Author Topic: The Kingdom Untied - Pfeffel the Liar is STILL PM of these Sceptered Isles  (Read 141599 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Blimey Rabb took me by surprise on the Marr show I didn't realize how bad he was he would turn them into the new Brexit party.

"Turn them"

... Riiight.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
And no vote buttons?!!
Pffffffff

When all the candidates have floated to the sewer's surface we can have a poll...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
When all the candidates have floated to the sewer's surface we can have a poll...

Still no Larry the Cat in the initial post?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I think Boris’ ship has sailed, there was a time a couple of years ago when he was fairly popular with a good number of people outside of the Tory core. Now though more people have seen how much of a bellend he is because of how embarrassing he was as foreign sec.

The only thing stopping Gove winning is the way he looks, he’s relatively intelligent compared to someone like McVey and knows how to put a decent speech together.

If only Labour had a decent leader in waiting, you’d be rubbing your hands in glee at the prospect of facing any of those idiots.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Updated OP as The Saj has confirmed.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Updated OP as The Saj has confirmed.

He does have a striking resemblance to the villainous Hood from the Thunderbirds...

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
These really do do a dreadful job of picking leaders.  There’s been, what, maybe one credible contest in thirty years, and that was thirty years ago.  Ended up last time with a dud running unopposed, this time practically every one of them fancies a go.

Where is David Davis by the way?  Surely he must think this is his moment.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Where is David Davis by the way?  Surely he must think this is his moment.

I guess between Raab (quit as BrexSec over being sidelined inthe march towards a 'bad' deal) and Boris (quit cabinet after Chequers) he feels he hasn't really got a USP?

Oh, I just found an article from a week ago, thinks it's time for a new generation of leaders so hasn't put himself forward. He's #ReadyForRaab

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Amazed Dr Fox hasnt thrown his hat in,  unless he did and missed.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Amazed Dr Fox hasnt thrown his hat in,  unless he did and missed.

Funnily enough I can't find a mention of him either declining to run, being suggested or supporting anyone else. My take is that he wants to keep his job so won't do anything to annoy a potential Leaver Leader by backing another horse too early.

Haven't seen where the Grayling kiss of death has landed yet either. Presumably all the candidates urging him to publicly back someone else.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
It has to be Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, let him deal with the mess he contributed so much to creating. There is a strong chance the next general election could well see the utter destruction of the Tory Party and it would be so very fitting that he was the one to oversee it.

If I was him I would completely swerve it, wait til the party hits rock bottom at the next election and then make my bid for it, unless he thinks by the next election we’ll be over the worst and some kind of recovery will be in place by then?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I guess between Raab (quit as BrexSec over being sidelined inthe march towards a 'bad' deal) and Boris (quit cabinet after Chequers) he feels he hasn't really got a USP?

Oh, I just found an article from a week ago, thinks it's time for a new generation of leaders so hasn't put himself forward. He's #ReadyForRaab

Raab used to be Davis' Chief of Staff, so bit of a protege thing going on. A female ex-colleague of Raab is still under an NDA from what happened in that office, and Raab has successfully sued at least one paper for venturing guesses on the reason behind the NDA. But anyways.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Funnily enough I can't find a mention of him either declining to run, being suggested or supporting anyone else. My take is that he wants to keep his job so won't do anything to annoy a potential Leaver Leader by backing another horse too early.

Haven't seen where the Grayling kiss of death has landed yet either. Presumably all the candidates urging him to publicly back someone else.

I'm pretty sure I've watched him recently rule himself out in a TV interview.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
Raab used to be Davis' Chief of Staff, so bit of a protege thing going on. A female ex-colleague of Raab is still under an NDA from what happened in that office, and Raab has successfully sued at least one paper for venturing guesses on the reason behind the NDA. But anyways.

That colleague should just leak the details to Peter Hain and he'll spill the beans in the Lords.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Shameless name dropping but I worked with Sajid Javid when he was Communities and Local Government Secretary and he took up the cause for our 'Fairer Funding' work.  He came across extremely well and seemed to have done his homework before meetings - more than can be said for his successor James "Two Ovens" Brokenshire.

That he launched his leadership bid with "first and foremost, we must deliver Brexit" makes me think he's just another careerist with fuck-all regard for the country.  It's only three years since he voted Remain so what astonishing, position-changing facts has he come across during that time?  Answer: Nothing.  He's putting himself, his party or both ahead of what is best for the country.

That he's still the best of that abysmal bunch is scary stuff.  Johnson, Raab, Gove, Hunt, Leadsom or Stewart as our next Prime Minister trying to lead us into a hard Brexit and the abyss, that's what we've been reduced to.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Shameless name dropping but I worked with Sajid Javid when he was Communities and Local Government Secretary and he took up the cause for our 'Fairer Funding' work.  He came across extremely well and seemed to have done his homework before meetings - more than can be said for his successor James "Two Ovens" Brokenshire.

