Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 183203 times)

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Those chants
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2022, 10:53:29 pm »
that report says it all:
"although City sources have told ESPN that the chants were an unfortunate consequence of comments made by Klopp in his prematch news conference when he said rival clubs could not compete with the wealth of Gulf-owned clubs such as City, Paris Saint-Germain and Newcastle United."
no, they were a consequence of hatred to the dead innocents... its discraceful, and this:
"but sources have told ESPN that no action will be taken against City for failing to control their supporters unless it can be proved that the chants were discriminatory, such as if they were racially motivated or an anti-gay."
so the "sources" in the FA, are saying chants about the deaths of innocents are ok, because they arent racist or gay..
would you fuck off!!!

I think it's important that the club don't let this go, if this is the case.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2022, 11:28:40 pm »
Really disappointing that seemingly not a single journalist has challenged this it’s narrative that Klopp allegedly brought the away end singing Hillsborough songs on himself by daring to make the point that City have unlimited money by questioning what the motive was for their fans booing the minute’s silence in April.

Such a simple way of destroying the whole narrative but seemingly nobody wants to do it.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2022, 01:49:57 am »
Really disappointing that seemingly not a single journalist has challenged this it’s narrative that Klopp allegedly brought the away end singing Hillsborough songs on himself by daring to make the point that City have unlimited money by questioning what the motive was for their fans booing the minute’s silence in April.

Such a simple way of destroying the whole narrative but seemingly nobody wants to do it.

Looks like Dom King has stepped up https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11325325/DOMINIC-KING-Manchester-Citys-incredible-accusation-prejudice-almighty-slur.html

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2022, 02:57:16 am »

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
We are in extremely shady territory if a fair answer to a question about the financial capabilities of state-backed clubs can be spun - can’t believe I’m typing this! - as 'borderline xenophobia’ and used as a mechanism to detract from/explain sickening, unacceptable behaviour.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2022, 03:10:59 am »
Also:

Rory Smith
@RorySmith
Just so we’re clear: if an opposition football manager says something you don’t like about your team, you can now say or sing whatever you like, and the news media will apparently present this logic absolutely uncontested.
David Lynch
@dmlynch
If someone at Manchester City believes Jurgen Klopp's pre-match comments on the club's spending power were "xenophobic" then they should come out and say it. Briefing it privately with an all-important "borderline" caveat looks like a desperate attempt to shift the narrative.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2022, 07:03:38 am »
King: "It is staggering, an insulting and preposterous deduction, and Liverpool are rightly furious. All legal avenues are being explored"

I really, really hope that happens. It's easier to just let it go but this stuff is self-perpetuating and becomes the accepted narrative – we need to be turning it back on them.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2022, 08:18:04 am »
Fair enough.

I’m not on Twitter these days so hadn’t seen all that, encouraging and good to see.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2022, 08:43:33 am »
why don't man city and fucking pep no-morals guardiloa and all their dirty rotten players, playing staff and supporters fuck off to the uae and see how much their gay players, their black players, their wives and girlfriends and their horrible supporters cope within that corrupt c*nt of a country when their freedoms are suddenly restricted

no non-democratic countries or consortiums should be able to invest in sports teams that play in democratic countries - it should be the first stipulation

...oh yeh, forgot, money buys morals, money buys influence, every c*nt has their price

they espouse 'faith' as to how they live their lives - how much is it to get into jannah again?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2022, 09:56:53 am »
What Klopp said about state owned oil cheats had no baring on the chants being sung. The pricks would have sung those chants regardless, like the slime they are.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2022, 10:10:31 am »
What Klopp said about state owned oil cheats had no baring on the chants being sung. The pricks would have sung those chants regardless, like the slime they are.

Just like them not respecting the minute of silence for the 33rd anniversary of Hillsborough during the FA Cup semi-final earlier this year.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2022, 10:19:30 am »
Club of the year though
YNWA

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2022, 10:36:18 am »
It's times like this that we get to find out exactly who the shills are. As disgusting as the the fans and the owners.

Club have to keep the pressure up, not easy when our ex players in the media offer no help whatsoever.

