Author Topic: Director of Photography Halyna Hutchins killed by prop gun on movie set  (Read 5212 times)

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Director of Photography Halyna Hutchins killed by prop gun on movie set
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2021, 10:22:22 pm »
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

Interesting article on the events surrounding it, including the crew going on strike 6 hours before the shooting, non union guys were brought in, general cost cutting, but also that "live" means a gun being loaded with some material such as a blank ready for filming.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2021, 02:03:17 am »
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

Interesting article on the events surrounding it, including the crew going on strike 6 hours before the shooting, non union guys were brought in, general cost cutting, but also that "live" means a gun being loaded with some material such as a blank ready for filming.
if true, I hope she gets justice and all those involved with this fuck up get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Poor woman and her family, this shit should never happen in 2021. And Baldwin must be feeling like absolute crap.

Also how does a blank shoot that far, through two people?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:32:40 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2021, 09:21:41 am »
The Guardian are now saying it was a real gun with live ammo in it.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/22/alec-baldwin-film-shooting-halyna-hutchins

Alec Baldwin was given loaded weapon and told it was safe, court records show

Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released on Friday show.

The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

The cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, was shot in the chest. The director, Joel Souza, who was standing behind her, was wounded, the records show.

The warrant was obtained on Friday so that investigators could document the scene at the ranch where the shooting took place. It notes that Baldwin’s blood-stained costume for the western film Rust was taken as evidence, as was the weapon that was fired.

Investigators also seized other prop guns and ammunition that were being used during shooting of the film, starring Baldwin.

Earlier on Friday, Baldwin described the killing as a “tragic accident”. Baldwin was performing at the time of the shooting, the sheriff’s office said. It was unclear how many rounds were fired, and little was known about the weapon.

“There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours. I’m fully cooperating with the police investigation,” Baldwin wrote on Twitter.

A sheriff’s spokesman, Juan Rios, said detectives were at the set on Friday morning gathering evidence and information.

No immediate charges were filed, and Baldwin was permitted to travel, he said.
“He’s a free man,” Rios said.

Guns used in making movies are sometimes real weapons that can fire either bullets or blanks, which are gunpowder charges that produce a flash and a bang but no deadly projectile. However, even blanks can eject hot gases and paper or plastic wadding from the barrel that can be lethal at close range. That proved to be the case in the death of an actor in 1984.

In another on-set accident in 1993, the actor Brandon Lee was killed after a bullet was left in a prop gun, and similar shootings have occurred involving stage weapons that were loaded with live rounds.

Gun-safety protocol on sets in the US has improved since then, said Steven Hall, a veteran director of photography in Britain. But he said one of the riskiest positions was behind the camera because that person is in the line of fire in scenes during which an actor appears to point a gun at the audience.

Hutchins, 42, was airlifted to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Souza, 48, who was wounded in the collarbone area, was taken by ambulance to a medical center.

“This investigation remains open and active,” Rios said in a statement.

One of Hutchins’ final social media posts was a photo of the Rust actors standing together in solidarity with crew members. She belonged to the IATSE union, which represents crew members. The union is to vote soon on a new contract with producers after threatening to strike in recent weeks over issues including long hours and on-set safety.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2021, 09:28:49 am »
if true, I hope she gets justice and all those involved with this fuck up get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Poor woman and her family, this shit should never happen in 2021. And Baldwin must be feeling like absolute crap.

Also how does a blank shoot that far, through two people?

I think there is a lot that hasn't come out about this, it doesn't make sense. But if the post that Andy has just posted is true, it is just beyond comprehension that they are allowed to use real guns and live ammo.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2021, 09:34:34 am »
I think there is a lot that hasn't come out about this, it doesn't make sense. But if the post that Andy has just posted is true, it is just beyond comprehension that they are allowed to use real guns and live ammo.
indeed, sounds like working conditions where crap as well.

And surely Alec has been told before to not fire a gun (prop or not) not directly at a person? Without at least a protective barrier.

All the protocols seems to have been missed, and surely a manslaughter charge or something will happen to someone.

From what I have heard, the gun needs to pass through 2 or 3 people for a safety inspection, lastly an actor should be aware of all protections and inspections. Along with distancing protocols and protective barriers. None of this seems to have happened?

