Author Topic: Paris  (Read 182397 times)

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Paris
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2022, 12:44:41 pm »
Fuck me this press conference like 89 all over again
Liverpool supporters (not least, the OP) are very experienced in rebutting such narratives - and this time, are armed with video evidence and the experiences of VIPs and journalists on the ground. The French Interior Minister may not realise what she's dealing with - and is thinking only about domestic politics.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2022, 12:46:50 pm »
Liverpool supporters (not least, the OP) are very experienced in rebutting such narratives - and this time, are armed with video evidence and the experiences of VIPs and journalists on the ground. The French Interior Minister may not realise what she's dealing with - and is thinking only about domestic politics.

Oh no doubt but the narrative straight out “ hooligans “  “ticketless “ “ didn’t turn up on time like Madrid “ only needs the shout of drunkeness

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2022, 12:49:28 pm »
All the French racist/Le Pen types are having a field day with this.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2022, 12:55:36 pm »
That's what the French are saying. We need to understand that. It's called news reporting.

No it's not, that's transcribing.  Journalism is more about gathering the facts and disseminating the news in a fair and impartial manner, not acting as someone's PR arm.

God knows it's pretty much impossible to rely on BBC News website to do actual journalism after the Laura Kuennsberg years though.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2022, 12:57:40 pm »

The problem is that these inbred English dickheads are just reading as far as the headline.

It's not just English dickheads. Lots of people just read the headline and don't care about a lot else. I do work in journalism and I dare say I have some experience in the field. Having a headline like that up almost two days after the event with the all the information that is available if you look for it (which is what you should be doing, when you're writing such an article) is nothing short of a disgrace. The title makes it sound like it is a FACT that fake tickets caused the mess when it is clearly not. I have younger colleagues asking me for advice about their articles from time to time. If they came to me with that headline, I'd ask them whether they believe that fake tickets caused the mess, because that's what the headline says and there's no two ways about it.

The actual article does a pretty good job in terms of presenting what is known and that the claims by the French officials are very likely to be a load of shite, but it gets ruined by a stupid fucking headline that's not even a good one. Just make it "French authorities blame fake tickets for final chaos" or whatever if you really have to have the fake ticket thing in your headline. In the big picture though the fake tickets (that were around without a doubt) were a tiny factor (if they even played a part in this, which I kind of doubt) in the whole mess. What seems to be clear is that there were much bigger issues with how the big crowd was handled and how thugs were allowed to run rampant before and after the match, while proper football supporters who did nothing wrong were getting battered and treated like subhumans. That should be the headline and not some shite about "fake tickets". Disgusting...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 01:01:24 pm by stoa »

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2022, 12:58:36 pm »
https://twitter.com/ZachLowy/status/1530906755407945728

Thierry Henry before the Champions League Final:

“The final is in Saint-Denis, not Paris. Trust me, you don’t want to be in Saint-Denis.”

Let's hope it's the last time we're ever fucking there.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2022, 01:01:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1531240931948650496?s=21&t=zbu2erx5vf9DW0QoBFG27A

This is making my blood boil. How can you outright stand here and lie like this.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2022, 01:01:03 pm »
The Guardian was leading with the same earlier, “ Liverpool fans caused initial problems in Paris, says French sports minister”.

Need to have a word with themselves, click bait on the level of the Daily Mail.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2022, 01:02:40 pm »
I think at this point the club need to make a formal statement refuting this bullshit narrative and should be calling out the ineptitude of Uefa and the police.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2022, 01:04:29 pm »
No wonder the Organisation and policing was pathetic. they all know the establishment will have their backs when they f.. up badly.
All down to fake tickets my arse.  shocked they think people are stupid enough to believe this rubbish. French politicians have lost a lot of respect today. never rated the police so no surprise to see them acting like they are still living in the 60s.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2022, 01:04:31 pm »
There's videos coming out now of them doing stuff to the Madrid fans, which was kept quiet.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2022, 01:06:34 pm »
yeah some very prominent right wingers in France will have a field day with this
Unsurprising really. The fact that the far right have gained such popularity should come as no shock. These gangs have created a lawless society in that and other areas for a long time now and every French person I know, voted Macron while holding their nose, they hate him. The lack of a major mainstream party dealing with the issue has fed into Le Pens hands and if these gangs aren’t brought under control soon, France will fall to the far right.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2022, 01:07:13 pm »
So why aren't the headlines "French Minister blames fans despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary" or something along those lines? Guardian, Times, BBC, 'all front page' and all leading with "fans fault, says french minister".