We get the fact we have so many ex Liverpool pundits thrown in our faces by opposition fans but we never get the benefit of them coming out to bat for us, even when its something important like Hillsborough.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2022, 10:53:33 am »
It's times like this that we get to find out exactly who the shills are. As disgusting as the the fans and the owners.

Club have to keep the pressure up, not easy when our ex players in the media offer no help whatsoever.

We get the fact we have so many ex Liverpool pundits thrown in our faces by opposition fans but we never get the benefit of them coming out to bat for us, even when its something important like Hillsborough.
That really grates on me. Will take the kudos but not interested in getting their hands dirty. I'd like to see the club a bit more selective in who they give the cushy LFCTV gigs to, but when I subscribed you'd have studios full of ex players who'd recently been slagging the club for a quick buck.
Good to see one or 2 journos have raised their heads above the parapet. Has anyone seen any support from our friends at The Athletic, or are they still sulking?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 10:55:31 am by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2022, 11:14:45 am »
To be honest, the Liverpool statement made me cringe. But not as much as the City reaction of we sang about it because Klopp upset us.

I'm with the person who posted about having the 81 Road End back to sort them out. They'd think twice about singing anything if they had to come out to them.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Online stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2022, 11:25:01 am »
To be honest, the Liverpool statement made me cringe. But not as much as the City reaction of we sang about it because Klopp upset us.

I'm with the person who posted about having the 81 Road End back to sort them out. They'd think twice about singing anything if they had to come out to them.

The thing is, this is where it's headed. If City continue their whataboutery and their fans are allowed to behave as they are without sanction or repercussions then certain elements will take it into their own hands.

They're a fucking weird club, with a weird obsession with us off and on the pitch and in the stands. Their PR is run by the same people who do the PR for the Abu Dhabi state. it's dark shit. They've spent a lot of time and effort getting their patsies into position, on Sky or in the BBC or in print media, and now when situations like this occur their briefings become the loudest. Grim.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2022, 11:25:41 am »
Equating Klopps comments to the Vile chants is a PR exercise by City and they are winning it. The media has jumped on Klopps rant to lino and way things are with the coins and coach ( actions of a few people ..if proven) is carrying bigger banner headlines than the thousands chanting.

It presents a turning point for me..City refuse to condemn their own fans it creates a free pass for them and other fans now...action then lies with us. This is a new generation of arsehole weaponising Hillsborough...we cannot allow it to flourish.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2022, 12:35:09 pm »
The thing is, this is where it's headed. If City continue their whataboutery and their fans are allowed to behave as they are without sanction or repercussions then certain elements will take it into their own hands.

They're a fucking weird club, with a weird obsession with us off and on the pitch and in the stands. Their PR is run by the same people who do the PR for the Abu Dhabi state. it's dark shit. They've spent a lot of time and effort getting their patsies into position, on Sky or in the BBC or in print media, and now when situations like this occur their briefings become the loudest. Grim.

I agree to a certain extent. But people (in general) are nob heads at the match, and this opens the floodgates to all kinds of things we've sung - and still do in small numbers. I assume the statement came from pressure from the 97 families. But for 30 years the Club didn't acknowledge survivors or support us against SYP allegations. Now they're suddenly making statements 34 years later. The Goodison silence incident was 21 years ago. Where were they then?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2022, 12:40:25 pm »
I agree to a certain extent. But people (in general) are nob heads at the match, and this opens the floodgates to all kinds of things we've sung - and still do in small numbers. I assume the statement came from pressure from the 97 families. But for 30 years the Club didn't acknowledge survivors or support us against SYP allegations. Now they're suddenly making statements 34 years later. The Goodison silence incident was 21 years ago. Where were they then?
Very poor post. Surprised at you, to be honest
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2022, 12:59:08 pm »
There are several things going on here which need to be separated.

Firstly the rancid chanting by twats and gobshites. Notions of free speech might cover their right to say 'vile-but-not-illegal' things without being prosecuted in law, but it doesn't prevent the club from reacting robustly to such shite. And nor does it prevent fans and media from reacting as well. As we should.

