Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 283361 times)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: International Watch
« Reply #1640 on: October 14, 2021, 09:33:56 am »
Liverpool should have just refused to send them, ridiculous that they are not available to play for the club that pays the wages and ignore any FIFA sanctions following this. Would this have happened if it were a crucial decider to win CL or PL?

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1641 on: October 14, 2021, 09:56:25 am »
Given all the protocols in place to make sure clubs release players for internationals, I can't believe there are none that ensure that fixtures are not arranged within a certain number of days of league games resuming.

We're not the only ones affected here, but it's clear that the pendulum has swung too far in the direction of FIFA. Surely the clubs have to get together to ensure this does not happen again and while they are at it, demand a return to the 2 fixture international breaks.

It's unsustainable for clubs that bear all the expenses of players, to have them unavailable because of the actions of a body that bears none of the costs, very little of the risk, but profits hugely from playing the games.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1642 on: October 14, 2021, 10:02:51 am »
Have Keita managed to return in one piece?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1643 on: October 14, 2021, 10:06:08 am »
Have Keita managed to return in one piece?

Saw a video of him getting mobbed by fans as he left the hotel but I think he managed to get on the bus without one of them slide tackling him ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1644 on: October 14, 2021, 10:08:15 am »
Didn’t think they needed to quarantine.

Brazil have played in countries on the red list.

They have to quarantine, but are allowed to leave once a day.

10 days from when they land back in the UK

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: October 14, 2021, 01:10:04 pm »
International football is entirely unlovable.

Wish it would just fuck off, and get treated like some other sports and have big international competitions take place between amateur sports people only.

It's not as if anyone opts to watch international football because they think it's the highest standard available - high level club football players and coaching is infinitely better - so the reduced quality isnt really an argument

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1646 on: October 14, 2021, 01:30:15 pm »
Like the Naby Keita watch, I wonder what the International Watch looks like. Given how shit the internationals are - I'd guess a Seiko calculator watch.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: October 14, 2021, 02:27:32 pm »
Someone said above that they have to if they return straight to England, but not if they first travel to Spain and then return to England after the Atletico game. Stupid rules, essentially.

Isn’t the fact that if they came to England they’d have to quarantine (allowed to leave once a day to train or play) and so wouldn’t be able to fly to Spain. Whereas if they fly to Spain, they don’t have to quarantine (due to Spain’s rules) and so could train and play as normal for the atletico game. They would then have to quarantine when back in the uk as per the first part of my post.

Could be wrong though!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1648 on: October 14, 2021, 02:51:54 pm »
Isn’t the fact that if they came to England they’d have to quarantine (allowed to leave once a day to train or play) and so wouldn’t be able to fly to Spain. Whereas if they fly to Spain, they don’t have to quarantine (due to Spain’s rules) and so could train and play as normal for the atletico game. They would then have to quarantine when back in the uk as per the first part of my post.

Could be wrong though!

That's true. Also I think the last day they've been in a red list country is the 10th so If they get back on the 21st they've not been in a red list country in the last 10 days and don't have to quarantine.

Whereas If they get back on Saturday they have to do their weird quarantine until the 26th
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 02:54:03 pm by red_Mark1980 »

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1649 on: October 14, 2021, 02:52:57 pm »

Could be wrong though!

I think your first part is correct, though I don't know what the rules are in Spain. For the last part, they would have to quarantine in the UK if they came straight back because they've been in the red zone (Colombia) in the past ten days. After the Atletico game, they wouldn't have to quarantine, because the game in Colombia will by then be more than ten days in the past.

The mad part is that the ten-day quarantine in the UK is triggered by the arrival date and not the date they left the red zone. So leave Colombia on the 9th, come back to the UK on the 15th, quarantine until the 25th. Come back to the UK on the 20th, no quarantine at all.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: October 14, 2021, 04:48:27 pm »
I think your first part is correct, though I don't know what the rules are in Spain. For the last part, they would have to quarantine in the UK if they came straight back because they've been in the red zone (Colombia) in the past ten days. After the Atletico game, they wouldn't have to quarantine, because the game in Colombia will by then be more than ten days in the past.

