Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179566 times)

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #400 on: August 17, 2013, 12:25:30 pm »
Size of that studio is ridiculous..

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: August 17, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »
they needed it big enough for Owen's ego to fit in

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #402 on: August 17, 2013, 02:05:43 pm »
Those watching bt sports on a mac, do you get problems when switching to full screen?

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: August 17, 2013, 02:10:34 pm »
BT Sport app is very temperamental on Ipad
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #404 on: August 17, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »
BT Sport app is very temperamental on Ipad

can't even log in on the app on iphone!! says error each time even know password and username are right

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2013, 02:28:35 pm »
Doesnt seem to work for anyone at the minute. Got the 1st half, and cant get any video now. Ball spectacualry dropped by BT today.  :no
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Jehst1979

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2013, 02:36:28 pm »
just keeps asking me to sign in when i have already signed in, wankers.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2013, 02:39:16 pm »
if i've got a sky box can i still get bt sports on it because i get bt sports for free with the broadband?

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2013, 02:40:02 pm »
if i've got a sky box can i still get bt sports on it because i get bt sports for free with the broadband?
yes that's the way I do it

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2013, 02:41:11 pm »
I've had loads of grief with me viewing card. New one has arrived today but I've already missed your game!
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2013, 02:41:47 pm »
The online thing packed up at HT, had to go downstairs and watch the game on cable. Reckon they were by a denial of service attack from Sky's hackers.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2013, 02:47:14 pm »
yes that's the way I do it

Do i need to activate anything? Because my skybox has no subscription and not connected to phone line either

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2013, 02:51:12 pm »
Terrible, still can't log-in to get the post-match interviews. Being attacked by DoS attack. You would think they would have learned from how Sky deal with competition, remember ITV's box/card venture?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2013, 03:13:49 pm »
Do i need to activate anything? Because my skybox has no subscription and not connected to phone line either
you need to either go online or phone up to register giving the sky viewing card number of the telly you want to watch it from, they don't do multiroom :(
5 minutes later it's on, and as long as you stay with them the channel is free

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2013, 03:50:03 pm »
I got a text saying mine would take up to 3 days to activate, it's been 2 and still not done. Had to watch today's game on the computer.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2013, 07:49:17 pm »

That studio is a true olympic legacy. The production facilities are all state of the art too.

Those moaning about the Des Kelly shows need to remember these sorts of things are just to fill the schedule. The bread and butter is the live coverage which going by today ticked all the right boxes.

I found the coverage fresh and a nice alternative to the high octane style Sky employ. Getting Mark Halsey on board was a good move too.

The best thing for me though is the number of ex Liverpool players on board. It's like the anti sky. Love it. :_) We just need Thommo to jack it in at Sky and come on over and it will be perfect.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2013, 07:58:18 pm »
The bread and butter is the live coverage which going by today ticked all the right boxes.

I found the coverage fresh and a nice alternative to the high octane style Sky employ. Getting Mark Halsey on board was a good move too.

The best thing for me though is the number of ex Liverpool players on board. It's like the anti sky. Love it. :_) We just need Thommo to jack it in at Sky and come on over and it will be perfect.

Do you work for BT? It's shite with the exception of McManaman. David James is utter shit and the only other ex-LFC player is Owen and we all know he's a twat. As for Mark Halsey I'm struggling to see what the point in having him is because on today's evidence he offers fuck all insight, he just agreed with whatever his co-commentators said.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2013, 08:03:36 pm »
Halsey just agreed with every ref decision, pointless.

Owen claimed Liverpool were weak at dead ball situations just before a disallowed goal and Toure hitting the bar.
We then had another decent effort from a corner or free (second half) and he said it was the first time we had won a header in the box. 
Glad to have his insights.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2013, 08:07:40 pm »
Do you work for BT? It's shite with the exception of McManaman. David James is utter shit and the only other ex-LFC player is Owen and we all know he's a twat. As for Mark Halsey I'm struggling to see what the point in having him is because on today's evidence he offers fuck all insight, he just agreed with whatever his co-commentators said.

Add to the fact that Halsey is probably still mates/in contact with all the refs, it makes it hard for him to be ultra critical. Although there wasn't too many contentious decisions in the match today.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2013, 08:08:09 pm »

Your right maybe they should sack him and give you the job instead. If you were them and you had to get some high profile characters in who would you have gone for?

Some people spend so much time moaning they are incapable of sitting back and enjoying the show.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2013, 08:08:27 pm »
Halsey just agreed with every ref decision, pointless.

Owen claimed Liverpool were weak at dead ball situations just before a disallowed goal and Toure hitting the bar.
We then had another decent effort from a corner or free (second half) and he said it was the first time we had won a header in the box. 
Glad to have his insights.

In fairness, we would all claim that Liverpool are weak from set pieces.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2013, 08:08:53 pm »
Absolutely crap coverage. Good god.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »
In fairness, we would all claim that Liverpool are weak from set pieces.

He implied that we didn't carry any threat from them going forward, which we did in the next 2 free kicks.
Just thought it was funny. (and he's a judas little shit etc......  :no :no :no)

;)

Offline wellred82

• Kopite
« Reply #423 on: August 17, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »
I think what most of you are failing to appreciate is it took Sky years and years to perfect their product and get to the level they are at today. Nobody became perfect at anything without making any mistakes to learn from, footballers included. So do yourselves a favour and chill the kf out.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: August 17, 2013, 08:19:29 pm »
Your right maybe they should sack him and give you the job instead. If you were them and you had to get some high profile characters in who would you have gone for?

Some people spend so much time moaning they are incapable of sitting back and enjoying the show.

I enjoyed watching Liverpool, I didn't enjoy the shite the spouted by most of the BT team.

