Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530696 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers
« Reply #4040 on: September 13, 2019, 01:00:29 pm »
No I mean the politicians, if a lot of big businesses that contribute to politcians stop doing it because they support the NRA maybe they'll do something about it, politicians follow the money.

That is the only way changes will ever be made, affect the incomes of the politicians and money men.

I honestly don't think America can ever fix its problems, they've let it escalate into a ridiculous situation. In the UK, Australia etc, we had well regulated firearms ownership, we had low ownership rates, low usage by criminals and we knew where they were, so banning and getting them in was eeasy. The USA does not know where the 300,000,000 guns are, I cannot find any figures for how many millions are in criminal hands. I can guarantee if there is a sniff of a ban, hundreds of thousands of legal guns will "disappear"

Suicide still makes up the majority of gun deaths in the USA, In 2017 it was almost 24,000 or 64%, with 14500 homicides. The place is fucked up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: This month's mass shooting The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers
« Reply #4041 on: September 13, 2019, 03:29:59 pm »
It's starting to look like the only way to change things is if NRA members start getting shot.

But that wont happen because guns are banned from NRA meetings.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4042 on: September 13, 2019, 05:17:48 pm »
But that wont happen because guns are banned from NRA meetings.

Shoot them in the car park, open up on them with AR-15's, it'd be a turkey shoot.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4043 on: September 13, 2019, 07:43:25 pm »
Guns don't kill people, vaping does.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49667688

US President Donald Trump has announced that his administration will ban flavoured e-cigarettes, after a spate of vaping-related deaths.

It's like the gun lobby and cigarette companies have an influence on US policy... 
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4044 on: September 13, 2019, 08:27:41 pm »
Guns don't kill people, vaping does.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49667688

It's like the gun lobby and cigarette companies have an influence on US policy... 

The only thing that can stop a bad buy with a vape is a good good guy with a vape.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4045 on: September 14, 2019, 03:31:28 am »
No - criminals don't obey the law. Figures for 11th september show that over 30 people have been shot dead in Chicago and Baltimore so far this month. At some point those guns will have been legal, I very much doubt they are now and there is no way, without a huge drive and expenditure to sort the issue, they will get these off the streets.

That's too simplistic, nearly all the weapons in the hands of criminals started off as legal weapons. You have to reduce the supply to criminals with easily attainable things like closing private sale loopholes, safe storage etc, etc. Guns do not last forever, they are damaged, discarded after use in crimes, confiscated by the police etc, etc. Criminals need a steady supply of weapons to replace the ones lost through natural attrition, currently it is all too easy.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: September 14, 2019, 11:54:09 am »
That's too simplistic, nearly all the weapons in the hands of criminals started off as legal weapons. You have to reduce the supply to criminals with easily attainable things like closing private sale loopholes, safe storage etc, etc. Guns do not last forever, they are damaged, discarded after use in crimes, confiscated by the police etc, etc. Criminals need a steady supply of weapons to replace the ones lost through natural attrition, currently it is all too easy.
Not only that, but it becomes much more difficult for criminals if the mere possession of a firearm is a serious offense.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4047 on: September 14, 2019, 05:46:08 pm »
Not only that, but it becomes much more difficult for criminals if the mere possession of a firearm is a serious offense.

They use them to commit murder, whats more serious than that?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4048 on: September 14, 2019, 06:29:58 pm »
You know what he means, surely? Ownership and carry laws apply as much to criminals as to the law abiding. So in open carry regions someone with criminal intent can walk about with a firearm, openly, and nothing can be done about it as they are not breaking the law. They can carry weapons in their vehicles, legally. They can practice and pose and show their guns, all legally.

That's going to make being a criminal a lot easier than if they risked arrest just for having a gun on their person or in their vehicle or home. They could travel from their home to the scene of the planned crime openly carrying a gun and not be stopped. Try doing that in the UK.

Liberal gun laws make life easier for criminals.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: September 14, 2019, 10:44:02 pm »
You know what he means, surely? Ownership and carry laws apply as much to criminals as to the law abiding. So in open carry regions someone with criminal intent can walk about with a firearm, openly, and nothing can be done about it as they are not breaking the law. They can carry weapons in their vehicles, legally. They can practice and pose and show their guns, all legally.

That's going to make being a criminal a lot easier than if they risked arrest just for having a gun on their person or in their vehicle or home. They could travel from their home to the scene of the planned crime openly carrying a gun and not be stopped. Try doing that in the UK.

Exactly.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: September 15, 2019, 12:24:18 am »

You're obviously one from the school of 'if it wont fix the problem immediately we shouldn't bother doing anything about it'  ::) 

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: September 15, 2019, 12:23:10 pm »

I get what he means, with relaxed laws, then its easy for a legal owner to have a gun in their possession and commit murder. However, the USA is so far beyond fucked with the ridiculous laws they have had in place since Samuel Colt started selling his revolvers, they are totally fucked.

