Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Leicester Jota 34’ 86’  (Read 14294 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Leicester Jota 34’ 86’
« on: February 10, 2022, 07:01:04 pm »

Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Dan Cook, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Martin Atkinson.
VAR: Darren England.
Assistant VAR: Adrian Holmes.

Well done to Sadio and commiserations to Mo; nothing to be ashamed of coming 2nd especially in a penalty shootout. Sadio's wining penalty was unstoppable and shows the character of the man.
I don't expect either to be playing this Thursday as they both need a bit of time-off. We have shown that we can march on irrespective of who is available and the guys who have stepped in have played very well.

After a long break which seemed like forever we resume our league challenge. It was nice to see Thiago, Keita and Elliott back for us against Cardiff with Harvey’s goal being the highlight of the match. It was also great to see Diaz come on as we all expect him to be an exciting player.

At the time of writing we are 9 points behind City but with a game in hand. City play the day before us so let's hope that they drop some points. We obviously need to go on an incredible run to make up the ground but, although anything could happen, it would be a big, but pleasant, surprise if we haul them in. We have the players to do it but maybe we have let them get too far ahead. Anyway, time will tell.

Let me start with our opponents on Thursday. I used to like Leicester, especially under Ranieri. I don't mind a team coming from nowhere to upset the big clubs. Obviously I'd like us to win the league but if not then a new team would be nice once in a while.

However Leicester are fast becoming one of the teams that I don't like, mainly due to their supporters. I hate those plastic clappers that they use and I'd cringe if we ever thought that it would be a good idea. I also dislike Vardy as he gets away with diving......Mr Traily Leg. Schmeichel is another one who has become snidey for some reason. Let's knock 5 past him and put him firmly back in his box.

My favourite quote about Leicester (the place that is):
"Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper has got to be a genius"  - Brian Clough

As you can gather, I don't like Leicester and it would be great to give them a hammering.
Vardy being out is a great bonus for us as he generally is a handful.
Pereira, who broke his leg against us, may return. He was on the bench against Forest.

Enough about them as it's all about us as; if we play well then we should win and win well. Leicester were rubbish against Forest and I don’t expect them to be much better on Thursday. We have players that should be buzzing playing for the first team and who will want to show how good they are.

As for injuries….is it true that for a long, long time we don’t have any?

Our defence almost picks itself and the only question for me is who partners Virgil. Matip has looked a bit nervous recently but may return; however I wouldn't be worried if either Konate or Gomez starts.

We haven’t seen Joe start for a long time and I have forgotten what he looks like. This is him playing alongside Virgil (see below).........well I think that's him. I think he's put on the wrong kit though.

(I hope that one gets past the mods)

In midfield Fabinho should make a welcome return and I also expect Henderson to play. The third could be Thiago or even Elliott. I'm swaying towards Elliott with Thiago coming on to replace Henderson. Would you leave out Elliot after his display against Cardiff? I think it’s certain that he will come on at some stage if not start.

Our front three has suddenly become even more interesting. The arrival of Diaz will shake them up in a good way. Salah may be given a rest following his recent games at AFCON and Sadio will most likely not have been found yet……he’ll still be dancing in the streets somewhere in Senegal.

I think we’ll see the same front three as started against Cardiff although Elliott may replace Minamino and let Thiago start in midfield. I think Diaz will get at least 30 minutes and by then I think Leicester will be tiring. I’m really looking forward to seeing what Diaz can do.

What will our tactics be? Well I expect us to go all out attack and to run them ragged. Our forwards in particular will be told to press high up the pitch and to not let Leicester have any time on the ball.

We have a great defence and a fantastic set of forwards. My only concern is that our midfield doesn't control the game and if so then we could allow Leicester into the game. However I think we will be far too strong and a brace from Jota and one each from Diaz and Elliott will shove those plastic clappers up their @@@@@.

Anything other than a comfortable win will be disappointing.

More of this please Harvey:

My closing words.......I believe that the motto of Leicester (the place) is:
Semper Eadem – "always the same''

That should be the motto for their boring fans. I'd rather they just stayed at home and knitted jumpers.

