Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223845 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #840 on: October 10, 2019, 08:48:52 am »
The club should properly search their database and flag suspicious accounts.

It would not be hard at all to put flags by suspicious accounts, i.e accounts with an abnormal number registered at one address, and also clearly obvious fake names.

These should then be made to provide ID in the name they are registered in. Any that cant are binned.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: October 10, 2019, 08:50:29 am »
No they won’t.  The system will be that BOTH have to go through the process.  If one is fake they won’t do it and they lose the membership.  Both need to exist for this to work. And the system will know if an ID is fake.

This will sweep up a lot of touts.

Both what?

So Joe Bloggs will have to show proof he is Joe Bloggs before he is allowed to change the name?

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #842 on: October 10, 2019, 08:52:37 am »
No they won’t.  The system will be that BOTH have to go through the process.  If one is fake they won’t do it and they lose the membership.  Both need to exist for this to work. And the system will know if an ID is fake.

This will sweep up a lot of touts.

I hope that is the case, at least that would clear out a lot of fake name cards.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #843 on: October 10, 2019, 08:53:49 am »
Both what?

So Joe Bloggs will have to show proof he is Joe Bloggs before he is allowed to change the name?

Correct.  The person who currently has the membership will have to do this process first, if they don’t exist or are dodgy it won’t work and they won’t be able to transfer.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: October 10, 2019, 08:57:19 am »
Yep.

Its mad really.

Right in front of the club’s eyes John Smith, Smith John, Joe Bloggs 1,2,3 and 4 will change that clearly fake name on their card right under the club’s nose and just be legitimately allowed to carry on touting just as before.

They have to log in and provide photo proof such as passport and driving licence, so unless they have 150 passports or driving licences they're a bit stuffed

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: October 10, 2019, 09:00:16 am »
Correct.  The person who currently has the membership will have to do this process first, if they don’t exist or are dodgy it won’t work and they won’t be able to transfer.

Great if true, but thats not my understanding of how it will work from reading the FAQS

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #846 on: October 10, 2019, 09:00:51 am »
Are they not deleting the photos, I think someone mentioned this earlier

If they are deleting photos then what is the point in having them in the 1st place?

Even if they are, why should we trust an organisation that still can't handle even basic members sales or sending cup ticket prices with the confirmation emails with that level of information about you?

Be interesting to see when all is said and done if a Freedom of information request cant be made to the IOC to check what LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB AND ATHLETIC GROUNDS LIMITED holds on me and what data they are sharing with their sponsors...

The club needs to be doing more to get the basics right before moving on to a full ID system

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: October 10, 2019, 09:03:08 am »
If they are deleting photos then what is the point in having them in the 1st place?

Even if they are, why should we trust an organisation that still can't handle even basic members sales or sending cup ticket prices with the confirmation emails with that level of information about you?

Be interesting to see when all is said and done if a Freedom of information request cant be made to the IOC to check what LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB AND ATHLETIC GROUNDS LIMITED holds on me and what data they are sharing with their sponsors...

The club needs to be doing more to get the basics right before moving on to a full ID system

Because they only need the ID picture to verify who you are on a one-off basis in order for you to keep your membership, they wont need it further after that so it will be deleted.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #848 on: October 10, 2019, 09:20:43 am »
I've read all 22 pages and I'm still not sure how the club will actually police this on match day. If they can't police it on actual match day what's the actual point besides cleaning a few things up?
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: October 10, 2019, 09:53:32 am »
I've read all 22 pages and I'm still not sure how the club will actually police this on match day. If they can't police it on actual match day what's the actual point besides cleaning a few things up?

It's only an initial step. But if not verified, you won't get into games in the second half of the season.
YNWA.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #850 on: October 10, 2019, 09:56:57 am »
It's only an initial step. But if not verified, you won't get into games in the second half of the season.

Even when I verify, anybody can go in on my card, nothing to stop them
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: October 10, 2019, 10:06:39 am »
Even when I verify, anybody can go in on my card, nothing to stop them

That is true, at this point. You can't overhaul a system over night, this is a gradual process.

They're starting with a subset and will eventually box off different groups. It's not a few people, it's tens of thousands.

They're not storing the image of your ID, they are using it to verify your identity, once that is complete the system will delete the images and you will be marked as verified in the database.

All good progress.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: October 10, 2019, 10:09:53 am »
Baby steps. We have a bigger title challenge fish to fry.  ;)
YNWA.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #853 on: October 10, 2019, 10:18:24 am »
For those that have already done it, you have to confirm ID with passport or accepted photo ID do you have to confirm address? If so how what do you need?

