Author Topic: Television buying  (Read 370575 times)

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Television buying
« Reply #4880 on: August 22, 2018, 08:39:30 am »
Worth noting the Panasonic doesn't have Dolby Vision which is by far the best viewing mode on my B6 and it's greatly improved on the newer models.  It's also worth paying a couple of hundred £ to get the set professionally calibrated, takes a good chunk of a day to do but well worth it for the end result imo.

On any banding issue, you'd probably not notice it, the guys on AV forums actively look for it using all manner of greyscale slides.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:56:06 am by DHKopper »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4881 on: August 22, 2018, 08:45:52 am »
I'm considering upgrading my ten year old LG telly and am in shock and awe at the options discussed in this thread.

It only seems like yesterday I was continually fiddling with an aerial to attempt to get Channel 4.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4882 on: August 22, 2018, 08:58:37 am »
Drop it whilst carrying it down the stairs.

With his appliance moving experience? No one would believe it was an accident.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4883 on: August 22, 2018, 09:34:16 am »
Worth noting the Panasonic doesn't have Dolby Vision which is by far the best viewing mode on my B6 and it's greatly improved on the newer models.  It's also worth paying a couple of hundred £ to get the set professionally calibrated, takes a good chunk of a day to do but well worth it for the end result imo.

On any banding issue, you'd probably not notice it, the guys on AV forums actively look for it using all manner of greyscale slides.

What made me worry about the banding was people saying it's bad while playing games, as it's the combination of the movement and the darker scenes. I've seen people say it can improve with calibration and 100+ hrs of use.

I think I'm leaning towards the C8. I've not looked into Dolby Vision.

Glad I've got til November. Be my fucking luck that the telly I want won't go on sale!

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #4884 on: August 22, 2018, 10:29:00 am »
My old Pioneer Kuro 5090 is still going strong but I have to admit I am starting to get tempted by a new OLED, probably more for HDR than 4K.

Will probably hold on a while yet although summer shows up one of the biggest problems with the old plasmas, they certainly do pump out the hear, certainly not the most energy efficient sets ever made!

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4885 on: August 22, 2018, 12:45:00 pm »
What made me worry about the banding was people saying it's bad while playing games, as it's the combination of the movement and the darker scenes. I've seen people say it can improve with calibration and 100+ hrs of use.

I think I'm leaning towards the C8. I've not looked into Dolby Vision.

Glad I've got til November. Be my fucking luck that the telly I want won't go on sale!

Dolby Vision is unreal, you'll love it.

I wouldn't worry too much if the C8 doesn't go on sale in November, it'll only get cheaper from now until the next years models are released.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4886 on: August 23, 2018, 10:21:12 am »
Just had a look about and last year the B7 on Black Friday dropped to £1499, says with a £300 off from AO (Currys/JL saying £1k+!) and is now £1300 in Richer Sounds.

C8 is currently £1999. Hoping for a decent deal but about £300 off is better than a kick up the arse.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4887 on: August 23, 2018, 04:57:33 pm »
Just had a look about and last year the B7 on Black Friday dropped to £1499, says with a £300 off from AO (Currys/JL saying £1k+!) and is now £1300 in Richer Sounds.

C8 is currently £1999. Hoping for a decent deal but about £300 off is better than a kick up the arse.

I have the LG 55 OLED C7 (same as the B7 but different colour I think)- its been absolutely fantastic so far but not played any games on it to notice banding. Watching UHD content is absolutely brilliant- really been enjoying the sport (World Cup via Iplayer and footy, cricket and F1 on Sky Q UHD). It is a massive improvement over 'normal' HD plus you get additional supported features like HDR, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

I think I paid £1400 in June for it but was really lucky to get the money back on the Currys World Cup deal!

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4888 on: August 23, 2018, 06:51:11 pm »

I think I paid £1400 in June for it but was really lucky to get the money back on the Currys World Cup deal!

you got picked out of the lottery or whatever it was to get the purchase price back?