Also it seems Alec has a lot more to fucking answer to, he seems highly invested into the company that should ensure safe work practices. His name is all over el dorado pictures who ran production.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 09:49:23 am by stevensr123 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2021, 10:56:50 am »
indeed, sounds like working conditions where crap as well.

And surely Alec has been told before to not fire a gun (prop or not) not directly at a person? Without at least a protective barrier.

All the protocols seems to have been missed, and surely a manslaughter charge or something will happen to someone.

From what I have heard, the gun needs to pass through 2 or 3 people for a safety inspection, lastly an actor should be aware of all protections and inspections. Along with distancing protocols and protective barriers. None of this seems to have happened?

Also it seems Alec has a lot more to fucking answer to, he seems highly invested into the company that should ensure safe work practices. His name is all over el dorado pictures who ran production.
Him being a producer you mean?

Well that can mean a big involvement, or it can mean a very minimal involvement but they end up getting a share of the profits

I wouldn’t read anything in to that right now.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2021, 11:42:34 am »
It's obviously terrible and RIP to the poor woman.

This sounds like it needs to be thoroughly investigated before anyone can say yes or no to whether criminal negligence from someone was involved.
Linudden.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2021, 11:44:21 am »
Him being a producer you mean?

Well that can mean a big involvement, or it can mean a very minimal involvement but they end up getting a share of the profits

I wouldn’t read anything in to that right now.
nah I don’t mean the fact he was “producer” of the rust production company(which is just a shell company), but more around the fact he seems very senior and closely aligned to the parent company. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he is owner of the said company - because everything I am reading is leading to that.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2021, 11:46:16 am »
It's obviously terrible and RIP to the poor woman.

This sounds like it needs to be thoroughly investigated before anyone can say yes or no to whether criminal negligence from someone was involved.
surely it’s criminal negligence regardless?

This shit should not happen, and there is enough experience, protocols and industry standards to say this is criminal negligence from multiple people - a company and it’s employees have a legal obligation to ensure a safe working environment is present.

The fact a woman, wife, daughter, mom has died shows there was criminal negligence.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 11:49:29 am by stevensr123 »

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2021, 12:00:34 pm »
surely it’s criminal negligence regardless?

This shit should not happen, and there is enough experience, protocols and industry standards to say this is criminal negligence from multiple people - a company and it’s employees have a legal obligation to ensure a safe working environment is present.

The fact a woman, wife, daughter, mom has died shows there was criminal negligence.

I lean towards yes, but as always, a court must look at the evidence and deliver a verdict. What really needs to come out of this though is to completely and unreservedly ban live ammunition even to be on the site of a movie set involving guns.
Linudden.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2021, 12:37:12 pm »
I lean towards yes, but as always, a court must look at the evidence and deliver a verdict. What really needs to come out of this though is to completely and unreservedly ban live ammunition even to be on the site of a movie set involving guns.
there is already a ban on “live” ammunition.

The problem is real guns are still used, they are not “props” like the name suggests. And also protocol clearly weren’t even followed to mitigate risk.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2021, 01:04:29 pm »
there is already a ban on “live” ammunition.

The problem is real guns are still used, they are not “props” like the name suggests. And also protocol clearly weren’t even followed to mitigate risk.

Yeah the word "prop" means Property of the Studio. Literally anything touched by an actor in production is a prop.

I am not sure on banning all real guns, studios have used them safely for ages, 28 years since the last similar incident. But surely something has to be looked into production here as it appears that major corners have been cut and staff generally treated terribly (and seemingly cheaper staff brought in as a response rather than resolving concerns)

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2021, 01:21:13 pm »
For those of you wondering why two were shot, it seems they were standing one behind the other. The bullet travelled through her and struck him in the shoulder.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2021, 01:48:16 pm »
For those of you wondering why two were shot, it seems they were standing one behind the other. The bullet travelled through her and struck him in the shoulder.
If that's so it must surely have been a live round?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2021, 02:06:51 pm »
Indeed, no blank can cause something like this. Unless something was lodged. Which is an indication that a proper inspection wasn’t carried out.

Even then, from what I have heard, he should have never have pointed a prop gun at a person, at least without them having protective barriers in front.

Multiple failures seems to have happened. And it seems like the organisation was failing in many ways.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2021, 02:09:03 pm »
Indeed, no blank can cause something like this. Unless something was lodged. Which is an indication that a proper inspection wasn’t carried out.

