Poll

Please crown your CHAMPION:

SPS/XabiArt
17 (70.8%)
Tubby
7 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: March 3, 2017, 08:36:50 pm

Author Topic: All-time Footballing Duos & Partnerships draft - GRAND FINAL  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Welcome to the final of the Duos & Partnerships draft where drafters were tasked with creating a team of players who had been in a partnership at one stage in their career - whether internationally or at club level. Obvious examples such as Torres & Gerrard or Hansen & Lawrenson.

Please judge the following teams and players on their ability as a partnership for the club or country they have played for together and NOT only as individuals -

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SPS/XabiArt                                                    V                                           Tubby   

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: All-time Footballing Duos & Partnerships draft - GRAND FINAL
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2017, 09:02:17 pm »
Maldini, Tassotti and Donadoni on the same team ???

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2017, 09:14:43 pm »
Maldini, Tassotti and Donadoni on the same team ???

Different eras. This was always allowed in the rules. The Maldini who played with Nesta as a CB played in a completely different Milan to the one who played with Donadoni as a left back. It was also brought up at the time they were picked and everyone okayed it in-thread.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2017, 09:26:23 pm »
It's not different eras though. There's 3 players who played on the same team regardless of where some of them played. Bit late now but i totally missed it when it went through and i would have voiced my disapproval then :D bad enough they have two brains instead of one picking a team let alone being allowed to have 3 players from one of if not the greatest club teams ever ::)
Still, they got me vote. Not impressed with Tubbys backline

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 2, 2017, 09:31:28 pm »
This could be my last chance to win a footballing draft given how out of favour they are nowadays. Bricking it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: March 2, 2017, 09:36:43 pm »
It's not different eras though. There's 3 players who played on the same team regardless of where some of them played. Bit late now but i totally missed it when it went through and i would have voiced my disapproval then :D bad enough they have two brains instead of one picking a team let alone being allowed to have 3 players from one of if not the greatest club teams ever ::)
Still, they got me vote. Not impressed with Tubbys backline

You and Klippity are the experts at complaining about things after the event  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 2, 2017, 09:38:49 pm »
This could be my last chance to win a footballing draft given how out of favour they are nowadays. Bricking it.
;D life changing shit. I only ever won one draft. The boxing draft. I'm the reigning boxing draft champ. That right Samie? Suckas took such a hammering from me they've all been left scarred and shook for life. It really is life changing. Join the club

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 2, 2017, 09:40:48 pm »
;D life changing shit. I only ever won one draft. The boxing draft. I'm the reigning boxing draft champ. That right Samie? Suckas took such a hammering from me they've all been left scarred and shook for life. It really is life changing. Join the club
I know there's definitely a secret members society for RAWK draft winners and quite frankly I've waited long enough

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #8 on: March 2, 2017, 09:41:10 pm »
I know there's definitely a secret members society for RAWK draft winners and quite frankly I've waited long enough

There's a whole sub board for it.

We mock others from on high.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 2, 2017, 09:41:50 pm »
You and Klippity are the experts at complaining about things after the event  ;D
Bro, you know i woulda piped up. I voiced me disapproval at a pick in this draft. Can't remember what it was though :D These things are too bloody cordial anyway. It's why they just drift now. I think our barney over the vote thread was the last draft hullabaloo ;D good times

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: March 2, 2017, 09:55:04 pm »

I remember you reaching the Bundesliga draft final on your first outing! Is this the moment you finally shake off that one-hit wonder tag?

There's a whole sub board for it.

We mock others from on high.

There's also that separate sub board for all Samie's alphabet draft wins.

Bro, you know i woulda piped up. I voiced me disapproval at a pick in this draft. Can't remember what it was though :D These things are too bloody cordial anyway. It's why they just drift now. I think our barney over the vote thread was the last draft hullabaloo ;D good times

I think they mostly drift because we've all run out of reactions to drafting the same players over and over. I was hoping we'd see a few more irregular partnerships in this one, but it all ended up with the same sets of players again and I was just as much to blame. Quite wish I'd picked Ehiogu and Southgate in hindsight  ;D  The best drafts have been the ones which have seen almost completely new players picked or some crazy mind bending criteria to keep us all thinking - Sheep, Forgotten Nations, Auction, Hipster.