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #4889 on: August 23, 2018, 09:22:17 pm »
Not strictly TV but I am after a budget all in one surround sound system (I have Bose sound link 10 for music and for my record player but looking for something strictly the TV/Playstation/Blu-Ray- Can't afford the Bose sound bar and I've been told you cant link the sound touch 10 anyway due to sound latency issues)

Is this any good for the price range? Reviews seem decent on Amazon. I am only in a flat so don't need anything thats mega-loud I just think surround sound would be nice while watching films and my soundbar seems to be on the way out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MY4PU6/?coliid=I2F4P99HU9XFTW&colid=E2TXHEJRBYLT&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4890 on: August 23, 2018, 10:34:41 pm »
Not strictly TV but I am after a budget all in one surround sound system (I have Bose sound link 10 for music and for my record player but looking for something strictly the TV/Playstation/Blu-Ray- Can't afford the Bose sound bar and I've been told you cant link the sound touch 10 anyway due to sound latency issues)

Is this any good for the price range? Reviews seem decent on Amazon. I am only in a flat so don't need anything thats mega-loud I just think surround sound would be nice while watching films and my soundbar seems to be on the way out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MY4PU6/?coliid=I2F4P99HU9XFTW&colid=E2TXHEJRBYLT&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/yamaha-yht1840.html

Grab this for a few £ more.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4891 on: August 24, 2018, 10:27:45 am »
Drop it whilst carrying it down the stairs.

It's already downstairs  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4892 on: August 24, 2018, 01:24:31 pm »
you got picked out of the lottery or whatever it was to get the purchase price back?

Yeah 1 in 20 chance apparently- got a cheque last week for the value I paid. I thought all those types of deals were usually blag ones.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4893 on: August 24, 2018, 02:11:44 pm »
I recently got a full refund on the Samsung KS7000 I purchased 2 years ago.  Reason being the lack of promised SmartThings functionality, but also lack of support for BBC UHD.

I've now got the LG B7 55inch which Richer Sounds had on a flash sale at £1170.  Very chuffed with the TV but I defo need to invest a bit more time in the settings.  I've always thought professional calibration sounds a bit extortionate but I'm actually considering it now.

The blacks and colour vibrancy really are on a different level to the LEDs I've had in the past.  LG have done a cracking job with WebOS as well.  I was tempted by an Android TV but can't really fault the LG interface.

Offline the oxonian

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4894 on: August 24, 2018, 05:02:38 pm »
Yeah 1 in 20 chance apparently- got a cheque last week for the value I paid. I thought all those types of deals were usually blag ones.

lucky sod :) i bought mine a week'ish before the offer was started

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4895 on: August 24, 2018, 06:26:47 pm »
Cheers mate, think I'm just being paranoid, or maybe I should look at the panasonics again. We've got a panasonic now and been really happy with it.

John Lewis are doing interest free on panasonics over £2k, if anyone here is interested in an upgrade... Barney? ;D

Fuck that  :D I think I paid £600 for this one.
If it somehow broke down does anyone know if they give what you paid as a voucher for replacement, or just give what the value is now? If so I reckon I'd be lucky to get £150 for it.
If they gave the purchase price I'd stick a few hundred to it and get one for around a grand.
Now, who has a big clumsy dog I could borrow to accidently knock it over?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4896 on: August 24, 2018, 06:30:22 pm »
I have no idea but it might cost you in the long run on house insurance?

Besides, you've got a child who I'm sure has a football!

We've decided on the LG C8, been in John Lewis for a proper look, doubt we'll be waiting til Black Friday now either ::) ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4897 on: August 24, 2018, 07:07:25 pm »
Fuck that  :D I think I paid £600 for this one.
If it somehow broke down does anyone know if they give what you paid as a voucher for replacement, or just give what the value is now? If so I reckon I'd be lucky to get £150 for it.
If they gave the purchase price I'd stick a few hundred to it and get one for around a grand.
Now, who has a big clumsy dog I could borrow to accidently knock it over?

They pay for a replacement,depends who your insurance is with but mine choose the TV & sent it the following week.I "accidentally" dropped my last lap top down the stairs and for that they sent vouchers,you don't get to tell them how much it is worth though,so you cannot inflate the price.

Our cat knocked a flat screen over just two days after we got it (true story),I hadn't had time to bolt it,they came out to view it and then sent a replacement.They left the broken one with me & it turned out that I just had to replace a circuit board that I got for £35 off ebay,insurance didn't even mention getting it fixed.

Insurance cost only went up £5 the following year.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:09:35 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4898 on: August 24, 2018, 08:19:25 pm »
It's Currys 'Whatever Happens' insurance

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4899 on: August 24, 2018, 08:29:06 pm »
It's Currys 'Whatever Happens' insurance

Quick google says that their priority is to fix,if fixing isn't viable then they'll replace it with a model that's nearest in terms of specs & original price.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4900 on: August 24, 2018, 08:46:07 pm »
Cheers. Be interesting to see of it did fall over this weekend

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4901 on: August 24, 2018, 08:52:25 pm »
I recently got a full refund on the Samsung KS7000 I purchased 2 years ago.  Reason being the lack of promised SmartThings functionality, but also lack of support for BBC UHD.

I've now got the LG B7 55inch which Richer Sounds had on a flash sale at £1170.  Very chuffed with the TV but I defo need to invest a bit more time in the settings.  I've always thought professional calibration sounds a bit extortionate but I'm actually considering it now.

The blacks and colour vibrancy really are on a different level to the LEDs I've had in the past.  LG have done a cracking job with WebOS as well.  I was tempted by an Android TV but can't really fault the LG interface.

It's well worth it mate.  Jules -  http://www.displaycalibration.co.uk/calibration-process/our-calibrator/ did my B6.  It took him about 7 hours as he's a bit of a perfectionist and won't leave until every mode is exactly how it should be.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4902 on: August 24, 2018, 08:54:37 pm »

We've decided on the LG C8, been in John Lewis for a proper look, doubt we'll be waiting til Black Friday now either ::) ;D

"I want it now. I want it right now!!!"  ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4903 on: August 28, 2018, 01:07:14 pm »
What are peoples opinion of the TCL TV's?

Comes with a popular reputation in America for good quality 4k panels on the cheap.

£429 for a 55 inch HDR 10

All the usual UK based mod cons like Freeview, iPlayer, ITV etc. But it's been said that the interface is pretty slow. America gets a Roku interface which gets glowing reviews

I know in the 4K world you get what you pay for but don't have the cash for £800+
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:19:42 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4904 on: August 28, 2018, 02:09:01 pm »

Comes with a popular reputation in America for good quality 4k panels on the cheap.

All the usual UK based mod cons like Freeview, iPlayer, ITV etc. But it's been said that the interface is pretty slow. America gets a Roku interface which gets glowing reviews

I know in the 4K world you get what you pay for but don't have the cash for £800+

You had a look at the hi sense models? Bit more expensive but got really good reviews from the likes of AV Forums (if you're scared of clowns, brace yourself!)

https://www.avforums.com/review/hisense-h55n6800-4k-led-tv-review.13870

I think they sell that model in richer sounds but I'm not 100%, I did, however see it for reals in costco.

(warning given as I am a shitbag who's scared of clowns and when doing my research into all manner of tellies that page nearly gave me a heart attack)

edit:

https://www.avforums.com/review/hisense-u7a-h55u7auk-review.14557 this is this yrs model, and says SRP £579.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:11:45 pm by Claire. »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4905 on: August 28, 2018, 02:22:56 pm »

Have a look at the 55" Medion from aldis,comes with a 3yr guarantee & wifi for £399
https://www.aldi.co.uk/medion-55%22-4k-smart-tv-with-hdr/p/084544211068400

Also some decent tv's at around £400-£430 on hotdeals,there are a couple of hisense for under £400 with a 6yr guarantee.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=4k+smart+tv
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:46:51 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4906 on: August 28, 2018, 02:25:09 pm »
https://www.johnlewis.com/hisense-55u7a-uled-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-55-inch-with-freeview-play-ultra-hd-certified-black-silver/p3518053

