Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 146651 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #1840 on: September 12, 2021, 03:00:47 pm »
It's pretty easy actually, the emulator is called Ryujinx:
https://ryujinx.org/

Then you can use Emusak to download the firmware and keys you need to run the emulators. Along with shaders for particular games that you have.
https://github.com/CapitaineJSparrow/emusak-ui

That's all you need, plus the games. If you need help PM me.
Have you tried BOTW on it? I'm worried if the Gyro controls/puzzles can work properly on PC (I do have a DS4 though).
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1841 on: September 13, 2021, 04:42:04 pm »
Really looking forward to GT7, going back to the old school carpg formula.

Been holding off on the PS5 so far, but think that I'll end up trying to pick one up to coincide with the release of GT7*.  Having said that, there wasn't a great deal in that trailer that I found particular exciting - I suppose the formula isn't particularly broken and evolution is fine though.  With three years of updates, GT Sport became a pretty solid single-player game and online seemed good too.

I think further improvements to the AI are key to enhancing the GT experience - far to often in single-player mode I find that your car selection either determines that you can't or that you should win the race, and you're only ever really competition against your own ability.  Would like a touch more frustration and a sense of 'getting stuck' - greater challenges to overcome during races.

*That is, unless anyone can persuade me that the experience of playing RDR2 or TLOU2 on PS5 is miles better than on PS4?  I think I've only got those two and the most recent Tomb Raider yet to play.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1842 on: September 13, 2021, 05:21:10 pm »

*That is, unless anyone can persuade me that the experience of playing RDR2 or TLOU2 on PS5 is miles better than on PS4?  I think I've only got those two and the most recent Tomb Raider yet to play.

RDR2 on PS5 is identical to PS4 pro. TLOU2 had a 60fps patch so it plays alot smoother compared to PS4 but there's no graphical enchancments.

I'd wait till there's something you want on PS5 like GT7 first.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1843 on: September 13, 2021, 05:51:10 pm »
RDR2 on PS5 is identical to PS4 pro. TLOU2 had a 60fps patch so it plays alot smoother compared to PS4 but there's no graphical enchancments.

I'd wait till there's something you want on PS5 like GT7 first.

Cheers.

I suppose without experience of having played TLOU2 on PS5 for even a few moments, I can't even really comprehend what 'smoother' would be like anyway - so, like you say, I might as well wait!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1844 on: September 13, 2021, 06:43:34 pm »
RDR2 on PS5 is identical to PS4 pro

Shamefully true this. Wouldn't take much to enable either.

Maybe they'll want you to pay for it. In a few years. With no other enhancements.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: September 13, 2021, 07:18:54 pm »
Deathloop scoring high reviews.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: September 13, 2021, 07:43:45 pm »
GAME have some for sale tomorrow morning.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: September 14, 2021, 08:26:35 am »
Just got one from Argos. Independent saying its Friday for Game, PS5 stock checker on twitter saying 9-11am today. Very catalogue have them too today.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:37:58 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: September 14, 2021, 03:38:35 pm »
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1437763297739264004?s=19

Starting tomorrow you can take advantage of the SSD expansion slot on the PS5. Bit pricey though the compatiable ones.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1849 on: September 15, 2021, 04:41:46 am »
fuck me, some miserable fuckers in here lol

that was a really strong showing from sony's showcase, easily the best of the bunch of the big companies (tho xbox was decent in various ways) in recent times, what, the last 12 to 18 months?

KOTOR is easily my fav star wars game (and one of my fav games of all time) and if they can do an updated game that does the original justice, will be some game and i was admittedly kinda jaw dropped by that from the off

Insomniac with two big hitters

God of War 2

for those that like them, GT is another big hitter

I dont know what people expect, 30 triple A games or something?

You could make the argument that there's not much in the way of new IP (of the big games presented only Wolverine 'has a case' and even that isn't new IP), so if that makes the showcase a write off for those looking for it, then yeah, you can wallow in your misery with some justification (tho thinking about it... Project Eve (no relation to Parasite Eve), Forspoken, Ghostwire and Tchia, with most of those looking like major titles, not so shabby)

creating new IP is a problem in general in gaming, it kinda always has been tho, cos we always want the sequels to our favourite games but expect big budgets on something totally new from those kind of studios

i recall going to a press event in london where Jade Empire 2 was being promoted (among other games), which thrilled me cos i fucking love the original, only to find out months later that bioware had 'shelved' it for doing their new IP - that turned out to be Mass Effect, i was super pissed...

do i still want Jade Empire 2? fuck yeah, but would i have wanted to miss out on Mass Effect, fuck no

only certain size/invested in studios can knock out triple A titles, even tho the profits can be huge the lay out for major titles is enourmous as well, so it's not straightforward for any company to pile a shitload of money into something new and possibly risky when they have an almost guarantee with a sequel (if that sequel is a top game, i dont problem with that, im a zelda and FF fan for fuck sake, numerous sequels, most of which i loved, early on anyway)

there are smaller studios that sure can knock out very good games and hugely successful ones - recent example being Hades - but these aren't the triple A titles that wow at showcases

and unfortunately you have the turd in the punchbowl that is mobile gaming, which isn't going to wow anyone at a showcase but is the most profitable element of the games industry now, sad as that is personally, cos im never playing a fucking game on a phone

so yeah, i think that sony showcase was strong as fuck
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 05:15:06 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1850 on: September 15, 2021, 05:52:48 pm »
Went to view a house today and they had a PS5 in their lounge.

Big bastard innit.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1851 on: September 15, 2021, 06:03:37 pm »
ooh new firmware

- allows SSDs to be installed!
- enables 3D audio for your telly speakers!
- other stuff about which I care not

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #1852 on: September 15, 2021, 06:52:51 pm »
Went to view a house today and they had a PS5 in their lounge.

Big bastard innit.
Must’ve been tricky for you to carry it out under your arm without anyone noticing  :D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: September 15, 2021, 06:57:04 pm »
Think a game not getting enough attention from the showcase is Forspoken.

Personally can’t wait for that, looks like it’ll be fun to waste a few hours on just roaming around.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1854 on: September 15, 2021, 07:21:26 pm »
SSD compatibility is pain

NVMe PCIe 4
Read speed of 5500MB/s or faster
Heatsink

The first 2 points are checked when you plug one in. The heatsink isn't checked but it does make the drive work better

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1855 on: September 15, 2021, 07:38:43 pm »
Must’ve been tricky for you to carry it out under your arm without anyone noticing  :D

I'm not a weightlifter mate :D

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: September 16, 2021, 08:25:42 am »
SSD compatibility is pain

NVMe PCIe 4
Read speed of 5500MB/s or faster
Heatsink

The first 2 points are checked when you plug one in. The heatsink isn't checked but it does make the drive work better

I don't think it's a pain, there's plenty of info already on what's suitable. You can buy the ssd with heatsink already built in but it's much cheaper to buy the ssd and heatsink separately and it's pretty much plug and play.

https://www.ign.com/articles/these-perfect-ps5-ssds-are-on-sale-uk
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1857 on: September 16, 2021, 09:27:15 am »
Just buy an external SSD and store and play all your PS4 games from there. If you buy a larger capacity one on sale or something, you can even store PS5 games there and just keep moving them to the internal when you want to play it. I do that for the Series X and it takes like maybe 3 mins to move a 100GB game.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1858 on: September 21, 2021, 09:42:27 am »
Great reviews for Kena Bridge of Spirits which came out digitally today. I've seen there will be a disc version in November so I'll wait till then to get it (unless it has a sale!).

Currently 85: https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/kena-bridge-of-spirits

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: September 23, 2021, 12:17:03 pm »
Argos canceled my order for the PS5 after taking the money, but managed to get one from Amazon this morning. Fucking hell, its a heavy bastard.

Had to give the driver a security code they had emailed me before I could have it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: September 28, 2021, 08:38:22 am »
Finally managed to get one ordered today, via EE - pretty good as you can add to your phone contract and spread the cost over 11 months interest free.

Anyway, what games should I be looking at? I loved the first Spider-Man game so will definitely look to get Miles Morales, and Deathloop looks great.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: September 28, 2021, 09:10:13 am »
Finally managed to get one ordered today, via EE - pretty good as you can add to your phone contract and spread the cost over 11 months interest free.

Anyway, what games should I be looking at? I loved the first Spider-Man game so will definitely look to get Miles Morales, and Deathloop looks great.

Fuckers were trying to force me into an upgrade, SIM only and don't want a new phone when there is nothing wrong with the one I have, wanted to get one for a friends son as we are sorted for our lad. :no

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1862 on: September 28, 2021, 09:14:36 am »

You can’t really go wrong with just playing Astro’s Playroom, wonderful little introduction to a console.
AHA!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1863 on: September 28, 2021, 09:21:41 am »
You can’t really go wrong with just playing Astro’s Playroom, wonderful little introduction to a console.

I thought that, it only took 2 short sessions to finish though, so not exactly something to keep him going long term!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: September 28, 2021, 09:43:12 am »

Demon's Souls is a definite. Kena is getting great reviews but I'm yet to give it a go! Death Stranding Director's Cut, the original is a masterpiece!

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1865 on: September 28, 2021, 05:33:55 pm »
If you don't mind somewhat difficult games, give Returnal a go.

The new Ratchet game is really good as well.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: September 28, 2021, 05:58:15 pm »
If you don't mind somewhat difficult games, give Returnal a go.

The new Ratchet game is really good as well.

Yeah I can echo that..never got round to finishing returnal though it's a really impressive game.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1867 on: September 29, 2021, 06:36:29 pm »

Final Fantasy 7 remake is absolutely brilliant and there is a PS5 erosion able mow.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1868 on: October 23, 2021, 08:33:04 am »
Anyone had problems with stick drift?

Been having it for a couple of weeks, can kind of fix it but it usually comes back after a couple of days, now it's lucky to last 20 mins, absolute fucking junk

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1869 on: October 23, 2021, 05:02:44 pm »
Anyone had problems with stick drift?

Been having it for a couple of weeks, can kind of fix it but it usually comes back after a couple of days, now it's lucky to last 20 mins, absolute fucking junk

I've had it happen to my dualsense. Phoned PlayStation and had it replaced.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1870 on: October 23, 2021, 05:13:44 pm »
Mate of mine is still trying to get one, crazy that they still set out so quickly. CEX still got them on sale for.700 quid, professional fucking scalpers.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: October 23, 2021, 06:37:01 pm »
Mate of mine is still trying to get one, crazy that they still set out so quickly. CEX still got them on sale for.700 quid, professional fucking scalpers.

It’s honestly not that hard, it took me about a week of putting a lot of effort into it and I got one and that was in January when virtually nobody had them.

ShopTo have them In frequently, granted they sell out in minutes but if you’re on the ball you’ll have a good chance of getting one (I’ve had the opportunity to buy them a couple times by just noticing they were on sale and trying to get through for mates).

There’s also a decent number of accounts on Twitter who are mostly correct in when the drops are going to happen.

Agree on CEX though, it’s an absolute joke.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1872 on: October 25, 2021, 02:06:30 pm »
Cex are a bunch of tossers.

My favourite thing now when I'm bored is agreeing to buy them off scalpers on Facebook and just not turning up.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1873 on: November 2, 2021, 04:43:20 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LikCPHJDVrY

Could Kratos do a job for us?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1874 on: November 17, 2021, 05:44:05 pm »
PS5’s sold 12.8 million compared to Xbox 6.7 million sales in total is wild. I think this might be Microsoft’s last console gen and they go full streaming service.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: November 17, 2021, 05:54:51 pm »
It’s honestly not that hard, it took me about a week of putting a lot of effort into it and I got one and that was in January when virtually nobody had them.

ShopTo have them In frequently, granted they sell out in minutes but if you’re on the ball you’ll have a good chance of getting one (I’ve had the opportunity to buy them a couple times by just noticing they were on sale and trying to get through for mates).

There’s also a decent number of accounts on Twitter who are mostly correct in when the drops are going to happen.

Agree on CEX though, it’s an absolute joke.

You obviously aren't trying to get one now then. When playstation direct opened the other day, I was on before the opening and ended up 15,000 in the queue, with an hours wait, some others ended up 30,000 and higher. They sold out in under 15 minutes. I have managed to get two, one for my son i got in September and another for a mates son today, both off Amazon and that was just because I was following a stock checker on twitter and was sat with my laptop at the ready. I have tried and failed with Very, Argos, Game, Shop2, AO etc etc as the queues are always massive and they sell out in minutes.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1876 on: November 17, 2021, 08:09:40 pm »
They do sell out fast on the stock drops but it's not hard if you put a bit of effort into it and follow a few of the twitter accounts with notifications on. I've been living in New Zealand for 2 years and just got back 2 days ago. Got one already just by following the stock drop updates and clicking the link as soon as the notification comes through. Got one through game this morning with no problems and I have plenty of mates who have done the same

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: November 17, 2021, 09:14:35 pm »
You obviously aren't trying to get one now then. When playstation direct opened the other day, I was on before the opening and ended up 15,000 in the queue, with an hours wait, some others ended up 30,000 and higher. They sold out in under 15 minutes. I have managed to get two, one for my son i got in September and another for a mates son today, both off Amazon and that was just because I was following a stock checker on twitter and was sat with my laptop at the ready. I have tried and failed with Very, Argos, Game, Shop2, AO etc etc as the queues are always massive and they sell out in minutes.

I’m not trying now, no, I got mine in January thankfully (which was not long after they’d released, I think it was only the 3rd drop of them in the U.K.).

When I got mine PS Direct wasn’t around (it’s quite a new thing isn’t it for the U.K.)?

I’ve had mates who have said they’d get one if they could so for that reason I’ve kept an eye on them until quite recently, I’ve been in a position to buy them on ShopTo a couple of times but the mate who I’ve asked has never actually wanted it.

When I say ‘not that hard’ I’m talking contextually as some people will tell you they’re like rocking horse shit which hasn’t really been my experience of it, you’ve got to be on the ball and doing the things you describe, so I suppose it is ‘hard’ in that sense but not as difficult as people sometimes make it out to be, the fact that you’ve successfully bought 2 kind of proves my point.  That said it’s a month before Christmas now it may well now be an absolute nightmare for all I know.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:16:33 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1878 on: November 17, 2021, 09:18:06 pm »
I have a Curry's Vip code for anyone still trying to get one. Not sure if they guarantee you one or not but figured I'd offer it to someone. Think you need to claim it by the 20th.

Anyway, if anyone wants it then dm me
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 09:20:20 pm by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: November 18, 2021, 09:42:23 am »
I have a Curry's Vip code for anyone still trying to get one. Not sure if they guarantee you one or not but figured I'd offer it to someone. Think you need to claim it by the 20th.

Anyway, if anyone wants it then dm me

Me please!
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05