Even then, from what I have heard, he should have never have pointed a prop gun at a person, at least without them having protective barriers in front.

Multiple failures seems to have happened. And it seems like the organisation was failing in many ways.

Aren’t you one of these Trump supporters though? You are bound to place blame at Alec Baldwin after he has been having you lot off for years.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2021, 02:48:28 pm »

It's quite difficult to keep up with this story because so much keeps coming out, but if it's similar to how Brandon Lee died (squib shot) then it might not have been a live round, but it'd have been as good as.

One thing's for sure, it's an almighty fuck-up on a multitude of levels and could very well be a tragic consequence of the industry-wide unsafe working conditions IATSE are trying to put a stop to.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2021, 04:21:34 pm »
It's quite difficult to keep up with this story because so much keeps coming out, but if it's similar to how Brandon Lee died (squib shot) then it might not have been a live round, but it'd have been as good as.

One thing's for sure, it's an almighty fuck-up on a multitude of levels and could very well be a tragic consequence of the industry-wide unsafe working conditions IATSE are trying to put a stop to.

To have penetrated one person and then gone into another it will have had to have been a cartridge containing an actual
bullet, the wadding they use in a blank round won't have the penetrating force to pass through a person, it's going to flatten  on impact.

Aren’t you one of these Trump supporters though? You are bound to place blame at Alec Baldwin after he has been having you lot off for years.

First thing I was told when I joined the gun club was never point a firearm at someone unless you intend to kill them. Blanks can kill, it should have been drummed into everyone on set by the armourer that you do not point anything at anyone unless told to do so.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2021, 06:29:28 pm »
Thanks! Thought I was going insane.

Sorry mate, my answer should have been they don't use live rounds if everything is done properly.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2021, 06:38:22 pm »
Yeah the word "prop" means Property of the Studio. Literally anything touched by an actor in production is a prop.

I am not sure on banning all real guns, studios have used them safely for ages, 28 years since the last similar incident. But surely something has to be looked into production here as it appears that major corners have been cut and staff generally treated terribly (and seemingly cheaper staff brought in as a response rather than resolving concerns)

'Prop' was a term used in theatre long before films and the derivation is thought to be that they were items that the property of the theatre rather than the actors, who would often have their own costumes and wigs.

Props aren't fakes. They can be but can also be real items. A prop gun in films is likely to be a real gun loaded with blanks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2021, 07:38:08 pm »

It seems to me you're making a lot of assumptions and accusations with very little knowledge or evidence of what occurred. It's an absolute tragedy what happened to that poor woman, and someone at some stage evidently fucked up for it to happen, but it seems you're trying very hard to put the blame on Baldwin.

First, they were rehearsing a scene. We don't know if that scene required Baldwin to fire the gun in the general direction of the camera, if the DP and director were trying to figure out what the best framing for the shot was, or if he was asked to shoot the gun. We don't know any of it, so saying he shouldn't be pointing the gun in the general direction of anyone, when we don't know what was required of him, is just ignorant and unfair.

Secondly, your point about the production being a mess and Baldwin having a lot to explain, probably because he was listed as one of the executive producers. First, let's try to understand what an executive producer actually does. Usually (but not always), they invest some money on the production, they try to attract and secure funds, or they have some kind of advisory role, but they don't actually do much day to day producing per se, especially if they're also the lead actor of the film. So blaming him for the filming conditions, when there are actual producers involved with that, seems also really unfair.

Another thing we must acknowledge, is that low budget productions, are always a bit chaotic and working conditions are not always the best. Is that an excuse for what happened? Absolutely not, but I'm trying to downplay the "chaotic filming conditions" angle as the main reason for what transpired, because that's usually how they are.

So yeah, I think waiting for the investigation to conclude what actually happened seems the most sensible thing to do.

Edit: It seems I was mistaken about Baldwin being listed as an executive producer. The paper I originally read in the news, named him as such, but he is listed as a co-producer on every site I read. It still doesn't change my point, as I doubt he was actually running much of the day to day production, but it still is worth acknowledging my mistake. Usually, small budget films try to attach big names actors or directors into production roles (be that producer or executive producer) to try to get more support for funds and distribution, but they are normally producers in name only.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:45:20 pm by Lastrador »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Re: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2021, 12:28:52 am »
Surprised Trump or one of his shit head sons haven't had a pop at this yet.