I just used my driving licence photo card which has your address on.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: October 10, 2019, 10:49:00 am »
I have a ST and my brother has a ST - both in each of our names. Both are registered to my home address as obviously makes it easier when getting paper tickets sent in the post.

We will be able to verify ourselves without any issues although obviously my brother's ID will have his home address on.

Assume the TO will be ok with this? We are linked on Friends & Family etc. All totally legit but would be annoying if they insist that paper tickets in the future are sent to 2 different addresses.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #855 on: October 10, 2019, 11:11:26 am »
Great if true, but thats not my understanding of how it will work from reading the FAQS

That's exactly how it works. You won't be able to change names through the system and you'll have to contact the club the do that and prove your ID. Joe Bloggs won't be able to do that as he doesn't exist.

It isn't about match day at the moment Nick it's about ensuring that only person only has one membership, that takes tickets out of the hands of touts.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: October 10, 2019, 11:22:51 am »
That's exactly how it works. You won't be able to change names through the system and you'll have to contact the club the do that and prove your ID. Joe Bloggs won't be able to do that as he doesn't exist.

It isn't about match day at the moment Nick it's about ensuring that only person only has one membership, that takes tickets out of the hands of touts.

Well plenty of people misunderstood then, and Graham didn't say this either yesterday when there were plenty of people misunderstanding.

Hopefully Graham will clarifiy for sure if he gets chance

But, if you're right, massive hats off to the club, and see you later touts.

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #857 on: October 10, 2019, 11:42:11 am »
All seems good in theory but wouldn't the summer rather than mid-season have been a good time to get it all sorted?

I imagine they're doing it now so they can catch out the touts before they rack up all the games, so they will know for next season how many genuine members are on 13+ and whether they need to change the credits for guaranteed sales in July.

Hopefully that means a few more tickets for us lot on here during the back half of this season as well.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #858 on: October 10, 2019, 11:45:32 am »

I have just contacted the club as currently I have two memberships in my own name of which my brother genuinely uses one.

It all came about when they binned off fancards and offered the opportunity to upgrade. My brother was using the fancard for the local generals as it was easier to use mine as he works away so I could still collect the tickets for him. Made no sense not to upgrade it for free as it was based of his credits technically. I assumed I would have been able to edit details but could only change email and phone number.

Will see what the club say.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #859 on: October 10, 2019, 11:55:33 am »
If you have to prove you are a real person before you can do a name change then this is a nice kick in the teeth for the touts! I initially thought they were getting amnesty too lol!
I’m happy with that.. just concern about people without photo ID and how can we check if they delete my driving license off the record and won’t be passed onto sponsors?!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: October 10, 2019, 12:07:04 pm »
If you have to prove you are a real person before you can do a name change then this is a nice kick in the teeth for the touts! I initially thought they were getting amnesty too lol!
I’m happy with that.. just concern about people without photo ID and how can we check if they delete my driving license off the record and won’t be passed onto sponsors?!

They are not allowed to by law now, so I'm pretty sure we can trust the fact that the club won't be breaking the law with this.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #861 on: October 10, 2019, 12:11:37 pm »
Well plenty of people misunderstood then, and Graham didn't say this either yesterday when there were plenty of people misunderstanding.

Hopefully Graham will clarifiy for sure if he gets chance

But, if you're right, massive hats off to the club, and see you later touts.

This is correct - I had assumed the FAQs had been read. Name change will require attendance at the Club and explanation of why the change should be done. ID needed for both parties.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #862 on: October 10, 2019, 12:19:27 pm »
Given I use a card in someone’s name who no longer lives in the country, I’d say that’s me fucked.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #863 on: October 10, 2019, 12:26:05 pm »
Obviously everyone has there own interests as to how tickets are sold / loyalty rewarded. To some extent with the bulk sale the club have created a second class level of season ticket holders in the 13+ sales.
A lot of the issues with credit hunting would be solved by not having the drop of  from 13 - 0 and having a tiered sale / loyalty points system.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: October 10, 2019, 12:28:47 pm »
This is correct - I had assumed the FAQs had been read. Name change will require attendance at the Club and explanation of why the change should be done. ID needed for both parties.

That's brilliant. I wholeheartedly approve of this whole process.

Hope the genuine fans can get their situations sorted out as well.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #865 on: October 10, 2019, 12:30:25 pm »
Obviously everyone has there own interests as to how tickets are sold / loyalty rewarded. To some extent with the bulk sale the club have created a second class level of season ticket holders in the 13+ sales.
A lot of the issues with credit hunting would be solved by not having the drop of  from 13 - 0 and having a tiered sale / loyalty points system.

There isn't a drop from 13 to 0. It's 13 to 4.

