Author Topic: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!  (Read 118720 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!
« Reply #760 on: October 5, 2021, 03:16:57 pm »
Sleaford Mods

Billy no Mates

these are the two I'm aware of

sure there's more around that I haven't discovered

Sat next to 'Billy Nomates' in a burrito bar the other week, but ultimately decided not to say hello - she was busy chatting to someone who seemed to be 'tour manager', and I felt like I'd have opened with asking if she was playing anywhere that night but would have felt guilty for saying "oh, no, I'm going somewhere else actually"! 'Regretted' it a little bit afterwards - I'd have been no hassle and perhaps the acknowledgement would have been appreciated!

Might send you some links later on if you're happy to humour/indulge me ;D

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #761 on: October 6, 2021, 07:47:20 am »
Gutted that I can't realistically get to ADE this year, though have booked for next year from Wednesday through to the Monday.

Always wanted to go to that Sadly think my "raving" days are over

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: October 6, 2021, 01:21:33 pm »
Always wanted to go to that Sadly think my "raving" days are over

Raving days are never over
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #763 on: October 12, 2021, 12:00:56 pm »
Got tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers in Manchester in June of next year, for their world tour. Stupidly priced at £90 a pop for standing, but probably will be the only chance I'll ever get to see John Frusciante play live.

Also got Elton John at Anfield next year for his farewell tour, also in June. Christmas present for me Ma, she'll be buzzing when she finds out.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #764 on: October 19, 2021, 12:56:18 pm »
Booked flights to Dublin earlier today and now locked in for The War On Drugs @ 3Arena. All I need now is tickets to the derby and I'm sorted.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #765 on: October 22, 2021, 06:25:41 pm »
What's the deal with selling tickets these days? Can no longer sell them for higher than face value on ticketmaster?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: October 22, 2021, 09:48:04 pm »
What's the deal with selling tickets these days? Can no longer sell them for higher than face value on ticketmaster?

Ticketmaster are re-enforcing the fact its for re-selling tickets that can't be used for face value only. The usual online ticket vulture websites still thrive.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #767 on: October 24, 2021, 09:25:02 am »
Ticketmaster are re-enforcing the fact its for re-selling tickets that can't be used for face value only. The usual online ticket vulture websites still thrive.

Stubhub doesn't seem to be working but i see listed tickets?

With Ticketmaster though i've seen re-sell tickets on there for sale for nearly triple the price? How is that possible if not allowed to sell them for more than face value

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: October 29, 2021, 12:46:23 pm »
Just locked in The War On Drugs @ 3Arena in Dublin and Groove Armada @ Brixton Academy on Easter Sunday.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #769 on: November 5, 2021, 11:56:29 am »
Going to see Idlewild at Manchester Ritz in a few weekends time - want to grab one of the stools on the balcony, so need to be early but have noticed that doors are open at 18:30. We play Arsenal at 17:30 so it's going to be the pub for the first half and watching the match at the venue on a phone for the second.

Where's the best place to watch the match and grab some food near Oxford Road station?

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #770 on: December 9, 2021, 11:12:49 am »
Bit of a 90s week for me - Shed Seven last Friday and The Charlatans last night, both in Liverpool. Dead enjoyable, feel-good stuff - get the impression the bands are just delighted to still be getting such large audience, and that the fans are just delighted to still be able to get out to see them.

Suffered a direct hit from a flying Guinness during the final song last night  :-X ;D Tend to be quite philosophical about these things, but who does that...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #771 on: December 14, 2021, 11:35:46 am »
Bit of a 90s week for me - Shed Seven last Friday and The Charlatans last night, both in Liverpool. Dead enjoyable, feel-good stuff - get the impression the bands are just delighted to still be getting such large audience, and that the fans are just delighted to still be able to get out to see them.

Suffered a direct hit from a flying Guinness during the final song last night  :-X ;D Tend to be quite philosophical about these things, but who does that...

Funnily enough i was struck by a flying pint of piss during the last song at my last Macc Lads gig back in 2018 (i'd been covered by several pints of lager throughout)

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: December 14, 2021, 03:15:17 pm »
Funnily enough i was struck by a flying pint of piss during the last song at my last Macc Lads gig back in 2018 (i'd been covered by several pints of lager throughout)

TBF probably serves you right for going to a Macc Lads gig.

Can't believe they were still going in 2018.

Tis a weird world
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #773 on: December 14, 2021, 03:31:56 pm »
TBF probably serves you right for going to a Macc Lads gig.

Can't believe they were still going in 2018.

Tis a weird world

It was a comeback tour, first tour since 1995

Just bought their calendar for work

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #774 on: December 14, 2021, 10:52:18 pm »

First gig I went to was The Charlatans!

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #775 on: December 14, 2021, 11:36:36 pm »
I have just been to see W.H Lung in Birmingham at probably my smallest gig ever - approx. 80 people. Wow, what a great band live. Superb energy and a cracking front man.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #776 on: December 15, 2021, 08:58:58 am »
Saw Little Simz last night, absolutely fucking fantastic.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: December 15, 2021, 10:57:12 am »
I have just been to see W.H Lung in Birmingham at probably my smallest gig ever - approx. 80 people. Wow, what a great band live. Superb energy and a cracking front man.

Well jel, as the kids say. I'm listening to them right now. Bet they're great live.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 15, 2021, 11:46:34 am »
Saw Little Simz last night, absolutely fucking fantastic.
Seeing her in the summer hopefully. Can't wait. Good to hear she is good live.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #779 on: December 15, 2021, 11:50:43 am »
Not been to gigs since before the first lockdown.

Then went to the rearranged 40th Anniversary gigs for New Model Army at Rock City in Nottingham on both the Friday and Saturday.  They were amazing, as always.
Following week, went to see a much smaller gig - Riskee & the Ridicule - which was excellent.

This Friday, I've got the Levellers doing 30 years of Levelling the Land album (a year late), again in Nottingham.

Really missed live music.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #780 on: January 11, 2022, 02:50:41 pm »
Anybody going to see anyone during the next month or two? Seeing some tours going ahead and others postponed/cancelled, and I'm sure there's a varied attitude towards it/desire to go amongst usual gig-goers too.

Was scheduled to see music-thread darlings Wolf Alice this month, but that ones been cancelled - tickets in hand for Idles and Cast though, and I might get pick up tickets for the Bunnymen and Big Thief too.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #781 on: January 11, 2022, 03:43:08 pm »
Not been to gigs since before the first lockdown.

Then went to the rearranged 40th Anniversary gigs for New Model Army at Rock City in Nottingham on both the Friday and Saturday.  They were amazing, as always.
Following week, went to see a much smaller gig - Riskee & the Ridicule - which was excellent.

This Friday, I've got the Levellers doing 30 years of Levelling the Land album (a year late), again in Nottingham.

Really missed live music.

do they still wear clogs?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: January 11, 2022, 04:09:35 pm »
Anybody going to see anyone during the next month or two? Seeing some tours going ahead and others postponed/cancelled, and I'm sure there's a varied attitude towards it/desire to go amongst usual gig-goers too.

Was scheduled to see music-thread darlings Wolf Alice this month, but that ones been cancelled - tickets in hand for Idles and Cast though, and I might get pick up tickets for the Bunnymen and Big Thief too.

I had tickets for Wolf Alice too  ;D

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: January 11, 2022, 04:43:10 pm »
Levellers were the last band I went to see before lockdown, Grand Central Hall 1st March 2020, they were good but though I'm certainly no expert the sound didn't seem great, maybe the high ceilings.

I went to see Wolf Alice in Liverpool Central library with my wife (not sure if I'm allowed to say that) and we both loved it, just checked and it was 7th December 2013, can't believe it was that long ago.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #784 on: January 11, 2022, 04:46:46 pm »
Got tkt to see Low in May..before then hope to see Smiths tribute band end Feb with me teenage lad who's discovered them..depends on Lockdown ( Were in Amsterdam)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: January 11, 2022, 09:07:38 pm »

Was meant to be seeing Poppy this weekend but it's been postponed again, original gig was scheduled to be March 2020 and she's changed genre at least twice since the tickets were booked ::)  Got a couple of others in February and March but they're also touring acts so I guess we'll see.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: January 11, 2022, 09:43:36 pm »
Anybody going to see anyone during the next month or two?

