Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 286009 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: International Watch
« Reply #1520 on: October 10, 2021, 01:21:42 am »
Henderson should start thinking about retiring from internationals. It’s pretty pointless spending time away from home whilst not getting played in games.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1521 on: October 10, 2021, 08:51:59 am »
Henderson should start thinking about retiring from internationals. It’s pretty pointless spending time away from home whilst not getting played in games.

He will play on Tuesday, Southgate playing 2 different teams over the 2 games.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1522 on: October 10, 2021, 10:24:52 am »
Christ the international break is boring. Weekends without the reds playing during the season are crap.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1523 on: October 10, 2021, 10:32:44 am »
Christ the international break is boring. Weekends without the reds playing during the season are crap.

especially when the AFL, Rugby League and International Rugby seasons are all finished.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1524 on: October 10, 2021, 11:52:19 am »
He will play on Tuesday, Southgate playing 2 different teams over the 2 games.

Nuisance given how short we are in midfield. He's going to have to play at Watford with Fabinho missing and we'll need him for United. He might have to sit it out in Madrid.

We need him to find form though so a good showing for England might help.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: October 10, 2021, 11:57:27 am »
VAR shining through in the Scotland game, ref harshly disallows a goal for Scotland, is encouraged to go to the screen and correctly changes his decision.

Weird team Scotland, watching them play you would say they’re mostly comprised of pub players with the odd sprinkle of genuine Premier League quality and of course the best left back in the world.

That and a competent ref willing to accept he made a mistake in the first place.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: October 10, 2021, 12:06:55 pm »
Nuisance given how short we are in midfield. He's going to have to play at Watford with Fabinho missing and we'll need him for United. He might have to sit it out in Madrid.

We need him to find form though so a good showing for England might help.
You’ve literally talked yourself out of your initial point   ;D
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: October 10, 2021, 12:13:01 pm »
You’ve literally talked yourself out of your initial point   ;D

Yeah, that would be a positive if he has a good game. There's the risk of him picking up a knock though, so i'd still rather he didn't play 90 on Tuesday given we'll have 3 big games in a week we'll need him for.

We couldn't really afford to go to Watford without Allison, Henderson or Fabinho and with Thiago potentially out or not fully fit.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1528 on: October 11, 2021, 11:04:07 am »
Fab and Alisson played the full 90. 1 more left against Uruguay in Manaus on Thursday night

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: October 11, 2021, 01:44:02 pm »
especially when the AFL, Rugby League and International Rugby seasons are all finished.

and cricket. Although I expect next weeks International t20 World Cup cricket will be a lot of fun. Nice to see some of the associate countries taking on some of the big guns.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1530 on: October 11, 2021, 01:49:04 pm »
Fab and Alisson played the full 90. 1 more left against Uruguay in Manaus on Thursday night

I do not understand why they had to wait till Thursday to play this match - could they not have scheduled on Wed or even Tuesday and also used 2 teams, one  for each of the games?   Brazil are so far ahead of the others and helps  them give experience to others. Closer to WC then you may need to select a smaller group of players.
Play the other keeper and Casemiro and help him get back into form as he has been poor for Real Madrid. FFS even play Fred the dunce as DM

you want your best players fit next year for world cup and not tired, over played or even seriously injured. Why do these country managers always think such short term.

Same for our African players - they always seem to push themselves no matter if they carry a niggle. Naby Keita seems to come back injured from most international breaks

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1531 on: October 11, 2021, 02:07:35 pm »

So both have played the full 90 of both games so far, wonder what the chances are they're both sat on the bench for the final one and could have been released early.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1532 on: October 11, 2021, 07:05:56 pm »
Great to see VVD starting again in a match that the Dutch could have put the tea lady out and still won comfortably.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1533 on: October 11, 2021, 07:45:09 pm »
Great to see VVD starting again in a match that the Dutch could have put the tea lady out and still won comfortably.

He needs the games at the moment though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: October 11, 2021, 07:55:00 pm »
Virgil has just scored.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1535 on: October 11, 2021, 07:56:54 pm »
Virgil has just scored.

Nice for him, but fucking madness to play your best players against Gibraltar. The Dutch should be using such games to give their youngsters a chance.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1536 on: October 11, 2021, 07:58:00 pm »
Nice for him, but fucking madness to play your best players against Gibraltar. The Dutch should be using such games to give their youngsters a chance.

I think he needs the games while he is searching for his match fitness.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: October 11, 2021, 08:00:15 pm »
Too many games we’re going to have to rotate him. I think we play 7 games in 22 days when the lads are back from the break, would have preferred VVD to have a rest.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: October 11, 2021, 08:02:21 pm »
This could be a BIG score for the Netherlands. Potential double figures should they want them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: October 11, 2021, 08:02:22 pm »
Too many games we’re going to have to rotate him. I think we play 7 games in 22 days when the lads are back from the break, would have preferred VVD to have a rest.

I agree we need to mix it more, would like to see Joe and Konate get some games over the next few weeks.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: October 11, 2021, 08:46:22 pm »
This could be a BIG score for the Netherlands. Potential double figures should they want them.

Big Virgil with a great goal and the ball seems to be like a magnet for him in the box.
One to watch Noa Lang out left from Bruges.. a young attack minded player with a big future.  He could play across our front three.... great buildup pass for one of the Dutch goals and some other highlights in first 45 mins.