There should be a more staggered sales process than there is now though

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: October 10, 2019, 12:34:37 pm »
There isn't a drop from 13 to 0. It's 13 to 4.

There should be a more staggered sales process than there is now though

It's only 13 to 4 for 7 out of 19 games.

Ordinarily 3 out of 19 is straight to 0 games, unless it's first or last game of the season

So that's 9 games that are 13 to 0.

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #867 on: October 10, 2019, 12:39:01 pm »

to be honest this really isn’t set out in the FAQs, which read:

The Club will offer supporters a one-off opportunity to update the details of an Official Membership or Season Ticket. Please contact the Club via the contact us form supplied here and we will be in touch with next steps.

Hoping that those next steps are as you’ve described though, would be a real win...

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #868 on: October 10, 2019, 12:43:08 pm »
Does the online ID verification not satisfy this? It appears to be ok for verifying your details.

If you are asking someone to transfer their membership or ST, having to rely on them agreeing to travel to Anfield when they are already doing someone a favour by transferring the name might just make them say they aren't bothering now.
Doesn't seem to be the best of ideas even for locals, never mind people who would have to travel(If I'm understanding it right).

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: October 10, 2019, 01:04:57 pm »
All for it if it makes inroads into binning off the touts that plague the club

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: October 10, 2019, 01:09:48 pm »
Sounds like a positive step forwards anyway. Hopefully will lead to more tickets being available in the 4+ sale in November

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #871 on: October 10, 2019, 01:10:37 pm »
to be honest this really isn’t set out in the FAQs, which read:

The Club will offer supporters a one-off opportunity to update the details of an Official Membership or Season Ticket. Please contact the Club via the contact us form supplied here and we will be in touch with next steps.

Hoping that those next steps are as you’ve described though, would be a real win...

I submitted the contact us form before, should hear back in the next 5 working days so will post the next steps when I get them!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #872 on: October 10, 2019, 01:26:07 pm »
Logical thing to do or the process wouldn’t be half as effective, nice to see some logic from a mostly incompetent ticketing office

Online RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #873 on: October 10, 2019, 02:29:48 pm »
I have a membership in my name with cups home and away credits and a ST in someone else’s name in Australia.  Contacted club today and I have the option of transferring ST into my name but not my membership credits.  So I can either keep going to all the home and away cup matches including Europe or go to home matches...........but apparently not both which I’m doing now.   :no :butt

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #874 on: October 10, 2019, 02:35:38 pm »
I have a membership in my name with cups home and away credits and a ST in someone else’s name in Australia.  Contacted club today and I have the option of transferring ST into my name but not my membership credits.  So I can either keep going to all the home and away cup matches including Europe or go to home matches...........but apparently not both which I’m doing now.   :no :butt

Similar to me. One card with all homes, the other has all aways and is in my address but not my name.

If I had loads of cards in different names fair enough but who’s arsed about genuine fans losing credits.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: October 10, 2019, 02:36:36 pm »

Argue that mate. The reasons for this state it’s to know who’s going and get them into the right names.
You’ve been honest with them there and wish to comply.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: October 10, 2019, 02:39:20 pm »
Similar to me. One card with all homes, the other has all aways and is in my address but not my name.

If I had loads of cards in different names fair enough but who’s arsed about genuine fans losing credits.

There are loads of people in similar situations and it looks like it just has not been considered at all. Almost all of the people I go to away games with has this to some degree.
If they want the named people on the card going to the match they need to help people in this situation. Otherwise it won't be resolved, people will just validate that name on their away card and carry on as before.

Online RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #877 on: October 10, 2019, 02:48:18 pm »
The girl at a LFC said to me why didn’t you transfer ST into your name previously- answer your lot have let me!! FFS they are happy for me to pay on the same credit card for both but now not for me to have the credit.

Totally appreciate trying to stop the tours but I’m not one of them, John my steward at Anfield can vouch for me - same person in same seat for years........

Hoping they win title this year as my brother my last watching at Anfield thanks to the Fan Update - oh the irony ::)

Offline RedRon

• Main Stander
« Reply #878 on: October 10, 2019, 03:23:34 pm »

I'm in a similar situation, I have all home and aways on my membership but my son has all homes on his and the aways on a mate's card who lives in Australia but he's been using for past 6 years. If he loses the aways and can't go I doubt I will continue going on my own and we will both end up missing out.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: October 10, 2019, 03:32:44 pm »
I'm in a similar situation, I have all home and aways on my membership but my son has all homes on his and the aways on a mate's card who lives in Australia but he's been using for past 6 years. If he loses the aways and can't go I doubt I will continue going on my own and we will both end up missing out.

The homes would be far easier to build up if you were to take the option to keep the aways.