Author Topic: Soccer Manager: The Sleeping Giants 20: T'lockdown  (Read 211137 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Re: Soccer Manager: The Sleeping Giants Season 9
« Reply #3280 on: July 29, 2018, 09:40:37 pm »
Great start to the new season. I think wins are going to be hard to come by this year for me. Staying up would be a huge achievement, I’m assuming I’ll be bouncing up and down for a few years.

Can’t see any path to winning Division 1. The best would be winning a trophy whilst staying in Division 1.
Right now though I need a minimal squad so I can afford top quality players wages.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Soccer Manager: The Sleeping Giants Season 9
« Reply #3281 on: July 29, 2018, 11:52:38 pm »
Great start to the new season. I think wins are going to be hard to come by this year for me. Staying up would be a huge achievement, I’m assuming I’ll be bouncing up and down for a few years.

Can’t see any path to winning Division 1. The best would be winning a trophy whilst staying in Division 1.
Right now though I need a minimal squad so I can afford top quality players wages.

Congrats! Points at an absolute premium in Div 1.

Made up drawing with Deportivo, let a two goal lead slip but a point against the Nearinvincibles could end up being oh so valuable!

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Soccer Manager: The Sleeping Giants Season 10
« Reply #3282 on: July 30, 2018, 04:46:03 pm »
Off to a flyer .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3283 on: August 9, 2018, 08:58:24 pm »
Another win! 4-0 vs the champions. Think it was against a reserve team but I’ll take it. Got 7 of the 20 point I’m aiming for already. 20 points should secure my safety I think.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3284 on: August 9, 2018, 09:10:20 pm »
Another win! 4-0 vs the champions. Think it was against a reserve team but I’ll take it. Got 7 of the 20 point I’m aiming for already. 20 points should secure my safety I think.

Forgot to change my team.

Losing interest in all worlds right now if I'm honest. Might just pack it all in soon as I planned way back.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3285 on: August 9, 2018, 10:44:20 pm »
Havent been able to log in ( again ) all day. I mean. Its logs in but when I press to open my account it buffers.

Erm... help !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3286 on: August 10, 2018, 07:41:02 pm »
kinda forgotten about this GW as i focus on my new challenge in LM's GW

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3287 on: August 10, 2018, 10:51:08 pm »
I don't really like this GW for some reason. I think I like the 38 game ones more. I reckon another quit maybe coming soon.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #3288 on: August 15, 2018, 06:49:28 pm »
Can I be accepted as the Depor manager please ?

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3289 on: August 15, 2018, 09:29:05 pm »
Sorry for the sudden abrupt departure from Depor last night. I am leaving all worlds over the next few weeks, as I intended to do when Lawnmo departed. Decided to stick it out a bit longer with the new Barca challenge and my love for this world especially, but I need a break now for my own good. I spend far too much time obsessing about this game and sitting in my bedroom pretending I'm Klopp! I've left Depor first as I saw Neil was thinking of leaving Kaiserslautern, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to keep another good manager in the world. Thanks to Card Cheat for creating the best gameworld I've ever been in. Before leaving, I took a look through the history of the club and earmarked some of my favourite players -

Best signing:

Chiellini - Bought in the draft for 18.5m, current value 14m. Almost 10 seasons of this rock playing for us, missing just 4 games in the league in that time, ever dependable with an average rating rarely dropping below 7.0.

Biggest bargain:

Barzagli - Bought in the draft for 2.7m, current value 1.1m. Another 10 season man and another stalwart of the club's success. After losing his place in central defence, his added RB position has given him a new lease of life for the club. Defying the odds at 37, he remains a key squad member.

Brightest star:

Trent - My final signing in the draft for a mere 2m, current value 14m. The sky's the limit for this kid. I've resisted some almighty bids for him in the past and I have no regrets. I've loved watching him grow into a key player for Liverpool.

Best under 21 buy:

Pavard - Picked up last November under the radar for 400k + Whodama Diakhaby. Now a World Cup winner, Bayern's answer to Boateng's failing legs, and a star in the making.

Current favourite player:

Modric - In just 2 and a bit seasons here, he transformed a faltering Depor. Absolute monster at CM and deserves to hit 96 after the World Cup, but SM are too retarded to rise older players.

Trophy cabinet:

4 x Leagues titles, 3 x runners up medals, 3 x Charity Shields, the only team in the gameworld to never be relegated (gulp).

+

Last season's "Invincibles" tag with a run of 24 games unbeaten between April 15th and August 2nd 2018.

:wave
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:41:42 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3290 on: August 15, 2018, 10:12:30 pm »
You did a great job with Deportivo creating one of the two (the other being Dresden) most prestigious clubs in the gameworld. Will be great to see a long time manager like Neil continue your legacy there.

