Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1042984 times)

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Danny fucking Mills. Mate, just give up on life pal.

"Danny Mills

Former England defender on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra

Liverpool are getting away with it at the moment. Every game recently has been tight, though some will say that's the sign of champions - to keep winning when not playing well.

In the last 10 games or so I've not seen Liverpool comfortable in more than two matches. That can be a bit of a worry.

But, at the moment, they keep winning, so they will hope they can stumble over the finishing line."
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
He's got to be the most bitter man on the planet. He's definitely a blueshite.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
He's got to be the most bitter man on the planet. He's definitely a blueshite.
Deffo. He's just bitter cause his team lost, the bald headed c*nt.
Stan Laurel

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This week it’s Garth Crooks. His team of the week has enough players from Lfc but his little sly digs are enough to piss off the supporters.
On Van Dijk: “Real Madrid and Barcelona must be in frantic talks with their banks about how much it might cost to buy Van Dijk. An audacious bid is bound to happen sooner or later - if it hasn't already.”

On Henderson : “Captain fantastic took to the stage against Southampton and told Jurgen Klopp where he can stick his position on the bench.Personally, I think Henderson has been treated rather harshly with Klopp relegating him to substitute. ”

On Salah : “The Egypt international signalled his comeback with a trademark finish and ripped off his shirt with a defiant stare at the Liverpool fans who dared to doubt him. “

Where do you start with that nonsense 😂
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Those Garth Crooks comments. :lmao

He really is a an idiot.

Danny Mills pips him in the idiot stakes though for tonights coments, he really really hates us.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
Those Garth Crooks comments. :lmao

He really is a an idiot.

Danny Mills pips him in the idiot stakes though for tonights coments, he really really hates us.

I think I'd just put the BBC sport section as a whole. Just read the write up of our game and there always seems to be sly little digs.

"Salah could have been sent off, but after VAR no foul was given"

"Another nervous first half moment"

"Liverpool failed to find a third goal"

Mills is a piece of shit as well, fact.

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Danny fucking Mills. Mate, just give up on life pal.

"Danny Mills

Former England defender on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra

Liverpool are getting away with it at the moment. Every game recently has been tight, though some will say that's the sign of champions - to keep winning when not playing well.

In the last 10 games or so I've not seen Liverpool comfortable in more than two matches. That can be a bit of a worry.

But, at the moment, they keep winning, so they will hope they can stumble over the finishing line."

Yes, spotted that too, what a bitter pillock!

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I think I'd just put the BBC sport section as a whole. Just read the write up of our game and there always seems to be sly little digs.

Had radio 5 on in the car on the way to work, it was just the Spuds, City and Sir Harry MBE

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Agree with all the Mills shouts. He comes across as bitter and clearly holds a grudge. Crooks is a bit of a harmless idiot, same with Mersin. There’s no real malice there but Mills is just a horrible twat.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan

Swear down, is it just my tinted glasses here, or do we always get this shit, no matter who the broadcaster or the journo?

If we win 2-0, we always get the "Just couldn't find the 3rd to put the game to bed" or if we win 4-1 it's "Another goal conceded - are Liverpool's defence showing cracks again?" or even a 1-0 has always resulted in "Not playing well" or "Sneaking a win"!

Obviously, the Ev will have you believe that it's the opposite, but they're tin-foil hat wearing hobbits so what do they know.
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
Agree with all the Mills shouts. He comes across as bitter and clearly holds a grudge. Crooks is a bit of a harmless idiot, same with Mersin. There’s no real malice there but Mills is just a horrible twat.
Yeah, I can't get wound up by Crooks' nonsense as he clearly isn't all there - he chooses players for his team of the week then just talks about their mistakes or how poor they've been. And Merson has the IQ of a squashed ant, so I can't take him seriously as he isn't clever enough to be malicious. Whereas Mills just hates us more than anything, and doesn't apply any kind of rationalisation to his analysis.
Stan Laurel

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Deffo. He's just bitter cause his team lost, the bald headed c*nt.

Here less of that  ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?

I usually only tune in at kick-off and out again straight after the final whistle in order to avoid the ramblings of these pundits.

Just wondering; does anyone have a genuine idea about what Mills' problem is with us? Have we rejected him or offended him in some way in the past? Is he a boyhood Bitter or Manc?