Handguns have been banned in the UK since the late 90's, we had extremely strict laws on possession and carry before the ban - not in view, only to be carried to and from a range, no detours allowed, must be locked away at home unless being cleaned. Criminals found it difficult to get guns, but they still carried and killed.Since the handgun ban, people still get shot and killed with handguns.

(Open carry btw is carrying where it is in view, eg in a hip holster, visible to everyone. Concealed carry is where is it not visible, so that can be under a coat, in the car etc)

Open carry is illegal in Illinois, these are the figures for 2019 for Chicago ALONE

Shot and killed 341
Shot and Wounded 1657
Total Shot 1998

For September
Shot and killed 24
Shot and Wounded 108
Total Shot 132

This Week
Shot and killed 16
Shot and Wounded 57
Total Shot 73

You're obviously one from the school of 'if it wont fix the problem immediately we shouldn't bother doing anything about it'  ::) 

No mate, I'm from the school of its not as easy as people seem to think and that things like bans will make fuck all difference now.

Since this thread started, I have seen countless times about how America should just ban guns and its problems will magically go away overnight. I feel this is because they saw how easily the bans worked in the UK and Australia, but America is nothing like either country, the attitudes differ, the stresses and expectations on people differ, life seems to matter less to them. Crimes in the UK involving firearms happened and continue to happen, but they were never the massive problem the USA has, although both Liverpool and Manchester did see periods of very high shootings, dealing with things by shooting wasn't how things were mainly settled.

After the UK ban on handguns, 162,000 pistols and 700 tons of ammunition and related equipment were handed in by an estimated 57,000 people, 0.1% of the population. Everyone had to have a Firearms Certificate, the Police knew where every legally held handgun was and the vast majority of shooters handed over their weapons and associated kit without fuss. I owned 2 handguns when Thomas Hamilton (burn in you hell you c*nt) decided to murder the children and teachers in Dunblane, I got my letter from the Police about 8 months after the ban, attended Southport station to hand in the guns and then a few weeks later, the rest of the stuff, including ammunition, I had to take to Kirkdale. As far as we know, these were then destroyed, although we doubted it, as there we guns such as Glocks that the UK Police and Military could and would use. We have no idea if the Govt did destroy the rest, or if they sold them abroad instead.

The USA doesn't even know how many guns are in circulation. Only 8 states keep a register of owners, it is illegal to actually have a database that directly links a gun to an owner. They have calculated how many guns were made, how many exported and then come up with a rough figure of 393 million. They estimate that 50 million American households have guns. What they have no idea of is how many were smuggled out of the USA and how many have been smuggled in. They have no idea how many of the 393 million have been stolen. In 10 years, 2 million were reported stolen - someone on here pointed out that a lot get sold then reported stolen - and they have no idea how many unreported thefts occurred in the same period, as so many people don't even bother reporting it. If the Police don't know you have the gun, why bother reporting it stolen.

Like every other sane person, I want the school shootings stopped. The reality is, American kids are more at risk of being shot dead at home or on the streets than they ever are while at school. It just seems to me that the highly publicised shootings are the only ones people think happen, mass shootings happen all the time, whether it is a father killing his family and then himself, a robbery where the criminal lets loose with the gun or a gang opens fire on another gang.

The UK ban cost hundreds of millions, a ban in America would cost billions. I'd much rather the US invested that money in getting the illegal guns off the streets and getting registers created of who owns legal guns. By all means ban the sale of guns now, but if they really want to stop the killings, they need to address the areas where the killings are taking place.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:05:04 pm by rob1966 »

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Pra
« Reply #4052 on: September 15, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »
What do you propose they do ? You've more chance of platting piss in a force ten gale than getting them to give up their guns / god given rights and even less chance of stopping the manufacturing and sale of guns.
In the last couple of years I've only managed to convince 2 people to get rid of their assault rifles but it was only because of their age (61 and 62 years old) and the fear of aultimers, forgetfulness, eyesight issues etc and their grand children invading their houses on a regular basis.
In order to convince them, you plant the seed, you lead them to water but they need to drink it themselves in their own time.
It's probably best not to call them dumb, stupid or question the size of their dick etc It doesn't work, it just bakes in and hardens their views.
btw
The two assault rifles in question,AR15 and Chinese AK47 still exist  :-\ Convincing them to destroy them and give up the money from the sale... Fugetaboutit.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4053 on: September 15, 2019, 04:37:55 pm »
It'll be tough, very tough to bring some kind of sensible control to the USA's gun problem. But that's not a reason for not trying. 'We choose to do things not because they are easy...'