It's the same fucking playbook and it's a fucking disgrace.

You can't explain it away as "that's news reporting".

You're getting distracted - and distracting others - with something that is trivial.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2022, 01:10:04 pm »
You're getting distracted - and distracting others - with something that is trivial.

Trivial my arse. This is exactly how it works, they set out their stall early perpetuating lies and then the onus is on the supporters and club to disprove their bullshit but by then much of the damage is done.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2022, 01:11:30 pm »
Unsurprising really. The fact that the far right have gained such popularity should come as no shock. These gangs have created a lawless society in that and other areas for a long time now and every French person I know, voted Macron while holding their nose, they hate him. The lack of a major mainstream party dealing with the issue has fed into Le Pens hands and if these gangs aren’t brought under control soon, France will fall to the far right.

Didn't 40%+ literally vote for a fascist in the recent election? A lot of the rest very reluctantly voted Macron to keep out Le Pen.

France seems a wild place at the moment. There's been a vast amount of trouble at top flight matches all season long, not least at St Ettiene last night who rioted on the pitch after relegation.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2022, 01:12:28 pm »
Yorky is right, we have to make sure we don't get distracted. We have evidence here, say nothing of British and French journalists caught up in the spraying. This is not something that the French authorities are going to get away with. I really hope that the two clubs can get together on this. We really have to get over the points that it wasn't just our own fans caught up in this but also the Real Madrid fans. One of the biggest misconceptions is that they were all inside the stadium on time. We now know that is not the case for some of their fans. This is what we have to start chasing up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2022, 01:12:46 pm »
Miguel Delaney has posted a Spanish piece on his Twitter. In it fans are claiming that locals got into their end without tickets. Like our fans they are saying they were attacked on the way out like ours. This is so important. The French authorities will not be able to avoid responsibly if both clubs are complaining. One of the football journalists caught up in the spraying was Jason Burt of the Telegraph he is fuming. Another encouraging aspect are different journalists having a go at non-Liverpool fans claiming it was our fault. They all seem really keen to hammer the lies being put about.

On the way back yesterday I was thinking about this. You know it was bad if the media are supporting us.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2022, 01:13:19 pm »
Trivial my arse. This is exactly how it works, they set out their stall early perpetuating lies and then the onus is on the supporters and club to disprove their bullshit but by then much of the damage is done.

OK, my last post on this because it really isn't the issue. Click on the link below the headline. Send it to your sceptical friends. Post it on social media. And then concentrate your fire on the enemy - the French police, the Department of the Interior and UEFA.

For once it seems that the majority of the press - British, French and Spanish - are with us. Let's go with that.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2022, 01:13:50 pm »
Didn't 40%+ literally vote for a fascist in the recent election? A lot of the rest very reluctantly voted Macron to keep out Le Pen.

France seems a wild place at the moment. There's been a vast amount of trouble at top flight matches all season long, not least at St Ettiene last night who rioted on the pitch after relegation.
Yeah, think it was 44% which is scary, but when mainstream politicians ignore common issues, it shouldn’t come as a shock.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2022, 01:14:51 pm »

You can only persuade people who want to listen, picking up on those who don't want to be informed is just a waste of energy. There are plenty out there we can reach out to, so let's concentrate on that otherwise it's like hitting your head against a brick wall.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2022, 01:15:25 pm »
We are familiar with out-of-their-depth ministers in this country. It’s of no comfort to discover France is similarly blighted. Moreover, it’s clear as day that Liverpool supporters are being scapegoated to save the faces of Paris police and stewards; and there is a blatant attempt to differentiate between the two sets of supporters.

