Author Topic: The LibDems are slightly less f*cked thread  (Read 33314 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The LibDems are f*cked thread
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2014, 05:59:07 pm »
Given they were already on the wane in Liverpool at a local level they pretty much face decimation now.  I imagine a lot of their Northwest strongholds will face similar treatment.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2014, 08:56:30 pm »
Probably true but plenty of areas in the country where people will hold there nose and vote them to keep the Tories  out.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2014, 05:17:51 pm »
Probably true but plenty of areas in the country where people will hold there nose and vote them to keep the Tories  out.

Mainly the West Country they used to anyway.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #163 on: July 7, 2014, 09:22:45 am »

Arrogant fucker Huhne showing that his own spell inside didn't really teach him any lessons.................perverting the course of justice undermines the entire system. c*nt.

Andy Coulson's pointless jail term only plays to the pitchforks
Our prison obsession is driven not by evidence that it works, but by a cruel, tabloid-fuelled schadenfreude in our nation's psyche

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/06/andy-coulson-jail-term-prison-obsession?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

The slowness of the Metropolitan police and the then director of public prosecutions, Keir Starmer, to prosecute over widespread voicemail hacking was feeble at best. Those prosecutions needed to happen, but that does not mean Andy Coulson or his journalist colleagues should now be in prison.

The custodial sentences are ridiculous; they serve no public purpose. The conviction itself will be the most severe part of Coulson's punishment. If he should make amends, it would surely have been better to work for a worthy cause than cost the taxpayer nearly £40,000 a year to bang him up. Community service or teaching adult literacy somehow seem right.

Coulson's sentence tells us more about the vindictive nature of our justice system – and of public opinion – than it does about his crimes. In a century, we will look back on today's penal practices with scarcely less surprise than the way we currently see, say, the 1723 Black Act, which introduced 50 new hanging offences, including one for "hiding in a forest while disguised".

The Old Testament injunction to take an eye for an eye, which today sounds so bloodthirsty, was in fact an appeal for proportion where death or dismemberment were meted out for trivial offences. As a reforming measure to the Black Act, petty thieves were later spared the gallows and transported to Australia instead.

Coulson was, for his four years as one of Rupert Murdoch's capi, a member of that informal legislative body which has more pernicious influence over public policy than any other, namely the committee of tabloid newspaper editors. He was utterly conventional, calling for tougher sentences and berating "holiday camp" prisons. His incarceration, if it makes his red top friends think twice, will have one small consolation.

The tabloids, though, merely mirror opinion. They make money by giving people what they want, however vile. Schadenfreude – the delight in others' misfortunes – is a common human emotion. The evidence of our criminal justice system, and our tabloids, suggests there is something in the British psyche that likes to see others suffer.

Are we much different today to the 30,000 people who gathered in 1849 to witness the public hanging of a husband and wife at Horsemonger Lane prison, Southwark? Charles Dickens, ever the reforming voyeur, wrote: "The horrors of the gibbet and of the crime which brought the wretched murderers to it faded in my mind before the atrocious bearing, looks, and language of the assembled spectators."

If your life is hard, seeing someone worse off than you appears horribly to lift the spirits. Prison is the new public execution, with the tabloids scrambling to take pictures of any imprisoned celebrity and to invent ludicrous stories about their humiliations inside (as I can testify from my own experience).

Of course, no substantial society has yet survived without prison. Locking up dangerous people makes society safer. But who? Given the gravity of his crimes, and the suffering of innocents, custody must be right for Rolf Harris. But surely not for Coulson and many others on short sentences.

The general proposition that more prison means less crime is suspect. Internationally, crime has fallen with falling prison populations, and has risen with rising ones. Reoffending following community sentences is lower than reoffending following a short prison sentence. Prison is a college for spreading best criminal practice. We should keep it for serious offences and serial offenders.

We are thankfully less punitive than the United States, which holds the world record for prisoners (relative to population). But at least in the US, as a country still motivated by Christian values, there is a willingness to forgive. What of former drug abuser, alcoholic and ne'er do well George W Bush? He found the Lord, so make him president.

