Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool  (Read 41714 times)

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2020, 09:30:21 pm »
Christ that was fucking dull!  ;D

Don't think either side played particularly well but a bit of rust is to be expected.

We really missed Robbo tonight and Trent looked like he wasn't working particularly well with Minamino. It was nice to see Takumi get a start though.

Not a loss, still on course for best PL finish ever.

Up the fucking reds!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #361 on: June 21, 2020, 09:31:11 pm »
He was bright but lacked quality when on the ball. Not really sure what his best position is.

To be fair, most of our attacking players were the same. Only to be expected first game back the hard work starts from now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2020, 09:31:28 pm »
Draw is fine I think. These 3 gamers are the hardest run on paper, so a 0-0 away to Everton is fine. Anything against palace and Liverpool can head to City with the league title on the line.

Thought Keita, VVD and henderson performed best. Perhaps encouraging that the midfield has so many options.

One thing the game showed was the need for a player like Werner or Havertz to come in, to give some options off the bench.

At the back I hope this is the last season for Lovren, I think his goose is cooked.

3 players needed in the summer, imo: A pacey forward, LB cover, A CB replacement for Lovren.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: June 21, 2020, 09:32:04 pm »
Needed 0.667 ppg before the game, need 0.625 now. That is all.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: June 21, 2020, 09:32:07 pm »
I wouldn't be so sure of that. It would appear we don't have any money to spend and we've no kids to play at CB, so I think he could stay.

Do the club rate Nat Phillips? If not I guess he stays as Matip and Gomez are too injury prone.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2020, 09:32:12 pm »
Minamino done nothing again and Ox had that little run at the end for Fabinho’s free kick. Other than that they were both pretty anonymous.

Think Minamino skillset wasn't suited the role and position out there today. Can't fault his effort. Same with Chamberlain, he really struggles when playing outwide. He comes to life in the centre of the pitch.

Outside Salah and Mane, we have no players who comfortable play those roles.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2020, 09:32:18 pm »
To be fair, most of our attacking players were the same. Only to be expected first game back the hard work starts from now.

Yes thats true. I still dont know where Minamino fits in though and I wonder if he is a player we just picked up due to his price and promise rather than a player we really wanted.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #367 on: June 21, 2020, 09:32:51 pm »
Do the club rate Nat Phillips? If not I guess he stays as Matip and Gomez are too injury prone.

If he's going on loan to a second division German side I would say no to be honest.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #368 on: June 21, 2020, 09:32:51 pm »
He did nothing? Must have been watching a different game. He was everywhere the first half trying to link play. Kept things tidy and was quite imaginative so I think you’re being harsh.

All of the players bar our bearded wonder were rusty. That’s to be expected.

Humph! Tidy you say? Did you see the state of his hair? He wasn't alone mind. Fucking disgraceful from some of our "lads" (big girls more like) today.

Don't even get me started on beards...

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 21, 2020, 09:33:02 pm »
Yes thats true. I still dont know where Minamino fits in though and I wonder if he is a player we just picked up due to his price and promise rather than a player we really wanted.

I see him a back up to Firmino, with two pacey direct attackers either side of him.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2020, 09:33:04 pm »
Carlo’s eyebrow seems to have chilled over the last few months. Oh and he realises a draw is a fair result. Chew on that blues (especially after what Brands said :lmao )

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2020, 09:33:23 pm »
Take a point and move on. Be class if we get to win it at City to be fair!

Thought the subs were poor today - I’d have replaced Fabinho if bringing Gini on, Keita was playing well and offered something different against their turgid bus parking shite.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2020, 09:33:30 pm »
Yep. Think he, and a few other prominent players, have been quite closely involved in dodgy politics for a while? Don’t imagine he’ll be with us next year regardless mind

The Brazilians and Bolsonaro. Salah/Kadyrov, and his far right agent. Now Lovren and this.

Odd, as this is probably the most diverse, and certainly one of the closest dressing rooms we’ve had in years.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2020, 09:33:51 pm »
Anything against palace and Liverpool can head to City with the league title on the line.

We could lose 10-0 to palace and we’d be going to city with the title on the line. Two wins needed unless it’s against city in which case one

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2020, 09:34:42 pm »

Klopp does seem to rate him and they were all raving about him in the training before. I feel sure he will come good, think he played more centrally for Red Bull.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2020, 09:34:54 pm »
We could lose 10-0 to palace and we’d be going to city with the title on the line. Two wins needed unless it’s against city in which case one
Oh yeah! 5 points needed
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2020, 09:35:22 pm »
The Brazilians and Bolsonaro. Salah/Kadyrov, and his far right agent. Now Lovren and this.

Odd, as this is probably the most diverse, and certainly one of the closest dressing rooms we’ve had in years.

They are close as a side. Clearly many of them have dodgy views but really should we care?

We want a winning side. Not a bunch of nice people.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2020, 09:36:00 pm »
Doesn't matter, he won't be here next season.

Why wont Lovren be here? He has a year left and is on very good money and post-covid i dont think another club would match that kind of money plus give him a multi year deal. We need 4 top class CBs and i think we should keep him to the end of his contract and then hopefully Hoever will be ready to step up or if not we will go big in the market for another CB. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2020, 09:36:19 pm »

Thought the subs were poor today - I’d have replaced Fabinho if bringing Gini on, Keita was playing well and offered something different against their turgid bus parking shite.

We don't know about the fitness levels of the players though. This could have been based on their levels before hand, this is only the first game back remember.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2020, 09:36:56 pm »
They are close as a side. Clearly many of them have dodgy views but really should we care?

