Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223888 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1040 on: October 12, 2019, 07:46:23 pm »
oh, and that argument about the bulk sale and buying 5 months in advance makes no sense at all.

If the sale was 2 weeks before the game, and by that time you knew you couldn't go, you wouldn't buy the ticket then would you not? Which means you wouldn't have the credit.

So why are you moaning about not getting the credit for the game just because you bought it 5 months prior?

Or are you saying if the sale was 2 weeks prior, you'd still buy the ticket knowing you couldn't go in order to get the credit?

In that sense the bulk sales actually help people credit hunt.

No of course I wouldn't buy the ticket. My point is, by the club demanding my money 5 months in advance, there should be some leniency and empathy shown for the rare occasion that you're not able to go. Why should I pay for a ticket 5 months in advance, not knowing when the fixture is going to be played, only for the club to return my money 5 months later and me get nothing for it? 

Clearly people don't care that the club is holding their money for months with nothing in return, but I do.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: October 12, 2019, 07:47:37 pm »
The quicker e-tickets are introduced for normal season tickets the better. So you can pass a ticket to a mate through a similar portal us corporates have. That way the club know where the tickets going. I think the difference in the clubs thinking a member buying tickets is expected to go to every game hence they buy the ticket. A season ticket is slightly different
and a corporate is for entertainment purposes so it’s well expected that a different client gets a ticket each time

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: October 12, 2019, 07:57:36 pm »
No of course I wouldn't buy the ticket. My point is, by the club demanding my money 5 months in advance, there should be some leniency and empathy shown for the rare occasion that you're not able to go. Why should I pay for a ticket 5 months in advance, not knowing when the fixture is going to be played, only for the club to return my money 5 months later and me get nothing for it? 

Clearly people don't care that the club is holding their money for months with nothing in return, but I do.

Having the option to go to the match without doing anything else if it fits with your life isn't 'Nothing in return'.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: October 12, 2019, 08:01:42 pm »
Having the option to go to the match without doing anything else if it fits with your life isn't 'Nothing in return'.

The option comes off the back of decades of loyalty. Clearly that means nothing to some. I'm done discussing this now. I've made my point and as I've said, I wont be affected regardless as I go to the majority of games.

Until the stadium is of a certain size, or the team returns to a point where we are shit again, these discussions will rumble on and on.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1044 on: October 12, 2019, 08:07:02 pm »
Nothing myself, starting to get a bit worried about it all bulk sales are not far away.  Esp if you have issues and its going to take 14 days to verify.

Think I might try tomorrow.

Am I missing something here, I didn’t think it needed doing until the end of the year. It doesn’t affect buying in the bulk sale, does it?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1045 on: October 12, 2019, 08:16:40 pm »

Look, you clearly look at this in a completely different way to me.

You still want compensating and crediting for going to the match when you didn't go to the match.

How far in advance the club makes you pay for it is irrelevant.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: October 12, 2019, 08:18:13 pm »
Am I missing something here, I didn’t think it needed doing until the end of the year. It doesn’t affect buying in the bulk sale, does it?

It needs doing from tomorrow if you are a member on 13+ and yes, if you don't you can't buy in the November bulk sale.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: October 12, 2019, 08:20:49 pm »
Should apply to season ticket holders and away games too. Shouldn't have the benefits, unless they themselves are attending the majority of games, discounting the naming issue some have.

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #1048 on: October 12, 2019, 08:25:29 pm »
It needs doing from tomorrow if you are a member on 13+ and yes, if you don't you can't buy in the November bulk sale.
I thought Graham mentioned earlier thread have until end of year and can still buy in November sale if haven’t done it. Just if not done by end of year wouldn’t be able to enter ground for first game in new year.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1049 on: October 12, 2019, 08:29:01 pm »
I thought Graham mentioned earlier thread have until end of year and can still buy in November sale if haven’t done it. Just if not done by end of year wouldn’t be able to enter ground for first game in new year.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

I can’t be bothered checking but, yes, I thought it said this somewhere in the club information as well.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: October 12, 2019, 08:41:12 pm »
You own't be able to take part in the November sale if you are not verified.

He said it here.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: October 12, 2019, 08:45:48 pm »
I can’t be bothered checking but, yes, I thought it said this somewhere in the club information as well.

Confusions reins, why do this middle of the season.... :butt :butt

I thought we had to do it before the bulk sales or we wouldn't be able to buy...just giving touts longer to work around the system then....

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1052 on: October 12, 2019, 08:51:13 pm »
He said it here.

On the Fan Update information pages, under the answer to the question "When do I need to provide my details to complete the LFC Fan Update process" the answer is given as "Official Members who recorded 13 or more games during the 18/19 season can complete the LFC Fan Update process by December 31st 2019".

