Author Topic: Stefan Bajčetić  (Read 170423 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Stefan Bajčetić
« Reply #160 on: November 9, 2022, 10:09:29 pm »
I wouldn't mind but the ref had been lecturing the keeper for his antics, so how he let that go I just don't know.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: November 9, 2022, 10:11:17 pm »
Bajcetic looks class, very mature performance and you can see he reads the game well

Gutted for him with the pen, what a pisstake from the ref and their timewasting keeper

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #162 on: November 9, 2022, 10:11:26 pm »
Err, he did get away with it……

He did but it wasn’t nearly as bad as the first one

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 9, 2022, 10:12:06 pm »
He's not ready yet
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #164 on: November 9, 2022, 10:13:05 pm »
There is no VAR until the semi-final. It is pretty much impossible for the officials to see a keeper move off his line unfortunately.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #165 on: November 9, 2022, 10:14:10 pm »
He's not ready yet

Yeah that's my feeling after seeing him play in the first team this season.  Think he shows a lot of promise and when he has time, he looks a classy operator, but he needs way more minutes in the PL/Championship before he's ready for a place in the squad.  Still reckon the speed of the game at this level is something he needs to adjust to.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #166 on: November 9, 2022, 10:18:26 pm »
He's not ready yet

I disagree. He's a big lad who's very mobile, reads the game well and can spray it around the park. Had a couple of loose passes but all in all that was the same or better than just about every Fabinho performance this season.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #167 on: November 9, 2022, 10:19:28 pm »
I disagree. He's a big lad who's very mobile, reads the game well and can spray it around the park. Had a couple of loose passes but all in all that was the same or better than just about every Fabinho performance this season.

;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #168 on: November 9, 2022, 10:22:09 pm »

Think he needs to pack some beef on.  He's got height, but his frame is really slender.  Elliott is wider than him and he only comes up to Bajcetic's waist.  Also got caught a few times on the ball when he was pressed.

It probably sounds like I'm on his case in this thread but I honestly think he's got the talent to succeed - he's just some way off deputising for Fabinho/Henderson, let alone replacing one of them.  Maybe at the start of next season, but I reckon a loan would be the making of him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 9, 2022, 10:22:29 pm »
Has shown some promise, but still yet to be convinced by the crazy shouts for him to start over Fabinho. He’s miles away but he’s still young.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #170 on: November 9, 2022, 10:50:21 pm »
I mean we see Hendo and Fabinho just wildly kicking balls away under pressure these days while not really tackling anybody and because Bajcetic got caught on the ball once or twice that's damning? Either you both are thinking of the senior players in their ideal and not what they currently are or I'm not really sure we're even watching the same games.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #171 on: November 9, 2022, 11:03:31 pm »
Has shown some promise, but still yet to be convinced by the crazy shouts for him to start over Fabinho. He’s miles away but he’s still young.

Yeah I agree. Him and one or two others were completely out muscled and out of their depth. Nowhere near ready but well played to him for tonight.

You watch these and the gulf between Elliott and these lads is massive

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #172 on: November 9, 2022, 11:14:56 pm »
I mean we see Hendo and Fabinho just wildly kicking balls away under pressure these days while not really tackling anybody and because Bajcetic got caught on the ball once or twice that's damning? Either you both are thinking of the senior players in their ideal and not what they currently are or I'm not really sure we're even watching the same games.

Bajcetic was playing against a League one side.

He is a fantastic talent but is way off the Premier league. Which is perfectly normal as he only turned 18 not so long ago. How many teenage DM's do you see playing at the top level ?

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #173 on: November 9, 2022, 11:15:52 pm »
Thought he was our best player in the first half and began to make the odd rash decision as we were chasing late on. He’ll be a player in the long run.
AHA!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #174 on: November 9, 2022, 11:18:20 pm »
Yeah I agree. Him and one or two others were completely out muscled and out of their depth. Nowhere near ready but well played to him for tonight.

You watch these and the gulf between Elliott and these lads is massive

Elliott certainly benefited from his loan to Blackburn and I’m sure the other youngsters would all gain as well.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #175 on: November 9, 2022, 11:20:01 pm »
Elliott certainly benefited from his loan to Blackburn and I’m sure the other youngsters would all gain as well.

Yeah for sure. They need more experience at a higher level

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #176 on: November 9, 2022, 11:31:48 pm »
Sounds like Morton is having a pretty good spell there as well. Perhaps Bajcetic could be next.

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #177 on: November 9, 2022, 11:33:30 pm »

He did? More than likely Elliott was good enough to play even then but we just didn't want to play him yet for whatever reason. I can't really think of any player that went out on loan at almost any club and then became good enough. Either their good enough or they're not and then it's just a question of what minutes are available.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2022, 02:11:59 am »
He did? More than likely Elliott was good enough to play even then but we just didn't want to play him yet for whatever reason. I can't really think of any player that went out on loan at almost any club and then became good enough. Either their good enough or they're not and then it's just a question of what minutes are available.

Harry Kane is a pretty easy player to think of who got loaned out for 3 seasons straight before making it and now considered one of the best strikers in the world

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2022, 02:14:19 am »
Harry Kane is a pretty easy player to think of who got loaned out for 3 seasons straight before making it and now considered one of the best strikers in the world
Isn't he 'pretty easy to think of' because he's a very rare exception at the top level?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2022, 02:17:09 am »
Isn't he 'pretty easy to think of' because he's a very rare exception at the top level?