Secondly there's the despicable PR excercise from Man City, equating Klopp's comments with xenophobia  - which IS actionable - and trying to claim that the vile chanting is justified because of....blah blah blah. Which is bullshit. Nothing justifies it. Even if LFC or LFC employees or LFC fans have done things wrong it still does not justifty that kind of behaviour.

And thirdly, and this is most indsidious of all, is how prepared some parts of the media have been to just take City's PR guff and repeat it verbatim, and thus granting it an illusion of respectability. There was no need for the BBC and others to repeat City's ridiculous claims. Or if they wanted to mention it as news they could immediately have poured upon it the scorn that it deserves. But they didn't.

Only now are a few individuals in the media treating the shite as it deserves.

Those in the media who repeated the crap as if it were truth or a reasonable position should not be allowed to get away with it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2022, 01:15:51 pm »
Thing is the whataboutery has reached new levels to such an extent you now have non man united fans saying well you lot sing Munich songs (never heard anyone sing them for Decades) like its an excuse to have a dig at us. I’m fucking sick of it. In fact I’ve recently fucked off friends I’ve known for years, since i was a kid because the anti scouse/lfc vitriol has got out of control. Sad times and a general reflection of society as a whole. Standards of what you can say/do are at an all time low in my opinion and they weren’t that high in the first place.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2022, 01:26:53 pm »
Thing is the whataboutery has reached new levels to such an extent you now have non man united fans saying well you lot sing Munich songs (never heard anyone sing them for Decades) like its an excuse to have a dig at us. I’m fucking sick of it. In fact I’ve recently fucked off friends I’ve known for years, since i was a kid because the anti scouse/lfc vitriol has got out of control. Sad times and a general reflection of society as a whole. Standards of what you can say/do are at an all time low in my opinion and they weren’t that high in the first place.
I've not heard Munich at Anfield since the 80s.

Last time I saw it being aimed at United fans was by Abu Dhabi fans at the Emptyhad derby. There was a video of it on YouTube.

Behaviour-wise, it's currently a race to the bottom of the barrel. "You did or said that, so we'll go lower..." The downward spiral just goes on and on...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 01:30:06 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2022, 01:59:33 pm »

Last time I saw it being aimed at United fans was by Abu Dhabi fans at the Emptyhad derby. There was a video of it on YouTube.

Behaviour-wise, it's currently a race to the bottom of the barrel. "You did or said that, so we'll go lower..." The downward spiral just goes on and on...

Same here. Had a convo with a young lad i know the other day. Big united fan. Told me he’d spent the weekend in Liverpool and told me he’d had a great time and “surprisingly” the people were sound. I kid you not. I asked wtf he thought they’d be like? I know it’s because of the prejudice he’s been raised on by his staunch, blinkered United dad and stepdads vile comments he’s had to live through. And there’s the source of your problem. It’s ingrained in the fabric of society if you have no affiliation to Liverpool. It’s passed through generations to hate us.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2022, 02:02:02 pm »
Would love a rebuttal by klopp regarding the chat that his comments caused the reaction from the fans. Maybe he could question what he said before last years game? or the year before that? Or the FA cup? to provoke the songs by the city fans those days.
YNWA

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2022, 02:03:06 pm »

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I've been to multiple liverpool/united games and used to regularly sit at the ARE of the main stand and never once heard munich chants. Every time they sung about us killing our own, the sun being right, or being always the victim there would be a report that one man or something did an aeroplane gesture. Well I never saw that, but I know what I heard. And I know what I can hear their entire stadium singing every time we play there, as clear as a bell on sky sports.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2022, 02:06:37 pm »
I've lived in Plymouth for the last twenty odd years and still get the negative stereotypical Scouse comments such as  " Lock your tools away boys "  " Watch your hub caps don't go missing etc etc .           Loads  of the football fans here are United fans but there are City and Chelsea amongst other prem sides .Man U fans in particular are the worst , whenever having banter ( especially the last 10 years ) their comeback for me having a go at them is " We never killed anyone though did we ? "  " Always the victims  " The S*n was right "  feed the Scousers "and this is a constant , these are local people who go to Old Trafford occasionally so I reckon this must go on all the time there . 
Unfortunately we have to carry this burden where people see us as an underclass . it seems these chants are acceptable simply because were from Liverpool.
The club and the journalists need to start calling these vile chants out and the club needs to ban any away fans who chant such vitriolic bile
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2022, 02:15:49 pm »
One simple responses to theses chants is in the Ye Olde Kop songbook

" Sing something simple , you simple twats!"

