Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12294386 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #105840 on: March 14, 2023, 04:34:46 pm »
Is Ben ok

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #105841 on: March 14, 2023, 04:54:11 pm »
Is Ben ok
The club: “Ben reported feeling dizzy on the pitch but passed all pitchside assessments and was able to walk off.

“Was on the pitch at the end with the team and is now on the coach back to the airport.

“Ben is feeling well now but we are following standard FA concussion protocol.”
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #105842 on: March 17, 2023, 01:01:37 am »
Any of the CM's worth a try into the first team? (Bacjectic gone for season...we are running low on numbers...)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105843 on: March 17, 2023, 05:45:06 pm »
Any of the CM's worth a try into the first team? (Bacjectic gone for season...we are running low on numbers...)

Not really,Balagizi would of been my pick but injured,dunno if he'll play again this season.Frauendorf but doesn't seen to play midfield,although i always thought he should,Corness  and Stephenson could get a bench spot as the season winds down,why not.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105844 on: March 17, 2023, 06:05:26 pm »

Not really,Balagizi would of been my pick but injured,dunno if he'll play again this season.Frauendorf but doesn't seen to play midfield,although i always thought he should,Corness  and Stephenson could get a bench spot as the season winds down,why not.

Bobby Clark got PL minutes early in the season and started the Derby County game in midfield.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 06:07:01 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105845 on: March 18, 2023, 11:18:05 am »
No one watching the U18s v Sunderland right now?  We’re being given a right run around.  Lucky to be only 2-1 down.  But 2 under age CBS for us so good learning

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105846 on: March 18, 2023, 11:26:11 am »
3-1 and could easily be 5 or 6, the injury crisis spreads right through the entire club at every level, definitely something fundamentally wrong.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105847 on: March 18, 2023, 11:44:00 am »
What I never understand about the live academy stuff is are the commentary team actually there watching in person? They never hear whistles, they never see flags, they never spot fouls. They've just spent 2 minutes banging on about how Liverpool could have brought it back to 3-2 when the whistle had gone and the keeper is then carrying the ball outside his box to take the free kick. Clueless.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105848 on: March 18, 2023, 12:46:07 pm »
In slightly better news, Rhys Williams puts the u21s up against Blackburn

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105849 on: March 18, 2023, 12:47:44 pm »
Spoke too soon.  1-1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105850 on: March 18, 2023, 02:59:13 pm »
U-21 finished as a win 3-2,Stewart scored again,4 straight games he's done that i think.I caught the last 15 of the u-18, good goal from Koumas to make it a 5-2 defeat.All gone wrogn for the u-18's this season.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105851 on: March 18, 2023, 03:03:45 pm »
U-21 finished as a win 3-2,Stewart scored again,4 straight games he's done that i think.I caught the last 15 of the u-18, good goal from Koumas to make it a 5-2 defeat.All gone wrogn for the u-18's this season.

Only won 5 all season,don't know enough about the group to know if that's because players were being promoted due to our injuries or something else
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105852 on: March 19, 2023, 08:40:14 am »

Only won 5 all season,don't know enough about the group to know if that's because players were being promoted due to our injuries or something else

There’s something not quite right at the academy for me.

This years 18s are a poor group, I knew they were going in to the season. Next years scholars aren’t much better either.

We do have a couple of good individuals who are too good for that level now but none have these have been produced by us, they’ve all been bought in quite late and “made” elsewhere.

For all the resources we have, we have a huge turnover of players and we’re either not identifying the right talent in the early age groups or we’re unable to develop it when we do.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105853 on: March 19, 2023, 11:48:47 am »
There’s something not quite right at the academy for me.

This years 18s are a poor group, I knew they were going in to the season. Next years scholars aren’t much better either.

We do have a couple of good individuals who are too good for that level now but none have these have been produced by us, they’ve all been bought in quite late and “made” elsewhere.

For all the resources we have, we have a huge turnover of players and we’re either not identifying the right talent in the early age groups or we’re unable to develop it when we do.

Ultimately we haven't got the talent pool of somewhere like London, or the endless resources of a City or Chelsea. What tends to work for us is aggressively targeting the best talent in their mid teen years and while we get 1 or 2 a year we should make it 4 or 5. No doubt we could improve the coaching and recruitment in the younger years as well. Coaching wise i'd like to see Critchley back now he's out of work.

We do usually tend to have a lot of players of the same profile as well. The goal poacher who doesn't have the all round game, the slight number 10 who doesn't have the physique. The speed merchant. The technically sound CM who is too small/slight to realistically make it. Bajcetic was an exception in terms of a midfielder with a profile the first team needed but he was signed as a CB.

We seem to have been battered by injuries as well this season, which is perhaps not helped by the Academy medical staff having to fill in for the first team. The amount of times our best prospects are out for an endless amount of time with an injury is ridiculous as well. Stewart back now from a very long lay off, Gordon hasn't kicked a ball for over a year.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:56:08 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105854 on: March 25, 2023, 07:14:33 pm »
Jones with a lovely goal for the England U21s and an assist apparently

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #105855 on: March 25, 2023, 07:17:25 pm »
Shite him, sell him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #105856 on: March 26, 2023, 03:13:40 am »
Ultimately we haven't got the talent pool of somewhere like London, or the endless resources of a City or Chelsea. What tends to work for us is aggressively targeting the best talent in their mid teen years and while we get 1 or 2 a year we should make it 4 or 5. No doubt we could improve the coaching and recruitment in the younger years as well. Coaching wise i'd like to see Critchley back now he's out of work.

