Author Topic: Virgin Trains loses West Coast Mainline - ***3/10/12 Tender to be re-run!***  (Read 12833 times)

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
Well they did send the nice Civil Servant a toy train with their letter! I think that's actually classed as bribery though...

Just a gift which wouldn't have a lot of value so wouldn't be classed as a bribe. Unless it was stuffed with £50 notes...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
And now they have finally lost the franchise

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/virgin-replaced-liverpool-london-train-16751022

From December 2022 First Trenitalia will operate West Coast Partnership and run the west coast mainline between Liverpool and London

They will commit to run an additional 263 extra train services each week with the aim to run half-hourly trains between Lime Street and London daily

Other commitments include

£117 million to improve the current Pendolino fleet

More flexible and convenient smart ticketing options

Free WiFi and high quality mobile connectivity on board services

Improved delay repay compensation for all passengers

£32 million of investment into developing and delivering infrastructure capacity and capability improvements

10 new secure cycle storage facilities; improved bus facilities; 900 new car parking spaces, and 100 new Electric Vehicle charging points

New ticket machines at stations, removal of the administration fee and enabling on-the-day changes to both advance tickets and seat reservations

New initiatives to increase diversity, inclusion and skills retention in the rail industry

Now again we are handing over the running of a major UK rail route to a foreign state run body (in this case the Italians). So technically our rail fairs will indirectly help another country rather than our own. But it's a major blow to Branson who was prevented from bidding this time.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe the foreigners just know how to run a rail network? Although how all this might work post Brexit is anybody's guess.

Virgin Wi-Fi is shit. Even in first class where it's supposed to be complimentary I can never get it to work anymore.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Hopefully this will mean that architectural monstrosity of a portacabin that Virgin had constructed on the platform can now be removed.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully this will mean that architectural monstrosity of a portacabin that Virgin had constructed on the platform can now be removed.

In Lime Street?  It's already gone I think.  They moved the first class lounge to where the White Star Pub used to be.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
In Lime Street?  It's already gone I think.  They moved the first class lounge to where the White Star Pub used to be.

It's been a couple of years since I've been there, but that's good if so.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh and forgot to stick this in yesterday.

Fuck you Richard Branson. Karma for suing the NHS

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Oh and forgot to stick this in yesterday.

Fuck you Richard Branson. Karma for suing the NHS
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the suit over the process being flawed and applying for the tendering process to be re-run? As I understand it, the Branson Group (or whatever they are called) won, but only received costs (no damages - I do not believe they were seeking compensation). Whatever you and I might think of the private sector being involved in the running of NHS services, surely the tendering process should fair and seen to be fair.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the suit over the process being flawed and applying for the tendering process to be re-run? As I understand it, the Branson Group (or whatever they are called) won, but only received costs (no damages - I do not believe they were seeking compensation). Whatever you and I might think of the private sector being involved in the running of NHS services, surely the tendering process should fair and seen to be fair.

Right on the 1st part. But they never won. Settled out of court for £2m (of tax payers money)

I do believe any tendering process should be transparent and fair just like it was for the West coast line tender which excluded Virgin trains from re-bidding due to issues with Stagecoach (which owns 49% of Virgin Trains) refusing to pay more money into the rail workers pension pot

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
Won’t have to listen to that oh so hilarious woman voice recording in the toilets anymore. That’s got to be a good thing.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Won’t have to listen to that oh so hilarious woman voice recording in the toilets anymore. That’s got to be a good thing.

That would be funny for a ten year old. Once only.

Irritating but I suppose it gets you out of the bog toute suite.