The mad part is that the ten-day quarantine in the UK is triggered by the arrival date and not the date they left the red zone. So leave Colombia on the 9th, come back to the UK on the 15th, quarantine until the 25th. Come back to the UK on the 20th, no quarantine at all.
Thats a shambles. How can that rule make sense to anyone ?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1651 on: October 14, 2021, 05:43:31 pm »
Thats a shambles. How can that rule make sense to anyone ?

Have you heard of the Conservative and Unionist party?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: October 14, 2021, 06:45:48 pm »
Well thats the thing, if all the clubs refused to send their players, maybe FIFA or Brazilian authorities would think twice in the future. The fact that we allowed the players to travel, why won't they continue to take the piss

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: October 14, 2021, 07:33:24 pm »
Saw Naby for a second in the Inside Training video released today so he's back in Liverpool in one piece!

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: October 14, 2021, 08:58:04 pm »
Does anyone have access to the Telegraph? (and mind throwing it up on here - ta)

Liverpool's red-list frustrations grow

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/12/liverpools-red-list-frustrations-grow-tottenham-will-have-south/

or a summary? what red-list? INjuries?
or similar to this article in Echo?   
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/every-country-red-list-those-21752744

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: October 14, 2021, 08:59:40 pm »
Well thats the thing, if all the clubs refused to send their players, maybe FIFA or Brazilian authorities would think twice in the future. The fact that we allowed the players to travel, why won't they continue to take the piss

if we stop them traveling and playing for Brazil then we piss off players & we lose them for 5 days after the last game . so they could not play vs Watford and probably AM on Tuesday night anyhow. So nothing gained. & the whole palova starts again next month

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: October 14, 2021, 09:52:17 pm »
if we stop them traveling and playing for Brazil then we piss off players & we lose them for 5 days after the last game . so they could not play vs Watford and probably AM on Tuesday night anyhow.  So nothing gained. & the whole palova starts again next month

Precisely

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: October 14, 2021, 09:53:32 pm »
At least CONCACAF are playing their third round of matches tonight, why CONMEBOL had to stretch it to Thursday (and why they were allowed to do so) is beyond me.

I see your Friday morning kick off and I raise you a Jack Warner and a Chuck Blazer.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1658 on: October 15, 2021, 01:38:16 am »
Fabinho starts as a DM for Brazil. Alisson on the bench.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: October 15, 2021, 02:01:32 am »
^ You watching it 4pool? How's Fab playing?

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: October 15, 2021, 03:56:42 am »
It looks like there are only 2 South American games in the next international break. Brazil are home to Colombia and away to Argentina. A win in the first game means Brazil will have qualified with 6 games to spare.

Offline ep1987

• Emiliano Insua head coach
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1661 on: October 15, 2021, 04:03:44 am »
It looks like there are only 2 South American games in the next international break. Brazil are home to Colombia and away to Argentina. A win in the first game means Brazil will have qualified with 6 games to spare.

Brazil's home game against Argentina might get re-arranged for the next break.

Fab played 71 mins tonight, Alisson an unused sub.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1662 on: October 15, 2021, 04:46:12 am »
^ You watching it 4pool? How's Fab playing?

Played as DM. Did his job. A few nifty passes. Picked up a yellow card just before halftime. Had a shot go to row Zed.. ;D. Got a slight knock to his right leg. But played on and didn't seem to have any effect.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: October 15, 2021, 04:59:48 am »
if we stop them traveling and playing for Brazil then we piss off players & we lose them for 5 days after the last game . so they could not play vs Watford and probably AM on Tuesday night anyhow. So nothing gained. & the whole palova starts again next month
I think the idea would be, like the last round of internationals, that when something ridiculous comes up like this that we say the players aren’t playing, and then with the backing of the premier league play them against Watford anyway. If the PL are on the clubs’ side then there’s not a lot FIFA can do because they don’t want this issue going anywhere near a court as they know they’d lose, and when they did, it’d open the floodgates for clubs refusing to release players.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: October 15, 2021, 08:03:04 am »
Played as DM. Did his job. A few nifty passes. Picked up a yellow card just before halftime. Had a shot go to row Zed.. ;D. Got a slight knock to his right leg. But played on and didn't seem to have any effect.