We do usually tend to have a lot of players of the same profile as well. The goal poacher who doesn't have the all round game, the slight number 10 who doesn't have the physique. The speed merchant. The technically sound CM who is too small/slight to realistically make it. Bajcetic was an exception in terms of a midfielder with a profile the first team needed but he was signed as a CB.

We seem to have been battered by injuries as well this season, which is perhaps not helped by the Academy medical staff having to fill in for the first team. The amount of times our best prospects are out for an endless amount of time with an injury is ridiculous as well. Stewart back now from a very long lay off, Gordon hasn't kicked a ball for over a year.

Remembering the past seasons as well, we seem to get hit with the injury bug in the teams especially to promising forwards who might have had more of a chance . Is there a chance they will look for a slightly different profile for young players to bring in moving forward? People have also commented on how tiny some of our players had been (we seem to prefer technique over physique). I mean young guys can development.. but to a point right?. Is there a chance several might be looked at to convert much like Bacjectic has from CB to CM for example?.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105857 on: March 26, 2023, 12:56:03 pm »
Shite him, sell him.

I would sell him in a heartbeat.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105858 on: March 26, 2023, 09:28:03 pm »
Bradley turning up again tonight. Seems to be grabbing most opportunities with both hands to have a future at LFC.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105859 on: March 26, 2023, 10:44:16 pm »
Bradley is class, love the lad. Could save us a lot of money in the future

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #105860 on: March 26, 2023, 11:01:16 pm »
Bradley turning up again tonight. Seems to be grabbing most opportunities with both hands to have a future at LFC.

BBC saying that NI ‘relied on his surging runs’.

Hopefully gets a chance in pre season.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #105861 on: March 27, 2023, 04:55:41 am »
Bradley is class, love the lad. Could save us a lot of money in the future
Aye, he's got something about him. Top player in the making. And he's got good pace.

I hope he stays in and around the first team squad next season.

Him and Ramsay to provide more competition next season.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #105862 on: March 27, 2023, 01:13:00 pm »
Highlights of Bradley seem to pop up fairly regularly with him either scoring or assisting, but has anyone watched enough Bolton to know what he's like going the other way?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105863 on: April 1, 2023, 04:14:02 pm »
Figueroa got all three against Wolves today in a needed win for the u18s. He's been in great form recently for club and country. One I'll be watching out for.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105864 on: April 1, 2023, 04:22:39 pm »
Did it in 13 first half minutes no less! Nice.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105865 on: April 2, 2023, 09:54:12 pm »
Conor Bradley played the full 90 for Bolton vs Plymouth in the EFL trophy final at Wembley. Bolton won 4-0. Congratulations young man.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105866 on: April 4, 2023, 07:06:41 am »
Good academy news coming in the way of Liverpool U14 today, who beat Fulham to win the U14 Premier League International Cup. Came up against Chelsea, PSV, Sunderland and Sparta Prague. Player of the tournament came from The Reds 🔴

https://twitter.com/LewisBower2021/status/1642910766289367040?t=HfG0m5qOAWyrb494CPdHvQ&s=19

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105867 on: April 4, 2023, 08:33:21 am »
Layton Stewart keeps scoring.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #105868 on: April 4, 2023, 08:46:59 am »
Layton Stewart keeps scoring.

Just good to see him playing after all his injuries.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105869 on: April 4, 2023, 02:17:59 pm »
Just good to see him playing after all his injuries.

Yep he deserves a break, he would have been even further along I’d not for injuries, one of the best goal-scorers we’ve had in the youth teams for years, would like to see if he can get a good league 1 or Championship loan next season.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #105870 on: April 4, 2023, 04:17:59 pm »
He seems to be doing really well recently, racking up the goals. League 1 loan next season shouldn't be a problem for him surely if he can remain fit, but there's half the problem unfortunately.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105871 on: April 4, 2023, 07:18:11 pm »
Talking of injuries,anyone heard anything about Issac Mabaya,i know there were set back rumors but ?

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #105872 on: April 4, 2023, 07:19:27 pm »
Saw something earlier about him and Balagizi being back running. Cannonier hopeful to play before the season ends too.
AHA!

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #105873 on: April 5, 2023, 02:47:03 pm »
Conor Bradley played the full 90 for Bolton vs Plymouth in the EFL trophy final at Wembley. Bolton won 4-0. Congratulations young man.

He'll probably get shipped off on loan again next season but I'd love him to come back to us and provide genuine competition to Trent

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #105874 on: April 5, 2023, 04:11:01 pm »
Saw something earlier about him and Balagizi being back running. Cannonier hopeful to play before the season ends too.

So the youth players seem to have the same injury curse as the 1st team then.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #105875 on: April 5, 2023, 04:16:46 pm »
Any updates on Kaide? Pretty sure he hasn't kicked a ball in about 18 months at this point...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105876 on: April 5, 2023, 05:35:07 pm »
So the youth players seem to have the same injury curse as the 1st team then.

It feels worse cos they limp off in a game and ya don't see or hear anything for months! At least with first team you get regular updates.And Good to read Mabaya and Balagizi are closer.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105877 on: April 7, 2023, 10:52:28 am »

Stewart seems to just be a natural goalscorer, would love to see him get a chance in pre season, he was always one who looked very athletic which gave him a chance of making it but had awful injuries

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105878 on: April 7, 2023, 03:46:20 pm »
Bradley has scored for Bolton today.   Having a very good loan

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105879 on: April 7, 2023, 03:58:21 pm »
Bradley has scored for Bolton today.   Having a very good loan

The only potential issue with him is he's shining as a wingback, they don't play with a flat 4.  We obviously get our fullbacks high but I'm not sure he's been tested enough defensively yet.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.