(yeh, and I know that he got shot)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:41:09 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: September 15, 2019, 05:48:54 pm »
What's annoying is the first steps wouldn't necessarily impact responsible owners anyway. Laws that require firearms be registered to owners with that data stored centrally somewhere, that they must be stored safely or kept on your person (depending on state carry laws), and that failure to report a theft of a firearm be a criminal offence wouldn't impact anyone who is responsible anyway, and would at least allow firearms used in crimes to be traced back to their source and illegal firearms to be confiscated more easily.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: September 15, 2019, 06:10:54 pm »
It'll be tough, very tough to bring some kind of sensible control to the USA's gun problem. But that's not a reason for not trying. 'We choose to do things not because they are easy...'

(yeh, and I know that he got shot)

I wish they would try. I only track Chicago as I can easily get info from the Chicago Sun Times website and it is horrendous to see the amount of people being killed with guns every week, month, year in that city. There were two more on Friday

What's annoying is the first steps wouldn't necessarily impact responsible owners anyway. Laws that require firearms be registered to owners with that data stored centrally somewhere, that they must be stored safely or kept on your person (depending on state carry laws), and that failure to report a theft of a firearm be a criminal offence wouldn't impact anyone who is responsible anyway, and would at least allow firearms used in crimes to be traced back to their source and illegal firearms to be confiscated more easily.

I've been saying this since I started shooting in the early 90's, they should never be allowed to leave them unlocked, approved safes fixed to the building, just like we had to do in the UK. They also shouldn't be carrying in public, unless the owner is going to/from a shooting range, a gun club, hunting or any other legal activity that the gun is being used for. I can see absolutely no reason for the public to be allowed open carry for the hell of it.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: September 15, 2019, 08:28:57 pm »
Sounds like a bit of a hassle. Seems hardly worth the effort. Nah. Can't be arsed with that.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Pra
« Reply #4057 on: September 17, 2019, 07:24:38 am »
What do you propose they do ? You've more chance of platting piss in a force ten gale than getting them to give up their guns / god given rights and even less chance of stopping the manufacturing and sale of guns.
In the last couple of years I've only managed to convince 2 people to get rid of their assault rifles but it was only because of their age (61 and 62 years old) and the fear of aultimers, forgetfulness, eyesight issues etc and their grand children invading their houses on a regular basis.
In order to convince them, you plant the seed, you lead them to water but they need to drink it themselves in their own time.
It's probably best not to call them dumb, stupid or question the size of their dick etc It doesn't work, it just bakes in and hardens their views.
btw
The two assault rifles in question,AR15 and Chinese AK47 still exist  :-\ Convincing them to destroy them and give up the money from the sale... Fugetaboutit.

Who said anything about taking their guns away?

Parents of 4-year-old fatally shot by sibling in Fort Worth won't face charges, police say
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/09/15/parents-of-4-year-old-fatally-shot-by-sibling-in-fort-worth-won-t-face-charges-police-say/
Surely safe storage and holding adults responsible for shit like this would be a start and at least stop some of the carnage....

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: September 17, 2019, 07:25:06 am »
The parent/parents need to start getting charged over this shit,every adult whos gun is used by a minor should face the court like they were the one who pulled the trigger.

(Look at all the articles on the left hand side)
4-Year-Old Dies After Being Shot By Sibling At Fort Worth Home, Police Say

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 4-year-old child has died after being shot by a sibling at a Fort Worth home Sunday.

Just before noon Sept. 13, police responded to a shooting call in the 7700 block of Greengage Drive.

When officers arrived, they found a 4-year-old child had been shot. Preliminary reports suggest that a juvenile sibling had shot the child. It has not been confirmed whether the shooting was accidental or intentional.

The child — whose name has not been identified — was shortly transported to a nearby hospital where they were pronounced dead.

Homicide detectives and Crimes Against Children detectives are currently processing the scene and conducting interviews.

This is an ongoing investigation.

Parents of 4-year-old fatally shot by sibling in Fort Worth won't face charges, police say

The gun used in the shooting was found in the home, police said Monday.

Updated at 1:35 p.m. Sept. 16: Revised to reflect that the parents will not face charges.

The parents of a 4-year-old boy who was fatally shot Sunday, apparently by his sibling, won't face charges, police said.

The Tarrant County medical examiner's office identified the boy as Truth Albright.

Officers were called about 11:45 a.m. to the 7700 block of Greengage Drive, and Truth died just after 12:30 p.m. at Cook Children's Medical Center, according to medical examiner's records.

Police said preliminary reports to officers at the scene were that the boy had been shot by his sibling, who is also a juvenile. Police did not specify the age of the sibling or whether the shooting was thought to be an accident.