But Karveh Solhekol has just confirmed that he was aware of RM supporters failing to gain entrance in equal if not greater numbers, because of locals, but also Madrid supporters who’d gained prior access to their allotted seats.

It stinks to high heaven, and that the French interior minister should imply that the final in 2019 in Madrid was problematic because of Liverpool supporters is as outrageous as it is sinister and cowardly. Fucking politicians - why is the world seemingly so full of bad ones?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2022, 01:16:51 pm »
OK, my last post on this because it really isn't the issue. Click on the link below the headline. Send it to your sceptical friends. Post it on social media. And then concentrate your fire on the enemy - the French police, the Department of the Interior and UEFA.

For once it seems that the majority of the press - British, French and Spanish - are with us. Let's go with that.

Yes, that's the key for me too. I wonder if the two clubs will co-operate with each other, that would bring even more pressure down on UEFA.

Online Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2022, 01:18:12 pm »
A lot of reporters who were at the game have explained what went on. The Sky tv crew explained what went on. A number of high profile tv personalities have explained what went on. He fans have explained what went on…..Yet here we are faced with another government and its police not taking any of the blame for the incident. If you think a meeting between the corrupt UEFA officials and the French government will bring clarity I think we will be mistaken. UEFA and the French government have also put the seed of doubt into public perception when they mention ‘fans late’ or ‘ticketless fans’. Thereby placing the blame on LFC.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2022, 01:19:41 pm »
Yes, that's the key for me too. I wonder if the two clubs will co-operate with each other, that would bring even more pressure down on UEFA.

I hope so Jill. We certainly need help to neutralise the French idea that "everything was hunky dory at the Madrid end of the ground." Kick that pillar away and they're left with very little.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2022, 01:19:44 pm »
On the way back yesterday I was thinking about this. You know it was bad if the media are supporting us.

Some of the media got caught up in it. The lead Football reporter of the Telegraph Jason Burt has been fuming about it all weekend, as he's still having issues with the spray in his eyes. Not only that but journalists who were reporting this stuff, were turning on those who were trying to say our fans were to blame. This has really annoyed a lot of them, we need to hope they will continue with keeping this story in the headlines.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2022, 01:19:57 pm »
Minister of the Interior Gérald Darmanin says that 70% of Liverpool fans' tickets at the initial filtering stage were fake (around 40,000), and that the head of police made the decision to remove this check due to crowding issues.

Darmanin continues:

"In 2019, the final between Liverpool and Tottenham caused the same issues in Madrid. So did a final at Wembley a few years ago. There was also the Liverpool manager who called on supporters to come to France even without tickets."

Darmanin on Liverpool fans:

"We found ourselves with tens of thousands of British supporters of which a section respected the rules perfectly. And a minor, but extremely lively, section which pushed the authorities." (via BFMTV)

Darmanin on the removal of the initial filtering of tickets:

"The decisions that were taken ensured that there were no deaths. The initial filtering was removed to avoid people being crushed on police cordons or on gates."

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2022, 01:20:53 pm »
I hope so Jill. We certainly need help to neutralise the French idea that "everything was hunky dory at the Madrid end of the ground." Kick that pillar away and they're left with very little.

Yes, that's key for me because they have based all their arguments on this being a Liverpool only problem. We now know that is not the case and its being reported in the press across Europe, including in France.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2022, 01:22:36 pm »
Of course that's what the French government is doing, but news headlines today are more transient things than they were in '89. From a quick glance at the BBC, they've already run three separate headlines - "Liverpool want investigation into Final scenes", "UK urges investigation into Paris football chaos" and "Fake tickets triggered Paris final chaos - France". The latter is a little jarring (Sky's is better - 'French minister claims...'), but it is reporting of one news event: the French Minister statement; just as they've reported the UK government statement and the club's statement. The contents, and the breadth of other reporting, is overwhelmingly clear on where the fault lies. A news headline today is replaced in hours. Those transient headlines are not going to set the narrative, except to a minority of rival morons who had decided it was Heysel/Hillsborough all over again before the game even kicked off.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2022, 01:23:54 pm »
That's what the French are saying. We need to understand that. It's called news reporting.