In Britain, we have the punitive instincts of the Americans without the redeeming compassion. Given that 30% of English and Welsh men have a criminal conviction by the age of 40, this is both hardship and waste. England and Wales are the punishment champions of western Europe. We lock up 149 of every 100,000 people, compared with 103 in France and 78 in Germany. If we imprisoned as much as Sweden, we would have 35,000 prisoners not 85,684. This would save nearly £2bn a year, enough to fund better community sentences and probation.

It is not just a question of more imagination over short sentences. A life sentence now means 12-14 years in prison, not the previous nine. Yet people who kill inflamed by passion are usually tortured by remorse and rarely repeat their crime. Why not parole them early? There are also nearly 6,000 prisoners on indeterminate sentences dished out under Labour. If it was right to abolish such sentences in 2012, it is also right to accelerate parole for those sentenced as such in the past.

Half of Coulson's time will come off unless he reoffends. He is then likely to be on an electronic tag for half the remainder, so he will have served four and a half months of his 18 months. Still too long, but it would surely be better not to indulge in a pantomime of legally sanctioned lying about the length of sentences, always pounced on by the tabloids. By failing to confront our ghouls – and their tabloid harpies – we merely let them haunt us again.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

gqP6w

« Reply #164 on: July 7, 2014, 10:45:08 pm »
He's absolutely correct. Coulson, instead of doing time you have to write 10,000 times "I must not get caught hacking phones". When it's convenient for you of course Andrew that is. :-p

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2014, 09:45:21 am »
Cleggy withdraws LibDem support for the Bedroom Tax 10 months before an election.  Quelle surprise.  ::)

Popcorn's Art

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2014, 09:55:16 am »
Cleggy withdraws LibDem support for the Bedroom Tax 10 months before an election.  Quelle surprise.  ::)
They'll all be back-pedalling now.  A lot of the cuts are weighted to be lighter at the end of the ConDem term in office too so don't be surprised if a lot of 'boosts' show their face leading up to the election too.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Weby72.

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2014, 11:37:17 am »
Too late, Clegg, you opportunistic c*nt.

The warnings about this Bedroom Tax on the most vulnerable in society were there before this was even brought in, and you ignored them in your haste to toady up to your Tory masters, who are at least open about being mean-spirited shsyters focused on looking after their wealthy heartlands.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 5, 2014, 02:07:15 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29492370

If you're that disgusted with the Tories, Nick, then you know what you can do about it.

Only you wont, will you?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #169 on: October 5, 2014, 02:07:55 pm »
Fuck right off :lmao

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #170 on: October 5, 2014, 03:42:12 pm »
The moment the last election result was announced, the LibDems were presented with a choice between three forms of suicide. Yet they managed to make things even worse for themselves by playing such a piss poor hand over the intervening years. The pity of it is that we'll be stuck with Clegg for ever as Lord Clegg of No Man's Land or whatever.

In fact there's a little mini-competition - what should Cleggies lordly title be.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #171 on: October 6, 2014, 07:28:33 pm »
They are hilarious, talking about what they will do in another coalition.

Its just not going to happen, either Labour or the Tories will win a majority and they will be back out in the freezing cold, forever.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 6, 2014, 07:38:29 pm »
The moment the last election result was announced, the LibDems were presented with a choice between three forms of suicide. Yet they managed to make things even worse for themselves by playing such a piss poor hand over the intervening years. The pity of it is that we'll be stuck with Clegg for ever as Lord Clegg of No Man's Land or whatever.

In fact there's a little mini-competition - what should Cleggies lordly title be.

He will also be a euro commissioner , i doubt that he will even retain his seat in Sheffield.

they are now flashing their knickers at the Labour Party,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #173 on: October 6, 2014, 09:06:59 pm »
He will also be a euro commissioner
Oh yeah, I forgot. Remember at the last election when the pundits where telling us what an ace negotiator and euro wheeler-dealer he was. Yeah, I'd forgotten all about that - they seemed to cool off a bit about his negotiating skills since the tuition fees fiasco didn't they.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 6, 2014, 09:56:17 pm »
So the Lib Dems have finally turned on their masters.  Anyone would think there's an election coming up.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 8, 2014, 10:39:41 am »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 8, 2014, 07:18:29 pm »
his nose could at least have extended when he uttered that total piece of fiction, mind you if his speech was bad the party broadcast was a vomit inducing mess.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #177 on: October 8, 2014, 07:49:44 pm »
They really cant believe the shit he poured out today. If they do they are more fucked than they realise.

