Author Topic: Supporting Jurgen Klopp and the team through this injury ravaged season  (Read 65767 times)

Offline BJ

• IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Supporting Jurgen Klopp and the team through this injury ravaged season
« Reply #520 on: March 16, 2021, 03:42:58 pm »
StigenKeegan what a heartwarming, uplifting post that is. Thank you for taking the time to write it.  We are all in this together and reading something like that helps remind us.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #521 on: March 21, 2021, 01:09:45 am »
Posting  Homo Rubrum's very pertinent post from the Anfield Wrap thread.

:)

Just dug up my RAWK username after listening to the elucidating recovery series on United and City because I feel compelled to post this (cheers, RAWK, but I don’t feel I have anything to add, as a less articulate and knowledgeable poster interested chiefly in nuance only serves to clog the threads).

I understand that the point of these shows isn’t to ‘win’ the debate, and they are there to get outside perspective, so John letting the guests talk is the whole raisin deter, but for fucks sake, can I get a quick edited insert of “and Gomez, and Matip, who are better suited to our system than all the other CB’s in the league” put in every time one of them boils down our injury situation to just van Dijk being out.  Laporte is self-evidently less key to a league winning team than the both of them, for example. It’s comparing three apples to one pear, then having the dickhead with a decent pear recipe trying  to tell us why the pie turned to ash in our mouths.

Not in a petty way, and I appreciate reducing the conversation to this doesn’t make your whole talking-about-the-footy jobs easier, but I genuinely believe not mentioning the catastrophic and as far as I know unprecedented injury crisis we’ve got at center back as a caveat in every conversation makes them borderline pointless. Like discussing how a sprinter with a broken leg should approach the rest of her career without mentioning that a healed leg may be relevant.

And this extends to every other show. Every time someone *cough Rob Guttman* (only messing mate) throws the baby out with the bath water, I really think it’s important that someone else tells them that that baby has a broken leg, and the bath water was pissed in by the same cold, unfeeling universe that has taken everything else good about life away from us over the last 14 months.

I’m absolutely interested in potential tweaks to our system, and examples from history, or I’d have swerved the episodes, but to not discuss the fact that the whole of our central defense has been injured for much of the season is just more than I can handle.

Cheers, keep up the good work, and the post match AFQ’s are helping me through some really hard personal stuff, can’t thank you enough for the catharsis.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #522 on: March 23, 2021, 02:43:52 pm »
Initially, the hope is that 10,000 fans will be able to attend the final fixture of this season on 23rd May. The logistics for the match are still being worked on and health considerations will be critical to our planning, just as they were when much smaller crowds were allowed during the winter. The safety of all our fans, staff and players has and always will remain our main priority.

- Billy Hogan
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #523 on: March 23, 2021, 05:08:51 pm »
Initially, the hope is that 10,000 fans will be able to attend the final fixture of this season on 23rd May. The logistics for the match are still being worked on and health considerations will be critical to our planning, just as they were when much smaller crowds were allowed during the winter. The safety of all our fans, staff and players has and always will remain our main priority.

- Billy Hogan
That would be great if its possible. They should open up all the corporate areas for free to some local NHS workers - the full VIP treatment.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline BJ

• IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #524 on: March 26, 2021, 02:49:39 pm »
That would be great if its possible. They should open up all the corporate areas for free to some local NHS workers - the full VIP treatment.
Great idea. 

I’ve been watching old games on YouTube and it seems very surreal and like a completely different game with fans in.  10,000 should produce a decent atmosphere, we, more than any other team have missed that.  Players and fans need it to reenergise.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #525 on: March 26, 2021, 05:09:05 pm »
Great idea. 

I’ve been watching old games on YouTube and it seems very surreal and like a completely different game with fans in.  10,000 should produce a decent atmosphere, we, more than any other team have missed that.  Players and fans need it to reenergise.

Yeah BJ and judging by the din made by the 2,000 in those few games last autumn, it should be bedlam with 10,000!!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: March 28, 2021, 05:24:42 pm »
Klopp may leave in 2024. This season is akin to a waste of 1 of his remaining four year after winning the title. It's mainly due to circumstances beyond everyone's control.