That he launched his leadership bid with "first and foremost, we must deliver Brexit" makes me think he's just another careerist with fuck-all regard for the country.  It's only three years since he voted Remain so what astonishing, position-changing facts has he come across during that time?  Answer: Nothing.  He's putting himself, his party or both ahead of what is best for the country.

That he's still the best of that abysmal bunch is scary stuff.  Johnson, Raab, Gove, Hunt, Leadsom or Stewart as our next Prime Minister trying to lead us into a hard Brexit and the abyss, that's what we've been reduced to.

Javid is a Brexiteer. The fact that he was on the Remain side was a massive surprise and illustrated him to be a massive opportunist. He would have felt that Remain would have won so didnt want to be on the outside looking in.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The Tory Party membership are never voting for a Muslim to be leader, no chance.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64

Javid isn’t the best of the bunch you mentioned. Stewart, notwithstanding his Old Etonian background, is by far the one from your list with the most rounded and interesting back story. He’s an achiever in a number of spheres and is capable of thinking outside the box. He’s not a hard Brexiter either - his position, as a Remainer, is that the Referendum result should be reluctantly honoured. I don’t believe honour comes into it, so disagree, but to paint him as a hard Brexit supporter is untrue.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Javid isn’t the best of the bunch you mentioned. Stewart, notwithstanding his Old Etonian background, is by far the one from your list with the most rounded and interesting back story. He’s an achiever in a number of spheres and is capable of thinking outside the box. He’s not a hard Brexiter either - his position, as a Remainer, is that the Referendum result should be reluctantly honoured. I don’t believe honour comes into it, so disagree, but to paint him as a hard Brexit supporter is untrue.
It is his excessive hand-wringing which I cannot stand. If the referendum was a monumentally bad idea (it was); if the outcome was unexpected (it was); if the vote was purely 'advisory' (it was); and if becomes clear that following through with the result of said referendum would be a catastrophe for the country (it has - long ago): fight to stop it (particularly if your instinct is to remain). It is not that hard. I would not wish to see someone so torn over this kind of decision as Prime Minister. Except, the alternatives all appear to be even worse. Incredible, really.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Updated the OP, Christopther 'Kit' "Malthouse Compromise" Malthouse has saddled up. It's time for a 'fresh new generation of young leadership' said the man born in the exact same month as David Cameron, 52. Apparently he told the S*n, so apologies, but it does mean none of you will know I've embellished the quote slightly (as it was re-reported from the Guardian).

On the subject of Stewart, it was notable that he was the minister most willing to go out and defend the Deal continuously, which points to that 'Party over everything' attitude that's not really helped us so far.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
They are all awful. How arrogant and self indulged are they to think they are the ones to save us from this mess? We are fucked.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I’m torn.

Gove is capable.  Do I want a capable leader? Probably best for the country??  He won’t get it though, the tories don’t like him either. Still, he’s no Johnson to be fair to him

I actually think he might. I think he has played a relatively canny game. He has kept his head below the parapet for the last 12 months or so. His critics within the party point at the fact that he has voted with the government on all the votes. His counter to that is that he is a proper cabinet minister who understands collective responsibility and loyalty (ha ha).

Out of the Hobson's Choice that there is, he is infinitely better than that fucking dick head Johnson.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
I'm genuinely surprised any of them are going for the job now. I know Ego is a powerful drug, but wanting to be PM at the minute is like seeing a bubbling chalice with a post it note on saying 'Don't drink me, I'm fucking poison' sat underneath a flickering neon light proclaiming a 'free poisoned drink available here' while a Mariachi band does Poison covers next to it and thinking "You know what, I'm thirsty".

No matter how smart, cunning, popular, charismatic and brave they think they are, the playboard is set up for colossal failure. Let's start with the obvious shit show of Brexit. This national wrist slit of a decision will dominate the political landscape for the next few years and with a General Election taking place in 2022 there is no chance of escaping its shadow in the run up to it. A Tory PM will have to navifate the mutant shark-with fricking lasers on their head-infested waters of trying to deliver the Brexit their looney base demands while forewarned with the knowledge that to do so might tank the economy so much that winning in 2022 anyway will be almost impossible anyway (Corbyn notwithstanding). The EU won't negotiate a new deal without a significant change in the landscape (and they don't see an internal Tory power shift as that) and the current deal is deader than A line flares with pockets in the knees. So they can either decide to serenely float to a no deal Brexit in which case the entire blame for the aftermath (Financial, social, Scottish/Irish "issues") will be on them which is never a position a good politician wants to be in or go for a second referendum which will tank their base for the GE in 2022 and give Frottage a huge 'look at me I'm relevant again' boner to thrust in the nation's already battered arsehole. They can't even turn to Parliament for help because the numbers still aren't there for a majority either way unless they risk going for a snap election to change the numbers board and risk being the shortest reigning PM in modern history.

