Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1230911 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #12160 on: October 27, 2021, 03:20:59 pm »
anyone sticking with Foundation? slipping past without being noticed and i can see why. it's fucking shite. i'm sticking with it because I loved the books, but it's ....not Foundation.
Yeah i've decided to stick with it, Apple are going all out with 8 seasons of 80 episodes.

Last few episodes have been a bit bland though.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #12161 on: October 27, 2021, 03:47:07 pm »
Skimmed through the last 3 pages to check, couldn't see references to Guilt series 2, which is my favourite thing on any platforms at the moment. I'm trying to leave it alone to watch along in real time on Thursday nights, but I couldn't stop myself seeing most of this weeks ep3 the other night on the BBC iplayer. Better than the 1st series I reckon. Shame these are only 4 episodes a series.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #12162 on: October 27, 2021, 04:36:15 pm »
Looking forward to the final episode of Kin, Really enjoyed it so far and I hope it ends well.

Watching Mance Rayder going up against little finger is great fun!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12163 on: October 27, 2021, 04:53:34 pm »
I still can't call Cowboy Bebop, it looks faithful to the original but also quite cheap, makes me think it'll be a bit of a soulless clone.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12164 on: October 28, 2021, 11:35:30 am »
The Outlaws is pretty good so far on BBC, produced by and starring Stephen Merchant. It's a comedy drama.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12165 on: October 28, 2021, 01:31:42 pm »
I still can't call Cowboy Bebop, it looks faithful to the original but also quite cheap, makes me think it'll be a bit of a soulless clone.

I think that's more to do with the style,I'm thinking Sin City & Sucker Punch.

Not seen the original anime but saw that they're all on All 4,so I will have a gander.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12166 on: October 28, 2021, 01:40:15 pm »
Looking forward to the final episode of Kin, Really enjoyed it so far and I hope it ends well.

Watching Mance Rayder going up against little finger is great fun!

How can I watch Kin? (I'm not in Ireland).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12167 on: October 28, 2021, 01:54:18 pm »
How can I watch Kin? (I'm not in Ireland).

Apps with a Real Debrid account.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #12168 on: October 28, 2021, 03:04:04 pm »
Apps with a Real Debrid account.

That's how I watch it  ;D

Cinema HD plus a Debrid account is quality!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12169 on: October 28, 2021, 04:01:18 pm »
That's how I watch it  ;D

Cinema HD plus a Debrid account is quality!

Yep,it's as good as any legit vod service.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12170 on: October 28, 2021, 04:59:26 pm »
How much is debrid? Doesn't say anything on their website.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12171 on: October 28, 2021, 05:19:04 pm »
[/img]

I just signed up to the cheap one so i could watch Dune in 4k when that ends i think i will sign up for 3 months one wish i had done that first

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 05:22:07 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12172 on: October 28, 2021, 05:21:17 pm »

Once you sign up for an account it will show you the "premium" tab,click on that & it'll show you the options.

It's (ish) £2.50 for 15 days,£3.40 for 30,£7.60 for 90 & £13.50 for 180.You also get fidelity points that you can cash in for days

If you use this link I'll get 5 days free.

http://real-debrid.com/?id=3207061

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12173 on: October 28, 2021, 05:23:52 pm »
Nice one everyone, will have a look later and download CinemaHD to the firestick.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12174 on: October 28, 2021, 05:30:39 pm »
Nice one everyone, will have a look later and download CinemaHD to the firestick.

CinemaHD is great it how i watch all my films and TV seies best to download Apktime first and get it from there the ads are usally cut from the Apt and there are liaads of other stuff on it.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12175 on: October 28, 2021, 06:23:18 pm »
CinemaHD is great it how i watch all my films and TV seies best to download Apktime first and get it from there the ads are usally cut from the Apt and there are liaads of other stuff on it.

It's better to get it using Downloader or at least that's what I've always done,less clutter on the stick.

