Author Topic: The Kingdom Untied - Pfeffel the Liar is STILL PM of these Sceptered Isles  (Read 141513 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Yup, and it will sadly make fuck all difference to anything. He’ll still be elected Tory leader by the membership because you know, he’s Boris so it’s all ok.
The fact his utterly lazy and has been an utter disaster as foreign secretary really should be a warning to them.

But they’ve been swayed by some jingoistic spear waving.

Johnson doubtless has the innate ability to be a very good PM. But he utterly squanders his talent
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan

Chose life?
Choose a Tory PM.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite

Stewart wins for me, nothing wrong with a dod of Opium, the discerning and cultivated mans distraction from earthly woes...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3iQEfAwl_6E&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3iQEfAwl_6E&amp;feature=share</a>
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Chose life?
Choose a Tory PM.

Who cares what they did or didn't take??

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Chose life?
Choose a Tory PM.

It doesnt matter and I very much doubt the public care.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It doesnt matter and I very much doubt the public care.

The public might not but I suspect the Tory membership who are electing our next prime minister might.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
The public might not but I suspect the Tory membership who are electing our next prime minister might.

Will they? Not convinced that even they would care.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
I wonder if the media are looking at documents they have signed to see if they have lied on them, like USA visa's asks the question about taking drugs. Nigella Lawson was stopped from travelling to the USA for a while when the story of her drug taking came out.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Will they? Not convinced that even they would care.
I think you’re probably right. Mind you, that does bring into question the drugs policy they chose to ignore.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I wonder if the media are looking at documents they have signed to see if they have lied on them, like USA visa's asks the question about taking drugs. Nigella Lawson was stopped from travelling to the USA for a while when the story of her drug taking came out.
Do you think Corbyn hasn’t done drugs too?

Of course he has.

(It certainly would explain a lot I have to say)
W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Of course he has.

Like I said, who really cares??

I'd rather someone admit to have taken some drugs than be an oppressed, bible basher.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2019, 02:37:03 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Like I said, who really cares??

I'd rather someone admit to have taken some drugs than be an oppressed, bible basher.
I agree. 

But people shouldn’t be hypocrites when it’s bloody obvious that they’re dude have done the same.

Virtually everyone has tried drugs.
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Of course he has.

his support of the likes of hamas and hezbollah might make the visa application tricky

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Some mad as fuck policy 'pledges' coming out as they bid to win over the membership. Baffled to fuck how they think any of it happens without consulting an electorate a bit bigger than the one to which they're playing. "Let's abolish VAT and see what happens to public services." "No, let's give the top 10% of earners a tax cut - they've had it hard this past decade."

Current standings of candidates and public backers. They need 8 by tomorrow to get onto the first round ballot. If Rudd's coming out for Hunt then Hammond won't be too far behind. The 'moderate' choice. Jesus.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson 56
Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove 33
Jeremy C*nt 31
Dominic Raab 23
Sajid Javid 16
Matt Hancock 12
Mark Harper 6
Esther McVey 5
Rory Stewart 5
Sam Gyimah 3
Andrea Leadsom 2
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Esther McVey has more than double the number for leadsom ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Esther McVey has more than double the number for leadsom ;D

According to Indie's John Rentoul, Leadsom is giving out she has enough support waiting. Still 110 Tories to say which way, if any, so it's possible.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Everyday one of them makes a stupid clanger. They really are utter dogshit. Its brilliant.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Brex-Factor - world's worst reality show... who will make it to no. 10?
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2019, 07:23:34 am »
Everyday one of them makes a stupid clanger. They really are utter dogshit. Its brilliant.

It might be if the opposition weren't just as incompetent.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2019, 07:34:01 am »
Johnson offering tax cuts for the rich. Bravo.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2019, 07:37:52 am »
Johnson offering tax cuts for the rich. Bravo.

Funded partially by a higher national insurance rate according to 5 live this morning.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2019, 07:53:51 am »
Funded partially by a higher national insurance rate according to 5 live this morning.