£599, not bad like but it's always best to go and look at them in real life!

and the H55N6800 seems to be quite hard to get hold of! https://electrical.coop.co.uk/tv-audio/tvs/led-tvs/hisense-h55n6800-grey-55inch-uled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-his-led-h55n6800-gr/ £529

Can't remember what price it was in costco, not on their website either.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4907 on: August 28, 2018, 11:28:50 pm »
https://www.johnlewis.com/hisense-55u7a-uled-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-55-inch-with-freeview-play-ultra-hd-certified-black-silver/p3518053

£599, not bad like but it's always best to go and look at them in real life!

and the H55N6800 seems to be quite hard to get hold of! https://electrical.coop.co.uk/tv-audio/tvs/led-tvs/hisense-h55n6800-grey-55inch-uled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-his-led-h55n6800-gr/ £529

Can't remember what price it was in costco, not on their website either.
Seems a bargain that Claire. Quick tip, have a look at the base legs on the second one, it may not be suitable to whatever it will stand on. The centre stand on the first is ideal and more flexible to position.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4908 on: August 29, 2018, 10:48:42 am »
Yeah they're not badly priced considering the reviews, we're after the LG C8 though and it'll be wall mounted - I'm having nothing to do with any of that putting it up nonsense though! ;D

Our telly now is on some wire contraption that is very low profile, it's a panasonic. The fella in richer sounds says that the thing we've got up now won't work with the new telly but I was looking at other low profile ones and apparently these are compatible - https://www.bracketfinder.co.uk/wall-mounts/tv-wall-mounts/unimax-zml8500.html

Looking at the back of the LG, the holes are quite far down, I guess it's sort of like a picture being hung up but it seems weird with the fixings being low. I know they make the bottom heavier for when it's sat on a cabinet but worried about the wall mount.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4909 on: September 3, 2018, 08:22:59 am »
Telly is going to be with us this week ;D in time for newww spider-man on PS4 8) 8)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4910 on: September 7, 2018, 10:17:30 am »
Ended up going with the Samsung UE55NU7400 from John Lewis. They price matched Crampton & Moore's £619 and added their usual 5 year guarantee. Had my eye on a couple of LG's from Costco but their IPS panels got poor reviews.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #4911 on: September 18, 2018, 07:13:15 am »
Hi guys! Finally looking to upgrade our 7 old Toshiba TV. Ideally I’d like to spend up to £1000. The Hisense and Samsung models mentioned recently here look great in the £600-700 range though.

Is it worth waiting for Black Friday? Haven’t ever looked so not sure if the deals are really worth waiting for.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4912 on: September 18, 2018, 08:55:54 am »
There's decent deals on 4K LED screens knocking about, costco were doing an LG 43" for like £300 the other week.

Black Friday can get you a deal but depends on if you'll make a snap decision, I spent a couple of weeks looking at them and made up with our new one.

Edit: Costco still doing them: https://www.costco.co.uk/Electronics-Security/Televisions-Projectors/LG-43-4K-Ultra-HD-HDR-Smart-TV/p/275177

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4913 on: September 18, 2018, 09:03:38 am »
Hi guys! Finally looking to upgrade our 7 old Toshiba TV. Ideally I’d like to spend up to £1000. The Hisense and Samsung models mentioned recently here look great in the £600-700 range though.

Is it worth waiting for Black Friday? Haven’t ever looked so not sure if the deals are really worth waiting for.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

I really struggled deciphering everything around getting mine. Very easy to get bogged down in the details. HDR (10bit vs 8bit FRC), LED (LED vs OLED vs IPS), Edge lit vs Full-Array etc

I think setting your budget is a massive step as it sets you up for what range you're after. Your next step is screen size. If you are looking at the smaller 4k TV (43 inch) then £1000 would get you a very decent higher end Sony, LG, Hisense or Samsung. But if you're looking at bigger TV's then you have to make sacrifices in terms of features and screen quality.

