Author Topic: RAWK Round Table LFC 4-0 EFC  (Read 16712 times)

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Round Table LFC 4-0 EFC
« Reply #80 on: February 1, 2014, 03:55:59 pm »

your right that was exactly where I was coming from and your also right about whether its relevant anymore - I am looking for perfection I guess - the attacking verve and the defensive solidity

Mate, I think you`ve missed an important point in your opening post in this thread and that would be to consider the drama/story of the game and the massive difference in quality when comparing those two line ups.

We were dominating until the first goal and the way Everton reacting to this couldn't be more off with giving up on their game plan and being open in a way which could only be either them losing their heads or totally underestimating the quality of our attacking players. They pushed us back with totally giving up their defending and not because of showing more quality.

But even if they hadn't given up their organisation we would have won this game simply because we had so much more quality in our first eleven. Comparing Lukaku to Sturridge, Meiralas to Suarez, an aging Barry to an aging Gerrard? Really? Meiralas couldn't get past Cissokho once, as far as I can remember, which says pretty much all of how they pushed above their limits so far this season and us still improving with every month simply because a lot of players still improving with every week.

What I am trying to say is that they were only looking good or being able to dominate with playing without any realistic game plan and the outcome was pretty predictable. Arsenal will be the next big test, our games against mid-and low table teams will be more of a test of our character and attitude rather than on our quality.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2014, 03:57:38 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10