Author Topic: Anfield Set For 12 Month Rail Seating Trial  (Read 27969 times)

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Set For 12 Month Rail Seating Trial
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2021, 03:48:29 pm »
Haven't we already started? Or does this mean something different?

I imagine this is legally allowing standing in the stadium rather than sticking in rail seating and turning a blind eye to it.

It's all a bit cart before the horse, but seems an inevitable end result. Finally, thankfully.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2021, 04:42:28 pm »
I imagine this is legally allowing standing in the stadium rather than sticking in rail seating and turning a blind eye to it.

It's all a bit cart before the horse, but seems an inevitable end result. Finally, thankfully.

Ah yes, I see - ours was touted as being done for safety reasons but in theory still not allowing standing while knowing it went on.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2021, 04:57:55 pm »
Haven't we already started? Or does this mean something different?

We aren’t allowing standing even though we’ve put rail seats in. This is to specifically allow standing during matches.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2021, 04:59:02 pm »
We aren’t allowing standing even though we’ve put rail seats in. This is to specifically allow standing during matches.

:thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #84 on: October 1, 2021, 01:10:36 pm »
Any news on whether the club has applied for safe standing?

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 1, 2021, 05:52:02 pm »
Any news on whether the club has applied for safe standing?

I think in the Times it said we weren’t expected to.

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #86 on: October 7, 2021, 12:42:27 pm »
Only 6, currently unnamed, clubs across Premier League & Championship have applied.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58829384

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2021, 04:20:21 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/447413-railed-seating-trial-starts-in-anfield-road-stand

Railed seating has been installed in the lower Anfield Road Stand as part of the season-long trial at Anfield.

This follows the 1,800 seats already installed at the back of the Kop at the start of the campaign, which have received positive feedback from supporters.

The trial is separate from the Anfield Road expansion work and will be updating 6,000 seats in the lower tier for home and away fans into railed seating. Changes will be staggered at intervals in home matches or international breaks, with approximately 1,900 seats on the back 10 rows expected to be updated for the fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2021, 11:27:53 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/447413-railed-seating-trial-starts-in-anfield-road-stand

All for the rail seating but the back ten rows of the lower Anfield Road is an area of the ground you should want people to sit down - can't see anything if people stand up!  Only slightly better if people are sitting down

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2021, 06:17:53 pm »
All for the rail seating but the back ten rows of the lower Anfield Road is an area of the ground you should want people to sit down - can't see anything if people stand up!  Only slightly better if people are sitting down

Yeah I thought they'd start at the bottom by the pitch side and work up to avoid the issue of worsening the limited view under the second tier overhang. But then if you implemented it this way you would have people standing up persistently in front of people sitting so not sure what the answer is really.

Is 6,000 seats the entire lower tier of the ARE btw?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:21:30 pm by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2021, 07:48:45 am »
Yeah I thought they'd start at the bottom by the pitch side and work up to avoid the issue of worsening the limited view under the second tier overhang. But then if you implemented it this way you would have people standing up persistently in front of people sitting so not sure what the answer is really.

Is 6,000 seats the entire lower tier of the ARE btw?

Yes

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2021, 10:08:29 am »
Yes

I appreciate the need to go carefully but note this at the end of the link:

"Supporters attending matches are reminded that Anfield is still an all-seater stadium and should remain seated when possible. Liverpool FC will not be requesting an expression of interest to pilot safe standing areas this season."

Still. Good Luck with that I suppose.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2021, 10:26:03 am »
I appreciate the need to go carefully but note this at the end of the link:

"Supporters attending matches are reminded that Anfield is still an all-seater stadium and should remain seated when possible. Liverpool FC will not be requesting an expression of interest to pilot safe standing areas this season."

Still. Good Luck with that I suppose.

Still much safer even in seated areas. I am surprised they have done it the entire Annie lower, the away section definitely needed doing to make it safer for fans.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2021, 07:50:49 am »
I don’t get why we’re actively installing over 7000 rail seats ( and far more than the other clubs) if we never planned to apply to be part of the safe standing pilot.  We know from the Spirit of shankly survey a few years back that the vast majority of supporters back safe standing so why not be part of the pilot? 
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2021, 11:57:54 am »
The club is doing its own trial of them in use as things currently are, and will likely then request to be part of a full season trial next year if they feel that they have been an improvement upon standard seats.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2022, 04:45:38 pm »
ANNOUNCEMENT

Rail seating trial to be expanded in the Kop

Liverpool FC is expanding its rail seating trial on the Kop following the installation of the seating last season.

Rail seating has been installed in two areas of Anfield following a safety review by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA). The review highlighted that during matches persistent standing in the Kop and Anfield Road lower tier is an issue that needs to be addressed to ensure supporters’ safety.