Haha and yeah that 'barney' was rather epic. I think we also miss quite a few regulars who have left us over the years. Saint and his sisters, AWWUC arguing about Carlos Alberto with a 'C' or an 'A', Prof's creation of the legend of Konoplyanka and Gullit the CB etc.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2017, 09:58:07 pm »
I remember you reaching the Bundesliga draft final on your first outing! Is this the moment you finally shake off that one-hit wonder tag?

lost by 1 vote as well. It's been a hard life since then

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2017, 10:59:20 pm »
Knew that Utd defence would bite me in the ass eventually.  Gullit and van Basten though, people. Come on.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: March 2, 2017, 11:20:04 pm »
Knew that Utd defence would bite me in the ass eventually.  Gullit and van Basten though, people. Come on.

Those two and your midfield quartet won me over Tubster. Even made me overlook that horribly Mancunian backline.

Tubby for the win. #TeamSlough

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2017, 11:22:02 pm »
SPS/Xabi also lose points for not even being able to spell their star striker's name correctly. Do you people not even proof read? :wanker

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15 on: March 3, 2017, 09:42:38 am »
Eugh, just seen the score.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16 on: March 3, 2017, 11:00:57 am »
Went for Tubby because they misspelled Butragueño.  :wave
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #17 on: March 3, 2017, 11:10:20 am »

I'll take it.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 3, 2017, 11:51:01 am »
oh come on the t and r are right next to each other!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #19 on: March 3, 2017, 12:01:06 pm »
oh come on the t and r are right next to each other!

I couldn't look past the sexy Gullit and Van Basten front two even though I love the Souness/Terry MC midfield duo!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 3, 2017, 03:11:02 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #21 on: March 3, 2017, 03:21:34 pm »
Well deserved, think we had the two best teams overall and I've already got a draft win under my belt so I can take this one on the chin even though there was some blatant cheating with Donadoni, Tassotti and Maldini.  Plus the misspelling with Burtragueno up front with Ernie Sanchez.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #22 on: March 3, 2017, 03:33:27 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 3, 2017, 05:22:26 pm »
bump

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 3, 2017, 05:39:35 pm »
bump
??? this turkey has had a fork in it since last night. You're just making things worse for Tubster :D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 3, 2017, 05:42:09 pm »
Well deserved, think we had the two best teams overall and I've already got a draft win under my belt so I can take this one on the chin even though there was some blatant cheating with Donadoni, Tassotti and Maldini.  Plus the misspelling with Burtragueno up front with Ernie Sanchez.
uh-oh. I sense an asterisk beside an sps win coming on

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 3, 2017, 05:49:57 pm »
Eugh, just seen the score.

Too tight to call, both really strong sides.

Still went SPS/XabiArt. Sorry.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #27 on: March 3, 2017, 06:00:43 pm »

Given the extra man advantage, the 'cheat' picks and the misspelling of their own player name, I think we can call this final a draw.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 3, 2017, 06:09:19 pm »
One of our draft regulars.  :(

France and Real Madrid attacking legend Raymond Kopa has died. http://bbc.in/2mOxp1g

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 3, 2017, 06:18:03 pm »
Given the extra man advantage, the 'cheat' picks and the misspelling of their own player name, I think we can call this final a draw.

Still don't think Capdevila and Ramos are a genuine partnership. Boo.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 3, 2017, 06:27:44 pm »
uh-oh. I sense an asterisk beside an sps win coming on
:no
in all seriousness, i still feel its a valid pick. Mainly because Maldini and his performances should only be considered as soon as he and Nesta became a pair. So his time at Milan while Tassotti and Donadoni should be disregarded

The typo annoys me more than anything. I thought it was Terry Mac's name I was sure to get wrong.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #31 on: March 3, 2017, 09:21:32 pm »
Congratulations to SPS & XabiArt!   :champ

Our undisputed* Partnership & Duos draft winners.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32 on: March 3, 2017, 09:22:26 pm »
I wonder if he got the PM already?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 3, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »
Congratulations to SPS & XabiArt!   :champ

Our undisputed* Partnership & Duos draft winners.

Xabi get the drinks in

and you take that asterisk out!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #34 on: March 3, 2017, 10:49:36 pm »
Yesssssssssssss. First ever draft win.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe