Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 147322 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #1880 on: November 18, 2021, 10:00:56 am »

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1881 on: November 18, 2021, 04:20:42 pm »
Some on argos.com now
Nah.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: December 5, 2021, 06:02:55 pm »
Hello

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to where to buy the PlayStation plus membership from? They was on sale for Black Friday but I didn’t have the PlayStation then. Any pointers would be appreciated as I am new to this!
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1883 on: December 5, 2021, 07:50:20 pm »
Hello

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to where to buy the PlayStation plus membership from? They was on sale for Black Friday but I didn’t have the PlayStation then. Any pointers would be appreciated as I am new to this!

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-uk

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1884 on: December 6, 2021, 09:07:10 am »
Has anyone experienced an issue with the BluRay player whereby there’s only sound but no picture and/or a flickering screen? It is really weird and only occurs with BluRays, regular DVDs are fine and all the games Ive played are fine.

I’m beginning to think it may be a compatibility issue with the TV as I’ve just noticed that if I plug the HDMI into either 1 or 2 (it’s been on 3 since I bought it) that I get the same issue with anything on the PS5 and can’t even see the Home Screen.

I don’t overly mind as I rarely watch BluRays but it is concerning it may be indicative of a wider issue, im hoping it is the tele to be honest.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1885 on: December 6, 2021, 09:39:47 am »
Has anyone experienced an issue with the BluRay player whereby there’s only sound but no picture and/or a flickering screen? It is really weird and only occurs with BluRays, regular DVDs are fine and all the games Ive played are fine.

I’m beginning to think it may be a compatibility issue with the TV as I’ve just noticed that if I plug the HDMI into either 1 or 2 (it’s been on 3 since I bought it) that I get the same issue with anything on the PS5 and can’t even see the Home Screen.

I don’t overly mind as I rarely watch BluRays but it is concerning it may be indicative of a wider issue, im hoping it is the tele to be honest.

There's a - 1 and - 2 4k transfer rate setting on the PS5 you could try. Fixed the flickering I was having on one of my TVs anyway.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: December 6, 2021, 09:48:38 am »
There's a - 1 and - 2 4k transfer rate setting on the PS5 you could try. Fixed the flickering I was having on one of my TVs anyway.

Thanks.

To be clear when there is flickering there’s no picture at all, it’s just a flickering green bar on the screen. Im inclined to think it’s a compatibility issue as the same problem manifests itself on the other HDMI port but with the entire console, seems a bit of a coincidence for it to be a PS5 issue.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1887 on: December 6, 2021, 01:12:35 pm »
Always worth trying a different cable too, that's the limit of my expertise.  ;D

Both my controllers already starting to drift. Already sent back the new xbox controller I was using on pc because of the same thing, but never had it on the previous gen xbox controller. The build quality on the Dual Sense especially feels very good so what's going on? It seems to be a very common issue.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1888 on: December 6, 2021, 01:43:07 pm »
Always worth trying a different cable too, that's the limit of my expertise.  ;D

Both my controllers already starting to drift. Already sent back the new xbox controller I was using on pc because of the same thing, but never had it on the previous gen xbox controller. The build quality on the Dual Sense especially feels very good so what's going on? It seems to be a very common issue.

I've had issues with 3 controllers already (had PS5 since release), 2 with stick drift and 1 with an overly sensitive R2 button. I've got a black and a red controller now and they've been fine for months, so maybe that's a sign that they've resolved the issue since they've not been out as long as the white ones.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1889 on: December 6, 2021, 02:01:22 pm »
I bought the black one to replace the Xbox controller, about a month before I got the ps5, which was only four months ago..  :-\

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1890 on: December 6, 2021, 02:01:25 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7qPNyio3VDk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7qPNyio3VDk</a>
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1891 on: December 6, 2021, 02:22:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7qPNyio3VDk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7qPNyio3VDk</a>

Interesting, so all these controllers are using the same component that's failing everywhere now. Didn't really explain why these new controllers are failing at an exponentially faster rate than the dualsense and Xbox 360 controllers though?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: December 6, 2021, 02:32:58 pm »
Interesting, so all these controllers are using the same component that's failing everywhere now. Didn't really explain why these new controllers are failing at an exponentially faster rate than the dualsense and Xbox 360 controllers though?

Just worse materials maybe? They're not gonna officially confirm anything for obvious reasons.

Looks like the newer joysticks are better though, anecdotally at least

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: December 10, 2021, 09:53:31 pm »
If you have a PS5 get the Matrix game. It's a proper, gorgeous technical achievement.

I've got headphones on, this is incredible

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: December 11, 2021, 08:18:21 am »
If you have a PS5 get the Matrix game. It's a proper, gorgeous technical achievement.

I've got headphones on, this is incredible

It’s unbelievable, very much looking forward to seeing what developers can do with this in the years to come.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: December 11, 2021, 08:25:44 am »
Fortnite is moving to the same engine as the Matrix tech demo.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: December 11, 2021, 09:02:05 am »
I thought the tech demo was okay.

We've already seen what UE5 is capable of back in 2020 when they showed off the lumen system with there dynamic global illumination and nanite.

Thought the tech demo was a bit qte heavy (David cage would of loved it!) I'd of liked more freedom during that set piece car chase.

Not going to lie though it does wet your appetite for what's to come for more open world games and in particular I'm always keen to see what Rockstar does with RAGE as I feel their open worlds are still the best simulated ones

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: December 12, 2021, 10:52:38 am »
I thought the tech demo was okay.

We've already seen what UE5 is capable of back in 2020 when they showed off the lumen system with there dynamic global illumination and nanite.

Thought the tech demo was a bit qte heavy (David cage would of loved it!) I'd of liked more freedom during that set piece car chase.

.... Did you not do the Explore City option on the main menu?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1898 on: December 12, 2021, 11:45:33 am »
.... Did you not do the Explore City option on the main menu?

Yeah I did. The scope and lighting was impressive, also the traffic system. The car chase is obviously heavily scripted, once you are given the freedom to explore the city I'd of liked more interaction with it.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1899 on: December 13, 2021, 10:07:58 pm »
I downloaded it as you lot were talking about it, the only two things are the video with the tyres being shot out, and the walking/driving/flying round the city, right?

Looked very good mind.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1900 on: December 15, 2021, 02:07:26 pm »
I've been invited to buy a PS5 with Sony tomorrow, between 10am-12pm.

Not sure if it's account specific but happy to send on the email to someone if they want it, I just can't afford one right now.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: December 17, 2021, 03:07:59 pm »
I've been invited to buy a PS5 with Sony tomorrow, between 10am-12pm.

Not sure if it's account specific but happy to send on the email to someone if they want it, I just can't afford one right now.

Would've taken this had I seen it in time  :duh
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1902 on: December 20, 2021, 12:26:10 pm »
No worries mate if I get another invite I'll post again

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: December 20, 2021, 12:30:33 pm »
No worries mate if I get another invite I'll post again

Got one on Curry's the other day. Hopefully being delivered tomorrow.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: December 22, 2021, 06:48:34 am »
January sale has gone live on the PS Store. Am tempted to get Deathloop and Far Cry 6, and my lad has been after the Tony Hawk remake which is in there too. Ghost of Tsushima is still pricey even when in the sale so that can wait!

The Mass Effect Legendary edition is £30 which I could go for, but that is a real time investment…

Overall there seems to be plenty of reasonable deals in it from what I can see.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: December 22, 2021, 07:47:52 am »
Think I might bag Hunt Showdown and maybe Kena as well. Some decent offers.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: December 22, 2021, 09:35:28 am »
Bagged Disco Elysium for £22, cheers for the heads up!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1907 on: December 22, 2021, 12:29:46 pm »
So is the usual thing that a cheaper, smaller model comes out after a few years?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: December 22, 2021, 12:44:40 pm »
So is the usual thing that a cheaper, smaller model comes out after a few years?

Usually but it wasn't the case with PS4. Hardly dropped in price and same with Nintendo switch.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: December 22, 2021, 01:24:26 pm »

Well we've only really had one generation that had a refresh mid-way, and both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X were more expensive than the base models. But the base models didn't really drop too much in price either, mostly because they didn't make them in large enough numbers anymore.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: December 22, 2021, 01:52:32 pm »
Usually but it wasn't the case with PS4. Hardly dropped in price and same with Nintendo switch.
The PS4 Slim came out 3 years after release, but I can't remember if either model had a price reduction.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1911 on: December 22, 2021, 02:42:26 pm »
The PS4 Slim came out 3 years after release, but I can't remember if either model had a price reduction.

Yeah I got the PS4 slim. Well my wife bought it for me, and I’m sure she said it was cheaper.
I’m a pretty slow player, I’ve still got more than enough games to go through on that so It’s interesting to find out if there’ll be a slimmer/hopefully less costly version maybe in 2023ish

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: December 22, 2021, 03:05:49 pm »
Yeah I got the PS4 slim. Well my wife bought it for me, and I’m sure she said it was cheaper.
I’m a pretty slow player, I’ve still got more than enough games to go through on that so It’s interesting to find out if there’ll be a slimmer/hopefully less costly version maybe in 2023ish

What I would say is that whilst you may not play too many games, it’s nice to have them installed so that you can play them and the current model of the PS5 isn’t great for that in terms of space (if runs out quickly and some games take over 1/6 of the available storage, so the idea of one being even smaller wouldn’t be great for me. Obviously you can delete and reinstall games but you’ll lose your progress. There is now the option to buy removable storage though, but then it defeats the purpose if you were looking for something cheaper.

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1913 on: December 22, 2021, 03:33:47 pm »
What I would say is that whilst you may not play too many games, it’s nice to have them installed so that you can play them and the current model of the PS5 isn’t great for that in terms of space (if runs out quickly and some games take over 1/6 of the available storage, so the idea of one being even smaller wouldn’t be great for me. Obviously you can delete and reinstall games but you’ll lose your progress. There is now the option to buy removable storage though, but then it defeats the purpose if you were looking for something cheaper.

Shouldn’t be much of a problem for me!
I’m pretty much a one large open game at a time person. Probably averaging one game every 6 months if that. I use my switch for quick bursts of fun and the PS4 to hunt rabbits when the kids are finally dispatched 😊

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: December 27, 2021, 04:33:56 pm »
Hotwheels Unleashed is great fun

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: January 14, 2022, 09:17:20 am »
Not strictly PS5 but Playstation related..looks like Sony are ending the PS Now service and possibly rolling it into an extra tier of PS Plus, they've asked retailers to remove the PS Now sub cards from stores starting next Friday.

PS Now is okay but it makes more sense to roll it into something else and hopefully build on it from there. There's been a new BC patent revealed so hopefully it ties in with that as the current way to play old games isn't ideal.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: January 14, 2022, 02:32:30 pm »
Not strictly PS5 but Playstation related..looks like Sony are ending the PS Now service and possibly rolling it into an extra tier of PS Plus, they've asked retailers to remove the PS Now sub cards from stores starting next Friday.

PS Now is okay but it makes more sense to roll it into something else and hopefully build on it from there. There's been a new BC patent revealed so hopefully it ties in with that as the current way to play old games isn't ideal.

This desperately needs to be revamped and become their gamepass imo.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:13 pm »
Sony do need to do something serious to compete with Gamepass. I’ve had PlayStations since the first one, I love PlayStations and the PS5 is no different. I cannot wait for GT7 in March.

But, I got hold of a Series X last year, my first ever Xbox, and Gamepass is unbelievable as a newcomer used to Sony’s PS Plus. I’ve stopped buying much on the PS Store as so much great stuff appears on Gamepass, the Mass Effect trilogy being a recent example.

I still love my PS5, the Xbox sits nearby like some sort of imposter given my history with them both, and I would struggle not to get the PS6 (I have too much PS history) but for a lot of people I suspect Gamepass will start to become too much of a draw.
"We come here for the winning!"

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: January 14, 2022, 08:48:42 pm »
There’s been rumours for months that they’re rolling PS+ and PSNow into one service. There’s a project that they’re working on which everyone is guessing is this.

Also got a State of Play rumoured for February which could be an announcement, which makes sense due to the cards being removed from sale.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: January 15, 2022, 10:54:58 am »
Let’s hope that we’re not forced into a more expensive ps plus subscription then