It will be hilarious while at the same time tragic if they get beaten into fourth by UKip. They totally deserve it though, one chance, they had one chance and they fucked it up every which way they could.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 9, 2015, 11:34:31 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2015, 06:54:01 pm »
The lib dems are so unpopular that I might vote for them....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2015, 11:03:25 pm »
The libdems need help with their selective Amnesia they cant remember anything during the last five years and are now hastily distancing themselves from all the policies they supported like the poodles they are .

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 4, 2015, 04:00:25 pm »
http://forgetoday.com/news/police-break-up-clegg-protest/

From the look of the skip Clegg's emptying his office.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 5, 2015, 08:40:16 pm »
In 2010, the LD's had 57 seats on 23% share of the vote.  They currently have six seats in the Northwest of England, with a further two seats in the West Midlands.  Seven seats are in London, and of course they have their traditional South West stronghold of 15 seats.

I think what may have slipped under the radar are their eleven seats in Scotland.  Here are the 2010 results for seats in order: Argyll; Berwickshire; Caithness; East Dunbartonshire;

Edinburgh West; NE Fife; Gordon; Inverness:

Lastly, as Orkney & Shetland and Ross, Skye & Lochaber are both ultra safe, here is the vote for Aberdeenshire West & Kincardine:

I'm sure you can work out the math for yourselves, but given the surge in SNP support, it is quite conceivable that Labour voters and LD defectors will switch to the SNP in any number of these seats.  Argyll, for example, although having the Tories placed second in 2010, could easily stay LD or switch to Labour OR SNP.  East Dunbartonshire is very vulnerable to Labour, whereas Edinburgh West could have the SNP going from fourth to first.  Aberdeenshire could actually go Tory.

There's seems to be a lot of vote splitting in these seats that enable the Lib Dems to dominate, but I expect that to change in this election.  Although I think Labour could pick up a couple of seats from the LD's, I reckon we're all expecting the left vote to largely consolidate itself behind the SNP.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/region_scotland/

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/libdemdefence/
« Last Edit: April 5, 2015, 10:22:26 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 5, 2015, 09:02:29 pm »
In 2010, the LD's had 57 seats on 23% share of the vote.  They currently have six seats in the Northwest of England, with a further two seats in the West Midlands.  Seven seats are in London, and of course they have their traditional South West stronghold of 15 seats.

I think what may have slipped under the radar are their eleven seats in Scotland.  Here are the 2010 results for seats in order: Argyll; Berwickshire; Caithness; East Dunbartonshire;

Edinburgh West; NE Fife; Gordon; Inverness:

Lastly, as Orkney & Shetland and Ross, Skye & Lochaber are both ultra safe, here is the vote for Aberdeenshire West & Kincardine:

I'm sure you can work out the math for yourselves, but given the surge in SNP support, it is quite conceivable that Labour voters and LD defectors will switch to the SNP in any number of these seats.  Argyll, for example, although having the Tories placed second in 2010, could easily stay LD or switch to Labour OR SNP.  East Dunbartonshire is very vulnerable to Labour, whereas Edinburgh West could have the SNP going from fourth to first.  Aberdeenshire could actually go Tory.

There's seems to be a lot of vote splitting in these seats that enable to Lib Dems to dominate, but I expect that to change in this election.  Although I think Labour could pick up a couple of seats from the LD's, I reckon where all expecting the left vote to largely consolidate itself behind the SNP.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/region_scotland/

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/libdemdefence/

The Lib Dems will keep Orkney & Shetland, as they have voted Liberal since the beginning of time and didn't even lose much support in the Holyrood election in 2011 when there vote everywhere else in Scotland collapsed. Apart from that, they might keep Ross, Skye & Lochaber due to the personal vote for Charles Kennedy, everywhere else they will lose.