The owners have to back him and back him to the hilt.

Given that he may 3 years left, he may prioritize players gor the now to have a good chance of winning more titles.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #527 on: March 28, 2021, 11:12:07 pm »

My Liverpool story.

Absolutely brilliant read my friend. I used to be quite guarded about supporting Liverpool. Thought it was just for 'us'. That went as I journeyed around meeting fellow reds on my travels. Now, it's a source of great pride for me to know our club touches the lives of many people, in many ways, in many parts of the World. Your remarkable post confirms that. This thread confirms that. This is 'our' club and we love the fucking bones of it.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: April 4, 2021, 07:15:26 am »
We've picked ourselves up off the canvas after being counted out several times already this season. We're now in with a top 4 chance and have momentum to carry into the Real Madrid game.

Credit to Jurgen and these players for digging deep and keeping up the fight. Regardless of what happens for the rest of this season, I'm so proud of this team and manager, and can't wait to show my appreciation from the stands.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: April 7, 2021, 08:21:04 am »
Plenty of toys being chucked around in the post match and Keita threads. Plenty of hindsight posts too, we really are blessed to have so many tactically astute fans who see the game so much more clearly than Jurgen and the coaching team, but only usually after it’s happened.

It seems that a few rugby results and coronation st storylines were enough for some to overlook what’s actually happened to us this season and assume another European Cup would appear before our eyes. It’s nice to dream, but this is professional sport and the others want to win too.

It looks like Madrid rolled the clock back and played well, but don’t underestimate the advantage of playing on their training ground gave them, or the fact that the ref bought their shithousery every time.

I’ve no idea what will happen in the second leg, but there’s still life in this. I’m proud of how we have reacted to some of the worst luck in living memory and have no doubt that we will come back better next season. Let’s just make life as uncomfortable as possible for these next week.

Online Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #530 on: April 7, 2021, 04:48:36 pm »
Some of the posts in the post match thread are, well....bizarre and unwarranted. Yes, it wasn't the best of displays by us and the result not ideal - but, we've turned worse results around. If we'd kept it to 2-1, they'd have been raving about it in the post match thread - as it is, in the return leg, if we score first and early it'll put doubts in the minds of the Madrid players, and give ours a huge boost.......so, it's not over by any means ! It'll be difficult with no fans inside Anfield - but, the players will know we'll be cheering them on remotely !

It was also noticeable how small that training pitch was - something no doubt they are very used to playing on. Several times I noticed they employed the long ball tactic, some cleared easily by our cb's, but some virtually put their players on the edge of our box immediately and in dangerous positions - conversely, our long balls often ended up way too long and running out of play....which would normally, on a standard sized pitch be placed spot on. Not saying some weren't just over-hit - but, I think the pitch size definitely favoured them......and it seemed overwatered too, with some of our players slipping several times.

Also, another game where the ref made key decisions, going for or against both teams. But, the decision not to award the foul on Mané literally seconds before they scored the second goal, was unbelievable - like pushed in the back with both arms ffs ! VAR apparently checked it too  ::)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #531 on: April 7, 2021, 06:10:39 pm »
We just have to give it a go, maybe RM will regret not finishing us off completely. Either way, let's see what happens it will be an experience for the young lads and something they can use to learn from.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2021, 11:33:54 am »
Just giving this thread a timely bump after our third league win in a row and a much needed home result.

As we approach the final straight, it's always worth remembering just how ripped apart this team has been over the last 7 months in terms of injuries and bad luck. It's also worth remembering not to make snap judgments on players, the manager, results, or decisions which can make you look stupid in a matter of weeks.