The gun used in the shooting was found in the home, police said Monday.

After an investigation, detectives determined that they would not file charges against Truth's parents "at this time," police said.

Homicide detectives, as well as detectives from the crimes against children unit and the crime scene search unit, were processing the scene and conducting interviews Sunday evening, police said.

The child was one of three who were shot Sunday in Tarrant County. Arlington police were investigating two shootings — a 6-year-old boy who was shot in the head by his brother and an 8-year-old girl who was wounded in what police were investigating as an accident.

If the kid had died because they had gotten hold of a parents methadone/smack etc they would charge them,but because it's a gun issue no fucker wants to do anything.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:26:40 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: September 17, 2019, 09:18:10 am »
The parent/parents need to start getting charged over this shit,every adult whos gun is used by a minor should face the court like they were the one who pulled the trigger.

(Look at all the articles on the left hand side)

If the kid had died because they had gotten hold of a parents methadone/smack etc they would charge them,but because it's a gun issue no fucker wants to do anything.

At the least it is child endangerment, these people are beyond fucking words for who stupid and reckless they are. They need prosecuting for this shit

I've got an air rifle, don't use it anymore, it is stored at a height the kids cannot reach and the pellets are locked away in a filing cabinet, no fucking way on earth would I leave a handgun lying where my kids could find it.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: September 17, 2019, 09:55:49 am »
Three kids under 10 shot in three separate incidents, in one county (not country) in one day.

Fuck you, America, if you don't sort this shit out.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4061 on: September 17, 2019, 10:24:48 am »
Three kids under 10 shot in three separate incidents, in one county (not country) in one day.

Fuck you, America, if you don't sort this shit out.

Surely the answer is more under 10 year old with guns, to stop the other under 10 year olds shooting each other.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: September 17, 2019, 01:33:04 pm »
Who said anything about taking their guns away?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/09/15/parents-of-4-year-old-fatally-shot-by-sibling-in-fort-worth-won-t-face-charges-police-say/
Surely safe storage and holding adults responsible for shit like this would be a start and at least stop some of the carnage....
I agree with with you,but they wont. Too many of them see any restrictions as an infringement on their god given rights. You can tell them that statistically their more likely to kill either themselves, their friends or their family than they are a boogie man, it doesn't really matter. It's almost ike guns are a religion or something. You can still be a Christian Evangelical just stop praying for the Gays to burn in hell when you pray...You get my drift 
Surely the answer is more under 10 year old with guns, to stop the other under 10 year olds shooting each other.
What kind of parent neglects to get their kids body armour eh? Irresponsible one's thats who.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 01:39:14 pm by bigbonedrawky »

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: September 17, 2019, 06:42:54 pm »
This was a particularly shocking crime - the execution of a 9-yr old kid as retribution for his dad's role in a shooting. But the story of the gun is fairly typical:

On a cloudy night in April 2017, Chicago police officers patrolling West Englewood noticed a group shooting a makeshift music video in a vacant lot in the South Side neighborhood.

Spotting the squad car, the group took off running, tossing five semi-automatic handguns along South Wolcott Avenue as they fled, according to a police report.

Officers recovered and inventoried the pistols, a familiar routine in a city flooded with thousands of illegal firearms.

Further analysis led to a surprising discovery: One of the guns, a Smith & Wesson .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol, had been used in the infamous slaying of 9-year-old Tyshawn Lee about 1½ years before and just 11 blocks away.

Cook County prosecutors say the fourth grader was lured into an alley in the Auburn Gresham community and shot at point-blank range in a gang retaliation. He had been targeted because his father belonged to a rival gang suspected of killing a gang member and wounding his mother in a shooting weeks earlier.

The trial of two reputed gang members charged in the execution-style killing is scheduled to begin in earnest Tuesday at the Leighton Criminal Court Building with opening statements and the beginning of testimony.

A jury was picked Friday to decide the fate of Dwright Doty, alleged by prosecutors to be the gunman, while a separate jury was being selected Monday for Corey Morgan, whose brother and mother were victims in the November 2015 shooting. Prosecutors allege Morgan looked on from a black SUV as Doty shot Tyshawn multiple times.

Jurors are expected to learn how a bloody gang war between factions with ties to two of Chicago’s most historic gangs had flared up in the months before Tyshawn’s slaying. They will hear from eyewitnesses who were near Dawes Park, where Tyshawn had been playing that day. They will also hear Doty’s alleged confession to the shooting — captured on undercover audio recordings — to another inmate in Cook County Jail.

And they are also expected to hear about the murder weapon’s improbable journey — a 1,300-mile trek from a New Mexico pawn shop to the South Side shooting scene to the street just blocks away where police recovered it.