Genuine question, as he's never been on my radar that much and I don't know much about him.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 04:58:07 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Jake Humphries should never be allowed to set foot in Anfield again the dirty fucking scumbag

What did he say?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I usually only tune in at kick-off and out again straight after the final whistle in order to avoid the ramblings of these pundits.

Just wondering; does anyone have a genuine idea about what Mills' problem is with us? Have we rejected him or offended him in some way in the past? Is he a boyhood Bitter or Manc?

Genuine question, as he's never been on my radar that much and I don't know much about him.

He scored at Anfield for Charlton in a 3-3 draw once. Think he started off at Norwich so maybe hates us for all those Suarez drubbings?

Most likely, as has been pointed out by others in here that his ‘peak’ came at Leeds and us popping them to the final Champions League place in 2001 started their demise that led to them selling all their best players and leaving Mills in the lurch before his career petered out at Middlesbrough and pre oil money City so he probably blames us for what might have been.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
He scored at Anfield for Charlton in a 3-3 draw once. Think he started off at Norwich so maybe hates us for all those Suarez drubbings?

Most likely, as has been pointed out by others in here that his ‘peak’ came at Leeds and us popping them to the final Champions League place in 2001 started their demise that led to them selling all their best players and leaving Mills in the lurch before his career petered out at Middlesbrough and pre oil money City so he probably blames us for what might have been.
Thanks for the reply.

There's not much in there to be so bitter about really. Maybe he's just that kind of guy? People who carry a grudge towards others for their own shortcomings do my head right in.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
'Ead slappin
'Ead slappin
'Ead slappin...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
'Ead slappin
'Ead slappin
'Ead slappin...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
What did he say?

‘It’s never their fault’

Slyly about something that happened in the game. Hated him since day 1

My hate is now fever pitch
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
‘It’s never their fault’

I thought he just said 'No, it's not Liverpool's fault' - Which was a fairly standard answer to what McManaman said to him. I'm pretty certain he didn't mean it in the way you think he did. 

I'd certainly say let's give him the benefit of the doubt before starting a witch hunt.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Has anyone got any contact details for the Sports departments at the BBC and BT (Sky are beyond hope). They need to know that a fair chunk of viewers don't listen to them and would prefer crowd noise only.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
‘It’s never their fault’

Was that a response to the trailer for that BT Sport Two Tribes documentary, those who don't know, it's about the City of Liverpool & the 2 football clubs in the 80s, it's a cracking documentary, & a must watch, it's on BT Sport catch up.
#Sausages

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
I thought he just said 'No, it's not Liverpool's fault' - Which was a fairly standard answer to what McManaman said to him. I'm pretty certain he didn't mean it in the way you think he did. 

I'd certainly say let's give him the benefit of the doubt before starting a witch hunt.

Well I wouldn’t

He’s a smug fucking prick with the worst banter in the history of tv

No witch hunt he’s just a gobshite and quite a few know that anyway
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Baldy git   :P

;D that's better
I dunno if he's been mentioned, but here, Clinton Morrison is really hard to listen to. Offers nothing insightful at all any time I've heard him. I got into the car today and on the radio I heard a show with Jim White, Clinton Morrison and I think it was Bob Mills or whatever his name is. Is there any worse combination out there all on at the one time ?
I say heard it, by the time the seat belt was on and the Bluetooth connected it was turned over

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Has anyone got any contact details for the Sports departments at the BBC and BT (Sky are beyond hope). They need to know that a fair chunk of viewers don't listen to them and would prefer crowd noise only.

I'm sure they know.

Sky used to have the option years ago.

The dreadful standard of punditry and commentators would suggest they don't give a shit either that a lot of fans don't want to hear their nonsense.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
Well I wouldn’t

He’s a smug fucking prick with the worst banter in the history of tv

No witch hunt he’s just a gobshite and quite a few know that anyway
Completely agree. He comes off like a right arrogant twat, trying to fit in with the cool lads. Must be the most unlikeable TV presenter out there. Everything he touches turns to shite.
Stan Laurel

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Not a pundit, but I just wanted to share my appreciation of Alan Green. He was absolute fantastic in his summary on 5Live, where he talked very humbly, honestly and openly about the Hillsborough Disaster.