Perhaps Werner wasn't the right player for us, and clearly Jota wasn't the unknown gamble some thought he was. Phillips isn't a pub player after all, but an aerially dominant traditional CB that has left many fans and pundits pleasantly surprised. Perhaps Salah isn't past his best or on the verge of leaving, as he approaches another golden boot plus a better league goals return than least season, and edges closer to our top 10 strikers of all time. Perhaps Kabak isn't 'an accident waiting to happen', but is a promising young player who just needed the time, confidence and rhythm to settle in a new team, new country and new league. Perhaps we haven't turned shit overnight, and the physical and psychological challenges of the last 3 season plus a truck running over our squad have taken their toll far more than anyone realised.

We're still in with a shout of snatching top 4 and despite the 2 goal deficit to Real, we've got a bit of history in making comebacks in Europe against the odds. In a year where the world went to shit along with our title challenge, hopefully we'll come back stronger next season and fans will see this season for what it is - a collection of misfortunes and circumstances that we'll never see again in our lifetimes.

Despite the results, we've seen glimpses of how good this team is, even as recently as the 3-0 at Arsenal. We're not a spent force, past our best, or in need of major surgery. We're in need of stability, consistency, and form - all of which comes from a fully fit squad and a stable first 11 - no matter what league you're in. Without our injuries we retain the title this year - I'm certain of that, even though we'll never know.

Imagine a fully fit squad in August, walking out to a roaring Anfield crowd with Jurgen's beaming smile lighting up the Kop, and the boost this will give the fans, players and manager. Imagine the first YNWA, and the complete bedlam in the stands when we score our first goal (especially a last minute winner like yesterday). Imagine Linda in that red dress and with that smile. Imagine players like Thiago, Jota, Phillips and Kabak getting their first taste of what its like to be fully appreciated as a Liverpool player. Imagine Virgil, Gomez, Matip, and Henderson back in the squad, plus whoever we bring in over the summer.

I've been genuinely saddened by some on here this season, where instead of solidarity, perspective and patience, we've seen anger, indifference and criticism of everyone from Jurgen to Trent to Salah to FSG. With fans like these, who needs enemies? Perhaps it's a sign of the way the world is heading, with entitlement and short term success seemingly the goal in life instead of appreciating the journey and the wisdom it brings. I know it's a cliched quote, but Shankly was right when he said if you can't support us when we draw or lose, then please fuck off ya wee pricks (or something like that).

I genuinely believe we'll be title challengers again next season, and we'll channel all the frustrations of injuries, no fans, VAR, and Covid into blowing this league apart again. We have the best and most loveable manager in world football and a collection of some of the best players. We have an historic stadium that is revered the world over and still expanding, allowing more fans to see the games whilst generating more money to invest on and off the pitch. We have a new training complex bringing the academy and 1st team even closer. We have astute owners that protect our future instead of allowing balance sheets to edge closer to bankruptcy.

We are really rather lucky fans, and some people will never get any of this with their own club in their entire lifetime.

Enjoy it.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2021, 11:50:48 am »
Just giving this thread a timely bump after our third league win in a row and a much needed home result.

As we approach the final straight, it's always worth remembering just how ripped apart this team has been over the last 7 months in terms of injuries and bad luck. It's also worth remembering not to make snap judgments on players, the manager, results, or decisions which can make you look stupid in a matter of weeks.

Perhaps Werner wasn't the right player for us, and clearly Jota wasn't the unknown gamble some thought he was. Phillips isn't a pub player after all, but an aerially dominant traditional CB that has left many fans and pundits pleasantly surprised. Perhaps Salah isn't past his best or on the verge of leaving, as he approaches another golden boot plus a better league goals return than least season, and edges closer to our top 10 strikers of all time. Perhaps Kabak isn't 'an accident waiting to happen', but is a promising young player who just needed the time, confidence and rhythm to settle in a new team, new country and new league. Perhaps we haven't turned shit overnight, and the physical and psychological challenges of the last 3 season plus a truck running over our squad have taken their toll far more than anyone realised.

We're still in with a shout of snatching top 4 and despite the 2 goal deficit to Real, we've got a bit of history in making comebacks in Europe against the odds. In a year where the world went to shit along with our title challenge, hopefully we'll come back stronger next season and fans will see this season for what it is - a collection of misfortunes and circumstances that we'll never see again in our lifetimes.