Albuquerque’s Valley Pawn bills itself as the largest such shop in the Southwest.

“We’re not your average pawn shop, especially when it comes to our firearm department,” its website boasts alongside photos of spotless glass cases full of handguns.

The Smith & Wesson pistol used to kill Tyshawn was bought by a straw purchaser named Andre Williams in September 2015.

The day before, Corey Morgan’s brother, Anthony, a longtime friend of Williams, had sent $900 to Williams in a Walmart money transfer for the Smith & Wesson and a second gun, federal prosecutors have alleged.

Anthony Morgan got both guns in the mail a short time later.

Federal prosecutors in Chicago alleged that Anthony Morgan had arranged to buy at least seven handguns in all from Williams in a scheme that ran from February 2015 until May 2016.

In pleading guilty in January to the gun-running scheme, Anthony Morgan admitted that he gave the weapons to brother Corey and other members of the Terror Dome faction of the Black P Stones street gang.

“We a gang,” Morgan allegedly said in a video-recorded statement after his arrest on the gun trafficking charges. “We were gangbanging. I provided the guns for the neighborhood because (I had) the connect.”

The gang feud between Terror Dome members and the Killa Ward faction of the Gangster Disciples stretched back years but had reignited in the weeks before Tyshawn’s killing when the Morgans’ other brother, Tracey, 25, was fatally shot in October 2015 after leaving a mandatory meeting for parolees, part of an anti-violence effort by Chicago police and other law enforcement.

The Morgans’ mother, who was in the car with her son, was wounded in the attack, authorities have said.

The violation of an unwritten rule — the wounding of a family member — enraged Morgan, according to authorities.

“He allegedly said since his brother was killed and his mama was shot he was going to kill grandmas, mamas, kids and all,” Assistant State’s Attorney George Canellis Jr. said after Corey Morgan was charged in Tyshawn’s slaying.

A few weeks after the wounding of the Morgans’ mother, Corey Morgan, Doty and Kevin Edwards, a reputed fellow gang member, were out looking for revenge when they spotted Tyshawn — whose father, Pierre Stokes, was suspected by Terror Dome gang members in the Morgans’ shooting — walking to his grandmother’s house after playing basketball in the park, police and prosecutors have said.

Prosecutors allege Doty chatted with Tyshawn, bouncing his basketball for a time. He lured him into the alley near 80th Street and Damen Avenue, telling the boy he would take him to the store and buy him anything he wanted, prosecutors said.

At the T in the alley, Doty turned and faced Tyshawn before shooting him repeatedly, including once in the head, authorities allege.

A basketball he always carried with him was found nearby.

Wounds on the boy’s hand indicate that he held up his arm in defense just moments before he was shot, authorities alleged.

Edwards, identified by prosecutors as the getaway driver, pleaded guilty earlier this month to first-degree murder in exchange for a sentence of 25 years in prison.

No forensic evidence ties the murder weapon to Doty. But prosecutors will likely rely on circumstantial evidence to link the Smith & Wesson to the Morgans — and Doty indirectly.

Corey Morgan had already been questioned in the slaying and released without charges not long after Tyshawn’s death in November 2015. Later that month, police got a tip that he was at a hotel in south suburban Oak Lawn, court records show.

Acting on the tip, a detective spotted Morgan walking out of the hotel with Doty. The detective said he could see a gun in Doty’s waistband, according to a police report.

As the two drove off, police pulled them over and arrested both on weapons charges after finding the pistol in Doty’s waistband as well as a second, loaded handgun in a blue duffel bag carried by Morgan, authorities said.

Prosecutors have argued that the fact that the gun recovered in Morgan’s possession as well as the murder weapon were both trafficked by his brother — and bought by the New Mexico straw purchaser on the very same day — is strong circumstantial evidence that ties both defendants more closely to the slaying.

“Of all the guns sold in the entire U.S., of all the (guns) sold from people and by people, this particular weapon is sold in New Mexico to a guy in Chicago. Coincidence?” Assistant State’s Attorney Thomas Darman said at a court hearing in March. “That individual happens to be the brother of Corey Morgan. Coincidence?”

Defense attorneys have been quick to point out the inadequacies of the prosecution evidence on that point.

The only hard evidence that prosecutors can offer is that Corey Morgan was found with a gun trafficked by his brother — and not even the gun used to kill Tyshawn, said Todd Pugh, one of Morgan’s attorneys.

“Everything else is a bunch of smoke. What they want the jury to conclude is that Corey Morgan received the murder weapon from his brother because they share the same last name," Pugh said at the March hearing. "… Our brother’s crimes are being offered against us.”