We had our fair share of quarrels in the game, but if this truly is the end for you I wish you all the best. You'll be missed both as a manager and a person. I've enjoyed competing against your teams.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3291 on: August 16, 2018, 06:21:40 pm »
Whats going on with everyone in this GW?

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
  • Thou shall not wear socks with FlipFlops.
« Reply #3292 on: August 19, 2018, 11:31:23 pm »
The sleeping Giants is fast becoming my favourite GW.. This is the only GW I've ever played in that has frequent trading between managed clubs, I've been playing this game for 8 years, and honestly, I've never played in game world like this one before! The 35 player squad cap, very poor economy, 4 up 4 down system and how many competitive players are in it, make this world one to keep, the trading between managed clubs really is the icing on the cake for me..

So, the point I'd like to make is, I really hope that Betty, KK and all the other recent departures have a nice break from the game, before returning next season with a fresh new club, and help keep this game as infuriatingly competitive as it once was.     

Ps.. Sporting are beginning to surprise me this season, now for our annual mid season capitulation.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3293 on: August 20, 2018, 08:28:34 am »
The sleeping Giants is fast becoming my favourite GW.. This is the only GW I've ever played in that has frequent trading between managed clubs, I've been playing this game for 8 years, and honestly, I've never played in game world like this one before! The 35 player squad cap, very poor economy, 4 up 4 down system and how many competitive players are in it, make this world one to keep, the trading between managed clubs really is the icing on the cake for me..

So, the point I'd like to make is, I really hope that Betty, KK and all the other recent departures have a nice break from the game, before returning next season with a fresh new club, and help keep this game as infuriatingly competitive as it once was.     

Ps.. Sporting are beginning to surprise me this season, now for our annual mid season capitulation.

Big, big win for Sporting last night! Would've been quite happy with a draw to keep Dresden's lead at the top to 4 points, but Fernandinho had other ideas with that late goal. Ronaldo's been ruled out of our next two games with injury as well so things could be about to get really interesting! Fingers crossed that our rhyming wingers Mane and Sane step up in his absence.

Completely agree with you about this world as well, it's great. The short seasons make it that much more unpredictable as well. Dresden going from four titles in a row to almost getting relegated last season, then back to challenging this time around! Hope to see some of the old gang back managing in this world again in the future.

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3294 on: August 20, 2018, 05:00:45 pm »
Big, big win for Sporting last night! Would've been quite happy with a draw to keep Dresden's lead at the top to 4 points, but Fernandinho had other ideas with that late goal. Ronaldo's been ruled out of our next two games with injury as well so things could be about to get really interesting! Fingers crossed that our rhyming wingers Mane and Sane step up in his absence.

Completely agree with you about this world as well, it's great. The short seasons make it that much more unpredictable as well. Dresden going from four titles in a row to almost getting relegated last season, then back to challenging this time around! Hope to see some of the old gang back managing in this world again in the future.

I love the fact that Just forgetting to change your team once after or before a cup game, could, and has, condemned top teams to scrapping it out in the lower divisions for the next season!

Yeah, was a massive and somewhat unexpected win for us last night, as you say, it's mixed things up a little. I'm just happy to still be in the hunt at this stage of the season! Sorry about Ronaldo though dude, that's a big blow losing him for what could be 3 games (match fitness)

Underneath Sporting's ageing armour, the future team is very slowly and painstakingly starting to take shape! With the additions of Alisson, Gomez, Ake, Robertson, Lozano, Martinez and co.. hopefully soon, Sporting will be able to stand the test of time in this game.

hahaha... Mane and Sane!! ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:21:05 pm by Chrismonster »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3295 on: August 20, 2018, 11:22:07 pm »
I don't really like this GW for some reason. I think I like the 38 game ones more. I reckon another quit maybe coming soon.

As predicted.

The season is too short for my liking.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3296 on: August 27, 2018, 08:48:12 am »
Dresden drop down to 2nd but I'll take that draw against Penarol all day long  :D Makes it 4 points from two games without Ronaldo, who should be back in time to face Sparta on Thursday. No doubt it helped that Penarol also had their main man (Kane) out injured.

Not much room for error left now though, with Sporting in the form they're in. We're set to play them on the final day of the season as well, could be an absolute cracker if the league title's still undecided!

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3297 on: August 27, 2018, 11:43:41 am »
Dresden drop down to 2nd but I'll take that draw against Penarol all day long  :D

I'll take that as a (surprising) compliment! This season hasn't gone as I planned back among the top dogs in Div 1. Shows me I have some work to do with my squad still to become a challenger up there.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3298 on: August 27, 2018, 12:33:36 pm »
I'll take that as a (surprising) compliment! This season hasn't gone as I planned back among the top dogs in Div 1. Shows me I have some work to do with my squad still to become a challenger up there.