Berwickshire is the interesting one because all 4 parties were within 13% of each other but Electoral Calculus has the SNP down as having a 57% chance of winning it.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2015, 09:07:06 pm by elmo_swatloski »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 5, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »

Berwickshire is the interesting one because all 4 parties were within 13% of each other but Electoral Calculus has the SNP down as having a 57% chance of winning it.

You sure you're referring to Berwickshire?  That's the one with the LD's on 45% and the Tories on 34%; the other two parties barely figure on 10% Labour and 9% SNP.  You'd need a huge collapse in the LD vote to give the SNP even a sniff of the seat.  More likely the vote would split and allow the Tories to nab it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: April 5, 2015, 10:36:27 pm »
You sure you're referring to Berwickshire?  That's the one with the LD's on 45% and the Tories on 34%; the other two parties barely figure on 10% Labour and 9% SNP.  You'd need a huge collapse in the LD vote to give the SNP even a sniff of the seat.  More likely the vote would split and allow the Tories to nab it.

Sorry you're right,  I had it in my head that Berwickshire was the close one and then consequently rushed looking back at your graphs.  :-[

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 5, 2015, 10:41:24 pm »
Sorry you're right,  I had it in my head that Berwickshire was the close one and then consequently rushed looking back at your graphs.  :-[

No worries.  You're point is likely still valid for which ever graph you're referring to.  I'm guessing Gordon (second row, third across) - seems to suit your conjecture.  :wave

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 5, 2015, 10:41:47 pm »
No worries.  You're point is likely still valid for which ever graph you're referring to.  I'm guessing Gordon (second row, third across) - seems to suit your conjecture.  :wave

Argyll, if the Unionist parties got their act together and voted tactically like some of their members have tried to organise, they could beat the SNP there.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 5, 2015, 10:56:25 pm »
Argyll, if the Unionist parties got their act together and voted tactically like some of their members have tried to organise, they could beat the SNP there.

That's a tough call.  You'd need the Tories and Labour to cooperate to get the Lib Dem out and not let the SNP in by the back door.  Personally I think it's more likely Labour and LD voters would defect to the SNP in that seat, but I'm not acquainted with the ins and outs on the ground.

Referring back to Gordon, it's interesting to note the current Lib Dem deputy leader, Malcolm Bruce, has held the seat since 1983 with a consistently healthy majority.  But he's standing down in this election and the SNP candidate is none other than Alex Salmond, so the SNP are clearly targeting this seat and think they can get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_%28UK_Parliament_constituency%29
« Last Edit: April 5, 2015, 10:58:12 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 5, 2015, 11:00:39 pm »
That's a tough call.  You'd need the Tories and Labour to cooperate to get the Lib Dem out and not let the SNP in by the back door.  Personally I think it's more likely Labour and LD voters would defect to the SNP in that seat, but I'm not acquainted with the ins and outs on the ground.

Referring back to Gordon, it's interesting to note the current Lib Dem deputy leader Malcolm Bruce, has held the seat since 1983 with a consistently healthy majority.  But he's standing down in this election and the SNP candidate is none other than Alex Salmond, so the SNP are clearly targeting this seat and think they can get it.

They are odds on favourites.  The Lib Dems were fucked even without Bruce standing down and their candidate, Christine Jardine doesn't exactly have a strong record in previous elections (she's stood in the Euro's and by-elections).  Gordon is Salmond's territory, it is where his Holyrood constituency is and has a huge personal following (I live a few miles from the Gordon constituency border).

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 5, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »
They are odds on favourites.  The Lib Dems were fucked even without Bruce standing down and their candidate, Christine Jardine doesn't exactly have a strong record in previous elections (she's stood in the Euro's and by-elections).  Gordon is Salmond's territory, it is where his Holyrood constituency is and has a huge personal following (I live a few miles from the Gordon constituency border).

I really nailed the title for this thread, didn't I?  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 5, 2015, 11:09:57 pm »
I really nailed the title for this thread, didn't I?  ;D

Pretty much  ;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 6, 2015, 09:34:06 pm »
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32194785

This cure for Amnesia with  Libdems in Government is impressive.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 6, 2015, 10:12:43 pm »
Just been eyeing up their six seats in the Northwest:

Burnley - reckon this could go back to Labour.
Cheadle - Tories could take this, but UKIP might split their vote.
Hazel Grove - will probably stay Lib Dem.
Withington - taken by the Lib Dems in 2005 with the help of the student vote opposing the Iraq invasion, I'd say this seat will definitely go back to Labour.
Southport - Voters moving away from the Lib-Dems could allow the Tories in, but there's a UKIP presence that could deny them.
Westmorland & Lonsdale - a Tory seat up until 2005 but currently counted as a safe Lib Dem seat.  Would need a big swing to topple them but there's currently not much recorded in the way of UKIP support.

So, at a guess, Labour and Tories gain two each, leaving the LD's with just two.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2015, 06:30:50 pm »
Today Nick Clegg said his party would be the "heart" of  Tory led coalition or the "brains" of a Labour led coalition.

How about they try growing a spine for their own benefit?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2015, 06:32:43 pm »
Vote Labour!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2015, 06:38:51 pm »
Vote Labour!

The Tories are trying to encourage tactical voting in Sheffield Hallam to keep Clegg in a job.

In other, very interesting news, the Lib Dems are facing a potential wipe out in their traditional South-Western enclave:

That's 14 seats at risk, and I'm guessing the Tories stand to gain the lion's share of them.  :-\

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:25 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/15/nick-clegg-kansas-battersea-lib-dem-manifesto-general-electiion-2015

The awkward problem with Lib Dem manifestos, given recent experience, is that they are manifestly flawed. To read them is to wonder idly: If Nick Clegg were to reprise his role of love interest in a hung parliament, which one of these policies would be first up against the wall?

Only this morning Clegg had been declaring that his five manifesto pledges would assume “a near-religious status” for his party, so the form book suggests there’s a deicide in the offing. Look, no one wants to be a downer on manifesto launch day. But even in the best case scenario, one of these policies would be driven to a remote forest location by some psychopathic coalition senior partner, then made to dig its own grave with a Lib Dem campaign pen.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2015, 12:02:38 am »
Clegg makes my skin crawl. He truly is one of the most duplicitous characters in recent British political history, up there with Blair and Johnson in terms of his shameless lies. He stood on a stage today and blamed the Labour Party for crashing the economy through profligate spending before pinning the crash on the bankers. Which one is it, Nick? The one you know to be true or the one which is politically expedient? He then claims he'll add "a heart" to a Tory government. The cheek of that claim is just astonishing given he's been sat in government with the Tories for the past five years and acted as their little helper whilst they smashed the poorest in society into oblivion. This is a man who has sat on the front bench at PMQ's and nodded along as Cameron defended the bedroom tax. The fucking bedroom tax! This government took a woman to court over that particular policy. She'd had her benefits docked because her council house contained a panic room. It was there in case she needed to hide from her ex partner who had beaten and sexually assaulted her. And Nick Clegg has the fucking audacity to stand there and claim he's been the "heart" of this government when they do things like that? Well I'm sorry but any "heart" this government has is firmly of the Thatcherite variety; shrivelled, black and empty.

Perhaps the most infuriating claim I've seen him make is that the coalition hasn't been right wing. Tax cuts for the biggest corporations and the wealthiest individuals, arbitrary benefit sanctions for the weakest and most vulnerable members of society, foreign follies in Libya (and Syria had he had his way), the regressive increase of VAT, the privatisation of state utilities at shamefully low prices (orchestrated by Cable). Yet the fucking snake sits there and calls himself a centrist? Fuck off.

Horrible, lying, backstabbing, Tory-enabling fucking weasel of a man. I hope he loses his seat so I never have to look at his pathetic face ever again.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2015, 09:42:13 am »
With his record, the £12bn welfare cuts Clegg has vowed to block the Tories from making will probably turn into him voting for £15bn in welfare cuts.

Popcorn's Art