It's not though is it. The Guardian and the BBC have been fucking horrific overall on this. They're barely even using inverted commas. The Mail, Telegraph etc have been telling the truth.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2022, 01:25:24 pm »
Minister of the Interior Gérald Darmanin says that 70% of Liverpool fans' tickets at the initial filtering stage were fake (around 40,000), and that the head of police made the decision to remove this check due to crowding issues.

Darmanin continues:

"In 2019, the final between Liverpool and Tottenham caused the same issues in Madrid. So did a final at Wembley a few years ago. There was also the Liverpool manager who called on supporters to come to France even without tickets."

Darmanin on Liverpool fans:

"We found ourselves with tens of thousands of British supporters of which a section respected the rules perfectly. And a minor, but extremely lively, section which pushed the authorities." (via BFMTV)

Darmanin on the removal of the initial filtering of tickets:

"The decisions that were taken ensured that there were no deaths. The initial filtering was removed to avoid people being crushed on police cordons or on gates."

He must've run out of time to mention the corruption and collusion between his police and criminal gangs.

Offline nycjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2022, 01:26:20 pm »
There was also the Liverpool manager who called on supporters to come to France even without tickets."

Absolute joker. Maybe they should have told everyone they shouldnt travel to France without a match ticket, fuck knows why they put on and advertised fan zones and match screenings if they didnt want people to travel to their country for the game.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2022, 01:26:29 pm »
More quotes:

"The French doctrine of maintaining order prevented deaths and injuries. Comparisons with the Olympics and the Rugby World Cup [to be held in France in 2024 and 2023], knowing that it's patently only in football with certain English clubs that these events happen." (via BFMTV)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2022, 01:27:22 pm »

This makes my blood boil. There was an interview Deutsche Welle did posted earlier in this thread with a lawyer and board member at Football Supporters Europe that wholly refutes this bullshit. Miguel Delaney's piece also shows the line French authorities are peddling is utter shite

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2022, 01:28:08 pm »
I don't think there's any doubt that fake tickets were one of the root causes of the problem.

Many, if not most, holders may not have been aware, or had invalidated tickets, but without a system to shunt them without stopping the flow it's just feeding the chaos.

Our lot needs to start chanting "Back Up!" from the front next time a crush comes.  This is another tragic accident waiting to happen and being the best supported Club in the World, you know what's gonna happen next time.

You know this as fact do you?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2022, 01:28:14 pm »
Fuckers are doubling down.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2022, 01:28:29 pm »
More quotes:

"The French doctrine of maintaining order prevented deaths and injuries. Comparisons with the Olympics and the Rugby World Cup [to be held in France in 2024 and 2023], knowing that it's patently only in football with certain English clubs that these events happen." (via BFMTV)

Absolute fucking c*nt. I'm sure the poundshop David Cameron that is Macron will be coming out with similar shit.

Our Government should be making a major diplomatic incident of this. British citizens assaulted on masse and slandered by a foreign government.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2022, 01:28:39 pm »
More quotes:

He must have missed what happened with St Etienne last night i guess
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2022, 01:30:28 pm »
Would be nice if the two clubs could come together and demand some form of accountability after the weekend's events. As Zlen says however they've decided to double down on the whole thing. Shameful after their utterly shambolic organisation of the event.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2022, 01:31:28 pm »
They mentioned the final in Madrid, saying they were the same sort of problems. I don't recall their being any such problems back then. Another bare faced lie.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2022, 01:31:58 pm »
UEFA will have been out for revenge from the second we booed their shit anthem and drowned out that shit singer.

The French have fucked up and Macron will be whipping up anti-English setiment to help in their elections.