But Judge Thaddeus Wilson, who is presiding over the case, ruled that jurors could hear the gun evidence, potentially setting the stage for a federal agent and Andre Williams, the New Mexico straw purchaser, to testify at trial.

Williams pleaded guilty in 2017 to federal charges in New Mexico, admitting he lied to the pawn shop when he said he was the intended owner of the pistol. He has not yet been sentenced.

At his sentencing hearing last month in Chicago for his role in the gun-running scheme, Anthony Morgan apologized for his actions, saying he was “deeply ashamed” and knew what he did was illegal.

U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle pressed Morgan on who exactly he believed the guns would go to, but Morgan replied hesitantly.

"Friends, brothers,” he said before his voice trailed off.

After a long silence, Norgle shot back, “Have you completed that sentence?”

The judge imposed a four-year prison term on Morgan.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: September 18, 2019, 11:26:48 pm »
No mate, I'm from the school of its not as easy as people seem to think and that things like bans will make fuck all difference now.

Why is it that talk of any legislation is jumped on as gun bans and 'taking muh guns away' ?
You say you're not from the 'do nothing' school of thought then go on a long diatribe as to why why it's not worth doing anything.....
Simple regulations regarding private weapons sales, safe storage and holding adults responsible when their kids access their guns would start reducing the carnage, without impinging on their 'god given rights'. Obviously you wouldn't see change overnight and it may take 10yrs of action to see a real difference but you have to start somewhere.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: September 19, 2019, 01:34:43 pm »
No, this is not an Onion parody piece. It's real.
--------------

American fashion brand sparks outrage over school shooting-themed hoodies

American fashion brand Bstroy has received fierce criticism on social media after displaying school shooting-themed hoodies at a show during New York Fashion Week.
The brand's spring/summer 2020 collection, designed by Brick Owens and Duey Catorze, featured distressed hoodies reading "Stoneman Douglas," "Sandy Hook," "Virginia Tech" and "Columbine," the sites of four of the deadliest school shootings in the US.

Photos from the show posted on the brand's Instagram account, as well as Owens' account, quickly drew outrage, with some commenters identifying themselves as survivors or relatives of victims.
On a photo of the Stoneman Douglas hoodie, one person commented, "My dead classmates dying should not be a f***ing fashion statement."

Another commented on a photo of the Columbine design: "As a victim of Columbine, I am appalled. This is disgusting. You can draw awareness another way but don't you dare make money off of our tragedy."

On Twitter, a spokesperson for the Vicky Soto Memorial Fund, established after teacher Victoria Soto was killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School, posted, "This is just absolutely horrific. A company is make light of our pain and other's pain for fashion. Selling sweatshirts with our name and bullet holes. Unbelievable."

Owens posted a handout from the show on Instagram, which reads, "Sometimes life can be painfully ironic. Like the irony of dying violently in a place you considered to be a safe, controlled environment, like school. We are reminded all the time of life's fragility, shortness, and unpredictability yet we are also reminded of its infinite potential."

CNN has contacted Bstroy for comment.
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/bstroy-school-shooting-sweatshirts/index.html

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4066 on: September 19, 2019, 02:48:31 pm »
So whilst everyone here was sending their kids back to school with fresh clean uniforms and lovely 1st day photos

This was how America was handling it

https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/campaign

Disclaimer: ** Please note that this PSA contains graphic content related to school shootings that may be upsetting to some viewers. If you feel that this subject matter may be too difficult for you, you may choose not to watch this video. **

placed in spoiler tags as precaution.

Spoiler
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b5ykNZl9mTQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b5ykNZl9mTQ</a>
[close]

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4067 on: September 19, 2019, 04:12:53 pm »
That is brilliant.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: September 19, 2019, 04:19:28 pm »
That is brilliant.

That last scene tho……..

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: September 19, 2019, 04:32:11 pm »
Why is it that talk of any legislation is jumped on as gun bans and 'taking muh guns away' ?
You say you're not from the 'do nothing' school of thought then go on a long diatribe as to why why it's not worth doing anything.....
Simple regulations regarding private weapons sales, safe storage and holding adults responsible when their kids access their guns would start reducing the carnage, without impinging on their 'god given rights'. Obviously you wouldn't see change overnight and it may take 10yrs of action to see a real difference but you have to start somewhere.

Probably because I've gone through one as a law abiding legitimate shooter and the knee jerk reaction post Dunblane was to ban handguns. Read through this thread, the thought is never towards better security or better anything, it is always ban ban ban.

If you read my post again, I'm not saying do nothing, but if you want to make a real difference in the death rate in the USA, then the money needs to be spent on dealing with the illegal guns in the poorer areas of the states and not going after legal owners. The horrible truth about the USA is that there are hundreds of millions of firearms out there and the stupid fuckers have no idea where they are.

