Author Topic: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs  (Read 256476 times)

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
Re: Solidarity from a fan of another club
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 11:00:11 am »
Our fight is for Justice. Not against opposition fans who are now on our side. I don't give a flying fuck where they got their views from. The fact they are now on our side is enough for me.

Well said. There really was no need for comments like that.
'Say what you like about deaf people'.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 11:22:32 am »
There's plenty of us who are finding all this sudden solidarity a bit annoying
Can't blame anyone for feeling like this. It's completely 100% natural.

Having said that, I personally welcome anyone who has changed their mind this week. If any of us can honestly hold their hand up and say they have never held a prejudiced view (no matter how small) about anything or anyone, then they're a true saint.

The case of Hillsborough was not a small prejudice of course and it was hard to imagine how anyone could not get it...but sadly only a minority knew all the facts or had read websites like hfdinfo.com, and when you looked at the way some of the media ambiguously worded their articles over the past 23 years, you can see how wrong conclusions were jumped to. I'm not trying to excuse this, just think it's time to welcome the change.

The trolls will be trolls forever (and sorry, but i've got to include the likes of Boris in that who did as much damage as anyone...hollow apologies as many have said), and are even more insignificant than they were before. But the fact that a sea change appears to have occurred amongst many ordinary fans is one of the great outcomes from wednesday.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2012, 11:31:11 am »
It's just that I don't want to speak out of turn on a subject that I haven't had to live with, unlike a lot of the the people who live in the city. I've always supported the cause of course. I suppose that means my oar was needed . So I take that back. ;)

I feel a bit like that as well somtimes.  That's not a reflection of anyone on here - just sometimes i read things and know people on here have truly suffered and think my opinion is nothing in comparison.

On that note, Jrkopite -  He should not be afraid to express that feeling.  You all will have coped with the last 23 years in different ways and some of you will be able to accept those now realising the truth with open arms straight away and some won't.   Neither is wrong imo.  23 years is a long time and if this is how he feels, it is how he feels. 

I was 2 when Hillsborough happened.  It is about 7 years since i learned the truth. (ETA 9 years ago was our match - mixed dates up).  Celtic are my team but i now always look for Liverpool scores as well and it is impossible to speak about this club and not have Hillsborough brought up.   I watched Jimmy McGovern's Hillsborough and wondered how they could add to your pain so cruelly.  I bought Anne Wiliams book, the Hillsborough poem book, i've complained to the BBC, i've signed petitions.  I have no family in Liverpool, no family involved (thankfully) but i want to see you get justice and i want to help.

Stu, you are very much welcome but jrkopite is not likely to be the last who feels that way.  Please understand why they might feel that way. 

We've all found the truth in our different ways and the important thing now is we continue to help in the fight for justice. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:02:45 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2012, 11:31:40 am »
In one.

I recall handing out leaflets to the matchgoers on 'Truth Day'; and trying where possible to talk about ''Truth'' and the part played by McKenzie in dissemination of ''Truth''. I spent quite a long time in the Arkles with the Arsenal fans. Some were happy to engage, some were not. Many of those who talked were unwilling to consider that their opinions (media driven lets not forget) might be wrong; but at least a few were willing to go away and read through some of the material/links I gave them (particularly Kinki/Jim's HFD content).

The most frustrating memory of the day was the way that LIVERPOOL 'fans' ignored us at every turn. Some took the leaflets without any interest, and I watched as almost without exception dropped them seconds later.

Opposition fans weren't the only ones who went along with 'The Truth'.  Many of our own needed to be educated too.

Yep, was it the first home game last season or the season before (versus Sunderland?) when we were handing out leaflets about the Sun? I had several of our own refusing to take one, and a woman who told me she'd actually just bought a copy of the Sun herself (to her credit she did take the leaflet and read it though) - it was frustrating to say the least.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2012, 11:46:47 am »
we have to be carefull about how we all release our anger...its been built and pent up for a long time and the chants at games have added to that....but like the families effected have done...we keep the dignity...time is the healer...after we get justice....we have to control the anger...and put that energy towards the effective search for justice
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2012, 11:52:35 am »
Thanks Stu and Jimmy for your comments, as I said in another post, I think a lot of people have been educated over Hillsborough this week. Now we have to push on and make sure the families receive the justice they deserve.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2012, 11:54:51 am »
we have to be carefull about how we all release our anger...its been built and pent up for a long time and the chants at games have added to that....but like the families effected have done...we keep the dignity...time is the healer...after we get justice....we have to control the anger...and put that energy towards the effective search for justice

Brilliant post and 100% right. The fight has only just begun and if we now have more allies than we did, then the sooner we will get justice and families and the friends of those we lost that day, and the countless others we have lost over the years since as a direct result of what happened there.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2012, 11:55:22 am »
I feel a bit like that as well somtimes.  That's not a reflection of anyone on here - just sometimes i read things and know people on here have truly suffered and think my opinion is nothing in comparison.

On that note, Jrkopite -  He should not be afraid to express that feeling.  You all will have coped with the last 23 years in different ways and some of you will be able to accept those now realising the truth with open arms straight away and some won't.   Neither is wrong imo.  23 years is a long time and if this is how he feels, it is how he feels. 

I was 2 when Hillsborough happened.  It is about 9 years since i learned the truth.  Celtic are my team but i now always look for Liverpool scores as well and it is impossible to speak about this club and not have Hillsborough brought up.   I watched Jimmy McGovern's Hillsborough and wondered how they could add to your pain so cruelly.  I bought Anne Wiliams book, the Hillsborough poem book, i've complained to the BBC, i've signed petitions.  I have no family in Liverpool, no family involved (thankfully) but i want to see you get justice and i want to help.

Stu, you are very much welcome but jrkopite is not likely to be the last who feels that way.  Please understand why they might feel that way. 

We've all found the truth in our different ways and the important thing now is we continue to help in the fight for justice. 

I think my shock at just how many people were ignorant about Hillsborough has made my respect for people like you even greater. To all the opposition fans who didn't need this latest report to educate themselves on the subject and support us in our fight over the years, a massive thank you!
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2012, 11:58:55 am »
for a long time nobody believed us when we went on about "the truth". as time went on we were written off as obsessed nutjobs (and to be fair it was exactly the kind of attitude needed at times in face of the overwhelming opposition and disbelief in our views pertetuated by the media). However, as we found out, it took not just a large number of people calling for justice but a singular , individual, calm and level headed approach to explain and educate people on a one to one basis that often changed minds and hearts.
calling people out, belittiling, them and giving them grief for reading the scum achieve little apart from self satisfaction. The calm educational approach won people over (not all - and sometimes not even our own fans).
To have fans now who finally understand what we are on about is coming as a bit of a shock, and while we may find it suspicious, and find ourselves questioning their movites - or even annoyed or angry that they didn't believe us all these years, this is now the time to be saying "told you so" to their faces.
there is no justice yet - only the truth has been unveiled on a bigger scale than previously. We need these people who didn;t believe us previously to help with the step from truth to justice or else we face failure on the last leg of this momentous fight against the establishment.

Let us deal with the people who only now understand with the same calm patience that we have educated others in the past. Its a tough thing to do when so many will feel like they need to shout out that they have been vindicated but its one we must take. "told ya so" and "why didn'you believe us" doesn't move us further forward.

I'm as frustrated any anyone that its taken so long and that we were thought of as the obsessed oddballs. This is now the time to take this momentum and new wave of people to help us get justice for the 96 and all those affected by the events of 15th April 1989 and the aftermath that followed. Don't let your frustration push them away. Welcome them to our side and lets carry the fight forward.

JFT96

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
Solidarity from a fan of another club
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2012, 11:59:50 am »
I am myself a more than a little dissapointed that it's taken so long for so many to 'get it', but I wouldn't be overly hard on those people at this time.

You have to remember that 1989 the internet was in it's infancy and not as widespread.

After the S*n's headlines, people believed them, hook line and sinker, and as many didn't have the internet, had no way of digging deeper themselves other than TV radio or other newspaers.

Most people's perceptions were formed within days and weeks of the disaster.  Once those perceptions and opinions were formed, club rivalries and tribalsm was always going to kick in.

Yes, over the years we've tried to educate as many as we can, but many people's deep seated biggotry of both Liverpool Football Club, through club rivalry, and Liverpool as a city have stopped them from finding the truth, or even wanting to know.

After all, it wasn't their football club or city, so it didn't really matter to many if what they knew or didn't know was the truth or not.  It just didn't register on their radar for most.

What it does show though, is how far reaching and damaging 'that headline' was.

It seeped into and permiated the public consciousness, to a point that to many, it was the only truth they've ever known.

Thats the saddest part for me.  The fact that so many can be bought by the lie, and are too apathetic to even challenge it.

Today though, it's abrave new world, and  nobody see's like the person who's eyes are opened.

I'm both pleased, and ultimately relived than fans of other clubs are now coming over from the dark side, so to speak.  It can only be a good thing from our point of view, as the public consciousness shifts on it's axis, an with that weight of public opinion now on our side, it will mean that the ongoing fight for justice will definately not stall or be pushed back in to a darkened corner again.

On wards and upwards.
That's exactly how I feel-quality post!
Having been minutes away from death at the age of 15 at Hillsborough,the frustration I have felt from not being able to defend my fellow fans from accusations of hooliganism by some fans of other teams whilst acknowledging the reasons behind their prejudice has been a subconscious burden (I hope people understand what I mean by that?) and the relief I felt after Wednesdays 'revelations' was a strange euphoria.
I don't blame the fans of other teams that were brainwashed,so to speak,by the media and am grateful for the messages of support and apologies.
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2012, 12:07:24 pm »
Thanks for the post

I think people now understand that any match going fan at the time could have been there instead  - and the establishment would have done the same to them.
That should be more than enough for people to come together.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:55 pm »
It's important to remember the speed at which a lie takes hold, especially when it's backed up by people in power and the media.  Remember, it wasn't just that tabloid, but some of the broadsheets went along with the allegations.  It's easy for us to say that you could find the truth out just by looking on the internet but the fact is that while we Liverpool fans knew the sites you could go to, they were buried in amongst yet more sites peddling the lies, the 'self-pity' angle and worse.

I don't blame any person not directly involved in the cover up for not spending the time to research the truth, because I'm sure there are scandals and media-driven lies that we have all bought into over the years.  They are insidious and as people we come to accept them.

The outpouring of support from fans of other clubs has been beautiful and has really taken my breath away.  In this often selfish and crappy world we live in, seeing the "lie" finally become a thing of the sad and bigoted minority is something we should all be proud of.

I'm saving all my anger and bitterness for those that matter... those directly involved in the coverup.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2012, 12:31:09 pm »
I think my shock at just how many people were ignorant about Hillsborough has made my respect for people like you even greater. To all the opposition fans who didn't need this latest report to educate themselves on the subject and support us in our fight over the years, a massive thank you!

I was ignornat once as well and whilst my ignorance wasn't out of malice - more to do with my age, there was a time when i was ignorant too.  I'm glad to have done what i could and i know plenty of others will be as well.

I echo NewHampshire_Exile's thoughts and yet i fully understand where jrkopite is coming from.

Hopefully Stu and others will accept that some will feel that way but not feel pushed away by it.  Such feelings are a result of 23 years of hurt and pain and should be understood. 

What we need now is everyone pulling in the one direction. Learning about Hillsborough has educated on other matters.  For example the 81 semi final.  It beggars belief that the warnings were there and they took no notice.   The footage from 81 says it all.  Look at the number of spurs fans who had to sit on the pitch to escape the potential crush in those pens.

In terms of my own lot, some of the older posters were talking about a specific trip to Nottingham where fans had to scale the barriers because it was too much for them.  Some note "there but for the grace of god".

The most heartbreaking and sickening thing for me is that just after they had died and possibly whilst some of them were still savable, they were being treated like criminals, their families were being treated like criminals.  At the time when they were most vulnerable.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:36:28 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2012, 12:31:48 pm »
After we've been fighting against the tide for twenty odd years it may be understandable to turn around and say 'you should have known about it twenty odd years ago'. Understandable but wrong. I welcome fans of other clubs changing their mind, it's good to see those on Red Cafe changing their minds.

Bettison, Patnick, Mackenzie you can fuck off with your apologies that are about damage limitation rather than sorrow. You were the architects of so much misery, the suicides, the alcholism, the marriage break ups, the twenty three years of pain that so many live with. You can never be paid back for the misery you've caused us.

But those who believed the lies are different, The campaigns have always existed to bring about the truth and Justice and now the majority have seen through their lies we should welcome that and them.

I'm not saying that it's been easy, or looking at this with rose-coloured glasses I was with two survivors when one snapped and couldn't take the shit a Chelsea fan was spouting about Hillsborough, in their end. and ended up with three of us surrounded by a few hundred Chelsea around us at the end of match, I'm sure we've all had difficult arguments but now is the time to accept those who's apologies and solidarity are genuine because with them it will make us stronger and it will be easier to win the fight for justice.

No doubt some of the chanting will continue in parts and it will be tempting to say look nothing's changed but there has been a massive change, a change in our favour, a change we should embrace because it will make us stronger and when the inevitable weasles try to raise doubts it will be them in the minority and isolated and lets face it that's not a nice place to be and they won't have the tenacity and  courage the families and survivors had, through knowing they were telling the truth. Welcome to Rawk, Stu.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48:40 pm »
I'm an Arsenal fan with no allegiances to LFC - but I've been moved to sign up to this forum today to show some solidarity with the fans and families of fans of LFC. I realise that this thread is in the wrong forum but I wasn't able to start one in the Hillsborough forum.

Its hard to express what I really feel - shame is the main feeling. I live in a society where I've allowed this to happen so I feel as much to blame as anyone for the truth not being heard earlier. I hope you can understand but you see the lies were convenient - they fitted and they were easy to swallow. Even as I stood for the minutes silence for the 96 at the Emirates last year I was only really honouring the dead on a human level - even then I was fairly sure of the version of reality that I'd decided upon.

This week has been shocking for me only on the realisation that I've got it wrong for so many years. I'd always known that there were lots of factors at play but having been to so many games in that era I'd just assumed.......but it was wrong.

If I'm this upset I don't know how those of you directly affected can be coping right now. If my changed reality is worth anything to you then here it is - use it and take it for what you can. I and anyone I've spoken to this week am shocked, stunned and absolutely behind the fans and their families. The truth won't be forgotten.  :'(

Good luck with the next steps and I hope you can find something positive to take forwards and find some normality after this.

RIP the 96 and peace for their loved ones.

Thank you gunnerstu.
Kenny Godglish

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:00 pm »
Just signed up to add to the solidarity sentiment of the OP. I am (for my sins) a Lincoln City supporter, which obviously was involved in the other large tragedy in football of the past century, so have always followed the Justice campaign closely, very very happy to see the truth, and await Justice. Irrespective of what journey fans of other clubs took, the destination has become the same, and that's to ensure that this wrong is righted.

Keep fighting the fight lads/lasses, were all behind you.
Thank you Jimmy
Kenny Godglish

Offline Allondon

• Boys Pen
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2012, 02:18:33 pm »
All,  this is a Chelsea season ticket holder coming in peace (no, seriously, I am). 
I didn’t want to post on your forums at such a difficult time, but once I saw this thread, I thought I could post here (really sorry if I’m offending anyone by posting here, being Chelsea and all that…).

I know our clubs have had quite fearsome rivalry of late and some bad blood, but I wanted to let you know how shocking I and other CFC fans (I know at least) have found the recent revelations.

I never, ever joined in with some of the terrible songs my club has sung about that terrible day, during the 70s and 80s, an accident like this was waiting to happen, I remember a lot of CFC away trips where similar scenarios have happened (but luckily not as bad as Hillsborough). 
In-fact, on that terrible day, we were coming home from Leicester where a large amount of our fans were almost crushed (but all well thank god).

Regardless of being Liverpool fans, 96 football fans went to watch a football match and didn’t return and that could have been any one of us during that football era.

Now you have the truth, I do hope you get the justice you deserve.

I’ve purchased YNWA on iTunes and I hope it gets to No. 1 in the charts this week, you should do a campaign at Christmas too!  I’d happily buy it again!

Al, Chelsea fan from London

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2012, 02:26:53 pm »
Fair play to you but it's annoying the amount of people who are now showing "solidarity" after believing all the lies for the last twenty three years.

i agree with this. sorry, but i do. Kinda pissing me off now to be honest, 23 years or being called murderers, killed out own, pissed on the dead, self pity city etc, and no its all ok. Nah. doesnt wash with me. This was about getting the truth for us and the 96, not so other teams fans can all act like they havent ripped into us for 23 years.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »
All,  this is a Chelsea season ticket holder coming in peace (no, seriously, I am)...

Thanks for that Al.

87:13

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2012, 02:41:02 pm »
i agree with this. sorry, but i do. Kinda pissing me off now to be honest, 23 years or being called murderers, killed out own, pissed on the dead, self pity city etc, and no its all ok. Nah. doesnt wash with me. This was about getting the truth for us and the 96, not so other teams fans can all act like they havent ripped into us for 23 years.

I feel we need to give them the benefit of the doubt. They believed a version that was stained with stereotypes that suited a structure that wanted to put Liverpool down. If, upon seeing how wrong they were, there is now a desire to change it should be embraced not rejected. It would be the dignified way to be with fans of other clubs I guess
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »
All,  this is a Chelsea season ticket holder coming in peace (no, seriously, I am). 

Thanks - and credit to the Chelsea fans at last night's under 21 match who applauded N'Goo and his message of support (and booed the ref for booking him).
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline We all stood together

• Boys Pen
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »

I can only speak as an Evertonian and a resident of the city and say people of my age (hopefully the younger to) knew the truth as we lived through it with you and the Taylor report set out the majority of the facts fairly but clearly that said i still found the extent of the cover up absolutely staggering . I haven't signed up to say I've changed my opinion I was sat in the cathedral 23 years ago and I knew the truth then as I do know , I did sign up to say I'm glad (if you can use that word) to see the truth finally being reported and to offer my respect to those who have fought tirelessly .

In defence of those outside the club and the city they've had 23 years of black propaganda , the media and authorities feeding them lies and it's easy to see how faced by deceit from all sides some failed to see the truth. I totally understand the frustration some of you feel but at least now they are seeing the truth and are prepared to march forward with you and on your behalf . This victory is far from won and their support may just prove vital in the journey to come.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:47:03 pm by We all stood together »

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2012, 02:47:10 pm »
I'm an Arsenal fan with no allegiances to LFC - but I've been moved to sign up to this forum today to show some solidarity with the fans and families of fans of LFC. I realise that this thread is in the wrong forum but I wasn't able to start one in the Hillsborough forum.

Its hard to express what I really feel - shame is the main feeling. I live in a society where I've allowed this to happen so I feel as much to blame as anyone for the truth not being heard earlier. I hope you can understand but you see the lies were convenient - they fitted and they were easy to swallow. Even as I stood for the minutes silence for the 96 at the Emirates last year I was only really honouring the dead on a human level - even then I was fairly sure of the version of reality that I'd decided upon.

This week has been shocking for me only on the realisation that I've got it wrong for so many years. I'd always known that there were lots of factors at play but having been to so many games in that era I'd just assumed.......but it was wrong.

If I'm this upset I don't know how those of you directly affected can be coping right now. If my changed reality is worth anything to you then here it is - use it and take it for what you can. I and anyone I've spoken to this week am shocked, stunned and absolutely behind the fans and their families. The truth won't be forgotten.  :'(

Good luck with the next steps and I hope you can find something positive to take forwards and find some normality after this.

RIP the 96 and peace for their loved ones.

Stu,
Some people have come out this week and "apologised" - David Camero (the Black Cat was in the dark room David, and we found it, and we know who switched the fucking lights off), Jack Straw, the FA, SYP, the S**, K**vin Mack**zie and, given they have had most of the facts available to them for a long long time, and given they have a duty to know these facts and act on them, I consider their apologies to be utterly hollow, too little, too late. They have been dragged kicking and screaming to their apologies and, quite frankly, I do not accept them.

Yours appears sincere and heartfelt and is, in my opinion, entirely accepted. You are presumably a busy guy who had no real duty to find the facts that had been buried and no real reason not to accept the received version of truth that the establishment had spun. You have no reason to have ongoing guilt.

Just do whatever you can do to help the campaign for justice, even if its signing online petitions. Oh, and do us a favour my friend, never, ever buy the s*n!

http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/mgFormConfirm.aspx?ContactGUID=%7B80ca5d5b-99b9-4eda-9f4a-856f2d7f6a07%7D&RPID=4521489
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:53:26 pm by Red number seven »
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2012, 02:53:31 pm »
lovely post stu. i hope you stick around.

i wasnt prepared myself to see how many eyes were to be opened. thats a huge victory for the famikies and the club in the search for tge truth and the quest for justice

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2012, 02:54:54 pm »
Paul, my mate, I know exactly what you mean. But this isn't the time and place. Be the bigger person and let the thread run in the manner it was intended. Save your anger for the proper targets.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »

Thanks. Your support is appreciated. Remember though, we've always HAD the truth, so you'll hopefully understand others reactions.

Seems that a lot of fans who travelled everywhere with their own clubs in the 80s have always either known the truth or suspected it.

Also, this...
Just do whatever you can do to help the campaign for justice, even if its signing online petitions. Oh, and do us a favour my friend, never, ever buy the s*n!

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2012, 03:21:28 pm »
Unfortunately the same attitudes will prevail, exemplified by the Man Utd fans this afternoon singing "Always the victims, it's never your fault."
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 03:24:28 pm »
Unfortunately the same attitudes will prevail, exemplified by the Man Utd fans this afternoon singing "Always the victims, it's never your fault."

thats it though isnt it.

People on here was saying "maybe we can build bridges with the utd fans". Some people are naive.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 03:30:41 pm »
A lot of fans from differing clubs have said a lot of things about our club and our City in song and in words. So what to do? I can't forgive that twat at the scum with his fucking apology given out during the silence to our own, so how can I forgive those who have come on here and similarly expressed sorrow and regret yet may have uttered those words and sung those songs with gusto?

I can do it because I have said things in ignorance, I have said things whilst being uninformed only to be proved wrong. I can do it because it is unreserved. I can do it because it feels right...to me. It's a tough call and I have no problem with those who can't, those who hesitate and want more.

I hope we can educate those who now come in peace. We watch carefully how the families react to this new found sense of regret and reconcilliation. Finally, as watchmen, whatever we do, we do it with class and humility and do not crow or act triumphant for that will be manipulated to form a lasting legacy as the fucking establishment lick their wounds and plot their revenge.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 03:48:36 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19584913

1445:

Ground-wide applause at the Britannia Stadium as You'll Never Walk Alone is played over the PA system. We'll no doubt see similar scenes across the country today as fans show solidarity with the Liverpool supporters.

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2012, 04:02:40 pm »

Are you kidding me? If that's the case then it just goes to prove that some are so blinded by tribal loyalty to a football team that they cannot see how bigoted it can make you. It's just irrational, blind hatred.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2012, 04:03:29 pm »
In one.

I recall handing out leaflets to the matchgoers on 'Truth Day'; and trying where possible to talk about ''Truth'' and the part played by McKenzie in dissemination of ''Truth''. I spent quite a long time in the Arkles with the Arsenal fans. Some were happy to engage, some were not. Many of those who talked were unwilling to consider that their opinions (media driven lets not forget) might be wrong; but at least a few were willing to go away and read through some of the material/links I gave them (particularly Kinki/Jim's HFD content).

The most frustrating memory of the day was the way that LIVERPOOL 'fans' ignored us at every turn. Some took the leaflets without any interest, and I watched as almost without exception dropped them seconds later.

Opposition fans weren't the only ones who went along with 'The Truth'.  Many of our own needed to be educated too.

Bang on, I had exactly the same experience. Regardless of who people support, those not directly affected or too ignorant to research the facts will always be swayed by the majority or remain disingenuous.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2012, 04:09:28 pm »
Some really nice stories around the grounds today of solidarity amongst football supporters. The feeling that it's taken 23 years is obviously there but the over-riding emotion is positive, that such a significant result has been achieved.

Hearing stories like Blackpool fans singing Justice For The 96 and Man City fans singing YNWA - heart warming really.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »
Some really nice stories around the grounds today of solidarity amongst football supporters. The feeling that it's taken 23 years is obviously there but the over-riding emotion is positive, that such a significant result has been achieved.

Hearing stories like Blackpool fans singing Justice For The 96 and Man City fans singing YNWA - heart warming really.

Agree, absolutely brilliant from all involved.

As for the 'fans' at Old Trafford - sad, sad people who have probably been waiting eagerly for their five minutes of infamy ever since the HIP report was released. Looking forward to seeing what will happen at our home game instead.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2012, 04:56:03 pm »
I didn’t want to post on your forums at such a difficult time, but once I saw this thread, I thought I could post here (really sorry if I’m offending anyone by posting here, being Chelsea and all that…).

I know our clubs have had quite fearsome rivalry of late and some bad blood, but I wanted to let you know how shocking I and other CFC fans (I know at least) have found the recent revelations.

I never, ever joined in with some of the terrible songs my club has sung about that terrible day, during the 70s and 80s, an accident like this was waiting to happen, I remember a lot of CFC away trips where similar scenarios have happened (but luckily not as bad as Hillsborough). 
In-fact, on that terrible day, we were coming home from Leicester where a large amount of our fans were almost crushed (but all well thank god).

Regardless of being Liverpool fans, 96 football fans went to watch a football match and didn’t return and that could have been any one of us during that football era.

I’ve purchased YNWA on iTunes and I hope it gets to No. 1 in the charts this week, you should do a campaign at Christmas too!  I’d happily buy it again!

Hiya Al,

The way I look at it is we are all football fans and we are all human beings and we all should unite with the Liverpool people for what they have gone through and are still going through through absolutely no fault of their own.  It was South Yorkshire Police who killed 96 innocent people and all they were doing was going to the match supporting their team.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »
Victory for #MUFC but sadly there were some chants during the first half at OT that football can do without. Madness @BenSmithBBC
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2012, 07:41:21 pm »
#MUFC statement: "The manager has made the club's position very clear on this matter. It's now up to the fans to respect that." @BenSmithBBC
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2012, 08:02:05 pm »
There was a great call on 606 from a United fan condemning the Hillsbrough chants that went on today.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »
#MUFC statement: "The manager has made the club's position very clear on this matter. It's now up to the fans to respect that." @BenSmithBBC

Is that all? how about their club coming out and saying they'll start banning supporters that mock the dead.
I also think our club should make that annoucement before next weeks match.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2012, 08:05:48 pm »
Is that all? how about their club coming out and saying they'll start banning supporters that mock the dead.
I also think our club should make that annoucement before next weeks match.

never going to happen.