Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2091704 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12440 on: January 28, 2020, 02:56:40 pm »
You need to try to get to 14 or 15, sure it will go up next season.
Not sure, fan update should've knocked a good few off

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12441 on: January 28, 2020, 02:57:47 pm »
Appears to be a fairer way for everyone to get a chance of a ticket (not everyone works at a computer all day, so can't f5 all day). It would make it harder for people to work up to 13 or whatever the future threshold will be though due to the randomness of a ballot.
It would but I think people forget theres loads of people who are happy to only go to 1-2 games a year, not everyone who wants to go is trying to get to 13. Ballot should allow for those who only want a couple games

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12442 on: January 28, 2020, 02:57:57 pm »
Absolutely no chance it goes past 13 next season.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
If they are thinking of introducing a ballot system they might raise it so more tickets are available for it??

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12443 on: January 28, 2020, 02:58:15 pm »
Depends if people are willing to pay their £27 or whatever to enter the ballot, one issue is that people will end up applying for every game in the hope of getting to 13+
I wonder if they will think of a way around this.  What happens for a member who can't afford all games but doesn't mind which they go to?  Would you be able to apply for all but put an order of preference or total amount?

Anything has to be better than "Over an Hour" though so it's good that they are looking at it.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #12444 on: January 28, 2020, 02:58:48 pm »
It would but I think people forget theres loads of people who are happy to only go to 1-2 games a year, not everyone who wants to go is trying to get to 13. Ballot should allow for those who only want a couple games
I agree, that's why I think it's a fairer system.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12445 on: January 28, 2020, 02:59:07 pm »
Is it just to replace the bulks?  So additional sales and the F5 club would remain the same?

It would mean me getting 4 mornings of my life back every year, for probably the same result (fuck all) so works for me.

No idea how they would handle multiple tickets, 2 together or 2 singles etc.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #12446 on: January 28, 2020, 03:00:02 pm »
Would rather take my own chances than have a ballot to be honest. How would they allocate what stand/seats you got from it? Feels like going back to the days of a random postal application!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12447 on: January 28, 2020, 03:00:05 pm »
I wonder if they will think of a way around this.  What happens for a member who can't afford all games but doesn't mind which they go to?  Would you be able to apply for all but put an order of preference or total amount?

Anything has to be better than "Over an Hour" though so it's good that they are looking at it.
I am assuming it will be just pick your fixtures, this where I can see people applying for every game just for the sake of it

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #12448 on: January 28, 2020, 03:00:29 pm »

I assume that if you applied for every game to maximise your chances but then couldn't make it, you would then just not take up the option to buy and then it goes to somebody on the waiting list, like what happened for the finals?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12449 on: January 28, 2020, 03:00:34 pm »
Is it just to replace the bulks?  So additional sales and the F5 club would remain the same?

It would mean me getting 4 mornings of my life back every year, for probably the same result (fuck all) so works for me.

No idea how they would handle multiple tickets, 2 together or 2 singles etc.
Yeah just mentions the bulk sales

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12450 on: January 28, 2020, 03:01:40 pm »
It depends how they allocate the ballot. Will they do it so if your application wins you get every game you applied for. Or will it be every game has an individual ballot. 

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12451 on: January 28, 2020, 03:07:31 pm »
You need to try to get to 14 or 15, sure it will go up next season.

Yeah, aiming for 17, although seriously doubt my chances of Chelsea. 16 should be ok.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12452 on: January 28, 2020, 03:09:46 pm »
Just got this via email.

How come everybody hasn't got this

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12453 on: January 28, 2020, 03:11:34 pm »

Yeah, I've not seen it and I definitely want to have my say on it!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12454 on: January 28, 2020, 03:12:04 pm »
Been any Southampton drops yet today?

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #12455 on: January 28, 2020, 03:13:56 pm »
Think it will have come via "Your Voice" that the club send out? Think it is only sent to random selected members, not everyone.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12456 on: January 28, 2020, 03:13:58 pm »
Maybe only sending to a select few, haven't got it myself either

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12457 on: January 28, 2020, 03:14:13 pm »
I've only just had the e-mail (after not having it when I first saw the post in here) so I presume it is slowly working its way round to everyone.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12458 on: January 28, 2020, 03:14:48 pm »
Think it will have come via "Your Voice" that the club send out? Think it is only sent to random selected members, not everyone.
Makes sense I guess, club probably don't have resources to read thousands of responses, some probably very detailed

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12459 on: January 28, 2020, 03:16:08 pm »

So random members get a mail, that could help decide the fate of 1000's that seems fair NOT

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12460 on: January 28, 2020, 03:21:10 pm »
So random members get a mail, that could help decide the fate of 1000's that seems fair NOT
I'd say the majority of people will be on board with this, because the majority of people don't get sorted normally

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12461 on: January 28, 2020, 03:21:40 pm »
So will I only get 16/17 games now?