Even away from the cluster-fuck of the obvious Brexit issues it's other shock waves will prevent the winner of this contest from being a passable PM let alone a good one. With Brexit dominating Parliament there's hardly been any time to go forward with other legislation and I can't see that changing until at the very least the Halloween deadline because of the urgency of it and also the summer recess taking up a huge chunk of that time. Even after the deadline, pending what happens, Brexit is going to dominate Parliamentary time. The country has so many things it needs to work on in terms of the NHS, well paying jobs, infrastructure, the economy, poverty and defence as well as the general finding our standing in a ever changing modern world but we can't work on them because so much of it is dependent of our relation with the EU and all the various laws and regulations that are intertwined in it. The winner can't put their own stamp on the country because they won't have the time before the mandatory election to do it.

What sort of narcissistic egomaniac would think they can solve one of these issues let alone all of them together?

The best leader the Tories currently have is the smart one who realises that the next Tory leadership contest is the one to go for and it probably won't be too far down the line one way or another.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία

Good post and I agree with your sentiment, but for a lot of them this is simply the only time they'll have the chance. Chaos being a ladder and all that... and maybe they think something will just turn up and sort it all out and they'll go down a hero. As for the more high profile ones like Gove, Boris etc, who could feasibly stand again, the question would always be - "Why weren't you brave enough last time?" (and Boris has already ducked one contest). I do reckon there are quite a few smart ones who aren't currently household names who do realise what you're saying and staying well clear.

Rory Stewart has been tweeting whilst wandering the streets of London today looking for anyone willing to talk to him about Brexit. Innovative.

James Cleverly apparently ready to enter the race as well, a campaign website has been unearthed, but I'll hold off adding the name to the list until he confirms tomorrow.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm just waiting for Chris Grayling to throw his hat into the ring.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan

He'd miss.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
BBC is going to be televising a series of hustings for this. Which is utterly bonkers. And also would seem to shaft Johnson by letting the others show him up. Swings and roundabouts.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
....or go for a second referendum which will tank their base for the GE in 2022 and give Frottage a huge 'look at me I'm relevant again' boner to thrust in the nation's already battered arsehole.

You get an A+ from me for painting such sordid pictures with mere words...lol

:D
YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
BBC is going to be televising a series of hustings for this. Which is utterly bonkers. And also would seem to shaft Johnson by letting the others show him up. Swings and roundabouts.

Bloody hell how would that work? Like a longer political party ad?

Why did the Tories agree to that?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan

Why the BBC? As you indicated, it is like an extended Party Political Broadcast.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

FT's Sebastian Payne:

BBC has announced its TV debates for the Conservative leadership contest:

- @maitlis will moderate a debate in mid-June with all candidates (!) in the race.

- Fiona Bruce will host Question Time special with the final two.

- @afneil will conduct 1-1 interviews final with two

(https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1133399956100980737)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Why the BBC? As you indicated, it is like an extended Party Political Broadcast.

I can see why the Beeb or any broadcaster would do it. For the Tories though with their old, privaleged, white membership the optics wouldnt be great.

Or maybe its operation capture the Brexit party votes in which case it will play great.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
FT's Sebastian Payne:

BBC has announced its TV debates for the Conservative leadership contest:

- @maitlis will moderate a debate in mid-June with all candidates (!) in the race.

- Fiona Bruce will host Question Time special with the final two.

- @afneil will conduct 1-1 interviews final with two

(https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1133399956100980737)

By the end of it everyone of them will be shown up for the twats they actually are.

If it’s Boris he’s just going to get crucified about the bus and it’s going to be very hard to wriggle out of that one.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He did thew threw it back at him.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They agreed because its their tame tv station, had Channel 4 come up with that it would not get off the ground.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Surprised Penny Mordaunt isn’t running. Pretty well thought of and a Brexit supporter, would think she ticks the boxes for the Tories. Seems to be enjoying it as Defence Secretary though so might be hoping to stay on side to keep that role.

It’s an uninspiring list. No idea how their core membership might vote but Gove would seem the pick of the bunch if he hasn’t burned bridges from two years ago

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
On the Channel 4 news it looks like Rory Stewart wants to use the citizens assembly to help with decision making on the Brexit policy.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite

The LES had a two page interview this evening with him and he talked about that. (Unsure if that indicates the LES/(Osborne is coming out for him.)

At least he seems to be doing a bit of thinking about how to get out of this mess and not simply posturing as a no-deal diehard.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
On the Channel 4 news it looks like Rory Stewart wants to use the citizens assembly to help with decision making on the Brexit policy.

He's also recommending everyone take a gap year to roleplay as Lawrence of Arabia. I mean, he's mad as badgers but there's some sense to it. Thing where compromise breaks down, and I get where he and eg Stella Creasy are coming from, is when people don't believe what's on offer is a compromise. Or, worse, don't believe they even need to. Kneel to Zod shit.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:00:37 pm by Zeb »

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan

An unsurprisingly shit idea from the flavour of the month of the moderates.