Cheers - They'll both miss Watford I assume - hopefully back in Madrid

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1665 on: October 15, 2021, 08:51:42 am »
Alisson an unused sub.

I know things can happen and the lad has been through a lot so him having some time in Brazil is no bad thing. But fucking honestly...

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: October 15, 2021, 09:22:56 am »
Fabinho starts as a DM for Brazil. Alisson on the bench.

I just knew Alisson wouldn't play this one. Two goalies sitting on the bench, just send Ali back to us early ffs!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: October 15, 2021, 09:56:49 am »
I just knew Alisson wouldn't play this one. Two goalies sitting on the bench, just send Ali back to us early ffs!
Alisson did start 2 of the 3 games for Brazil. I think it just better at this point to Send Alisson and Fabinho to Spain so they can be ready for the CL game.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: October 15, 2021, 09:58:05 am »
Can’t believe there’s another int break in 3 weeks. Kill it with fire

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: October 15, 2021, 10:02:19 am »
Think football is reaching the point where club and international football can’t coexist. Pre-covid it was bad but this is damaging to the sport. One month they wanna take us to court to stop them playing and the next they have them played at half 1 on a Friday morning
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1670 on: October 15, 2021, 10:16:12 am »
Alissons wife posted a picture of their child in an airport. I guess the Madrid option is being enacted

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: October 15, 2021, 10:25:10 am »
Alissons wife posted a picture of their child in an airport. I guess the Madrid option is being enacted

Yeah, her latest insta story looks like they were landing in Madrid too I thought.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: October 15, 2021, 10:27:06 am »
Fab's wife has been there all week so defo happening

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1673 on: October 15, 2021, 11:26:00 am »
Jones is out tomorrow  :butt :no

They were only playing fucking Andorra U21s. No Liverpool player who's played over 50 games for the club should be playing for ressie international squads.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1674 on: October 15, 2021, 11:30:14 am »
Its easy to moan when players get injured, but Courtois was spot on what he said, players aren't robots. These pointless international games are a farce.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: October 15, 2021, 12:14:44 pm »
Its easy to moan when players get injured, but Courtois was spot on what he said, players aren't robots. These pointless international games are a farce.

Klopp has been banging this drum for a year plus. But got shouted down.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1676 on: October 15, 2021, 12:34:57 pm »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1677 on: October 15, 2021, 12:42:28 pm »
I’ve completely reached the end of the line with international football now. I just have no interest in it. Football is being tragically ruined by greed and money these days. It’s so extreme now that supporters must surely be on the brink of walking away completely. Even my love of Liverpool is waning - it’s all just nonsense. The sport is fake and has no integrity anymore. Supporters are just customers supporting brands. It’s all a bit daft when you think about it.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: October 15, 2021, 12:53:45 pm »
Klopp must absolutely despise the chancers and bullshitters that are involved in running the domestic, european and world associations. Almost as much as he must despise the utter twats that spin legitimate concerns into huge stories.

The game and the media that cover it is fucking rotten to the core.

LFC and the actual game of football will always be in my blood, I can't help it, it's part of me and a product of my upbringing, but the wider game and the circus surrounding it depresses the fuck out of me and I can't stand it.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1679 on: October 15, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »
Klopp must absolutely despise the chancers and bullshitters that are involved in running the domestic, european and world associations. Almost as much as he must despise the utter twats that spin legitimate concerns into huge stories.

The game and the media that cover it is fucking rotten to the core.

LFC and the actual game of football will always be in my blood, I can't help it, it's part of me and a product of my upbringing, but the wider game and the circus surrounding it depresses the fuck out of me and I can't stand it.

Amen.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin