Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
The three times I've done something overly sociable without masks this year - two gigs and my work's Christmas do at what was essentially a nightclub, I've come down feeling awful the next day and for at least a week or two.

Sore throat, dry cough, achy muscles, headache, etc. I took a PCR all three times and they've come back as negative, but it's now getting to the point where I'm wondering what the fuck's going on with my immune system... It's not like I've been a hermit during this whole thing. I've had to get the tube and go to work plenty of times over the last couple of years, it's just mixing in very large crowds that seems to be ruining me every time.

Considering flu and other viruses are outcompeted by COVID, it's just very strange that I'm getting all the symptoms of COVID but it turns out to just be some other bug. I feel fucking awful each time so I wouldn't risk my chances with COVID to be honest...

We had 18 months of very little mixing, lockdowns etc etc.  At that time we had very few bugs, colds, viruses doing their rounds.  Now we've got these 'super' colds, coughs and other viruses everywhere with little immunity towards them.  I know a couple of people who have had covid recently and had mild symptoms, but have felt bloody awful with other cold like viruses in the last few months. 
Media and Arts / Re: What was the last book you read?
« Last post by Corkboy on Today at 03:20:48 pm »
Just finished reading The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin yesterday. Good SciFi story that follows a character traveling from his home planet where society is anarchic and egalitarian to a new planet where capitalism reigns. I preferred her later book Left Hand of Darkness but this is worth reading as well.

We have a sci fi thread if you're interested.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=160678.0
The Boozer / Re: Work's Christmas Party
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 03:19:55 pm »

Does that 'Yorkshire Popcorn'* say the flavour is Salt & Sweat??

* WTF? Such a self-important bunch of pricks

;D

Nah, its sweet
Every victory lands a team 2.8m

Which is nice but Jota's injury last season most likely cost us far, far more than that.
Would leave almost everyone who started v Wolves back in Liverpool

Kelleher
Williams-Konate-Phillips-Tsimikas
Ox-Henderson-Morton
Minamino-Jota-Origi

Henderson & Jota both off on 45/60 etc.
Gomez & Keita off the bench if possible

Every victory lands a team 2.8m
Sorry for the hold up.

Ronaldo Keane Carvalho Cole

Strong first 4 if I say so myself.

Vote winning stuff. Four good players in isolation though!
Technology and Science / Re: Favourite Aircraft
« Last post by stjohns on Today at 03:18:15 pm »
Theoretically, if you got hit by one of those rounds, you would be dead before the burp reaches you.

Absolutely. 100 1lb rounds a second. Glad I was the other end of the valley.
Media and Arts / Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Last post by Barefoot Doctor on Today at 03:18:01 pm »
Sounds like Kyle O'Reilly is finishing up with NXT this week.

And they're heavily teasing Gargano's departure, which makes me think he's maybe signed a new WWE deal.
Sorry for the hold up.

Ronaldo Keane Carvalho Cole

Strong first 4 if I say so myself.
General Football and Sport / Re: (American) College Football
« Last post by Lone Star Red on Today at 03:16:50 pm »
I want to see who the OC, OL and Strength coach is.
I like the hire but they need get the offense right. He one of the best DC in the country and I dont think he was leaving Clemson for many Head coaching jobs.

Agree that we need to get the hires right. Most important to me is the S&C coach - that guy sets the tone for the players on a daily basis and by most accounts, the guy we have had for the last several years, was less than ideal.

We'll be fine on offense. The last 6 offensive coordinators have gone on to be head coach's after being OC at OU. There will be no shortage of interested and very talented guys wanting that job. Early signs point to Ole Miss's OC, Jeff Lebby, who is also an OU alum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10