The initial trial saw 7,800 seats with rail seating installed on the Kop and across the lower tier of the Anfield Road Stand.

The club will now extend the trial of railed seating on the Kop and will use the winter break of the Premier League season to install an additional 2,500 rail seats. The expansion will be across blocks 202-306, rows 61-49 on the Kop. This will take the total rail seats in the Kop to 4,300. Work will commence imminently and will take approximately five weeks to install.

Season ticket holders whose seats are impacted by these changes will be contacted in due course to explain the changes and how this will impact them.

More here:
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/rail-seating-trial-be-expanded-kop
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2022, 05:38:17 pm »
When's our first game back at Anfield is it 26th, that's only 4 weeks away and the work will take 5 to complete, could be a tight turnaround, not sure why the work hasn't already started (unless it has and it's an old article?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2022, 06:35:28 pm »
So are they basically saying all rows from
 49 upwards across the back of the Kop will have rail seating?  In row 51 so potentially good news and could have done with a rail protecting me a few times last season lol
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2022, 08:21:57 pm »
So are they basically saying all rows from
 49 upwards across the back of the Kop will have rail seating?  In row 51 so potentially good news and could have done with a rail protecting me a few times last season lol

We're in 65 and they are great
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2022, 08:46:53 pm »
Looking forward to trying it out from my ACS seat.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2022, 09:31:05 pm »
Just get the whole Kop fitted with rail seating.  People want to stand on The Kop and Annie Road End, just get it done asap.  And when it is sorted take the seats out, nobody uses them except pre match and half time and they are are an unnecessary obstacle with a risk of people falling.  Put the seats in the concourses so people can relax with a beer.  And a really good initiative for health with less time spent on your ass.  A win-win all round.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2022, 05:49:42 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline The_Rebel

• Kopite
« Reply #102 on: December 1, 2022, 01:42:52 pm »
row 14 for me, will probably be installed for start of next season wont they
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains"

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #103 on: January 7, 2023, 07:25:15 pm »
Fcuk me - just seeing the new rails at my seat in kop 207 and I can honestly say I can’t put my feet flat and still keep my legs in my own space - the new seats take far more space than the old ones and I’m only 5’8” with a short leg measurement and legs built for a sparrow. Am gonna be forced to stand (positive) as the physical pain of squeezing my legs in trying to sit, will kill me.  How do the taller or bigger people feel?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 7, 2023, 07:50:06 pm »
Fcuk me - just seeing the new rails at my seat in kop 207 and I can honestly say I can’t put my feet flat and still keep my legs in my own space - the new seats take far more space than the old ones and I’m only 5’8” with a short leg measurement and legs built for a sparrow. Am gonna be forced to stand (positive) as the physical pain of squeezing my legs in trying to sit, will kill me.  How do the taller or bigger people feel?

When I get to go, we are in 306, I've only ever sat down at half time, but the seats seemed OK to me. Went in the Lower Kenny for the Manc legends game, now those seats are awful.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: January 8, 2023, 11:11:12 am »
Checked with others around me yesterday and their knees were sat above the seat in front so no problem. My knees are actually below the lip of the seat in front. Seems my short legs are the issue so more a problem for me than most. Lol

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #106 on: January 8, 2023, 11:44:25 am »
Checked with others around me yesterday and their knees were sat above the seat in front so no problem. My knees are actually below the lip of the seat in front. Seems my short legs are the issue so more a problem for me than most. Lol
I had that problem with the seats inthe old main stand… tall people had no issue
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #107 on: January 8, 2023, 07:02:27 pm »
Will the rail seating be extended across the whole Kop and the new upper Annie Rd for next season?

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2023, 09:03:37 pm »

there's definitely less legroom, they were also checking tickets on Saturday in 202 to get into the SS area
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2023, 09:09:34 pm »

This is an interesting point, I suppose these stadiums were built with seats in mind rather than standing? Culture completely different in Germany where there always was a bit more room making it easier to be compatible with both seating/standing.

Curious to see how future stadiums accommodate this. Maybe my impressions are completely wrong, but being on the Kop, I feel there's much less room compared to the Main Stand seats?

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2023, 07:19:10 pm »
This is an interesting point, I suppose these stadiums were built with seats in mind rather than standing? Culture completely different in Germany where there always was a bit more room making it easier to be compatible with both seating/standing.

Curious to see how future stadiums accommodate this. Maybe my impressions are completely wrong, but being on the Kop, I feel there's much less room compared to the Main Stand seats?

The kop has the shortest (?) leg room. Shorter than the ‘stands’ anyway. Germany does tend to have more legroom (current FIFA standards are bigger) and there are sections of proper standing terrace ie., not rail seating)