Easy to focus on the worst around, but it's good to appreciate the greats.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Not a pundit, but I just wanted to share my appreciation of Alan Green. He was absolute fantastic in his summary on 5Live, where he talked very humbly, honestly and openly about the Hillsborough Disaster.

Easy to focus on the worst around, but it's good to appreciate the greats.
Yes, Alan Green is excellent, and has been consistently excellent for decades.

I don't need him to be a Liverpool fan, or to always praise Liverpool, or to never criticise Liverpool or to never get anything wrong, as some Liverpool fans seem to need, to know that he has been among the top tier of our sports broadcasters for as long as I can remember.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
Peter Drury for me. Ive moved to Australia and the past 2 years its been mostly him and Beglin on commentary.

Jesus Christ hes painful for me - always trying to get a good soundbite or say something clever. I never thought Martin Tyler would be topped for that shit but Drury takes the biscuit.

Even yesterday he was going mad everytime Hazard picked up the ball (also pronouncing it Aidan Azar) waiting for something to happen so he could go over the top with some stupid fuckin superlative.

The man drives me mad.

Even that "famous" video of him commentating when Manolas scored v Barca last year irks me.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:04:52 am by El_Pelusa_10 »

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Just watched MotD2

Jason Mohammad is a proper shitheap of a host. Humourless and void of charisma.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched MotD2

That idiot recently said on 606 that Salah is a worse diver than Neymar, and he meant it. He's got an agenda. I knew he'd go to town on Salah's reaction in the penalty area.

Week in week out players like Kane and Vardy do the same thing, no comment. Salah gets kicked from pillar to post, does it once and dicks like this fella are all over it.

It was the same with Suarez.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:41:54 am by leftfooter »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I don't really mind players getting shat on for diving, but what winds me up is how sometimes it's okay to go down under any amount of contact, and sometimes it isn't (largely depending on nationality by coincidence ¬¬)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
you mean G neville? i havent been able to catch much in the way of live games of late - has he gone tits up as well?

on another note, seems im the only one that likes jonathan pearce lol i dont know if any recall his commentary when we were playing chelsea at home, winning late game, and yossi was holding the ball up at the corner flag and a chelsea twat stamped on his back with a linesman feet away and got fuckall from the officials - fucking priceless commentary that was lol

found it on youtube, unfortunately, not the commentary i was after, no matter, still makes me chuckle everytime i see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7sNO92GPuQ

I wonder what happened to the crap referee that day?
Oh yes that’s right, they put him in charge of referees.
Useless!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Crooks with another goodun this morning.  On Lucas Moura’s hat-trick “what unfolded will stay with those who witnessed it for the rest of their lives”.  :o :lmao

It was a routine home win against Huddersfield Town.  They were reasonably good finishes but it’s not like it was hat trick of goal of the season contenders from being 3-1 down. It’s such a very very odd thing to say.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Just watched MotD2

That idiot recently said on 606 that Salah is a worse diver than Neymar, and he meant it. He's got an agenda. I knew he'd go to town on Salah's reaction in the penalty area.

Week in week out players like Kane and Vardy do the same thing, no comment. Salah gets kicked from pillar to post, does it once and dicks like this fella are all over it.

It was the same with Suarez.
I've mentioned him before on here.  The man is an utter, utter, UTTER c*nt.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Can we temporarily branch out of football please?

David "Crofty" Croft on the F1. He's just doing a bad Murray impression and you can tell he grates on Martin sometimes.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Can we temporarily branch out of football please?

David "Crofty" Croft on the F1. He's just doing a bad Murray impression and you can tell he grates on Martin sometimes.
I don’t mind him, to be honest. Yes he gets a few things wrong (nowhere near as many as Murray used to, mind!), but I like his genuine enthusiasm for the sport. You can tell he’s a proper F1 geek and that comes across.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
Yeah I get enthusiasm etc but he starts screaming and shouting like something is happening, when it's Carlos sainz slowing down for a corner. Pisses me right off.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Yeah I get enthusiasm etc but he starts screaming and shouting like something is happening, when it's Carlos sainz slowing down for a corner. Pisses me right off.

Does he dance like Bolasie while so doing?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...