Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 285551 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: International Watch
« Reply #1600 on: October 12, 2021, 08:22:23 pm »
Keita has played 14 and 20 mins so far in the previous 2 games. This is the first game he is starting. He should be ok for the weekend barring the inevitable injury because it's Tuesday.

He only gets injured on a Tuesday. :o

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: October 12, 2021, 08:24:00 pm »
He only gets injured on a Tuesday. :o

Not only on Tuesday. Sometimes when there is turf or grass too on other days of the week!

It does happen that the norwich game was a tuesday though!!

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: October 12, 2021, 08:28:17 pm »
World Cup next year. He's not going to retire now but after that he will.

It's not a real world cup though
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1603 on: October 12, 2021, 09:14:00 pm »
Will Henderson make the WC squad? I have doubts. Southgate doesn’t seem to rate him at all.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1604 on: October 12, 2021, 09:14:49 pm »

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #1605 on: October 12, 2021, 09:23:19 pm »
Sterling and Walker gets the armband before Hendo! Don’t know why he bothers with them anymore.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1606 on: October 12, 2021, 09:23:41 pm »
Will Henderson make the WC squad? I have doubts. Southgate doesn’t seem to rate him at all.

The fact that Walker has just been given the captains armband I’ll totally agree with you there. Walker FFS  ;D  :o

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: October 12, 2021, 09:24:59 pm »
England are shite, Hendo should bin it off.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1608 on: October 12, 2021, 09:50:40 pm »
England are shite, Hendo should bin it off.

It was sad to watch. Defenders are bypassing the midfield and playing among themselves and the forwards. After Hendo came on, Mount didn’t see much of the ball as well. Saka also became a bystander except for the the boo boo in his own penalty area.

Southgate really need to put his foot down on Walker, Shaw and Stones who see themselves as chief playmaker for the England team.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: October 12, 2021, 09:51:29 pm »
Was sure Hendo would start tonight given last weeks team, but seems Southgate doesn't rate him enough. He should just walk away now, no point going to sit on the bench at his age and be a cheerleader.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: October 12, 2021, 10:19:29 pm »
Keita has played 14 and 20 mins so far in the previous 2 games. This is the first game he is starting. He should be ok for the weekend barring the inevitable injury because it's Tuesday.

I really do not understand him or his Nat coach .. nor Klopp and our fitness coaches.

the lad has hardly played in the last 2 years and when he goes on International duty is like he will never ever play an international game again.
why not have a games rest in between  absolutely madness to play 3 International games in 6 days. FIFA/UEFA should also be shot for allowing this?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1611 on: October 12, 2021, 10:25:33 pm »
Milner should just go ahead to organise Hendo’s press conference to announce his retirement from internationals

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: October 12, 2021, 10:30:02 pm »
I watched that live on Khartoum Network.

You can’t help yourself can you Nick   ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1613 on: October 12, 2021, 10:46:09 pm »
I was out so didn't see the game but read there was some issue with Kane handing over the armband like he looked like he saw Hendo coming on so gave it to Mount instead, who just looked baffled and passed it to Walker? Was Kane being a prick or was it just picked up funny on TV? But then why wouldn't Walker just pass it on to Hendo?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: October 12, 2021, 10:51:44 pm »
I was out so didn't see the game but read there was some issue with Kane handing over the armband like he looked like he saw Hendo coming on so gave it to Mount instead, who just looked baffled and passed it to Walker? Was Kane being a prick or was it just picked up funny on TV? But then why wouldn't Walker just pass it on to Hendo?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: October 13, 2021, 02:15:31 am »
Does anyone have access to the Telegraph? (and mind throwing it up on here - ta)

Liverpool's red-list frustrations grow

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/12/liverpools-red-list-frustrations-grow-tottenham-will-have-south/

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: October 13, 2021, 02:33:39 am »
Clean sheet for Kelleher against Qatar

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: October 13, 2021, 07:46:49 am »
Clean sheet for Kelleher against Qatar

Touched the ball about 5 times, probably won't even have to shower after the game.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: October 13, 2021, 07:48:07 am »
So with Brazil playing on early hours of Friday morning, and Liverpool playing on Saturday morning, do we think there's any chance Alisson plays given he's a goalie, not an outfield player?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1619 on: October 13, 2021, 08:16:48 am »
So with Brazil playing on early hours of Friday morning, and Liverpool playing on Saturday morning, do we think there's any chance Alisson plays given he's a goalie, not an outfield player?

No chance.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1620 on: October 13, 2021, 08:35:22 am »
Southgate is a ballbag, he's like that teacher in school who tries too hard to be everyones mate.

Imagine being Hendo and seeing that Punch & Judy nosed beaut Walker getting the armband, walk away from them mate, Southgate is a tit.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: October 13, 2021, 08:38:50 am »
Bellingham and Hendo should link up at club level seeing as their international manager is too inept to find a way to start them together.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: October 13, 2021, 08:51:06 am »

Just amazed that that was allowed. How comes International football take precedent over the club that pays the wages. Maybe Liverpool should have been arses about it and refused and ignored the ban

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1623 on: October 13, 2021, 08:57:51 am »
Watching Scotland is torture. Our strikers are absolutely terrible, yet somehow Dykes has scored in four WC qualifiers in a row. Would kill for even a Kris Boyd type up front right now. That’s how bad our lot are. On the plus side: Billy Gilmour & Nathan Patterson offer something good for the future.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1624 on: October 13, 2021, 09:56:48 am »
Watching Scotland is torture. Our strikers are absolutely terrible, yet somehow Dykes has scored in four WC qualifiers in a row. Would kill for even a Kris Boyd type up front right now. That’s how bad our lot are. On the plus side: Billy Gilmour & Nathan Patterson offer something good for the future.