Over to you guys to show some love for Elliott, Diaz, Sadio, Mo etc.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 09:29:39 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs Leicester
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 07:02:33 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 07:02:58 pm »
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 07:46:25 pm »
0 underway

An early through ball by TAA finds Diaz on the edge of the area, into the area and the defender gets a foot in…

Sliced them open
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 07:46:59 pm »
It was a spectacular pass on his left foot.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 07:47:14 pm »
Oof! Luis nearly in within 15s....

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 07:47:43 pm »
2 Diaz causing them all sorts of trouble, harasses their right back but a free kick is given

W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 07:49:28 pm »
4 we win the ball on midfield, played to Bobby who tries to feed Diaz but the pass is blocked.
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 07:49:39 pm »
Mo is looking so restless on the bench.  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2022, 07:50:50 pm »
5 free kick 35 yards out after a foul on Fabinho

Headed over by Bobby 
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 07:53:06 pm »
7 great break by Maddison plays it into the area and the shot is touched over by Alisson for a corner

Cleared by Trent

W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2022, 07:55:50 pm »
10 break by the reds, a TAA cross into the area is cleared
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2022, 07:56:57 pm »
12 Diaz skins the full back, good cut back, but no one meets it.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2022, 07:58:12 pm »
13 dangerous Allbrighton cross form the right is cleared
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2022, 07:58:32 pm »
Is today the day we see  a Joel mazy run end in a goal for us

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2022, 07:59:23 pm »
14 marvellous diagonal by Thiago to Diaz, he ruins their right back, another good cut back, but it misses everyone
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2022, 07:59:42 pm »
Is today the day we see  a Joel mazy run end in a goal for us
No.  ;)
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2022, 08:01:29 pm »
What was that free kick for?

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2022, 08:01:32 pm »
12 Diaz skins the full back, good cut back, but no one meets it.
once our poachers realise how often he's going to be putting it in that area we're going to score a hatful

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2022, 08:02:40 pm »

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2022, 08:04:36 pm »
What was that free kick for?
Nowt - Robbo kicked, perp fell over and gets the FK

Go figure

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2022, 08:05:20 pm »
19 TAA sprays it 50 yards out wide to Jones, Eventually he works it back to TAA who cuts in and shoots left footed. Schemeichel turns it over for a corner. The corner is cleared
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2022, 08:08:03 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2022, 08:09:28 pm »
23 A corner to Leicester Alisson punches it away.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2022, 08:10:25 pm »
Did Madisson just kick the ball away there?

Time wasting already

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2022, 08:11:03 pm »
25 We are getting a bit careless at the moment, first Jones and now Matip misjudge the ball for a throw in for Leicester.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2022, 08:12:43 pm »
26 A nice teasing cross into the box from Trent, which Robbo throws himself at the ball and clashes into the goal. He is down. It was as he landed, he is up though just being checked over.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2022, 08:14:47 pm »
28 A lot of interchanging between everyone at the moment, but it's not quite happening yet. Leicester have a lot of players back, but it will come.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 08:15:17 pm »
Gone a bit flat…
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 08:16:18 pm »
30 We try a ball over the Leicester defence, but it's a little bit too long and goes out on the full.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2022, 08:17:21 pm »
How is Ndidi not booked for that?
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2022, 08:17:43 pm »
31 That was a great bit of play there from Jota, who almost wins it back but is then fouled. We get a free kick about 30 yards from the goal on the right side.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2022, 08:19:08 pm »
32 Trent tried a little dink of a ball probably aiming for Van Dijk but he doesn't get there, they clear then Bobby gets a header which is blocked and goes over the net. A corner.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Leicester Jota 34’
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2022, 08:19:50 pm »
Yes!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2022, 08:19:59 pm »
33 Ball put in by Trent, Van Dijk, then Jota pounces and it's 1-0 another poachers goal.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2022, 08:20:38 pm »
34 How many goals have Leicester conceded from set-pieces now?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2022, 08:22:06 pm »
36 That was a super ball which is put down the left and Diaz streaks after it, the left side is looking really exciting and quick.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2022, 08:23:50 pm »
38 A corner to Leicester after Fab is forced to put the ball out after Bobby overcooks a pass. We clear and break.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2022, 08:23:53 pm »
The right ball there and Diaz was free on the break
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2022, 08:26:21 pm »
40 We are attempting to take the pace out of the game at the moment. Then we turn the screw really quickly and break but Bobby can't quite find the finishing touch.