Seems fairly clear to me and I imagine this will be clarified anyway over the coming days but for now I'm happy to (i) go on what the club have published to date, and (ii) wait for the email to arrive from the club.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: October 12, 2019, 08:53:48 pm »
Well, one of them is lying then :)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: October 12, 2019, 08:58:59 pm »
Look, you clearly look at this in a completely different way to me.

You still want compensating and crediting for going to the match when you didn't go to the match.

How far in advance the club makes you pay for it is irrelevant.

I do believe that you should get something for having to pay for the tickets months in advance, yes. You wouldn't buy a concert or theatre ticket 5 months in advance without knowing the date would you?? It's not about whether or not you go, because with the new changes, everyone will have to go to the majority of the games on their own card anyway.

It's just my opinion, but if you buy in July for a game in November/December, you don't find out until October/November when the game is going to be played because of TV, so if it turns out you are working, on holiday or you simply get ill and are unable to go, I think you deserve the right to pass to a friend or family and keep the credit for the fact that you've paid in advance and have given the club years and years of loyalty, in times where the majority of the people who are complaining now, gave absolutely no shits whatsoever about attending the game because we were shite.

Genuine fans are not the problem as to why many cannot get a ticket. Touts are the problem and most of all, the clubs inability to build a stadium big enough for the demand. Since FSG arrived and promised more ticket availability, we have increased member sale availability by around 4000 (I don't have the exact figures to hand), whilst also taking £30 memberships off over 100,000 people annually.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1055 on: October 12, 2019, 08:59:08 pm »
Also, the other part of the answer says this . . .

"If you meet this criteria you will be able to complete the Fan Update process from 14 October. We will contact eligible supporters by email, post or SMS, depending on the details we hold for you. Please take the time to check your contact information is up to date in My Account."

So again, I will simply read everything again, do what it says, make sure my details are up to date and then wait to be contacted.

But that's me being stupid.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1056 on: October 12, 2019, 08:59:40 pm »
Seeing the stories people have that have come to light through this, is there anybody who actually goes the game on their own card? :D
Me haha! It’s hard for club to combat touts when there’s so many normal fans who got regularly but not on their own cards

Offline tesh1e

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #1057 on: October 12, 2019, 09:10:17 pm »
Hoping someone here might be able to help with a query on this. My wifes member card is in her maiden name and all ID in married name, i assume this won't be a problem? Should i contact the club in advance to explain?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: October 12, 2019, 09:13:49 pm »
Hoping someone here might be able to help with a query on this. My wifes member card is in her maiden name and all ID in married name, i assume this won't be a problem? Should i contact the club in advance to explain?
if you have a copy of the marriage certificate it should be fine

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: October 12, 2019, 09:24:53 pm »
Next bulk sale should be a breeze then eh?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: October 12, 2019, 09:57:25 pm »
Also, the other part of the answer says this . . .

"If you meet this criteria you will be able to complete the Fan Update process from 14 October. We will contact eligible supporters by email, post or SMS, depending on the details we hold for you. Please take the time to check your contact information is up to date in My Account."

So again, I will simply read everything again, do what it says, make sure my details are up to date and then wait to be contacted.

But that's me being stupid.

Mines all upto date, I get my text with seat, I get my emails for game changes and for buying tickets it opens in 2 days but nothing from the club about it...

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1061 on: October 12, 2019, 10:13:19 pm »
Mines all upto date, I get my text with seat, I get my emails for game changes and for buying tickets it opens in 2 days but nothing from the club about it...

Same here but I think it may mean they will start contacting us from Monday, after all it was only announced last week. I’m going to wait a few days and I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1062 on: October 12, 2019, 11:16:46 pm »
Should apply to season ticket holders and away games too. Shouldn't have the benefits, unless they themselves are attending the majority of games, discounting the naming issue some have.
It will do as Graham and the club have said but they have to start somewhere and members with 13+ homes id where they have decided to start.

We are a team of one half.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: October 13, 2019, 12:18:27 am »

As a STH, if you can’t go it goes back on sale through the exchange. No passing it on to friends or family members
What happens if you go with your kid who is 10, you can't let someone else take her/him because you have to work or are ill? So the s/he doesn't go and both tickets have to be surrendered?

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1064 on: October 13, 2019, 12:58:45 am »
I do believe that you should get something for having to pay for the tickets months in advance, yes. You wouldn't buy a concert or theatre ticket 5 months in advance without knowing the date would you?? It's not about whether or not you go, because with the new changes, everyone will have to go to the majority of the games on their own card anyway.

It's just my opinion, but if you buy in July for a game in November/December, you don't find out until October/November when the game is going to be played because of TV, so if it turns out you are working, on holiday or you simply get ill and are unable to go, I think you deserve the right to pass to a friend or family and keep the credit for the fact that you've paid in advance and have given the club years and years of loyalty, in times where the majority of the people who are complaining now, gave absolutely no shits whatsoever about attending the game because we were shite.