Despite the results, we've seen glimpses of how good this team is, even as recently as the 3-0 at Arsenal. We're not a spent force, past our best, or in need of major surgery. We're in need of stability, consistency, and form - all of which comes from a fully fit squad and a stable first 11 - no matter what league you're in. Without our injuries we retain the title this year - I'm certain of that, even though we'll never know.

Imagine a fully fit squad in August, walking out to a roaring Anfield crowd with Jurgen's beaming smile lighting up the Kop, and the boost this will give the fans, players and manager. Imagine the first YNWA, and the complete bedlam in the stands when we score our first goal (especially a last minute winner like yesterday). Imagine Linda in that red dress and with that smile. Imagine players like Thiago, Jota, Phillips and Kabak getting their first taste of what its like to be fully appreciated as a Liverpool player. Imagine Virgil, Gomez, Matip, and Henderson back in the squad, plus whoever we bring in over the summer.

I've been genuinely saddened by some on here this season, where instead of solidarity, perspective and patience, we've seen anger, indifference and criticism of everyone from Jurgen to Trent to Salah to FSG. With fans like these, who needs enemies? Perhaps it's a sign of the way the world is heading, with entitlement and short term success seemingly the goal in life instead of appreciating the journey and the wisdom it brings. I know it's a cliched quote, but Shankly was right when he said if you can't support us when we draw or lose, then please fuck off ya wee pricks (or something like that).

I genuinely believe we'll be title challengers again next season, and we'll channel all the frustrations of injuries, no fans, VAR, and Covid into blowing this league apart again. We have the best and most loveable manager in world football and a collection of some of the best players. We have an historic stadium that is revered the world over and still expanding, allowing more fans to see the games whilst generating more money to invest on and off the pitch. We have a new training complex bringing the academy and 1st team even closer. We have astute owners that protect our future instead of allowing balance sheets to edge closer to bankruptcy.

We are really rather lucky fans, and some people will never get any of this with their own club in their entire lifetime.

Enjoy it.

Incredible post.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: April 11, 2021, 12:33:35 pm »
Incredible post.
The guy appears to be the opposite of the social media ‘supporter’. Perspective, analytical, realistic and romantic. The truly typical Liverpool supporter. Thanks for saying what a lot of us think and feel.

Online aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: April 11, 2021, 01:02:29 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2021, 12:08:38 am »

Enjoy it.

You're a credit to the forum K lad - and your goodself too, of course. Another wonderful reminder of what we should all be about. Hopefully a good many of us, if not all, are.

One very slight bone of contention, however K lad. The term "enjoy it" and that first half in madrid last Tuesday night are entirely incompatible entities ;D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #538 on: April 12, 2021, 01:59:07 am »
Im convinced that taking the fans away the second time was the straw that broke the camels back during our bad spell. We were so good with the few we had in sounded like the place was full, and then crickets again.

Like Keyop says, we will go again. Damn straight. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #539 on: April 12, 2021, 11:02:56 am »

Spot on.  :wellin

Considering the things that have gone against us this season, and the consequent dip in form we´ve had, if we can still secure Top 4 it will be one of our biggest achievements under Klopp. If we can add another Big Ears to the collection....well I´m sure our dip in form will be all but forgotten entirely and then some.

But aside from all of that, regardless of what happens the remainder of this season, are people really still doubting we will bounce back next season, with these players and this manager?

I am convinced that with fans back in the stadium, we will see this whole pundit and reactionary twitter fed narrative of some kind of irreversible decline disappear in quick time. I don´t think we would have suffered such a dip in form in normal times. But it is tragic irony that because the times are what they are, the entire reaction to this dip has basically been played out in the online cesspit. No chance do any narratives of our fans questioning Klopp (the most depressing "narrative" to have come from all this) come to fruition with a rocking Anfield backing the team.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 11:04:45 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: April 12, 2021, 11:10:53 am »
That's a great post Keyop. Fantastic stuff, thanks for taking the time to do that.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: April 12, 2021, 11:42:08 am »

Imagine players like Thiago, Jota, Phillips and Kabak getting their first taste of what its like to be fully appreciated as a Liverpool player. ...........................