I totally agree with everything you say about safe storage etc, but that is common sense and they should be doing that as a matter of course, I'd never leave a loaded firearm where my kids could find it. Anything that reduces loss of life or serious injury has to be applauded, but if you think it will have an impact on the "carnage", I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. It will involve a huge amount of effort to target the law abiding, I'd rather they went after the criminals and illegal guns and maybe, just maybe they will make significant inroads into the 14,000 murders committed each year.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #4070 on: September 19, 2019, 04:41:39 pm »
In most of the mass shooting incidents I've seen in the news the guns were legally held and presumably legally stored until used for the mass shooting.

Dunblane was legally held handguns. Nothing to do with illegal guns or lack of security.
Legacy fan

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #4071 on: September 19, 2019, 04:44:52 pm »
if you want to make a real difference in the death rate in the USA, then the money needs to be spent on dealing with the illegal guns in the poorer areas of the states and not going after legal owners.

The only reason there are so many illegal guns in the USA is that there are so many legal guns.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: September 19, 2019, 05:04:09 pm »
The only reason there are so many illegal guns in the USA is that there are so many legal guns.

Yep. And the sentence also runs true for Mexico if you tack on ‘legal guns in the USA’ at the end

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4073 on: September 19, 2019, 05:37:41 pm »
Probably because I've gone through one as a law abiding legitimate shooter and the knee jerk reaction post Dunblane was to ban handguns. Read through this thread, the thought is never towards better security or better anything, it is always ban ban ban.
That's because banning is the most sane, sensible compassionate, civilised thing to do. Well, the second most, anyway. The most sane and correct and compassionate and civilised thing to do is to stop, ban, halt and outlaw gun and weapons and armaments manufacture totally all over the world. A total end. A world without killing machinery.

But as that seems impossible, as millions of human beings the world over seem content to go to work to manufacture and sell deadly killing equipment and still be able to sleep at night, the next best thing is to ban general ownership of weaponry outright within individual nations (and even then exceptions will always exist).

That's why people instinctively reach for the ban hammer in their minds when appalling tragedies occur. They instinctively know it is the right thing to do, before pressure and lobbying and seductive, persuasive 'reasoning' dulls that instinctive truth again.

We could have a beautiful world with lots of amazing things to do and many more people living longer if no armaments existed, no death machinery. It would not be a major loss to civilisation, culture or human  improvement.

That this is more obvious to people who have never been tainted by contact with guns suggests that weaponry has its own evil allure which affects and maybe consumes once you let it touch you.

No offence, like

If you read my post again, I'm not saying do nothing, but if you want to make a real difference in the death rate in the USA, then the money needs to be spent on dealing with the illegal guns in the poorer areas of the states and not going after legal owners. The horrible truth about the USA is that there are hundreds of millions of firearms out there and the stupid fuckers have no idea where they are.

I totally agree with everything you say about safe storage etc, but that is common sense and they should be doing that as a matter of course, I'd never leave a loaded firearm where my kids could find it. Anything that reduces loss of life or serious injury has to be applauded, but if you think it will have an impact on the "carnage", I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. It will involve a huge amount of effort to target the law abiding, I'd rather they went after the criminals and illegal guns and maybe, just maybe they will make significant inroads into the 14,000 murders committed each year.
In many ways, though to a far lower degree, of course, this exemplifies the same beliefs and mantras expounded by gun owners in the States. 'Don't take our legally held guns away from us'. 'It's not us, it's those others who are a problem'. 'The illegal guns are nothing to do with us legal owners'. And so on. It's not that far a step to 'guns don't kill, people do'

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: September 19, 2019, 06:20:36 pm »
In most of the mass shooting incidents I've seen in the news the guns were legally held and presumably legally stored until used for the mass shooting.

Dunblane was legally held handguns. Nothing to do with illegal guns or lack of security.

Up to the end of August, there were 297 mass shootings in the USA, leaving 335 people dead and 1219 injured. Its a big mixture as some where homeowners killing burglars, Police killing suspects in raids, family arguments and gangs killing each other, so I have no idea of how many were done with legal or illegal guns.

As for Dunblane, that was a massive fuck up by the Police - Hamilton had his membership of the Sterling Gun Club cancelled due to his behaviour, the club, inline with their legal responsibilities, informed the Police. As Hamilton was no longer a member of a gun club, he was in contravention of the rules around having an FAC (nowhere to shoot means no FAC) and his guns should have been confiscated. On more than one occasion the local Firearms officer had requested his FAC be revoked and was overrulesd

Ghost Town

Sadly the guns kill people line is partly true, it is the tool used, but a person still has to pull the trigger. Humans have spent our entire history inventing ways to kill each other, remove the guns and we just find another way - we are a vile species in that respect.