Then have a think about what you want plugged into it. If it's going to be a causal Living room TV where you're just watching Corrie and some catch up TV then you might as well aim to the lower end of the range. But if you're going to be watching SKY Sports and playing Call of Duty on a PS4/XBox One (PS4 Pro/XBox One X especially) then how the TV handles high moving content becomes important.

After that it can all get very techy.

At a very basic level.

HDR - 10Bit > 8bit FRC (but you'll never notice and true 10bit is leaning more towards the >£1000 range)
Picture quality OLED>LED>IPS (Deeper blacks with OLED but better viewing angles with IPS). OLED will eventually suffer from Screen Burn in like on Mobile phones but as long as you keep changing what is on the screen then iyts not really an issue.
Sound - Universally rubbish on all flat screen TV's. You'll probably need to invest in some kind of sound bar.
Features - most TV's now have Catch up (Iplayer, ITV, C4, C5) and some form of Netflix/Amazon Prime as standard. But the software can be very slow on the cheaper TV's. LG and Samsung have very good software.

Personally I would focus on the software and screen type as priority then start shopping around. Hotukdeals is a pretty good place to find a good deal

https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=4k+tv

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4914 on: September 18, 2018, 10:36:44 am »
This is from the Hot deals link Gazza posted,it is a lot of telly for the money & John Lewis will price match so you can get their 5yr guarantee.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D7Y9QQ8?tag=22

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue50nu7400-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-50-with-tvplus-freesat-hd-dynamic-crystal-colour-360-design-ultra-hd-certified-black/p3555578

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4915 on: September 18, 2018, 10:42:13 am »
There's decent deals on 4K LED screens knocking about, costco were doing an LG 43" for like £300 the other week.

Black Friday can get you a deal but depends on if you'll make a snap decision, I spent a couple of weeks looking at them and made up with our new one.

Edit: Costco still doing them: https://www.costco.co.uk/Electronics-Security/Televisions-Projectors/LG-43-4K-Ultra-HD-HDR-Smart-TV/p/275177

I think I would get this one and spend a chunk on a sound bar,you would still have lots of change from a grand,you could maybe get an Xbox X which would also cover you for blu ray.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #4916 on: September 18, 2018, 01:48:56 pm »
Thanks for the responses. All very helpful.

It's only for watching TV in the living room really including sports.

This is from the Hot deals link Gazza posted,it is a lot of telly for the money & John Lewis will price match so you can get their 5yr guarantee.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D7Y9QQ8?tag=22

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue50nu7400-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-50-with-tvplus-freesat-hd-dynamic-crystal-colour-360-design-ultra-hd-certified-black/p3555578

This looks decent as does the Costco one.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4917 on: September 19, 2018, 10:43:51 am »
Go into a shop if you can and have a look at them, John Lewis have most of the one's mentioned here in store and they'll price match so you can get their guarantee.

Richer Sounds do a 6 yr guarantee but not sure on price matching.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #4918 on: October 8, 2018, 12:21:20 am »
Telly is going to be with us this week ;D in time for newww spider-man on PS4 8) 8)

I meant to ask, Claire, what are your impressions of the set, after a few weeks of usage.

I think I will be going for one of the 65" LG series 8 sets myself, hopefully some good reductions on Black Friday to get some of them down a bit closer to what the 65B7 is currently still available for

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4919 on: October 8, 2018, 08:57:20 am »
Been really impressed with it, looks stunning when it's got a 4K source - spider-man! ;D Netflix looks amazing with dolby vision. Viewing angles are much wider and the colours are lovely.

It's just the content to be honest, Sky have the most UHD stuff but it's all tied up in contracts until next year apparently. Hopefully they'll get over themselves and SHARE ;D Start dropping the SD then replacing the HD channels with UHD. The telly does a good job of upscaling, but when you go from HD -> 4K on the footy you can really see a difference, it's like it goes into proper focus.