Author Topic: Atletico Madrid v Liverpool Champions League match day 3 Tuesday 19/10/2021  (Read 12783 times)

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Anti football night tonight….  2 things that i think are really important

First goal is absolutely crucial

We do not want to be relying on scoring a goal with 20 minutes left to go.     That 20 mins will seem like 2 mins because of sh*thousery

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Hope we batter the c*nts.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I absolutely despise Atletico, they're the worst kind of snidey, whiney, diving fucks around. For a team that has spent so much over the last couple of years they are the true embodiment of boring.

Playing against them is dull and soul sucking. I would love a 1-0 and no injuries for the weekend please.

and this is why I was at least releaved we are playing them in the middle portion of the group, means that with 2 wins previously, it is not a high pressure situation for us needing to win.  As there would be nothing more infuriating than having to put up with their time wasting and cheating while having to get the points. 

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
score first and i think we bring home the 3 points

if they score before us then i think that it be a repeat of the chelsea game. they bunker down and park the bus while we huff and puff with no end result.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Two draws coming up with these (which is fine).  We just never seem to be able to crack them, or Sevilla.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
I usually love a good pessimistic, cynical rant and this one is no exception as it's spot on. Soul sucking is the right word. They are horrible to watch and I'd fill my eye sockets with lye if I had to support that shite every week. They are the kid that turns off the playstation and runs out right before you win so you can't claim victory, doing whatever it takes no matter how disgusting.

Simeone would steal his nans elecy card in December if it meant winning the coin toss so will expect nothing less than the usual shithousery that you forget is even possible until you watch them.

Already getting those half time feelings of wanting to flip my dining table through the window so won't have much expectations for this. As others have said I'd take a draw and no injuries right now.
Glad to help ;) I've already got my bottle of wine ready, it's the only thing that will keep me from kicking something when they start rolling around in the 2nd minute.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Conversely i dont mind watching them play other teams i really dont like as its kind of amusing to watch the shithousery unfold.

Haha, terrible isn't it, but yeah it's only good when not happening to us. Love watching them play the Mancs or similar. Best thing our players can do is not let them wind you up but a lot easier said than done.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Two draws coming up with these (which is fine).  We just never seem to be able to crack them, or Sevilla.

At least its not Napoli away

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
3 points please. Happy days.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Haha, terrible isn't it, but yeah it's only good when not happening to us. Love watching them play the Mancs or similar. Best thing our players can do is not let them wind you up but a lot easier said than done.
Luis especially, can be a proper shithouse sometimes, but I'd like to see him get a good ole clunking if he starts with his antics!
A proper English tackle from Milner or Henderson- whoever plays, will set him straight!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely hate playing these. One of those teams that always seem to get a result against us, even when it's wholly undeserved. I don't think we'll see many changes for this one, even with the mancs following. I really want us to batter them, but would also be more than happy with a draw.

Thanks Brain for the OP.
This just about sums it up for me. But .... I do think we are riding a wave right now and if we get out in front and draw them out we could whip 'em. That would be cool !!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
The key here is to take our chances. They won't give up that many so if we create a few good opportunities then we simply must take them. Otherwise they'll grow into the game.

I remember the game at Anfield in 2020 right before lockdown. We should have been 4-0 up at HT but somehow conspired to miss chance after chances and made it very difficult for ourselves before Adrian gift wrapped the game for them in ET.
Take our chances and score early. That will make it a bit open.
They know this, so they'll defend like mad for the first 20 minutes.

score first and i think we bring home the 3 points

if they score before us then i think that it be a repeat of the chelsea game. they bunker down and park the bus while we huff and puff with no end result.

Exactly!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Don't see us going there and winning but it'd be a bit disappointing to lose the way we're playing at the minute. Draw would be a very good result.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Don't see us going there and winning but it'd be a bit disappointing to lose the way we're playing at the minute. Draw would be a very good result.

That's the spirit  :o ;D

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Let’s twat these fucking shithouses.

3-0 to the Reds. Diogo’s turn tonight.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
That's the spirit  :o ;D
Well that's what these soul-sucking leeches usually hope for... and that's the outlook their "brand" of football creates. A dull, dreary, frustrating and predictable affair with a sort of predictable outcome.
It's spirit-crushing and they make you sick. They strangle any hope and the life out of their opponents. So the psychological battle is won before a ball is kicked(at least as far as the supporters are concerned)

Hope we smash them in front of their own supporters! (and play a bit dirty as well just to wind them up even more- ripe for the return to Anfield)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 05:49:20 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I presume the same team as Saturday except Fabinho for Milner.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
I presume the same team as Saturday except Fabinho for Milner.

Ali in goal

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can rest VVD and Robbo without worrying about the replacements and I suspect that’s exactly what we’ll do.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
what time is the team normally announced for an 8pm ko?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
what time is the team normally announced for an 8pm ko?
Seems to be 6.45 in Europe.
AHA!

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really looking forward to this game, think we owe them a good spanking.

If we play our game then all we need is a strong performance from the Ref and we should have the beating of Diego's Boys. Getting through the game without any injuries would be nice.

Still cant figure how they done us twice last season.

Lets see another cracker from Mo.    :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Can't wait for the team news.
I'm hyped!

We'll smash 'em!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Looks like same 11 as Saturday bar Alisson in goal
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Looks like same 11 as Saturday

Surely not. Alisson and Fabinho?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Surely not. Alisson and Fabinho?
Sorry was too quick off the mark. Alisson in is the only change

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry was too quick off the mark. Alisson in is the only change

Buzzing for this and made up to see the same team again. Fab having a solid rest before he eats United alive at the Weekend. Hopefully Naby can remain fit after this and build on a very good performance at the weekend.

Be lovely to get a win here, do that and we're all but qualified.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
The lineups in the CL come out an hour before, right?

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Fabinho, Konate, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Origi, Phillips, Williams.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
The lineups in the CL come out an hour before, right?
Was released just before 6:40. Used to be quarter to the hour but seem to come out slightly earlier now

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
Same as the weekend. ( Bar Becker: edit)

If we play the same way, same result
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:47:26 pm by gemofabird »
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Thought for sure Fabinho would start but that's the only surprise of sorts. Good team.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy enough with the team, just praying they all get through safely.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Suarez on their bench.
AHA!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Henderson played really well at DM on Saturday and do we need both him and Fabinho against such a negative team is probably the thinking behind it.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Fabinho, Konate, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Origi, Phillips, Williams.

thanks. think we will hopefully see keita with a more freer box to box role if Ath madrid decide to sit deep. he is one who can pick locks.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
Perhaps Hendo and Milner to go head to head with them and then bring on runners when Atletico tire?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Brazil ran Fab in to the ground so a game off won't hurt. I know he missed the weekend but Brazil didn't finish till Friday morning so not like he's had much recovery already.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Thought for sure Fabinho would start but that's the only surprise of sorts. Good team.

I guess part of the reason he isn’t starting is cos they like to train before hand with the team they are going with, and Fab has of course been in Spain. Easy enough to switch in the goalie though.

With 5 subs, we may see him for a bit!