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2022, 02:20:46 pm »

Yep, I saw someone on Twitter yesterday using images of Liverpool flags from the 80s and claiming that as evidence that our fans disrespect Munich. We're living in an age where truth doesn't actually matter, even though we have more access to information than ever before.

Every year when you can audibly hear thousands of United fans singing about Hillsborough and it gets called out, they just repeat the line that both sets of fans are as bad as each other, even though there hasn't been a shred of evidence for that in decades. It's brutal trying to reason with people who think narrative is more important than fact, and even worse, it means there's no chance of them ever self-policing.

The same goes for City's finances, we've spent over a decade in this country pretending that City's economic model is above board, we did the same with Chelsea until Russia invaded Ukraine and suddenly there was hand-wringing and faux regret. The thing is, in the mid-00s it was Liverpool calling out Chelsea. They hated us because we highlighted their lack of history, called them cheats, told them money couldn't buy a proper fanbase. We were held up as their rivals - new money vs. old money, North vs. South, right-wing vs. left-wing, plastic vs. passion.

Now, it's happening again. We're the only club or set of support that actually seem bothered by City's cheating, the only ones willing to stick their necks on the line and highlight it, the only ones who seem to have any semblance of a moral compass. The fact that City are shadily briefing journalists that Klopp is xenophobic should tell any neutral who hasn't worked it out yet, what's going on here. That is a deliberate attempt to shut down (completely reasonable) free speech and it's incredibly sinister. What next? Arteta questions their easier playing schedule, so they insinuate that he's a paedophile?

The chants, the sycophantic journalists and the financial doping are all intertwined. I'm sure in 10 years time the rest of the country will suddenly realise that City aren't the good guys, but, like with Chelsea, it will be too late then. 
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2022, 02:21:44 pm »

The thing is City as a club know they only need to throw mud at our fans and every fan in the country will lap it up. It's easy deflection from our clubs statement.

Darren from Dudley isn't really interested in what City fans sang but tell him the City bus got damaged or coins were thrown at the dugout (whatever actually happened) and he can rant off about Scousers
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 02:24:53 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2022, 02:37:45 pm »
The thing is City as a club know they only need to throw mud at our fans and every fan in the country will lap it up. It's easy deflection from our clubs statement.

Darren from Dudley isn't really interested in what City fans sang but tell him the City bus got damaged or coins were thrown at the dugout (whatever actually happened) and he can rant off about Scousers

Yup,...its bred into a new generation to demonise scousers., sure some none Scouse/Liverpool FC fan people get it but for the moronic Brexit Flag shaggin nation we're the bad guys....so fuck it...we know the Truth...we don't need to pander to them ( though I would like some to a get a hiding)

The influence City and Newcastle will wield in the media in coming years is more insiduous...as the media is already scared to take them on...even the likes of the Guardian

The best thing we can do is win things and really piss everyone off!!!

We walk alone.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2022, 02:43:10 pm »
"I’m not sure we have to be best friends with other clubs," said Klopp

Too right, Fuck 'em all!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2022, 02:50:05 pm »

Not at Anfield but plenty of times at Old Trafford. For Dalglish's first match back it seemed like most of the 9,000 allocation were singing it. And most of those that wasn't singing it, were singing, "If you don't sing Munich you're a c*nt."

There's been plenty of other times since them but that's the largest amount post Hillsborough. It springs to mind as anybody trying to shout it down was called a c*nt.

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2022, 02:53:57 pm »

Cringe? There is a moral imperative to call this bullshit out. We must call attention to their false equivalences, their whatabouttery, their non-sequiturs in the strongest terms.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2022, 03:29:05 pm »

Too right, Fuck 'em all!