Will I have to ballot for the other two?

Why not set aside so many tickets each game for a ballot and you get a ticket to one home game a season.

This wont suit everyone...but then there is no answer that will.

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #12462 on: January 28, 2020, 03:22:12 pm »
Given that it is effectively random now as to whether you are one of the people lucky enough to get on before these tickets sell out, then using a ballot to replace the free-for-all sales is probably not a bad move on balance.

Offline REDMEN98

• Main Stander
« Reply #12463 on: January 28, 2020, 03:22:39 pm »
Been any Southampton drops yet today?

No

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #12464 on: January 28, 2020, 03:23:11 pm »

Why not set aside so many tickets each game for a ballot and you get a ticket to one home game a season.

That's a good point

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12465 on: January 28, 2020, 03:23:23 pm »
Just thinking more about this, it's going to mean more people applying for tickets.  The sheer pain in the arse of the process as it is acts as a deterrent for some people.  I definitely know a couple of people that will probably buy a membership and have a punt if it doesn't mean getting up at daft o'clock and firing up 20 browsers.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12466 on: January 28, 2020, 03:24:06 pm »

Well you are only guaranteed 16/17 already, the last couple will just be sold differently

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12467 on: January 28, 2020, 03:25:23 pm »

I get those Your Voice things asking my opinion on all manner of shite, so sod's law the important one I won't get! ;D

Given that it is effectively random now as to whether you are one of the people lucky enough to get on before these tickets sell out, then using a ballot to replace the free-for-all sales is probably not a bad move on balance.

I'd still rather have my fate in my own hands I think. I'd prefer a pre-login before a ballot.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:27:22 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12468 on: January 28, 2020, 03:26:47 pm »
Just thinking more about this, it's going to mean more people applying for tickets.  The sheer pain in the arse of the process as it is acts as a deterrent for some people.  I definitely know a couple of people that will probably buy a membership and have a punt if it doesn't mean getting up at daft o'clock and firing up 20 browsers.

Exactly, I imagine more daytrippers would be thinking they may as well have a go at them all in the hope of getting something. If you actually have to put the effort in to get your tickets there's loads that can't be arsed and just say it's impossible to get tickets.

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
« Reply #12469 on: January 28, 2020, 03:28:12 pm »
I think it's a bad idea and have said as such in the survey

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12470 on: January 28, 2020, 03:28:19 pm »
Exactly, I imagine more daytrippers would be thinking they may as well have a go at them all in the hope of getting something. If you actually have to put the effort in to get your tickets there's loads that can't be arsed and just say it's impossible to get tickets.
Think this why there should be a certain number set aside for unique members

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
« Reply #12471 on: January 28, 2020, 03:28:32 pm »
I get those  Your Voice things asking my opinion on all manner of shite, so sod's law the important one I won't get! ;D

I'd still rather have my fate in my own hands I think. I'd prefer a pre-login before a ballot.

I'm in the 13+ club and I missed out on Villa (unsurprisingly, Sheffield United wasn't hard to get). I know that a ballot probably will make it even less likely that I'll get all 19 in future, but I am not sure what a 'perfect' solution looks like.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12472 on: January 28, 2020, 03:30:36 pm »
Maybe only sending to a select few, haven't got it myself either

Looks like it's just 13+ people who have it

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12473 on: January 28, 2020, 03:31:46 pm »

I haven't.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12474 on: January 28, 2020, 03:32:01 pm »
I guess it makes sense considering those who don't get tickets will most likely complain about it

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #12475 on: January 28, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »
There's a ballot for Wales euro 2020 tickets and you put all the games you want and if successful you must buy them all, can't just pick and choose and if you don't buy all the ones you applied for, you don't get any.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12476 on: January 28, 2020, 03:33:26 pm »
Well you are only guaranteed 16/17 already, the last couple will just be sold differently

It would piss me off no end that.

Fail in the ballot for a game I know I would have defo got in the late sale/F5 game.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12477 on: January 28, 2020, 03:34:02 pm »
I've had the e-mail and I'm not 13 plus

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #12478 on: January 28, 2020, 03:35:09 pm »
The greedy gits should just put a cap on memberships !
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12479 on: January 28, 2020, 03:35:10 pm »
I guess it makes sense considering those who don't get tickets will most likely complain about it

But it doesn't apply to the 13+ people as they're guaranteed anyway

Looks like I was wrong anyway and its just random