Have you noticed that the T lists (next to the magnifying search) are different from the MovieDB one (switch between the 2 by clicking on them) & that if you're not getting search results on one,you can usually get them on the other,I only realised after clicking on it by accident when I wanted to search.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12176 on: October 28, 2021, 06:35:03 pm »
It's better to get it using Downloader or at least that's what I've always done,less clutter on the stick.

Have you noticed that the T lists (next to the magnifying search) are different from the MovieDB one (switch between the 2 by clicking on them) & that if you're not getting search results on one,you can usually get them on the other,I only realised after clicking on it by accident when I wanted to search.

I always use Trakt i have a free account and it how i bookmark the series and films im watching at the time you set you account in Cinemahd then they appear in the favourites in the drop down menu

I use trakt to know if a good version of a film is released if its suddenly trending near the top of Trakt you know one has been released

https://trakt.tv/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 06:38:29 pm by Trada »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12177 on: October 28, 2021, 06:38:02 pm »
I always use Trakt i have a free account and it how i bookmark the series and films im watching at the time you set you account in Cinemahd then they appear in the favourites in the drop down menu

I use trakt to know if a good version of a film is released if its suddenly trending near the top of Trakt you know one has been released

Yeah I've not done that because it's just another way for the law to prove that you're watching other "sources" & even when you watched,I just keep an eye on HD releases (he's also on telegram now).

So the T is trakt then  ;D

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12178 on: October 28, 2021, 06:39:49 pm »
Yeah I've not done that because it's just another way for the law to prove that you're watching other "sources" & even when you watched,I just keep an eye on HD releases (he's also on telegram now).

So the T is trakt then  ;D

Yes the T is what is trending on Trakt

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12179 on: October 29, 2021, 12:51:35 pm »
Slack day at work so watched the first episode of "The North Water"

Cracking opener.  Love gritty period drama/thrillers like this.

Took me to the end of the episode to realise Drax is played by Colin Farrell.

Could have sworn the surgeon was James Norton but i was wrong.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12180 on: October 29, 2021, 11:07:01 pm »
I think people don’t like having to keep track of five concurrent stories. They want to see Aliens and action whereas this is looking at how normal people would deal with a hostile invasion.

It’s a really good take on the genre.

Yes, watched the first four episodes and I'm getting into Invasion, as I'm a sucker for sci-fi anyway.
I really liked the recent "War of the Worlds" as well, with Gabriel Byrne.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12181 on: October 29, 2021, 11:18:27 pm »
The Outlaws is pretty good so far on BBC, produced by and starring Stephen Merchant. It's a comedy drama.
Saw episode 1 and it was good.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12182 on: October 30, 2021, 04:16:09 am »

How can you not mention Christopher Walken is a lead?  ;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12183 on: October 30, 2021, 07:28:31 am »
Anyone seen Chapelle’s new show The Closer? Any good?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12184 on: October 30, 2021, 10:12:44 am »
Up to episode 4 of Kin and while it’s good there is just not one likeable character. I can’t help thinking of Daredevil every time Charlie Cox is on screen either haha.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12185 on: October 30, 2021, 08:31:57 pm »
Just watched the 4th episode of  invasion. I'm enjoying it in a way so far it reminds me of Spielberg's  war of the world following personal stories with a bigger story going on in the background but not right now seeing that.

One thing really bugging me is.,..
Spoiler
The school kid's story what is that giant hole they crashed into that looks like a quarry that hasn't got a route for vehicles to enter it so they have to climb out and how did the bus and the kids survive that fall
[close]

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12186 on: October 30, 2021, 09:43:28 pm »
I know the haters have got to hate... But i really enjoyed the latest episode of Foundation

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12187 on: October 31, 2021, 12:00:34 am »
I know the haters have got to hate... But i really enjoyed the latest episode of Foundation

I've enjoyed them all,it's visually stunning.

Have you been watching the new S2 of Locke & Key ?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12188 on: October 31, 2021, 02:01:07 pm »
Inavsion has been getting pelters, but i must be int he minority that is enjoying the slow paced going of it, no major reveal yet and the character arcs.