Gini complaining abit about lack of playing time at PSG - 300k a week - no complaints lad.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: October 11, 2021, 08:48:18 pm »

hopefully he gets a rest after 60 mins. No need to play a full 90.
give some of the back up players a chance.

he loved scoring that goal though - huge smile and could have had an assist or 2?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: October 11, 2021, 08:53:32 pm »
I agree we need to mix it more, would like to see Joe and Konate get some games over the next few weeks.

I'd just stick with Virg for the league games, at least while the others are fit. Play him at Milan if we need the result.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: October 11, 2021, 09:01:27 pm »
hopefully he gets a rest after 60 mins. No need to play a full 90.
give some of the back up players a chance.

he loved scoring that goal though - huge smile and could have had an assist or 2?

It looked as if he was leading the attack at one stage. He wanted that goal all right. 😀

I'd just stick with Virg for the league games, at least while the others are fit. Play him at Milan if we need the result.

Yes, pretty sure Joe and Konate will play in our cup games, Virgil is looking good so far.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: October 11, 2021, 09:30:18 pm »
It looked as if he was leading the attack at one stage. He wanted that goal all right. 😀

Yes, pretty sure Joe and Konate will play in our cup games, Virgil is looking good so far.

interested what you think with the Dutch wide players tonight - Noa Lang now on RW position (he cost Bruges 6M) and Danjuma (Villareal) - cost 20M ?
also Malen now on the field.. cost Dortmund 26M 

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: October 11, 2021, 09:33:37 pm »

Can someone explain why Brazil change between Alisson and Ederson so much? Is it just flavour of the month and all that?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: October 11, 2021, 09:37:09 pm »
interested what you think with the Dutch wide players tonight - Noa Lang now on RW position (he cost Bruges 6M) and Danjuma (Villareal) - cost 20M ?
also Malen now on the field.. cost Dortmund 26M

I think you have quite a few good wide players now, I've always liked Malen (what I've seen of him), Noa Lang too has been pretty good tonight. To be fair to Gibraltar (their league season doesn't begin until Friday), they have defended with determination tonight. But its been a good work out for the younger players and you have some impressive ones stepping up now.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1547 on: October 11, 2021, 09:41:28 pm »
Meanwhile, Germany are the first team to seal qualification.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1548 on: October 11, 2021, 09:48:15 pm »
Big Virgil with a great goal and the ball seems to be like a magnet for him in the box.
One to watch Noa Lang out left from Bruges.. a young attack minded player with a big future.  He could play across our front three.... great buildup pass for one of the Dutch goals and some other highlights in first 45 mins.

Gini complaining abit about lack of playing time at PSG - 300k a week - no complaints lad.

Like a rich man’s mistress finding out why he isn’t sleeping with her tonight.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: October 11, 2021, 09:53:06 pm »
I think you have quite a few good wide players now, I've always liked Malen (what I've seen of him), Noa Lang too has been pretty good tonight. To be fair to Gibraltar (their league season doesn't begin until Friday), they have defended with determination tonight. But its been a good work out for the younger players and you have some impressive ones stepping up now.

:wave   - I am still underwhelmed by Memphis dePay and I think against the top Europe and SAmerican defenses the Dutch will struggle. Virgil and DeVrij look solid and I like De Jong - Wijnaldum is not playing enough at PSG and looks like that when he plays for Dutch - just not sharp enough. van Gaal has mentioned he is worried about Gini's playing time at PSG - very  disrupted and he hardly plays 90 mins when he does play.

Dutch have some very interesting wide attackers - interesting to see how they develop. I think noa Lang at 6M is  steal - but he would not play for us ahead of Mane, Salah, Jota and firminho. But would love to have him on our bench, cup games in CL. Now against Watford he would be a fantastic option. Same for Danjuma or Malen. but they all realise they need to play for ateam every week and so their choices are good ones. Bruges, Dortmund and Villareal.   

YOung Justin Kluivert and his father Patrick must be kicking themselve.. he went to Roma far too early in his career and now will struggle to get into Dutch team

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: October 11, 2021, 09:56:47 pm »
3 nil win and full 90 minutes for Mo.

Edit: Just seen their goals and one was from a gorgeous assist from Mo. He also stopped the game at one point to make sure the Libyan medical team got on to one of their players, very reminscent of the Harvey Elliott situation.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 09:45:08 am by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1551 on: October 11, 2021, 09:56:58 pm »
Pretty annoying that his first trademark header since coming back from injury was against some plumbers
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: October 11, 2021, 10:04:28 pm »
Thought Curtis was injured but just seen he played for the U21s tonight and had a lovely assist for the England goal.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1553 on: October 11, 2021, 10:18:09 pm »
Jersey 4 Heligoland 5 sounds like a cracker.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1554 on: October 11, 2021, 10:19:07 pm »

Do Dogger Bight play in that tournament then? ;D

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1555 on: October 11, 2021, 10:33:07 pm »
Do Dogger Bight play in that tournament then? ;D

Don't be daft Howie.

Dogger Bank do though.

Oh, and German Bight.

I believe German Bight lost 0-74 to Spain tonight. Some debutant for Spain is now the highest Spanish international goalscorer of all time.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1556 on: October 12, 2021, 12:49:32 am »
German Bights Dogger
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: October 12, 2021, 03:03:34 am »
A must win game for Taki  today against the unbeaten Socceroos

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: October 12, 2021, 03:35:32 am »

De Naja & Marshall up front supported by Andy & Topley-Bird.

What's not to like.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1559 on: October 12, 2021, 07:22:26 am »
Still can’t believe we will miss Ali and Fab on Saturday.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.