Hasn't been a great season for you so far but Penarol definitely have one of the stronger squads in this GW. Wasn't looking forward to facing you without Ronaldo! Dresden could definitely do with one more high rated forward for situations where one of Mane-Ronaldo-Sane has to sit out. Over the longer term I reckon Gnabry could be the answer, great opportunity for him to establish himself at Bayern with Coman out injured for the foreseeable future and Robben/Ribery getting on a bit. His 89 rating isn't too useful just yet though!

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3299 on: August 30, 2018, 08:14:38 pm »
Deportivo ended my season both in the Cup and Division 1 within a week. Back in Division 2 next season. Hoping to be back stronger. Already making some changes to my team which I hope makes me better equipped to hang around in Division 1 the next time around without sacrificing my overall project.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3300 on: August 30, 2018, 08:58:22 pm »
Deportivo ended my season both in the Cup and Division 1 within a week. Back in Division 2 next season. Hoping to be back stronger. Already making some changes to my team which I hope makes me better equipped to hang around in Division 1 the next time around without sacrificing my overall project.

We're like a pair of yoyo' s Alex.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3301 on: August 30, 2018, 09:16:36 pm »
We're like a pair of yoyo' s Alex.

True that. Often one is going up, while the other one is on it's way down. Usually we meet in Division 2 or 3 every other season and go on our seperate ways again.

It's very hard to establish a team in Division 1 by now. Deportivo and Dresden are the big two, while Sporting and Dukla have build strong enough squads to consistently hang around. This season Dukla might lose their place to Sparta Rotterdam though, but Sporting is getting stronger and stronger.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:21:19 pm by Midget »

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3302 on: August 30, 2018, 09:48:46 pm »
True that. Often one is going up, while the other one is on it's way down. Usually we meet in Division 2 or 3 every other season and go on our seperate ways again.

It's very hard to establish a team in Division 1 by now. Deportivo and Dresden are the big two, while Sporting and Dukla have build strong enough squads to consistently hang around. This season Dukla might lose their place to Sparta Rotterdam though, but Sporting is getting stronger and stronger.

Could all hinge on Deportivo's next few games. Sparta ---- Cup Final ---- Dresden. Fitness nightmare I hope!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3303 on: August 30, 2018, 10:10:31 pm »
Dresden hitting a bit of a mid-season rut, got to shape up sharpish. Nice prezzie from Dukla today to keep us in touch  ;D

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #3304 on: August 30, 2018, 10:19:44 pm »

Sorry about that ! Getting the chance to manage Depor certainly has re- ignited my energy for SM.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3305 on: August 30, 2018, 10:42:50 pm »
Nice win v Dresden puts me 2 points of my target pre season and hopefully survival.

If things go right could maybe sneak 2nd at this rate but that was never the aim. Got a way to go to challenge right at the top I think but that’s got to be the aim. Hopefully some choice signings and the odd trade could see me bridge the gap.

Having to constantly sell to support my wage bill at this level so not sure it’s sustainable.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3306 on: August 31, 2018, 11:04:08 am »
Not sure what we need to be honest, we seem to go on runs of consecutive wins then runs of consecutive defeats. Finishing 2nd in Div 1 conceding just 6 all season was our highest finish but it's been up and down since.

It's a fun gameworld and I'm determined to find the awnsers.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3307 on: August 31, 2018, 07:44:11 pm »
Welcome to Dresden  8)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3308 on: September 5, 2018, 05:56:47 pm »
Another Cup win :D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3309 on: September 10, 2018, 08:16:56 am »
We have a new name on the roll of honours! Congrats to Chris & Sporting, a well deserved title. Looked all set for a final day Dresden vs. Sporting showdown, but Dukla's late winner against Dresden combined with Sporting's late winner of their own meant they wrapped it up with a game to spare. Can only imagine the scenes with Jeff & Kammy in the Soccer Saturday Sunday studio ;D

Disappointing end to the season for Dresden after starting off so well. Just two wins from our last seven league games ain't gonna cut it. Looking to make a few more tweaks before going again next season, really want a league title with this new squad!

Another Cup win :D

Just seen this, Rangers are definitely the cup kings in this world! Think Dresden have only ever won about two cup games, really gotta do better there ;D

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3310 on: September 13, 2018, 11:40:54 pm »
;D Thanks King Luis, really nice words! I'm sure Dresden will be back next season with furious vengeance, I just hope Sporting can continue to challenge for the big prizes, and not become a one hit wonder by fading into obscurity. Next season is a big one for Sporting, hopefully it'll be a great and competitive one, with all the managed clubs remaining just that, managed! :)

Also, congratulations to LiamG, that's one heck of a cup record you have with Rangers dude!

