them out. Is a bar around the corner from mine where the cost of two double gins costs the same as buying the full bottle at the shop.

Aye is exactly the way i see it,he got a 1L bottle of JD last week and it was £20.
Town prices eh  :o

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #1995 on: January 24, 2019, 09:21:58 pm »
Heading to Liverpool on a stag do this weekend, there isn't a huge crowd of us going so we wont have the bother of being a large group but I still want to head off the beaten track if anyone. When i go the game its usually spoons and up to the ground and then back to Matthew st. Has anyone any advice for a few local bars?.. ta
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1996 on: January 25, 2019, 11:25:08 pm »
Heading to Liverpool on a stag do this weekend, there isn't a huge crowd of us going so we wont have the bother of being a large group but I still want to head off the beaten track if anyone. When i go the game its usually spoons and up to the ground and then back to Matthew st. Has anyone any advice for a few local bars?.. ta

Start at the Ship and Mitre on dale St, loads of decent pubs along there, excelsior next door, all the way up to Thomas Rigbys. Avoid Matthew St and Concert square at all costs....
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: January 29, 2019, 11:08:37 am »
Start at the Ship and Mitre on dale St, loads of decent pubs along there, excelsior next door, all the way up to Thomas Rigbys. Avoid Matthew St and Concert square at all costs....

Don't forget the vernon

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: June 27, 2019, 04:14:53 pm »
Coming back to pool on Saturday for a piss up went upto the philharmonic pub last time and stayed around that area any good pubs / pub crawls we have missed ?
Don't wanna touch Mathew street if we can help it and don't really want to walk miles from lime st station.
Any suggestions?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1999 on: June 27, 2019, 04:18:03 pm »
The Dispensary isn't too far from Lime St  ???