Okay? He literally said "I cant think of a any player who went on loan and became good enough"

So I showed him that it was pretty fucking easy to find someone who did exactly that and not even just one season loan but three seasons

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2022, 02:21:51 am »

They aren't quite good enough because they are young and lack experience.

You send them out on loan they mature, gain experience and become good enough.

It really isn't that hard to understand.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2022, 02:22:04 am »
Okay? He literally said "I cant think of a any player who went on loan and became good enough"

So I showed him that it was pretty fucking easy to find someone who did exactly that and not even just one season loan but three seasons
heh he he you're on a roll tonight mate. Figurative language not a strong point for you I take it? Lol
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2022, 02:23:52 am »
I can't really think of any player that went out on loan at almost any club and then became good enough.

Plenty of examples: Kane, Beckham, Cantona, Reece James, Mason Mount, Olivier Giroud, Modric, Lahm

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2022, 02:24:24 am »
heh he he you're on a roll tonight mate. Figurative language not a strong point for you I take it? Lol

Nah I just cant stand your dog shit takes old fart

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2022, 02:26:32 am »
They aren't quite good enough because they are young and lack experience.

You send them out on loan they mature, gain experience and become good enough.

It really isn't that hard to understand.
Doesn't always work out that way though, does it? Players often go out on loan and stagnate. Or bother the bench. Or flitter about from loan club to loan club until whatever promise they had has been leeched away by indecision and inconsistency. It's a trickier thing to get right than you are making out.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2022, 02:26:57 am »
Nah I just cant stand your dog shit takes old fart
:lmao

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2022, 02:33:28 am »
Doesn't always work out that way though, does it? Players often go out on loan and stagnate. Or bother the bench. Or flitter about from loan club to loan club until whatever promise they had has been leeched away by indecision and inconsistency. It's a trickier thing to get right than you are making out.

Obviously, it doesn't work out that way.

Young players' careers aren't linear.

The point is that Dave McCoy is stating as a fact that Elliott was always going to make it whether he went on loan to Blackburn or not which is farcical.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2022, 02:35:05 am »
He’s a decent enough prospect, but Klopp knows what he’s doing with keeping Fabinho ahead in the pecking order. Not a knock, but Bajcetic could use a loan or two.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2022, 02:39:05 am »
Obviously, it doesn't work out that way.

Young players' careers aren't linear.

The point is that Dave McCoy is stating as a fact that Elliott was always going to make it whether he went on loan to Blackburn or not which is farcical.
I agree there's far too much 'stating things as facts' in discussion these days, esp from people (all of us) not in a position to be able to do so. The tiny subset of the world that is football is as complex and unpredictable as the whole, in a fractal way.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2022, 03:18:17 am »

Kane failed on his loans and if it wasn’t for Soldado sucking there’s no way to know what would have happened.

Plenty of examples: Kane, Beckham, Cantona, Reece James, Mason Mount, Olivier Giroud, Modric, Lahm

For the ones in this century I’d say none weren’t good enough as is. Loans are nothing more than a way to get minutes to players not needed or wanted and have very little to do with development.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2022, 03:22:38 am »

Kane was probably always good enough, they just didn’t trust him. He sure as shit didn’t light it up on his loans. It’s actually a bad example as his last stop at Leicester he couldn’t even get in the squad half the time.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2022, 04:43:27 am »
Neat and Tidy. Does the boring things well and stays focused. He has a bright future if he keeps developing. His passing range needs to improve to push for the first team but so far, he's been very reliable in his position and looks after the ball very very well.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2022, 05:42:45 am »

Lmao  :lmao

You are saying that if we send this lad or some of the other youngsters to a German, French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese club for a season or so, it will NOT lead to his game improving?

A lot of players go to different clubs on loan and definitely become better.  Even if they are not ready for the first team, their value definitely increases.
Phuk yoo

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2022, 05:49:40 am »
Lmao  :lmao

You are saying that if we send this lad or some of the other youngsters to a German, French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese club for a season or so, it will NOT lead to his game improving?

A lot of players go to different clubs on loan and definitely become better.  Even if they are not ready for the first team, their value definitely increases.

I’d wager it would make no difference in whether they become first team players here or not. Future sale value? Sure but that has nothing to do with development and more letting other clubs get actual game stats on players we would like to sell.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2022, 09:19:05 am »
Maybe we can get him into a Championship side for the second half of the season, but he looks a real talent.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2022, 09:43:13 am »
Kane failed on his loans and if it wasn’t for Soldado sucking there’s no way to know what would have happened.
That's definitely not how Leyton Orient and Milwall see it. One in three ish record in his first professional games. Literally young player of the year at Milwall.

Seems like you're reading too much into the season he broke a bone in his foot while at Norwich and was loaned out soon after recovering to Leicester, on a run to the playoffs, who had a lot of established forwards on permanent contracts (Vardy, Nugent Chris Wood, Beckford).

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2022, 09:55:37 am »
I'm not sure you can say Kane failed on his loans.....but there certainly wasn't any suggestion that he'd become even a quarter of the player he has. I saw him first hand for Leicester and he was absolute shite. I certainly dont think he became the player he is because of the loans.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2022, 09:59:47 am »

Loan spells seem to work for Chelsea’s myriad youngsters- Lukaku, Gallagher, Mount spring to mind immediately.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2022, 10:27:06 am »
Kane was probably always good enough, they just didn’t trust him. He sure as shit didn’t light it up on his loans. It’s actually a bad example as his last stop at Leicester he couldn’t even get in the squad half the time.
Kane was too fat at that point.