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3311 on: September 14, 2018, 12:09:48 am »
Back to back promotions followed by a second place finish, including ending the season on a 9 game unbeaten run. The first time Sparta has ever secured safety in the top flight!

It’s next season or never for the title i’d think for Sparta after the big signings of Marcelo, Higuain, Neuer and Douglas Costa revamped the squad, allowing a switch to a more attacking style which won recently against the champions, Sporting. I’ll need some luck with injuries to do it and to avoid any big cups runs for now, but if that all happens I really think I can run Sporting close.

Well done Chris this year. Great achievement but just know, I’m coming for you!

Offline Chrismonster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3312 on: September 15, 2018, 08:38:53 pm »
Back to back promotions followed by a second place finish, including ending the season on a 9 game unbeaten run. The first time Sparta has ever secured safety in the top flight!

It’s next season or never for the title i’d think for Sparta after the big signings of Marcelo, Higuain, Neuer and Douglas Costa revamped the squad, allowing a switch to a more attacking style which won recently against the champions, Sporting. I’ll need some luck with injuries to do it and to avoid any big cups runs for now, but if that all happens I really think I can run Sporting close.

Well done Chris this year. Great achievement but just know, I’m coming for you!

Thanks man.. Looking at your Sparta side and the form you're in at the moment, I wouldn't bet against you at the very least challenging next season.. You'll find that your average attendance will grow now you finished in the top two, I kept braking my attendance record throughout the past season, was a nice little income boost!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3313 on: September 17, 2018, 11:00:40 am »
Bonucci to Sparta, another good signing for them. Division 1 is gonna be an absolute bloodbath next season, it feels like the teams at the top are a lot stronger than they were even just a few short seasons ago. Back then you could get away with having a lower rated player or two in your XI, not sure that's the case any more! Sporting, Sparta & Dukla all have 92+ rated players all over the park. Leeds are gonna be beastly with Messi & Neymar, and the other clubs coming up are all well-established and have held their own in Div. 1 before.

Dresden have stayed fairly true to their strategy of having one beastly forward (Messi then Ronaldo) complemented by promising but lower rated younger players. With the notable exception of a couple seasons where we had that epic arms race with Deportivo, bringing in Cavani, Thiago, Alderweireld etc ;D I'm wondering if our strategy is gonna cut it next season, really looking forward to the challenge though  8)

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3314 on: September 18, 2018, 04:44:21 pm »

And just like that, after not partaking in the initial draft, Chris casually strolls in and wins the Division One Heavyweight Championship Of The World!

Elsewhere, Sparta roar into the runner up spot. Sporting FC #1...… Sparta FC #2...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y-15ScxO07k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y-15ScxO07k</a>

Betty departs and Deportivo departivo the top flight. "Returnivo cantanter portivo next season, el amor it" said Neil.

Klipp slaps Ridsdale in the face, returns on a wave of fan support, burying the Ridster somewhere along t'road t'Barnsley and wins the Second Division for the first time!

Feyenoord are denied an Invincibles season in the boneyard by the newly managed Dynamo Moscow. In fact, in something of shock, the mighty Foggia with their ghost players secure promotion at the expense of humanoid Moscow and Forest!

Rangers do the ridiculous and win another Cup beating Deportivo in the final, the latter of which scooped the charity shield!

Your updated Roll of Honour for Season 10!

DIV 1:
Deportivo, Leeds, Deportivo, Deportivo, Dresden, Dresden, Dresden, Dresden, Deportivo, Sporting

DIV 2:
Foggia, Parma, Torino, Dresden, Rangers, Sporting, Feyenoord, Independiente, Penarol, Leeds

DIV 3:
Parma, Rangers, Fluminense, Rangers, Brondby, Feyenoord, Fluminense, Flamengo, Rangers, Feyenoord

SLEEPING GIANTS CUP:
Valencia, Rangers, Rangers, Red Star, Sparta, Sparta, Valencia, Rangers, Feyenoord, Rangers

CHARIDEE SHIELD:
Deportivo, Leeds, Rangers, Deportivo, Dresden, Sparta, Dresden, Rangers, Deportivo

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Soccer Manager: The Sleeping Giants Season 11: Bloodbath
« Reply #3315 on: September 30, 2018, 06:20:58 pm »
Here we go boys. Good luck!

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3316 on: September 30, 2018, 07:54:50 pm »
Tough season ahead! Best of luck everyone. So many teams capable of winning this championship.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #3317 on: October 1, 2018, 06:31:12 am »
I want my title back.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3318 on: October 1, 2018, 01:05:22 pm »
Any decent teams left ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3319 on: October 2, 2018, 01:59:41 pm »
Any decent teams left ?

In terms of player ratings...… ffffffffuck no.

However...…! The following are all available:

Parma, Flamengo, Kaiserslautern, Velez, Brondby, Foggia, Dusseldorf.