Everyones experiences of gun bans are in sane countries where the authorities knew were every gun was due to a long established way of recording and tracking. America has far far deeper issues than we ever had. Like I posted on the 15th Sept, only 8 states keep records of gun sales. The UK knew there were 165,000 or whatever legal guns, they just cross referenced the Firearm Certificates.The Americans work it out from guns manufactured, they have no idea who has what, where they are or anything. If I was in charge of sorting the issue, rather than spend billions chasing the legal owners, the vast majority of whom are law abiding, I'd go for the illegals. I keep on about Chicago, but they are now up to 346 dead out of 2033 people shot in 2019. Almost 90% of the victims are Black, the shootings are in areas such as Englewood - how many of those guns in these areas are legally held?.

Americas stupidity over decades and decades has left them with a nightmare scenario

I'm well aware of that, but when you've already sold almost 400 million guns to the population, its a bit too late.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: September 19, 2019, 06:36:25 pm »

The UK had all the laws on safe storage,the police actually came to your house to check where you were storing the weapons before you could (not news to you obviously) & Dunblane was simply the last straw,our gov and population didn't simply scream ban,ban,ban because of that one incident.

My old man had an impressive collection of weapons,he also had his own press & was a member of a few gun clubs/ranges but he didn't even blink when the ban came into effect because he was also sick to his stomach.

Saying that the numbers make any action too late is a right wing NRA bullshit excuse.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: September 19, 2019, 06:37:09 pm »
Up to the end of August, there were 297 mass shootings in the USA, leaving 335 people dead and 1219 injured. Its a big mixture as some where homeowners killing burglars, Police killing suspects in raids, family arguments and gangs killing each other, so I have no idea of how many were done with legal or illegal guns.

As for Dunblane, that was a massive fuck up by the Police - Hamilton had his membership of the Sterling Gun Club cancelled due to his behaviour, the club, inline with their legal responsibilities, informed the Police. As Hamilton was no longer a member of a gun club, he was in contravention of the rules around having an FAC (nowhere to shoot means no FAC) and his guns should have been confiscated. On more than one occasion the local Firearms officer had requested his FAC be revoked and was overrulesd

Ghost Town

Sadly the guns kill people line is partly true, it is the tool used, but a person still has to pull the trigger. Humans have spent our entire history inventing ways to kill each other, remove the guns and we just find another way - we are a vile species in that respect.

Everyones experiences of gun bans are in sane countries where the authorities knew were every gun was due to a long established way of recording and tracking. America has far far deeper issues than we ever had. Like I posted on the 15th Sept, only 8 states keep records of gun sales. The UK knew there were 165,000 or whatever legal guns, they just cross referenced the Firearm Certificates.The Americans work it out from guns manufactured, they have no idea who has what, where they are or anything. If I was in charge of sorting the issue, rather than spend billions chasing the legal owners, the vast majority of whom are law abiding, I'd go for the illegals. I keep on about Chicago, but they are now up to 346 dead out of 2033 people shot in 2019. Almost 90% of the victims are Black, the shootings are in areas such as Englewood - how many of those guns in these areas are legally held?.

Americas stupidity over decades and decades has left them with a nightmare scenario

I'm well aware of that, but when you've already sold almost 400 million guns to the population, its a bit too late.

How would you do that? Very curious.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: September 19, 2019, 06:41:03 pm »
How would you do that? Very curious.

You put the buyback into effect,release any prisoner who isn't in for serious crimes (vast majority in the USA) and then start putting the previously legal owners and illegal owners into jail for a minimum of 15yrs per weapon.Then 6 & 12 months down the line you have another amnesty (- buyback) with the threat that this is their last chance to avoid jail.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: September 19, 2019, 06:56:22 pm »

You put the buyback into effect, release any prisoner who isn't in for serious crimes (vast majority in the USA) and then start putting the previously legal owners and illegal owners into jail for a minimum of 15yrs per weapon.Then 6 & 12 months down the line you have another amnesty (- buyback) with the threat that this is their last chance to avoid jail.

You're going to release millions of prisoners back into the population? Then try trace every single gun used in a crime to the original owner and then put the original owner in jail?

Is that what i'm understanding?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: September 19, 2019, 07:09:16 pm »
You're going to release millions of prisoners back into the population? Then try trace every single gun used in a crime to the original owner and then put the original owner in jail?

Is that what i'm understanding?

You release the ones that are in for non payment of fines/debts (too many) and other drug and low level crimes.

The jailing of owners and owners of illegal weapons would be because they kept hold of guns that you were trying to get off the streets,that would be the crime & once you started putting those holdouts in jail the others would come forward,you wouldn't have to chase but you obviously would knock on the doors of people who had registered said weapons.