Had to happen. Scum.

Donald Trump jnr sells t-shirts mocking Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ set tragedy

Donald Trump jnr is using a tragedy to mock the actor who skewered his father on Saturday Night Live.

A T-shirt that reads “Guns Don’t Kill People, Alec Baldwin Kills People” is selling for $US27.99 on a merchandise site linked to the former president’s namesake son. The reference is to last week’s killing of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, who was hit by discharge from a prop gun while working on the Baldwin film Rust.

Baldwin, the film’s star, was handling the weapon from which the fatal shot was fired. The movie’s director was injured too.

Trump jnr‘s merchandise site also sells shirts that read “My God, My Family, My Guns & My Freedom.” The 43-year-old scion is a vocal gun advocate who frequently poses with firearms and posts photos of animals he’s killed. Last year, he hosted an Alaskan hunting trip to raise money for Safari Club International.

Other right-wing pundits also teed up on Baldwin after Hutchins’ death. Commentator Candace Owens accused Baldwin of the “murder” of “innocent people,” which she later corrected.

GOP Representative Lauren Boebert and Republican senate candidate J.D. Vance mocked Baldwin, with the latter asking that the former president be reinstated on Twitter so he could address his former tormentor.

Those comments drew fire from his Democratic rival in Ohio, Tim Ryan, who tweeted “Someone died, you a—hole.”

Baldwin’s impression of former president Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live angered The Donald, who questioned the long-running program’s legality in a 2018 Twitter rant about “unfair news coverage”.

Trump and Baldwin feuded on Twitter in March of that year with the 45th president claiming the actor’s “dying mediocre career” was revived by his impersonation of the commander in chief. Trump was banned from the platform following the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol.

Baldwin tweeted his feelings of “shock and sadness” following Thursday’s fatal shooting and said he was cooperating with investigators. He had reportedly been told the firearm was “cold”.

According to a new affidavit, Baldwin was training his pistol on a camera when the shot was fired from his gun.

Joel Souza, the Rust director, reportedly claimed Baldwin was rehearsing a “cross draw” at the time of the killing. The filmmaker said he was looking over Hutchins’ shoulder and heard “a whip and then loud pop” before the two of them were struck.

Hilaria Baldwin, the 63-year-old actor’s wife, tweeted her sympathies for Hutchins, her family and her own husband as well.

“My heart is with Halyna,” she wrote Monday on Instagram. “Her husband. Her son. Their family and loved ones. And my Alec.”

New York Daily News

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/donald-trump-jnr-sells-t-shirts-mocking-alec-baldwin-rust-set-tragedy-20211026-p59335.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2021, 01:25:04 pm »
Head of Lighting on the set of Rust has filed a lawsuit against Alec Baldwin and others. What a mess.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/11/rust-shooting-head-of-lighting-sues-alec-baldwin-and-others

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 2, 2021, 12:03:37 pm »
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1466104944059199489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1466104944059199489%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fentertainment-arts-59499237

So Baldwin looks like he is trying to now 'lead the narrative' as the lawyers say in getting out his side of the story. Suppose its always difficult for such a talented actor to be trusted in these circumstances too, so that's tough.

One thing completely off point really but it drives me nuts with American tv, this is a really sensitive and serious news story, but that twitter video from ABC news is edited together like some film trailer. Why do you have to throw all kinds of high tempo, dramatic music all over it, building it up like some kind of superbowl event or the latest Bond film. I mean have some fucking sensitivity for crying out loud. 

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #64 on: December 2, 2021, 12:11:42 pm »
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1466104944059199489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1466104944059199489%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fentertainment-arts-59499237

So Baldwin looks like he is trying to now 'lead the narrative' as the lawyers say in getting out his side of the story. Suppose its always difficult for such a talented actor to be trusted in these circumstances too, so that's tough.

One thing completely off point really but it drives me nuts with American tv, this is a really sensitive and serious news story, but that twitter video from ABC news is edited together like some film trailer. Why do you have to throw all kinds of high tempo, dramatic music all over it, building it up like some kind of superbowl event or the latest Bond film. I mean have some fucking sensitivity for crying out loud.

'Americans' and 'sensitivity'... yeeeaahhhh....

;D

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 2, 2021, 12:47:35 pm »

Is he legally allowed to do that sort of interview before a trial? Is he not prejudicing a jury by doing that on national TV?