Its always been torture as far as I can remember!  Finally we have some top class players but shows the big difference between us and Wales, they had a couple of world class players in Ramsey and Bale up front whereas we have left backs!  It makes all the difference being a smaller nation having players that can score (even with Dykes doing alright at the moment)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1625 on: October 13, 2021, 10:36:04 am »
Hendo should retire after the World Cup. Incredibly under appreciated and its like Southgate has fallen for the ‘England lads’ who think he’s shite. Bin it off like Milner did and prolong your club career

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: October 13, 2021, 11:15:21 am »
Just amazed that that was allowed. How comes International football take precedent over the club that pays the wages. Maybe Liverpool should have been arses about it and refused and ignored the ban

It's shambolic - but that's CONMEBOL, only topped in terms of outright chancers by CONCACAF. They have played a Copa America in 2015, 2016, 2019 and 2021 and insist on playing 18 rounds of World Cup qualifiers.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: October 13, 2021, 11:37:05 am »
Hendo will give it until the world cup I think as it's only a year away then he should bin it off, the management just show him so little respect there it's pathetic, waistcoat as ever showing how completely out of depth he is.

Champions league winner and captain of one of the best teams ever assembled in the history of the game, leading us to a first title in 30 years and yet he has to watch king of morals Kane flopping to the ground as captain, then a player who hosted sex parties during the pandemic being tossed the armband before him. Absolute piss take.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: October 13, 2021, 12:31:03 pm »
Hendo will give it until the world cup I think as it's only a year away then he should bin it off, the management just show him so little respect there it's pathetic, waistcoat as ever showing how completely out of depth he is.

Champions league winner and captain of one of the best teams ever assembled in the history of the game, leading us to a first title in 30 years and yet he has to watch king of morals Kane flopping to the ground as captain, then a player who hosted sex parties during the pandemic being tossed the armband before him. Absolute piss take.
For all the talk about needing to cram as many attacking midfielders on to the pitch as possible what England were again completely lacking in was leadership and game management.  Foden, Mount and Grealish are all technically more skilled players than Hendo but there's not a whiff of leadership between them.  Anyone looking to Kane to provide leadership is going to be waiting a very, very long time.

I still find Hendo can sometimes be a frustrating player for us but he's a proper captain.  He knows what the team needs and how to deliver it.  He pumps players up and rattles cages when needed.

I thought he may have called time on England after the Euros and can't wait until the day he does.  Like Milly I think he'd be a great asset to have around the club during international breaks.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1629 on: October 13, 2021, 01:31:47 pm »
It's shambolic - but that's CONMEBOL, only topped in terms of outright chancers by CONCACAF. They have played a Copa America in 2015, 2016, 2019 and 2021 and insist on playing 18 rounds of World Cup qualifiers.

At least CONCACAF are playing their third round of matches tonight, why CONMEBOL had to stretch it to Thursday (and why they were allowed to do so) is beyond me.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1630 on: October 13, 2021, 04:32:09 pm »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1631 on: October 13, 2021, 04:53:20 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/446247-lfc-fitness-update-trent-alexander-arnold-diogo-jota-and-thiago-alcantara

Jota and Trent available but Thiago won’t be (reckon he makes United)

After the worries about Jota coming out of Portugal earlier this week, I'll take that news! Save Thiago for the Mancs.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1632 on: October 13, 2021, 05:35:05 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/446247-lfc-fitness-update-trent-alexander-arnold-diogo-jota-and-thiago-alcantara

Jota and Trent available but Thiago won’t be (reckon he makes United)

Positive news!

But will Keita be available, that is the question.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: October 14, 2021, 03:18:04 am »
Positive news!

But will Keita be available, that is the question.
I'm pretty sure he played over the international break.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1634 on: October 14, 2021, 06:23:51 am »
La Liga postponing games involving south American players.

Almost like the premier league should face a fit and proper persons test

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: October 14, 2021, 09:07:43 am »
La Liga postponing games involving south American players.

Almost like the premier league should face a fit and proper persons test

Now that is a sensible move, but you just know we'd get some small time clubs kicking off over it as with the 5 subs rule, saying it's just favouring the bigger teams or some such crap.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: October 14, 2021, 09:09:47 am »
From Fabinho last night:

"I believe that match against Watford will be very hard for us, I don't think we will play. Neither Alisson or myself," he told reporters.

"The match against Uruguay will be Friday overnight here (in the UK) and the match against Watford will be at half past noon.

"With all of what is involved, including travel, I don't know how much time we will have between one game and the other.

"I believe that we won't be playing.

"We will also need to quarantine, but the club is still studying whether it is better to go straight to Spain to play Atletico and quarantine there, without staying in a hotel in England."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1637 on: October 14, 2021, 09:12:28 am »
From Fabinho last night:

"I believe that match against Watford will be very hard for us, I don't think we will play. Neither Alisson or myself," he told reporters.

"The match against Uruguay will be Friday overnight here (in the UK) and the match against Watford will be at half past noon.

"With all of what is involved, including travel, I don't know how much time we will have between one game and the other.

"I believe that we won't be playing.

"We will also need to quarantine, but the club is still studying whether it is better to go straight to Spain to play Atletico and quarantine there, without staying in a hotel in England."

Didn’t think they needed to quarantine.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1638 on: October 14, 2021, 09:19:58 am »
Didn’t think they needed to quarantine.

Someone said above that they have to if they return straight to England, but not if they first travel to Spain and then return to England after the Atletico game. Stupid rules, essentially.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1639 on: October 14, 2021, 09:25:19 am »
Someone said above that they have to if they return straight to England, but not if they first travel to Spain and then return to England after the Atletico game. Stupid rules, essentially.

Didn’t the Government waive this rule ?