I guess this is the thinking person's Alien invasion show. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12189 on: October 31, 2021, 03:03:03 pm »
3 episodes into the ink-black dark, bloody and violent whaling drama, The North Water and completely gripped......Jack O'Connell, superb (as he is in everything) and Colin Farrell outstanding as the brutal, hulking 'Drax' ....can't wait to see how it pans out....word of warning though, some hauntingly realistic scenes of animal slaughter....and you might need a Bovril while watching to combat the frozen wastes......

Yet another cracking mini-review from Pistolero.  My go to man for good TV.

Just finished 'The North Water' on his recommendation.  Absolutely brilliant drama.  As the man says, extremely brutal in parts but nonetheless gripping.  All 5 episodes were class.  Acting masterclasses all round. No weak links in the cast, literally none.   Asides from the main players, special nods to Tom Courtenay as the sneaky shipping executive "Baxter" and Sam Spruell as the ignorant and equally as vulgar first mate, "Cavendish".

Henry Drax (Colin Farrell) may go down as one of the most scary TV villains I've ever come across.  Farrell's Drax reminded me of Oliver Reid's Bill Sykes. Only 10 times more scary and capable of the kind of brutality that would make Sykes look like a nun.

I was planning to read the book on holiday but I don't think being lay on a sun lounger with a cocktail would do it justice.  I need to rent a log cabin somewhere in as icy wilderness and read the novel beside a roaring log fire.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12190 on: October 31, 2021, 09:19:58 pm »
Yes that was a strong episode, seems to be coming together after the last 3 lacklustre episodes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12191 on: October 31, 2021, 09:40:11 pm »
Anyone seen Chapelle’s new show The Closer? Any good?
Nope but I read headlines about negativity about the subject matter.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #12192 on: October 31, 2021, 11:37:40 pm »
Anyone else watching BMF - Black Mafia Family, a 50 Cent tv show, really good so far.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12193 on: November 1, 2021, 12:37:13 am »
Anyone else watching BMF - Black Mafia Family, a 50 Cent tv show, really good so far.

Yeah,enjoying it more than I did the Ghost jnr one,just can't seem to get into that.

Raising Kanan was good as well.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12194 on: November 1, 2021, 11:31:58 am »
Just seen a trailer for the new Sunday night drama due to start.  Think it was called "Showtrial.  Its by the makers of Vigil so not holding my breath for anything ground-breaking.

A huge ultra-modern designer house overlooking a lake seems to be a prominent feature.  Perhaps the house of the series antagonist?  Not sure yet.

I expect we will see the biggest set of Bi-folding doors known to man, very early on.

Showtrial was actually quite good and I'm interested to see where episode 2 takes us.

No bi-folding doors in the opener which was also a good sign.   :)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12195 on: November 1, 2021, 01:36:30 pm »
Showtrial was actually quite good and I'm interested to see where episode 2 takes us.

No bi-folding doors in the opener which was also a good sign.   :)

I enjoyed it as well, it was getting a lot of flak on Twitter as being to sloiw moving not sure what people were execting from the 1st one which had to set up the story, crime and the characters  and its only the 1st of 5 episodes

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12196 on: November 1, 2021, 03:42:18 pm »
Paris Police 1900 on iPlayer.

Corruption, anti-Semitism, police brutality, degenerate upper classes and attempted pornographic blackmail.

Like a French Ripper Street on speed.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #12197 on: November 1, 2021, 04:11:30 pm »

Corruption, anti-Semitism, police brutality, degenerate upper classes and attempted pornographic blackmail.

Interesting

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12198 on: November 1, 2021, 06:20:07 pm »

Rename it to "London Police 1982"

:)

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12199 on: November 1, 2021, 11:35:46 pm »
Inavsion has been getting pelters, but i must be int he minority that is enjoying the slow paced going of it, no major reveal yet and the character arcs.

I guess this is the thinking person's Alien invasion show. :D

Yeah, I’m loving it, we’re only receiving the same information about the invasion as the characters in the show, so we’re having to piece it together too. We have the advantage of knowing it’s an alien invasion of course, but we’ve not seen anything the characters haven’t seen yet. Usually we’d have been shown far more of the invaders and their ships etc.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.