Author Topic: The LibDems are slightly less f*cked thread  (Read 33312 times)

Offline **Glenn**

• Kopite
    • My twitter
Re: The LibDems are f*cked thread
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 08:32:05 am »
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg is preparing for his first weekly radio phone-in as he attempts to reconnect with voters.

The Liberal Democrat leader will take calls from listeners to London's LBC 97.3 radio with presenter Nick Ferrari for half-an-hour every Thursday morning.

Listeners will be able to call, email, text or tweet Mr Clegg directly with questions.

"I'm doing this because I don't think politicians get to hear enough from people directly," Mr Clegg said.

"You can't do the right thing in government unless you keep in touch with how people are thinking and feeling."

Mr Clegg is hoping to woo supporters with the move but he may see a volley of tough questions in his first show - which comes a day after the Coalition admitted it had failed to deliver on 70 policy promises.

LBC 97.3 broadcasts in Greater London but is available online across the UK.

http://news.sky.com/story/1035901/nick-clegg-gears-up-for-weekly-radio-phone-in

This could he hilarious.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 08:51:33 am »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:04 am »
And they have that c*nt Kelvin Mackenzie on just before Clegg.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 09:49:51 am »
His first call.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhIuG7jhELg?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VhIuG7jhELg?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 11:14:31 am »
His first call.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhIuG7jhELg?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VhIuG7jhELg?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

What a turd! I am ashamed to have voted for this party. Where I live, Labour has never had a hope of winning anything - so I voted for the Liberals hoping to dilute the Tory stronghold here. We had a visit very recently from a Liberal councillor, a very pleasant man indeed. However, after listening to my rant, he admitted he was a Labour man before he moved over here, but like me, joining the Liberals was his only hope. This was why I was very interested in proportional representation.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »
Tut tut Lord Rennard.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2013, 03:36:10 am »
I dont believe a word about what they are saying about Lord Rennard!

Look at him, look at his big fat head, no way are the police going to find anything wrong with a bloke with a face and head like that.

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2013, 03:53:26 am »
At least he appeared to be into overage women. Which must be a bit of a novelty when it comes to politicians.

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2013, 03:06:30 pm »
The rent boy was talking on his weekly session at LBC this morning
and said that one reason the lord resigned was because of these
allegations, not just ill health.
BBC reporter said his story was twisting and turning like a snake every day
while backroom Lib-dems were trying to control the damage.
Another woman has come out with complaints about the
lord`s sexual misconduct.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2013, 05:25:00 pm »

He looks like a cross between Billy Bunter and Withnails Uncle Monty.   :)

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:16 pm »
Hahaha Cathy Newman ambushed Clegg on the radio.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2013, 12:55:26 pm »
I dont believe a word about what they are saying about Lord Rennard!

Look at him, look at his big fat head, no way are the police going to find anything wrong with a bloke with a face and head like that.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #92 on: March 3, 2013, 01:28:34 am »
More revelations in the sundays are the PM and the deputy PM dead men walking?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #93 on: March 8, 2013, 07:07:02 pm »
Libdems are self destructing, good you gang of fucking c*nts.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2014, 07:03:37 pm »
Bumping as it will likely be needed soon...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »
c*nts.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2014, 07:09:15 pm »
Interesting how their grab for a share of power has completely wiped any credibility that they may have had. I voted for them at the General Election, but like many, feel totally betrayed by them. They could have been a decent centre left alternative, but who trusts them now?

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2014, 08:15:24 pm »
Interesting how their grab for a share of power has completely wiped any credibility that they may have had. I voted for them at the General Election, but like many, feel totally betrayed by them. They could have been a decent centre left alternative, but who trusts them now?

Absolutely the same.....they would rather have their 5 years in the limelight and jump into bed with the Tories, instead of keep doing what they were doing, building their base, sticking to their values and principles and eventually being the biggest party and being a serious viable alternative and maybe even winning a majority vote in a general election and leading the country, as the ruling party.

They've now fucked themselves.

It's not even like they haven't done good....It's not even like at a local and grass roots level that they're any different than they were.... but they're tainted  they sold their souls and sold out those who voted for them.
They provided no vocal opposition and never publicly criticised the Tory c*nts around them.

Fuck you Nick Clegg.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:19:52 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2014, 08:31:39 pm »
Absolutely the same.....they would rather have their 5 years in the limelight and jump into bed with the Tories, instead of keep doing what they were doing, building their base, sticking to their values and principles and eventually being the biggest party and being a serious viable alternative and maybe even winning a majority vote in a general election and leading the country, as the ruling party.

Sorry, but there's no way the Lib Dems were ever going to replace Labour as the centre left mainstream party. Was never going to happen.

Of course they would have liked their first experience of government (for a few generations) to be partnering another centre left party rather than the Tories but that wasn't an option after the last election. The options were a coalition or a short-lived Tory minority, followed most likely by another election leading to a Tory majority.