Who would I have gone for? Well BT got a couple of people right, McManaman being one and James Richardson the other. However they fucked up by not having Richardson on the Premier League team. Apart from that I'm not sure but I know I wouldn't have gone for James or Owen, any idiot could have guessed they'd be shit. Halsey was a nice idea but on today's evidence won't work (still too early to completely write that off though. Is Gabriele Marcotti involved at all in the European stuff? He knows his football.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: August 17, 2013, 08:20:31 pm »
do yourselves a favour and chill the kf out.

;D You're the only one getting wound up, everyone else just said it was shit

Offline wellred82

• Kopite
« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2013, 08:22:37 pm »
I enjoyed watching Liverpool, I didn't enjoy the shite the spouted by most of the BT team.

Who would I have gone for? Well BT got a couple of people right, McManaman being one and James Richardson the other. However they fucked up by not having Richardson on the Premier League team. Apart from that I'm not sure but I know I wouldn't have gone for James or Owen, any idiot could have guessed they'd be shit. Halsey was a nice idea but on today's evidence won't work (still too early to completely write that off though. Is Gabriele Marcotti involved at all in the European stuff? He knows his football.

I think Marcotti still has some commitments with ESPN, he would have been a great guy to go for. I think we were never supposed to see the value of having Halsey on the 1st day. Need to give it some time and at least wait for a controversial decision to come up.

Player wise though I don't think there was anyone else really who they could have gone for. Maybe Fowler.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2013, 08:26:39 pm »
Halsey is there to comment on difficult decisions; there weren't any particularly difficult ones, and Atkinson had a good game, so no controversial comments to make. Slightly more interesting was his admission that refs turn a blind eye to pushing/pulling inside the box at corners. Owen talks too much for a co-commentator (I actually enjoyed the little trailer they did of him commentating on his own goal versus Argentina), but I think David James can grow into the role; very laid back, but there's been the odd interesting comment. The presenter's an improvement on most of Sky's.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline archie

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #428 on: August 17, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »
Halsey is there to comment on difficult decisions; there weren't any particularly difficult ones, and Atkinson had a good game, so no controversial comments to make.

Be interesting to see what he says when they arise then.
Countinho was kicked around the park first half, but Atkinson let it slide for a long time imo.
He got lucky (Atkinson) when we cleared off the line from that appalling decision for a corner.
To which Halsey said something about hoping there would be a free for Liverpool.

He'll either get better or get ditched. We shall see.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #429 on: August 17, 2013, 08:47:49 pm »
They have a very good concept and the coverage could be good, they just employed shite people into the positions. I think the actual 90 minutes in a game (apart from the commentators) is better than Sky.

Owen is bland. Halsey was pointless. The main commentator didn't know anything.

That studio is also boring me already, and the big glass thing seems to be pointless as they all just stand on it and talk, not actually use it.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: August 17, 2013, 09:07:42 pm »
Is that Halsey thing gonna be permament? Good grief, that useless prick has some nerve not to mention it's utterly pointless.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #431 on: August 17, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »
Michael Owen's corker today when stoke had a corner.

"Liverpool will want to defend this"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: August 17, 2013, 09:19:55 pm »
also like the fact that they haven't got John Champion on the mike.
Agree with that, he is a huge penis head who needed removing from the world of commentary.
i like the idea of having Mark Halsey in the Commentary team:

It could be purposeful due to the impact referees do have on games, however I feel it gives them too much attention and its not realy what we want to see. I mean why the fuck does a director want to cut away from football to clip in the ref while his retired colleague evaluates his decisions? Nah. Buts its not as bad as Sky's studio audience - that is needless and hateable.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: August 17, 2013, 09:22:21 pm »
Michael Owen's corker today when stoke had a corner.

"Liverpool will want to defend this"
But didn't he admit to being a diving cheat live on telly when Sturridge didn't go down and he said he would and had?

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: August 17, 2013, 09:32:37 pm »
Being an aularse I couldn't give a fuck about all the bollox leading up to the game and the 'pundits' etc.

Seeing Brendan stood to attention with his with his hands at his sides and his belly sucked when the teamsheet graphic came on was enough for me to have a pre-match pony.

That c*nt Ray Winstones gob in front of me trying to coerce me to have a mad bet on something unrelated to the game...FFs!....wish I would have copped him in that fucking borstal I would have chivved the prik.
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2013, 09:39:44 pm »

That c*nt Ray Winstones gob in front of me trying to coerce me to have a mad bet on something unrelated to the game...FFs!....wish I would have copped him in that fucking borstal I would have chivved the prik.

Could not have said it better. 
No time for caution.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2013, 10:09:13 pm »
Being an aularse I couldn't give a fuck about all the bollox leading up to the game and the 'pundits' etc.

Seeing Brendan stood to attention with his with his hands at his sides and his belly sucked when the teamsheet graphic came on was enough for me to have a pre-match pony.

:D great post mate. We're subject to annual annoying anus analysis and adverts. I long for something fresh or even for just the big bad football bubble to burst. But if we have to tolerate certain things for BT to compete and threaten Sky, however bad they are themselves at doing it, then ok.
All of this isn't going to go away soon, if ever, because the betting markets and media hype have always thrived and survived.

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #437 on: August 18, 2013, 12:50:13 am »
This is like the wools who never went the match thread at the mo innit.

Anyway refs as pundits?  Fucking do one.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: August 18, 2013, 01:34:22 am »

Pissed myself at that picture of Brendan.

Anyone got it?

Offline vNauuuM

• Kopite
    • Rambo IPTV
« Reply #439 on: August 18, 2013, 02:57:27 am »
Was going to buy the channel then I found out there is a £15 activation fee... Wtf is this?
Twitter: Nauman_Choudry