The Skints in Exeter

On-U sound inc Adrian Serwood, African Head Charge and Tackhead in Bristol

And possibly Steel Pulse, also in Bristol

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: January 11, 2022, 09:52:10 pm »
Sons Of Kemet at the end of February. Will be my first gig in 2 years if it happens - skipped anything in the brief period we (Ireland) were having gigs - have held out for something special as first back, praying we'll be open-ish by then again. 50/50 I reckon.   

Have a Green Man ticket I've deferred twice for August too though.  Will 100% go to that. Ferry etc booked for this year and doing the full weeks camping with the kids (with hopefully Filler and Sam and their progeny too)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:55:06 pm by Chip Evans »

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #788 on: January 12, 2022, 08:02:05 am »
Anybody going to see anyone during the next month or two?

Was seeing Wolf Alice too, now postponed as was Peter Hook and the Light. Idles this Sunday.
Then The Wedding Present, The Libertines, and The Cribs in the next month or so, subject to postponment of course.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: February 7, 2022, 05:56:01 pm »
First one of the year

The Skints in Exeter on Wednesday

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #790 on: February 7, 2022, 10:12:51 pm »
Was seeing Wolf Alice too, now postponed as was Peter Hook and the Light. Idles this Sunday.
Then The Wedding Present, The Libertines, and The Cribs in the next month or so, subject to postponment of course.

I've had a Dinosaur Jr gig postponed from March, which makes me wonder if Eels' one will also go the same way. Hoping gigs for 'home' bands all go ahead without issue.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #791 on: February 8, 2022, 03:59:04 am »
do they still wear clogs?

Some of the New Model Army fans wear clogs, but not like it was in the 80s and 90s. The average age of those at the gigs has risen somewhat, but it is good to see some younger people there, including teenagers as well.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #792 on: February 8, 2022, 07:21:46 am »
Sons Of Kemet at the end of February. Will be my first gig in 2 years if it happens - skipped anything in the brief period we (Ireland) were having gigs - have held out for something special as first back, praying we'll be open-ish by then again. 50/50 I reckon.   

Have a Green Man ticket I've deferred twice for August too though.  Will 100% go to that. Ferry etc booked for this year and doing the full weeks camping with the kids (with hopefully Filler and Sam and their progeny too)

GM is announced this week! Brilliant place.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: March 4, 2022, 12:08:29 pm »
Beautiful Days line up announced.

It's dreadful, their line-up has been getting worse year by year, but they've excelled themselves this year.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: March 4, 2022, 12:44:45 pm »
Would struggle to make a decent 1 day event out of that nevermind 3, shocking!

Glasto line up announced today, headliners I could give or take but so much goodness underneath.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: March 4, 2022, 12:47:22 pm »
Would struggle to make a decent 1 day event out of that nevermind 3, shocking!

Glasto line up announced today, headliners I could give or take but so much goodness underneath.

Agree re Glasto line up.

Beautiful Days - 2 bands I could watch on main stage, couple of acts in Little Big Top, that's it.

Shame as I get a free all areas ticket every year, but I don't think it's worth bothering this year.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: March 4, 2022, 01:57:50 pm »
LCD Soundsystem just announced a London residency at the end of June/start of July. On a similar 2000's indie/electro tip, it looks like Le Tigre have reformed. They're playing a yank festival at the end of August, which might well mean UK shows next year.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: March 4, 2022, 06:55:11 pm »
LCD Soundsystem just announced a London residency at the end of June/start of July. On a similar 2000's indie/electro tip, it looks like Le Tigre have reformed. They're playing a yank festival at the end of August, which might well mean UK shows next year.

LCD Soundsystem are doing 4 nights at a new Boston.Ma venue, start of April $75 plus fees.Da fuck is that about?!

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: March 4, 2022, 07:07:40 pm »

LCD Soundsystem are doing 4 nights at a new Boston.Ma venue, start of April $75 plus fees.Da fuck is that about?!

Shame

I've seen them live twice - excellent

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: March 11, 2022, 03:43:32 pm »
Anyone get tickets for LCD Soundsystem in Brixton? That's a show I'd travel to London for, they are on my to-do list.

The weekend shows have sold out, midweek is not an option due to the 600 mile round trip.