I genuinely can't wait for this bit.

Especially Thiago.  This world class midfielder comes to Liverpool, but still hasn't witnessed the roar.  Watch his jaw drop when Anfield is full again.  And watch his performances go up to the fullest of his ability.

Not saying he hasn't put in the effort, but subconsciously, I think the lack of atmosphere has affected the players.

Can't wait.  Its just what a packed Anfield does to players.  And Anfield next season will be like Anfield on steroids after this lengthy absence.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 12, 2021, 12:33:47 pm »

You're a credit to the forum K lad - and your goodself too, of course. Another wonderful reminder of what we should all be about. Hopefully a good many of us, if not all, are.

One very slight bone of contention, however K lad. The term "enjoy it" and that first half in madrid last Tuesday night are entirely incompatible entities ;D
Thanks Timbo, and yes - last Tuesday's game was tough to enjoy, even for an optimist like me. I like to think it was all a ploy to lull Real into a false sense of security,  just like we did with Barca  :)

Thanks to others for the kind comments - I'm just trying to articulate what I know so many of us are feeling, and present an alternate view to the social media/sky sports/pundit narrative that has dominated this season and even ended up on this site on various threads.

I also think that with everything that has happened to the team (and the wider world) in the last 12 months, much of the criticism just doesn't feel justified or what a true supporter should do during tough times.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: April 12, 2021, 10:51:42 pm »
Nice one keyop mate.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 12, 2021, 11:40:44 pm »
I guess those of us lucky to go to the match will see it a bit different when we are allowed back. Going was routine for me: park up, a couple in the Harry and get in, shout as required. To actually be part of the game and supporting the lads will be so special now, I think the atmosphere will intensify which will only be good for the team. You never know the singing might be reminiscent of tye 60s/70's. Fantastic if so.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 13, 2021, 12:17:41 am »
Honestly the short video doing the rounds today of klopp laughing his head off at how shit we've been at home is the best thing I've seen in ages. He's in genuine shock when he finds out we haven't won since spurs before Christmas then bursts out laughing. It really shouldn't be funny but it's brilliant
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2021, 01:09:37 am »
Excellent read, keyop, mate. Spot on.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: April 13, 2021, 08:31:01 am »
Honestly the short video doing the rounds today of klopp laughing his head off at how shit we've been at home is the best thing I've seen in ages. He's in genuine shock when he finds out we haven't won since spurs before Christmas then bursts out laughing. It really shouldn't be funny but it's brilliant
And that's why we love him. He understands (like we do) the sheer madness of this season and is able to see the funny side amidst all the chaos. He knows we'll go again next season and so will the players.

Imagine how Mourinho, Guardiola, Solskjaer or Tuchel would react - the excuses, the blame, the self pity, the deflection of responsibility. Jurgen takes it all on his shoulders and that's what sets him apart.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #548 on: April 13, 2021, 12:42:29 pm »
And that's why we love him. He understands (like we do) the sheer madness of this season and is able to see the funny side amidst all the chaos. He knows we'll go again next season and so will the players.

Imagine how Mourinho, Guardiola, Solskjaer or Tuchel would react - the excuses, the blame, the self pity, the deflection of responsibility. Jurgen takes it all on his shoulders and that's what sets him apart.

Like my signature says - he’s used to nothing more than taking knocks.

This is the thing with Jürgen, nothing has been easy in his career. He had to fight hard to even become a pro, not making it till he was 22. At that point he was in college, working various jobs, trying to help support a young family, and even after turning pro, he wasn’t on a big wage - as he was after all playing for a small club who never got out of the 2nd division and spent almost all seasons battling to stay in it. And that was his motivation there - knowing that if they got relegated to the 3rd tier, his days as a pro where likely over, and he couldn’t afford to lose that pay cheque. It was why he came back from a serious knee ligament injury within months -as he’d lose his pay cheque if he went over a certain months mark when the insurance stopped paying.