The man makes me gush
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2022, 04:15:02 pm »

Too right, Fuck 'em all!
Exactly!  There’s supporters of all clubs out there who understand what happened at Hillsborough and have shown their support over the years. And they will always be welcomed with open arms, and that goes for supporters of our fiercest rivals.

But nah…we generally look to Europe for our friends, and we find them virtually everywhere we go. I’m not a regular anymore, but I’ve done about 30 European aways over the years and never seen any trouble. The odd tense moment when the police are dressed like the Robocops mentioned last night (Anderlecht) or when the locals are looking to pick you off if you’re not in a group (Roma). But we just used to make friends wherever we went and I’m sure we still do. It’s in Liverpool’s DNA. And I’m talking about some of the most intimidating and passionate places in Europe.

Sorry if it sounds aloof (and I suppose it does wind them up! ;D) but couldn’t be arsed worrying about fans of English clubs liking us when we’ve got friends from Portugal to Turkey and all points in between. It boils down to scruffy no marks vs class n tapas. We’ve made our choice and we’re very happy with it!

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2022, 04:23:09 pm »
Exactly!  There’s supporters of all clubs out there who understand what happened at Hillsborough and have shown their support over the years. And they will always be welcomed with open arms, and that goes for supporters of our fiercest rivals.

But nah…we generally look to Europe for our friends, and we find them virtually everywhere we go. I’m not a regular anymore, but I’ve done about 30 European aways over the years and never seen any trouble. The odd tense moment when the police are dressed like the Robocops mentioned last night (Anderlecht) or when the locals are looking to pick you off if you’re not in a group (Roma). But we just used to make friends wherever we went and I’m sure we still do. It’s in Liverpool’s DNA. And I’m talking about some of the most intimidating and passionate places in Europe.

Sorry if it sounds aloof (and I suppose it does wind them up! ;D) but couldn’t be arsed worrying about fans of English clubs liking us when we’ve got friends from Portugal to Turkey and all points in between. It boils down to scruffy no marks vs class n tapas. We’ve made our choice and we’re very happy with it!
Excellent post :thumbup

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2022, 04:35:19 pm »
Not at Anfield but plenty of times at Old Trafford. For Dalglish's first match back it seemed like most of the 9,000 allocation were singing it. And most of those that wasn't singing it, were singing, "If you don't sing Munich you're a c*nt."

There's been plenty of other times since them but that's the largest amount post Hillsborough. It springs to mind as anybody trying to shout it down was called a c*nt.

I was there and don't recall that particular chant. I do remember Munich chants starting after persistent Hillsborough slurs from the majority of that shithole. Not defending it mind you but it was non stop from those c*nts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2022, 04:38:01 pm »
Yup,...its bred into a new generation to demonise scousers., sure some none Scouse/Liverpool FC fan people get it but for the moronic Brexit Flag shaggin nation we're the bad guys....so fuck it...we know the Truth...we don't need to pander to them ( though I would like some to a get a hiding)

The influence City and Newcastle will wield in the media in coming years is more insiduous...as the media is already scared to take them on...even the likes of the Guardian

The best thing we can do is win things and really piss everyone off!!!

We walk alone.

There are still journalists taking them on, I wish people would realise this and back those journalists up. Anyone who has witnessed what the sports washers do, when they bring their professional bodyguards onto Twitter know what some of them have to put up with. It’s why so many other journalists stay out of it. Which means we need to back the people who do.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2022, 04:38:33 pm »
Also:

Jonathan Wilson also brought it up on the Second Captains podcast. His comments mirror Dom King's

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2022, 05:16:54 pm »
There are still journalists taking them on, I wish people would realise this and back those journalists up. Anyone who has witnessed what the sports washers do, when they bring their professional bodyguards onto Twitter know what some of them have to put up with. It’s why so many other journalists stay out of it. Which means we need to back the people who do.
I've noticed you backing the good ones Jill and I took your point on board about Rob drapers good work re Paris.
I don't really do twitter apart from certain political and economic commentary, but what type of stuff happens to the decent journo's on Twitter? Is it orchestrated stuff by serious people or high volume abuse from the type of dickheads we see occasionally on here?
What sort of back up would you suggest and who are the gooduns needing support.