Author Topic: The Panama Papers 11.5m files leaked.  (Read 39166 times)

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Panama Papers 11.5m files leaked.
« Reply #400 on: October 4, 2021, 07:39:48 pm »
Rumours spreading all over the place that Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp are down because they didn't want this news spreading :lmao

All broadband Internet knocked out in Ireland also
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #401 on: October 4, 2021, 08:34:00 pm »

So soon after you got it as well.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: October 4, 2021, 08:49:14 pm »

All internet all over the world goes through a few nodes. If one of these nodes goes down, a wide selection of users goes connectionless until they're repaired (or re-routed). It's a miracle of technology that connection is practically perpetual at all.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: October 4, 2021, 08:58:18 pm »
So soon after you got it as well.

:lmao :lmao I'm still getting over the miracle that is electric light bulbs pal
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: October 4, 2021, 09:04:25 pm »
All internet all over the world goes through a few nodes. If one of these nodes goes down, a wide selection of users goes connectionless until they're repaired (or re-routed). It's a miracle of technology that connection is practically perpetual at all.

This is one company (across 3 brands) affected. It's not to do with any nodes.

As always with these things, the most likely cause is someone fucking up and pushing out bad config. Something has caused DNS resolution to fail for FBs domains.

The internet is fragile, but its more to do with it being a patchwork of technologies layered on top of each other and a small amount of companies controlling too much infrastructure (like Cloudflare for example).
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 09:06:11 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: October 4, 2021, 09:08:08 pm »
Not one US politician named?

They've come a long way haven't they.

On the day, the Tories announce possible tax rises on Joe Public, more docs surface showing over $11tn is stashed in offshore tax havens.

All in this together. Innit...
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #406 on: October 4, 2021, 09:10:13 pm »

I've had it all evening  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: October 4, 2021, 09:20:40 pm »
My EE service got spotty not long after FB went down. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: October 5, 2021, 08:37:08 am »
They always deny any wrongdoing as if that’s the problem. I’m sure they can get away with it in court as usual, but it’s morally despicable. Who raises their kids to become so greedy and morally bankrupt? What’s even more sickening is that it feels like we as citizens are forced to contribute to this farce, unless you decide to live off the grid way out in the wilderness.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #409 on: October 5, 2021, 08:43:01 am »

A tiny cabal of the ultra-rich can influence government policy? Just the same old story.

You`d think that the Tory Party might be concerned that foreign actors can hold such sway over the country, but they just see the roubles.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #410 on: October 5, 2021, 08:51:00 am »
I was pleasantly surprised that BBC and Sky news  were covering the murky Russia/Tory link last night.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #411 on: October 5, 2021, 08:52:07 am »
A tiny cabal of the ultra-rich can influence government policy? Just the same old story.

You`d think that the Tory Party might be concerned that foreign actors can hold such sway over the country, but they just see the roubles.
In the old days their patriotism was for the Empire that brought them wealth.
Now their patriotism is to the wealth itself and the little islands where it is stashed
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #412 on: October 5, 2021, 08:57:59 am »

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 5, 2021, 08:58:33 am »
In the old days their patriotism was for the Empire that brought them wealth.
Now their patriotism is to the wealth itself and the little islands where it is stashed

100%. It`s because they have little else to lord it over now. No Empire to rule, no countries to subjugate.

We`re headed towards becoming a third world country because democracy has been eroded and unfettered capitalism has broken our society. In a fair and balanced country these stories of greed and corruption would be blaring out from all sources day after day until something was done about it. Now we just shrug, talk about forriners taking our jobs and benefits cheats whilst billionaires steal from us on an industrial scale and influence government policy in order to protect their private wealth.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: October 5, 2021, 09:11:55 am »
Our democracy is for sale, you just need to be super-rich if you want a piece.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #415 on: October 5, 2021, 09:31:40 am »
.....and have an interest in the fragmentation of Europe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 5, 2021, 10:19:38 am »
Anything on Trump? I'll laugh my fucking socks off if the self-made billionaire wasn't important enough to get in on any of these shady deals. ;D

His supporters will probably claim he's so clever that he buried his information deeper than even these revelations can reach, though!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #417 on: October 5, 2021, 11:23:28 am »
Anything on Trump? I'll laugh my fucking socks off if the self-made billionaire wasn't important enough to get in on any of these shady deals. ;D

His supporters will probably claim he's so clever that he buried his information deeper than even these revelations can reach, though!

The USA has its own internal tax havens, so perhaps the American financial elite are using these instead of the foreign 'secrecy jurisdictions'
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #418 on: October 5, 2021, 11:53:38 am »
South Dakota, for example, is one of the aforementioned tax havens within mainland USA. They come second, behind Cayman Islands when it comes to these things.

https://fsi.taxjustice.net/en/

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: October 5, 2021, 01:40:18 pm »
Channel islands punching well above their weight there

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #420 on: October 5, 2021, 02:02:11 pm »
the Americans are more worried about the rest of the world providing financial transparency whilst they hide behind their own trusts and loopholes. Nevermind the billions hidden away in the Caymans which are not part of thse leaks
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: October 5, 2021, 03:16:54 pm »

Didn`t he have a hotel in Central America (it may have been Panama) that he used for similar shady purposes? Of course the egotist plastered it with his name which the locals new owners then prised off.

Edit: ah here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JW_Marriott_Panama

A lot of the same "business practices" the Trumps have used elsewhere.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #422 on: October 5, 2021, 03:41:18 pm »
the Americans are more worried about the rest of the world providing financial transparency whilst they hide behind their own trusts and loopholes. Nevermind the billions hidden away in the Caymans which are not part of thse leaks

The Caymans being, of course, a British Overseas Territory
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #423 on: October 5, 2021, 03:49:19 pm »
Didn`t he have a hotel in Central America (it may have been Panama) that he used for similar shady purposes? Of course the egotist plastered it with his name which the locals new owners then prised off.

Edit: ah here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JW_Marriott_Panama

A lot of the same "business practices" the Trumps have used elsewhere.

Yep, Trump doesn't own hotels anymore (given he's been bankrupt a few times) he just sticks his name on them to give them some kind of prestige and earns his money that way.