As coach at Mainz, the pain if missing out twice on promotiom - and not just missing out, but in the cruelest ways, on goal difference in the last minute of a game, and away from home when they needed just a point, but lost, and then had to endure the worst lack of sportsmanship likely seen in German football as the fans and players and officials of Union Berlin mocked them for crying and being distraught.

And at Dortmund, losing a CL final in the final moments, even as an underdog that hurt, and seeming some of his best players taken from him by ‘bigger clubs’ and then the difcultues of the first half of the final season when everything went wrong.

But he’s picked himself up each and every time. No easy ride, no favours, no endless blank cheques that the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho have enjoyed for most of their careers, no superior squads at any of the teams he’s taken over, he’s had to build each one, some more than others. No stepping into cushy jobs that has become a favourite passtime of Thomas Tuchel, where the pieces are almost all in place already.

Yes, he can be grumpy, and yes he can snap at people, but ultimately, he can still go about his work with humour and good grace, as he’s been there and done it all the hard way.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #549 on: April 17, 2021, 11:53:52 pm »
And that's why we love him.

Is dead right K. We most certainly do.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: April 18, 2021, 12:28:15 am »
Lack of fans in the stadium is what really killing us.
Believer

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #551 on: April 18, 2021, 10:57:56 pm »
100% support for the man (and his team) who've given me the best nights of the last 30 years (except Istanbul)

Whatever he says, goes for me.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: April 18, 2021, 11:52:43 pm »
He’s the best thing to have happened to this club in many years.

He’s transformed it on and off the pitch.

But the greedy c*nts who own LFC simply don’t deserve him. He’s too good a man.

Hope he resigns over the pure unadulterated greed. Over the complete lack of any morals or thought for what the club is.

Would serve the greedy twats right. And I’d respect him even more than I do now.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #553 on: April 18, 2021, 11:54:11 pm »
If he walks, I support him 100%.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: April 18, 2021, 11:59:51 pm »
If he walks, I support him 100%.

If he walks he pretty much retires. Besides managing the German national team there'll be nowhere else for him to go.

All the main clubs will be in this stupid competition and the rest will become irrelevant to some degree.

Online palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #555 on: April 19, 2021, 12:44:27 am »
It's just fucking incredible. We wait thirty fucking years to win the league. We do so in the middle of a pandemic, with no fans in the ground. And now we're fucking off the competition that is the very backbone of our tradition and history to go play in an artificial, sanitized corporate monster circus so we can make a few ultra rich people even richer. All of the excitement and hope of the past few years has just been utterly crushed. I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp called it a day. A significant portion of the fans might as well.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #556 on: April 19, 2021, 01:14:01 am »
The poor bloke is going to be hung out to dry by the gutter press tomorrow.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: April 19, 2021, 02:11:34 am »
The poor bloke is going to be hung out to dry by the gutter press tomorrow.

His reaction will be telling, as he is already on record as being against the idea of a Super League. I think he will bite his tongue for now, but he must have a million thoughts running through his head as a socialist at heart. I don’t think he is a big fan of the way football is run at the moment, and wants change to happen, but I am not sure he would want this as it goes against his idea of competition.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #558 on: April 19, 2021, 03:26:28 am »
If he walks he pretty much retires. Besides managing the German national team there'll be nowhere else for him to go.

All the main clubs will be in this stupid competition and the rest will become irrelevant to some degree.

I don’t for a second think he will leave. It’s not like he doesn’t know what is going on, or didn’t have any hint.  He’ll know, and he may not agree with much of it, but he’ll not leave because of it.

But I actually don’t think he’d have that big a problem walking away when the time is right, he isn’t really like a lot of coaches, who’d carry on for the hell of it (like Ancelotti and Mourinho). 

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #559 on: April 19, 2021, 03:46:59 am »
Yeah, Jurgen isn't being fucked over.  There's no way he wouldn't have known about what was going on and if not agreed with it been fine with it.  You don't blindside your most important and highest paid non-player, it's just nonsense to think otherwise.  It might also explain the odd situations with Jose and Arteta as well but that's for another thread.