I’d take a side full of utter shithouses. Robertson is a proper shithouse on the pitch sometimes for example. Not entirely sure how comfortable I am having players who spread far right conspiracy theories.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:04 pm »

Could have maybe gone 3 at the back with Fabinho dropping back and allowing Mo to come on and Ox to drop into midfield, given what the alternative was. Joe not ideal at full back anyway in our system and we were getting no joy out wide.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:35 pm »
Why wont Lovren be here? He has a year left and is on very good money and post-covid i dont think another club would match that kind of money plus give him a multi year deal. We need 4 top class CBs and i think we should keep him to the end of his contract and then hopefully Hoever will be ready to step up or if not we will go big in the market for another CB.

Who're we buying then?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:39 pm »
Carra muttering “lovren, how bad is he” summed up his first five minutes on the pitch

That said, coming into the game at CB is tricky. He does play with a view of winning every ball which gets him into bother from time to time

Carra’s becoming a pain in the ass. You can take the boy out of Everton...

It’s one thing attempting to be as neutral as possible given his SKY role, but he always takes it beyond that.

Lovren wasn’t at the races - neither was Gini. I thought Matip was exceptional and I hope his injury is nothing serious. Minimi looks like it’s going to be a while before he’s up to speed. Naby was excellent - he Hendo and Mane were the only Liverpool players who looked match sharp, along with Matip.

Overall the break was more disadvantageous to us than them - because we rely far more on rhythm. All the changes didn’t help, but I understand that was tactical given the upcoming programme. The days of fielding the same 11 and just tweaking it are over given the circumstances.

We’ll win the title at some point, when is unimportant. Let’s just relax and see which players actually see it through over the next few weeks.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:42 pm »
I don't know what's more disturbing, Lovrens performance or what he likes on Twitter

I’ve just had a look. An Anti-Semitic post is the latest... ffs.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:47 pm »

If you think Lovren is here next season, I've got a bridge I can sell to you in San Francisco.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:50 pm »
He was bright but lacked quality when on the ball. Not really sure what his best position is.

I wonder if he is a player we picked up because of the opportunity to sign him rather than a player we really wanted or needed.

To me it’s a clever signing in a way. Get him dirt cheap so if it doesn’t work out we’ll make a profit if we sell and he opens up a market for Japanese fans.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2020, 09:37:53 pm »
Draw v palace draw v city would leave us needing 1pt
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 21, 2020, 09:38:10 pm »
Yes they’ve had an extra game, but they also have one day less break after a trip to Stamford Bridge than we do after a game at home to Palace so let’s not play too hard done by there...

They also have an FA cup game on Sunday against Newcastle at St James’ Park which is between the Chelsea game and against us. We’ll have had a weeks rest after getting our eye in this week, they’ll have played twice.

I can hear Guardiola’s whining in his pre match press conference already.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #388 on: June 21, 2020, 09:38:12 pm »
Good point, we were more than understandably off rhythm

Alisson MOTM but special shout for Joel Matip, who was outstanding - hope he recovers fine.

Bogey side Palace next. Let's go
The change is cast

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #389 on: June 21, 2020, 09:38:27 pm »

And that's why he won't be here. He isn't anywhere near a top class CB and has been linked with a move away for at least two seasons now.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2020, 09:38:33 pm »

Thought he played better than Ox.

It is a game of nothingness today.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2020, 09:39:12 pm »
Think Minamino skillset wasn't suited the role and position out there today. Can't fault his effort. Same with Chamberlain, he really struggles when playing outwide. He comes to life in the centre of the pitch.

Outside Salah and Mane, we have no players who comfortable play those roles.
Such square pegs in round holes - it drives me fucking mad
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2020, 09:39:37 pm »
I’d take a side full of utter shithouses. Robertson is a proper shithouse on the pitch sometimes for example. Not entirely sure how comfortable I am having players who spread far right conspiracy theories.

I wouldnt like the best goalkeeper to be a voter/supporter of a far right, facist. But hey, what are you gonna do? We are not their friends and family. They are literally footballers who will play here and leave in several years.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2020, 09:40:03 pm »
He did nothing? Must have been watching a different game. He was everywhere the first half trying to link play. Kept things tidy and was quite imaginative so I think you’re being harsh.

All of the players bar our bearded wonder were rusty. That’s to be expected.
Agree with you - didn't do a bad impression of Salah's energy at all - just a step behind at times but that is to be expected.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2020, 09:40:10 pm »
Could have maybe gone 3 at the back with Fabinho dropping back and allowing Mo to come on and Ox to drop into midfield, given what the alternative was. Joe not ideal at full back anyway in our system and we were getting no joy out wide.

Don't understand the obsession for bringing Mo on tonight. He's had a knock, Mane was getting kicked to pieces and people want to risk Mo as well. It's better that he plays on Wednesday night.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2020, 09:40:25 pm »

Erm, if we were to apply that same principle to every day life - we’d be living in an absolutely fucked society. So yes, I certainly care.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2020, 09:40:36 pm »
On another note, I think Bobby set a record for the amount of times he passed the ball with his chest :D

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #397 on: June 21, 2020, 09:40:48 pm »
Can we still win it on Wednesday of City draw tommorow?

dont do it to yourself pal

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: June 21, 2020, 09:41:35 pm »
To me it’s a clever signing in a way. Get him dirt cheap so if it doesn’t work out we’ll make a profit if we sell and he opens up a market for Japanese fans.

Yes he very well could be but I dont know if he was signed to solve a particular weakness. Could just be an opportunistic signing.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #399 on: June 21, 2020, 09:42:10 pm »
Don't understand the obsession for bringing Mo on tonight. He's had a knock, Mane was getting kicked to pieces and people want to risk Mo as well. It's better that he plays on Wednesday night.

He shouldn't have been on the bench then.

He was ready to come on.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season