Genuine fans are not the problem as to why many cannot get a ticket. Touts are the problem and most of all, the clubs inability to build a stadium big enough for the demand. Since FSG arrived and promised more ticket availability, we have increased member sale availability by around 4000 (I don't have the exact figures to hand), whilst also taking £30 memberships off over 100,000 people annually.

STH buy in May

And have no idea when then games are going to be.

It's all part of the game

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: October 13, 2019, 01:13:50 am »
STH buy in May

That's a point that needs recognising. It's 850 quid, so you either save up from January to April or earlier or 850 nicker gets taken out of your April pay packet for a game that will occur 13 months later.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1066 on: October 13, 2019, 02:58:59 am »
Indeed, the ground isn't big enough and there's an access problem, hence why the access shouldn't be controlled by people who can't go. If you can't go, your ticket should go back to the club and it goes on sale to the public.
Yep.

Yep.

Nah, if you don't attend you shouldn't get the credit. When you give that ticket, or the pair of tickets to someone else - it'll be them that travels to and attends the game - so they should benefit from that attendance.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1067 on: October 13, 2019, 09:21:38 am »
As much as I want to battle against losing my credits for games I can't attend outside of my control (TV scheduling largely) it's the same for everyone and anyone arguing against it (including me) is shoehorning in justification that probably doesn't exist.

In an ideal world if I get to six games one year it'd be nice if I was reasonably certain of getting six games the following year and in with a decent shout of getting a seventh if I was in a position to go to more.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: October 13, 2019, 09:25:58 am »
Nah, if you don't attend you shouldn't get the credit. When you give that ticket, or the pair of tickets to someone else - it'll be them that travels to and attends the game - so they should benefit from that attendance.

I think we should think about what this means as well though - for groups.

We go in a 4 (4 seats on 19 credits and try and get 4 together always). They all don't always go for various reasons. (Some genuine reasons, some not so at times - most of the times they do go).

If one drops to 15 say, he may or may not be able to sit with us ever again if the credits changed.
Whilst he should not get the credit for not going - we should discuss what consequences this might bring for groups. (Good and bad).

Maybe good - maybe those with high credits who don't go all the games will go the odd few on their own, or just stop going (and that's the old natural new wave that comes through).
Or maybe they will begrudgingly attend them all!

It's a big old change that's coming and will impact in ways not yet thought of, so interesting to discuss/guess what these might mean.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 09:28:48 am by davidsteventon »

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1069 on: October 13, 2019, 11:16:37 am »
What happens if you go with your kid who is 10, you can't let someone else take her/him because you have to work or are ill? So the s/he doesn't go and both tickets have to be surrendered?

As you do currently, pass it on to Friend of family member.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: October 13, 2019, 11:17:07 am »

Fill the contact sheet in on the site and explain - won't be a problem.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1071 on: October 13, 2019, 11:24:55 am »
Graham are you expecting the Club to feed back to the committee after this initial phase?

Seems to me from reading this thread that there are about 25,000 different scenarios people are in hahahaha

It's deffo going to be far worse when it gets to ST holders IMO

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1072 on: October 13, 2019, 11:26:41 am »
Graham are you expecting the Club to feed back to the committee after this initial phase?

Seems to me from reading this thread that there are about 25,000 different scenarios people are in hahahaha

Yeah the STH phase will be interesting, members are still quite new compared to some STHs,

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1073 on: October 13, 2019, 12:37:12 pm »
Will the club be asking new members to upload a photo ID when they buy their LFC Membership on the site to verifiy who they are from the 14 October or maybe next season ?
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: October 13, 2019, 01:40:07 pm »

That is the plan - feedback both ways.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: October 13, 2019, 01:41:31 pm »
Will the club be asking new members to upload a photo ID when they buy their LFC Membership on the site to verifiy who they are from the 14 October or maybe next season ?

Any new members who want to try for tickets will have to go through the Update.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1076 on: October 13, 2019, 03:58:00 pm »
Where do u find the link to try?
Sorry, only just seen this. It's www.liverpoolfc.com/fanupdate
Anyone who has successfully uploaded your ID, was your photo in portrait or landscape.
I've had 3 failed attempts now in portrait.
I can't see how I can make it a better or clearer photo.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Landscape was successful for me after trying portrait and it failing.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1077 on: October 13, 2019, 05:46:41 pm »
Sorry, only just seen this. It's www.liverpoolfc.com/fanupdateLandscape was successful for me after trying portrait and it failing.
Thanks mate [emoji106]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: October 13, 2019, 06:24:44 pm »
Same. Landscape. No issues at all.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1079 on: October 13, 2019, 08:16:06 pm »
Is this just aimed at league games as it says in November sales?

Wondering if the 13+ games criteria is just for league credits or as a whole. I'll have to do it if its the latter but not just leagues.