Haha, brilliant. He is clearly doing it for the membership but its going to play shite with the public or just be another lie from his fat, racist, cesspit of a mouth.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2019, 08:59:25 am »
Haha, brilliant. He is clearly doing it for the membership but its going to play shite with the public or just be another lie from his fat, racist, cesspit of a mouth.
That combination (increase the threshold from £50k to £80k for higher rate income tax, and increasing NI to cover it) may actually play quite well in the areas a Tory leader needs to. For the aspirational who can see themselves entering the £50k bracket, they'd be better off. Those who vote Tory (or consider voting Tory) who are never going to earn that already do so for other reasons than tax policy - social conservatism or general stupidity. Essentially it'll be a bribe to 'moderate' natural Tories in south/central England (particularly in the prosperous towns and cities where Tory voters were most split on the subject) that although Brexit might damage the economy, they'll keep more of their own money to mitigate the damage. Boris has never given a toss about the rest of the country, or those earning even decent/above average wages or below.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2019, 09:47:46 am »
So, I pay more tax so better off people can pay les tax?

How the hell does that work??  Not that I’m poorly paid, I’m not, but this seems to be a pointless redistribution
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2019, 09:55:44 am »
That combination (increase the threshold from £50k to £80k for higher rate income tax, and increasing NI to cover it) may actually play quite well in the areas a Tory leader needs to. For the aspirational who can see themselves entering the £50k bracket, they'd be better off. Those who vote Tory (or consider voting Tory) who are never going to earn that already do so for other reasons than tax policy - social conservatism or general stupidity. Essentially it'll be a bribe to 'moderate' natural Tories in south/central England (particularly in the prosperous towns and cities where Tory voters were most split on the subject) that although Brexit might damage the economy, they'll keep more of their own money to mitigate the damage. Boris has never given a toss about the rest of the country, or those earning even decent/above average wages or below.

It will work well with the shrinking Tory base, but outside of that I don’t see how it can be electorally beneficial. If they put their effort into cutting the lower rate it will benefit everyone (including the Tory base) as well as floating voters, but just targeting the 40% seems very short sighted to get himself the leaders job, but after that will be very expensive, benefit a limited number of people and play to all the Tory stereotypes they are so keen to refute.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2019, 09:59:33 am »

How the hell does that work??
Trickle down, dontchya know. Not discredited and disproven, at all. Honest.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2019, 10:03:45 am »
In an interview on the Today programme this morning Paul Johnson, the director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, said that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s plan for a tax cut for high earners would be particularly advantageous to wealthy pensioners. He explained:

What [Johnson] has said is that he wants to raise the point at which you start to pay higher rate tax to £80,000. But at the same time, and this does make sense, you would increase the national insurance ceiling to the same level. So the net cost would be in the order of £10bn a year. That’s obviously a lot of money. It helps the 10% highest earners. And it is worth saying that the group who would benefit the most would be the high-income pensioners who don’t pay national insurance at all. So there’s a particular group who do particularly well - that’s those over the age of state pension age with more than £80,000 a year.

By remarkable coincidence, wealthy pensioners are disproportionately represented amongst the Conservative party membership, the group that will select the next leader. According to a study of party membership published last year (pdf) by academics from the Mile End Institute, the average age of Conservative party members is 57 and 44% of them are above the age of 65.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2019, 10:04:19 am »
It will work well with the shrinking Tory base, but outside of that I don’t see how it can be electorally beneficial. If they put their effort into cutting the lower rate it will benefit everyone (including the Tory base) as well as floating voters, but just targeting the 40% seems very short sighted to get himself the leaders job, but after that will be very expensive, benefit a limited number of people and play to all the Tory stereotypes they are so keen to refute.
Large numbers of voters constantly vote 'aspirationally' rather than realistically. If they didn't, the Tory vote would have been 10-15 points lower for decades. In times of economic uncertainty, there's an even greater tendency to vote for more money in your own pocket. The 'trickle down' nonsense still plays well also in the same circles, because the 'wealth creators' in the city and the small businesses/self employed Tory core like to see themselves (rather than government spending) as the driving force of the economy.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2019, 10:09:15 am »

They deserve it. They've worked harder than you, pleb.