They did what they did, and will pay for it tonight and in 12 months time. But for me, politics is about getting stuff done, and not just sitting in perpetual opposition sounding good and achieving nothing. Of course as a minority member of government, they've only had a minority say in governing. But at least that's more than they've had for almost a century.

Any centre-left/progressives gloating tonight about the Lib Dems losing lots of seats while a hideous, far-right mob like UKIP wins the election? Well, I just don't get that at all....

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2014, 09:25:17 pm »
If the Lib Dems had played it smart, from 2010 to 2015 they could have ended up with nearly 100 seats.  But Clegg, short termist that he is, opted for five years now and a hundred years repairing the damage.

Politicians are only interested in power.

Popcorn's Art

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2014, 09:54:01 pm »
If the Lib Dems had played it smart, from 2010 to 2015 they could have ended up with nearly 100 seats.  But Clegg, short termist that he is, opted for five years now and a hundred years repairing the damage.

Absolutely and basically what I was saying....the opted for short term, short lived 'success' instead of building and building.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2014, 09:55:54 pm »

Any centre-left/progressives gloating tonight about the Lib Dems losing lots of seats while a hideous, far-right mob like UKIP wins the election? Well, I just don't get that at all....

I didn't see anyone gloating....I see people feeling  frustrated and cheated at what the Lib-Dems did.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2014, 12:21:17 am »

I don't necessarily disagree that politicians are only interested in power but why is that a bad thing? Surely the main reason for getting into politics is to enact change? And the only real way of doing that is to get into government and get some of the policies you campaigned on enacted.

What's the point of having 100 seats in opposition when all you can do is make pretty speeches and complain about what a right wing government is doing?

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2014, 12:44:42 am »
I don't necessarily disagree that politicians are only interested in power but why is that a bad thing? Surely the main reason for getting into politics is to enact change? And the only real way of doing that is to get into government and get some of the policies you campaigned on enacted.

What's the point of having 100 seats in opposition when all you can do is make pretty speeches and complain about what a right wing government is doing?

The trouble with the Lib Dems is that they fought the last election on a platform which was in essence left of the Labour Party and ended up forming a coalition with the Tories (with quite a right wing agenda). If they (the Lib Dems) had campaigned with a more Conservative based agenda I probably wouldn't have voted for them in the first place.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2014, 12:55:05 am »
 UKIP getting such a high percentage of the vote is depressing as fuck. Seeing the slimey yellow twats wiped off the map is excellent, though. Hahahah, suck it Clegg.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2014, 01:02:43 am »
The trouble with the Lib Dems is that they fought the last election on a platform which was in essence left of the Labour Party and ended up forming a coalition with the Tories (with quite a right wing agenda). If they (the Lib Dems) had campaigned with a more Conservative based agenda I probably wouldn't have voted for them in the first place.

Not entirely sure I'd agree their platform was to the left of Labour, although given they fight a war on two fronts (against the Tories in the south and Labour in the cities/north) it's an understandable interpretation. A Liberal party should generally position themselves between a conservative and social democrat party. However the act of governing almost always forces parties towards the centre/compromise positions, which might explain how the Lib Dems could have seemed like a more left-wing alternative than Labour at the last election.

I certainly wouldn't defend the Lib Dems for all their actions in government but there's a limited amount any party can achieve when being the minority partner. They could/should have achieved and demanded more, perhaps a lack of experience in the end was evident (something we can all relate too).

Looks like they hung onto one seat in the south east. Glad my vote wasn't wasted. 3 progressive seats in such a politically delinquent region is almost encouraging.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2014, 01:12:11 am »
Let's face it, if people like me are voting for Rainman (Milliband) instead of Nick Clegg, then the Lib Dems need to take a bit of a hard look at themselves..

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2014, 01:21:14 am »
I've voted for them in three of the last five elections (local and national), as they were becoming a viable alternative 3rd party.

Not any more.  Back to the two party state.

Clegg is just seen as a Tory stooge, with no trust or credibility left.   They'll get a kicking for a long time at the polls, as he's put the party back at least a generation, if not 50 years.

Nobody trusts them any more. It's that simple.

He could of gotten in bed with the Tories and still held his credibility if he'd of stood by his principals and policies.  Once he rolled over to let Davey boy tickle his tummy, it was all over.

He caved in like a house of cards, and deserves everything that's coming to him and his party.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:22:45 am by Big Red Richie »

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2014, 01:22:52 am »
Not entirely sure I'd agree their platform was to the left of Labour, although given they fight a war on two fronts (against the Tories in the south and Labour in the cities/north) it's an understandable interpretation. A Liberal party should generally position themselves between a conservative and social democrat party. However the act of governing almost always forces parties towards the centre/compromise positions, which might explain how the Lib Dems could have seemed like a more left-wing alternative than Labour at the last election.

I certainly wouldn't defend the Lib Dems for all their actions in government but there's a limited amount any party can achieve when being the minority partner. They could/should have achieved and demanded more, perhaps a lack of experience in the end was evident (something we can all relate too).