So this article has popped up on ConservativeHome endorsing Boris.

https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2019/06/johnson-not-the-prime-minister-we-deserve-but-the-prime-minister-we-need-right-npw.html

The whole crux of the article is that Johnson might or might not be an okay PM (depends if he can be bothered to apply himself), but his key attribute is being able to win the next GE that they assume is around the corner. There's no humility in Tory circles. There's no "whoops, actually our 9 years of Austerity have fucked over the most vulnerable in society, and our chasing of the Brexit dragon has caused societal cohesion to collapse utterly. Maybe we'd be best off out of power for a bit to allow things to recover." No, not for them, the shame of failure. It's all about winning the next election, power to be retained at any cost, even by putting a clown into no.10.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2019, 10:22:53 am »
Lorraine Kelly is not a fan of McVey:

https://twitter.com/matthewchampion/status/1138003648125030401

Ouch....  ;D

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2019, 11:07:06 am »
In an interview on the Today programme this morning Paul Johnson, the director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, said that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson’s plan for a tax cut for high earners would be particularly advantageous to wealthy pensioners. He explained:

What [Johnson] has said is that he wants to raise the point at which you start to pay higher rate tax to £80,000. But at the same time, and this does make sense, you would increase the national insurance ceiling to the same level. So the net cost would be in the order of £10bn a year. That’s obviously a lot of money. It helps the 10% highest earners. And it is worth saying that the group who would benefit the most would be the high-income pensioners who don’t pay national insurance at all. So there’s a particular group who do particularly well - that’s those over the age of state pension age with more than £80,000 a year.

By remarkable coincidence, wealthy pensioners are disproportionately represented amongst the Conservative party membership, the group that will select the next leader. According to a study of party membership published last year (pdf) by academics from the Mile End Institute, the average age of Conservative party members is 57 and 44% of them are above the age of 65.

Seriously how many pensioners earn £80k+ though? It’s gonna be a tiny percentage of the population.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2019, 11:15:11 am »
Seriously how many pensioners earn £80k+ though? It’s gonna be a tiny percentage of the population.

But it's a large percentage of the Tory membership.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2019, 11:24:57 am »

Exactly. It's presumably ex-CEOs, ex-Generals, ex-MPs so on.

---

According to Raab, apparently the Brexit talks have 'humiliated' Britain. Oh well, probably the fault of the Brexit secretaries...

And his big Brexit plan is to go to Brussels and demand they accept the Malthouse compromise. Essentially "Can we have the WA without the backstop please". I'm not sure who he's demanding that of, because the EU have dismantled their team.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2019, 01:08:44 pm »
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2019, 02:24:03 pm »

Even within their membership I doubt it’s that large. £80k a year is a very good wage when your in full time work, never mind as a pensioner.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2019, 02:53:51 pm »
Even within their membership I doubt it’s that large. £80k a year is a very good wage when your in full time work, never mind as a pensioner.

Did you not read to the end of my original post???

"By remarkable coincidence, wealthy pensioners are disproportionately represented amongst the Conservative party membership, the group that will select the next leader. According to a study of party membership published last year (pdf) by academics from the Mile End Institute, the average age of Conservative party members is 57 and 44% of them are above the age of 65 . The same study says 86% of members are social class ABC1 (ie, middle class)."

Take a look:

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/qmul/media/publications/Grassroots,-Britain's-Party-Members.pdf

"The over 65s make up around 18% of the UK population, which means that members of all parties are relatively grey-haired (see Table 1).  That said, the over 65s constitute 44% of the Conservative Party membership compared to around 30% of each of the other parties. Although more than a quarter of the members of all the parties are aged between 65 and 74, significantly more Tory members are 75 and over."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:02:43 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2019, 04:20:35 pm »
That feeling when you've just promised to shut parliament down to leave the EU and an islamophobic, Trump-supporting, white supremacist storms the stage to denounce you for failing to do it sooner. Almost as if trying to hold a bidding war on Brexit with the far right doesn't actually satisfy the far right.

https://twitter.com/tpgcolson/status/1138046173560922113

(Business Insider's Thomas Coulson with the twitter video of Esther McVey's leadership campaign launch.)

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2019, 04:22:08 pm »
Foreign Secretary and Conservative leadership candidate @Jeremy_Hunt says he would like to see the legal time limit on abortions reduced from 24 weeks to 12.

#Ridge

For more, head here: http://po.st/dMreGx

https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1137648043904385025

And he's considered one of the "moderate" candidates

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2019, 04:44:32 pm »
https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1137648043904385025

And he's considered one of the "moderate" candidates

Bloody hell i wonder who labelled him a moderate, ever.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2019, 05:37:40 pm »

Of course he has.

I disagree. I think Corbyn has never done drugs, and it explains a lot. 

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2019, 05:41:25 pm »
Sam Gyimah has pulled out, citing lack of support. Whether that means he didn't get the 8 endorsements he doesn't say. But it does mean the lone voice of People's Vote has been silenced.