Looks like they hung onto one seat in the south east. Glad my vote wasn't wasted. 3 progressive seats in such a politically delinquent region is almost encouraging.

It was nothing to do with a lack of experience. What experience did Cameron and Osborne have of government? No more than Clegg, Alexander and Cable. Of course the Lib Dems were going to have to make sacrifices but they have done nothing but prop up the Tories, defending values they inspired people to vote against in 2010. The Tories are scum but at least they're relatively honest about it. More than you can say of the Lib Dems.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2014, 02:06:51 am »
Posted this in the other but perhaps its better in here.

Despite the LibDem demolition job that's gone on, I find this inference that they 'should' or 'need to' change their stance on Europe really quite abhorrent.  I'm aware of the irony of attempting to give them a 'principle' leg to stand on but surely politics should be about seeking to represent your members rather than seeking to gain power by courting members?  It's the electoral system (okay, obviously not in tonight's case but more-so the prevalent mindset and what people are 'used to') that undermines members of (the) party(s) not the principles of the/a party.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2014, 11:46:58 am »

Politicians do not enact change.  Their whole purpose is to maintain the status quo.  Any "change" you see is nothing more than tinkering around the edges.

The last government to enact real change was Atlee's.  In five years he established the welfare state AND the NHS.  Could you see a modern party doing that??  They'd haven an eight year fucking consultation with half a dozen private companies that would cost about £5bn, then conclude the whole idea wasn't feasible.

Modern politics is nothing more than a back slapping gravy train.  I liken the politicians of today to the cowboy builders who knock on your door to say they've spotted a few loose roof tiles and for a hundred quid they can fix it for you... by the time it's done you've got a brand new leaky roof and owe out about five grand.

Politicians are not the solution to the problem.  They ARE the problem.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2014, 05:42:02 pm »
Politicians do not enact change.  Their whole purpose is to maintain the status quo.  Any "change" you see is nothing more than tinkering around the edges.

The last government to enact real change was Atlee's.

Thatcher didn't enact any real change, then?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »
Thatcher didn't enact any real change, then?

Well if you like it can be reasonably argued she's responsible for setting up the political gravy train in the first place.  So yes she instigated change - but no good ones.

Popcorn's Art

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jameshay

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
Nick Clegg lost nearly all credibility when he got into bed with the tories, and hasn't done much to win it back over the last few years. However I have to say he has stood up for what he believes today and stated how he and the party are still pro eu and won't succumb to populist pressure which is about at the moment.

Sadly too little too late, if he/they had stuck with their beliefs in the first place they wouldn't have been in power,  however they also wouldn't have been effectively gone as a credible electable party.

The guy looked like he had been out for a week on the news today. This time 5 years ago half the country wanted to have him around for tea and half of them wanted to have his children.

poetry in motion

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2014, 09:23:41 pm »
I voted Lib Dem in the last general election.  Never again.  IMO they will be ousted out of third place.  Maybe even by UKIP, which is a terrifying thought.
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2014, 09:39:08 pm »
I voted Lib Dem in the last general election.  Never again.  IMO they will be ousted out of third place.  Maybe even by UKIP, which is a terrifying thought.

It very much depends upon whether or not Clegg acts NOW.

They need to allow a new leader to take the big decisions

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2014, 09:59:12 pm »
Nick Clegg lost nearly all credibility when he got into bed with the tories, and hasn't done much to win it back over the last few years. However I have to say he has stood up for what he believes today and stated how he and the party are still pro eu and won't succumb to populist pressure which is about at the moment.

Sadly too little too late, if he/they had stuck with their beliefs in the first place they wouldn't have been in power,  however they also wouldn't have been effectively gone as a credible electable party.

The guy looked like he had been out for a week on the news today. This time 5 years ago half the country wanted to have him around for tea and half of them wanted to have his children.

The Lib Dems could have been genuine contenders for government in 20 years, but then of course Cleggy boy wouldn't have been in charge to reap the benefits.  He threw his party's long term future into the bonfire because HE wanted power NOW.

Popcorn's Art

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2014, 10:01:28 pm »
The Lib Dems could have been genuine contenders for government in 20 years, but then of course Cleggy boy wouldn't have been in charge to reap the benefits.  He threw his party's long term future into the bonfire because HE wanted power NOW.

This - except it would have been much quicker for them to gain power in their own right. The 2 main parties are imploding and lack direction that is what makes the greed of immediate power so dissapointing

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2014, 10:02:03 pm »
It very much depends upon whether or not Clegg acts NOW.

They need to allow a new leader to take the big decisions

Even acting now would be too little too late.  He could have acted a year or two ago, when austerity was really hitting people hard.  He would have got a lot of respect.  Well, at least more than he has got for just standing by.  I do agree that the tories would have done alot more had it not been a hung parliament, but fuck me, they have got away with alot as it is, that hung parliament or not, they shouldn't have.
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.