Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 63187 times)

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 9/11
« Reply #40 on: September 2, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »
I honestly can't remember, I guess I was in school though.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #41 on: September 2, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »
On a plane. Coming back from Frankfurt. Got on in Germany and the world was at relative peace. Got off an hour or so later to be met by police with machine guns and dogs.....the first tower had been hit and the second as we went through Passport Control.....
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 2, 2011, 01:05:55 pm »
In assembly in school.

Teacher came in and told us there was a plane crash in NY, was shaking and told us all to say a prayer.
None of us thought it would be that big of a deal, then got home and saw the news and watched it all night.

Have an auntie out in NY, so my parents spent the rest of the night calling relatives to see if anyone had heard from her.
Fortunately she was at work.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 2, 2011, 01:23:08 pm »
This. I can remember all the talk in school that day was where one of our classmates was, as he was on holiday in America at the time.
I was gutted at the lack of Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z. And went to a catholic school so we had to pray all day.

Offline gordonchas

• Jilted John was right.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 2, 2011, 01:49:22 pm »
On a plane. Coming back from Frankfurt. Got on in Germany and the world was at relative peace. Got off an hour or so later to be met by police with machine guns and dogs.....the first tower had been hit and the second as we went through Passport Control.....

I had a similar experience to you as I was also in the air at the time on the way to a meeting in Zurich and knew nothing about it till I got to the other end and all the TVs in the airport were carrying the news.

I had to come back late in the evening (about 9pm) and looking back it's a surprise they actually let us back in the air as we were overflying London that night at about 10 o'clock. 

There were absolutely no extra security measures at Zurich that day.

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #45 on: September 2, 2011, 02:05:12 pm »
I was 7 so in school. Cant remember anything apart from a teacher mentioning the day after that she had a relative who'd escaped from one of the towers. It meant nothing to me at the time obviously.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #46 on: September 2, 2011, 02:13:28 pm »
I was at school (in Year 6), didn't know anything had happened until I got home and switched the telly on to see that the cartoons had been replaced by two giant skyscrapers on fire.

Can't believe it's been ten years already, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: September 2, 2011, 02:18:58 pm »
Don't remember much about it. Was in Year 2 so was only 6 years old but remember being quite shocked at it all.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #48 on: September 2, 2011, 02:24:31 pm »
I was working from home and got a call telling me to put the tv on. Sat and watched as the second plane hit.

The full horror of it is still difficult to appreciate. Last night's ITV documentary showed people throwing themselves from the 100th floor, something we never knew about at the time.

* anyone diverting this thread will get a two- week holiday.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #49 on: September 2, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
Was at school when it actually happened but when I came home I remember being shocked at the pictures on TV and worried sick as my Gran couldn't get through to my parents at the time who were in Newark, New Jersey(Newark sounding like New York didnt help my nerves even though they're very close anyway) at the time. Couldn't get through to them for 2 days and they couldn't fly home until 3 days later aswell due to the airports being closed. Very scary few days. Will never forget it.

Can't believe its nearly 10 years ago.

RIP to all.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 2, 2011, 02:43:27 pm »
I'd come home from Hospital that morning after having my appendix out, still feeling a bit rough.

I remember flicking through the channels and landing on Sky News and seeing the first tower on fire, at that stage it was still being reported as an accident with a light aircraft hitting the tower, thirty seconds after turning it on the second plane came in from the right of screen and slammed into the second tower. In my slightly groggy state I had to check about three times to be sure I was watching the news and not just the preview for some fantastic new CGI disaster movie.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #51 on: September 2, 2011, 02:52:09 pm »
In school. Came home and watched news coverage for the rest of the day with my chin embedded into the floor.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: September 2, 2011, 03:22:14 pm »
In school, they never even mentioned it for some reason. Didn't know a thing about it til I got home and my Dad told me, I'd put the kid's channel straight on without checking the others

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #53 on: September 2, 2011, 03:41:24 pm »
I walked out of my apartment in the North End of Boston, pretty close to Logan airport, at 8.15, and walked to work as usual. The two planes flew right over my head on their way to disaster. I got in to work, and heard a rumour about a small plane crashing into a NY tower. Didn't pay it much mind.

Then my Mom called from Abu Dhabi, in hysterics, trying to find out if I was in NY or Boston. She was babbling so fast, I didn't understand what was going on. I yelled at some to turn on the telly, and the office came to a standstill.

As the second plane hit, the mailroom guy came in with a set of construction drawings, return address 2 World Trade Center. I will never be able to explain fully what I felt at that moment.

I had a lot of business acquaintances there. I also had a friend who went downstairs to smoke a Marlboro at the time, and survived because of his smoking habit.

Boston went mental. It was out of a Stephen King novel. From my tower, I can see the airport very clearly, and it was locked down - no planes flying. Traffic was jam packed with people running away. I went downstairs when they called the work day off, and downtown Boston was streaming with people headed out. Closest thing to a mass panic in the States I've ever seen.

My Irish mate and I headed down the pub to watch Liverpool, and everyone was watching CNN.

The looks we got when we said - turn on the soccer - could have killed us.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #54 on: September 2, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »
In NY, on the phone. 

Me Mum called and said a plane had hit the WTC.  I said "Sure, Mum, I'll call you back."

Went upstairs and saw the evidence only 5 miles away.

Slowly the ash cloud headed my way and dropped pellets of dust all around.  The cars, the trees, the ground, all layered with a fine powder.

The smell was disgusting.  Never smelled anything like it before.  After a couple of days I didn't notice it, but I'm sure it was still there.

Watched as the rest of the tragedy unfold, then got my wife and 4 to the hospital to donate blood for the survivors that never emerged.

NYC's Hillsborough.

RIP
Kill the humourless

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #55 on: September 2, 2011, 03:53:39 pm »
Heard about it in school, was in about year 4/5. Still remember it like it was yesterday though, the teachers obviously knew how bad it was as we were only kids, and they just tried to carry on as normal. Got home to my street and our neighbour Tommy, who's passed away now actually, was standing there shaking his head and said to my mum ' Bloody terrible isn't it girl? '. Seen the pictures on the telly, and it really was like something out of a disaster movie. Can't believe it's been ten years.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 2, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »
I was 9, my mum worked at the school and was telling me what had happened as we were walking home. Looking at the time it all unfolded, the North Tower must have collapsed as we were chatting about it. I didn't have a clue what it was all about, what terrorism was, what the point was etc but when I got home and saw it all on the tv it was just horrifying. Like everyone else I guess, we were glued to the tv for the rest of the night. The fact it happened in the daytime here for some reason always strikes me, everyone seeing the second tower getting struck and both of them collapsing on live tv, it was something that we'd never seen before. Since then we've had every major event captured live on mobile phones and we've almost become immune to it, that day though was something else.

As I said, utterly horrifying, yet there's something about seeing the planes hit and the towers collapsing that you just can't stop looking at. Will never forget that day and cannot believe it was ten years ago.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 2, 2011, 03:58:47 pm »
I had not long split up from my first wife and was going through a shag anything phase, i was on leave but had stayed in camp as i had a lot of stuff from the house to sort, the night before i had met a bird who was a millionaire but who was married, her fella treated her like shit so she agreed to meet me the day after, we ended up in a bar in Grantham drinking and waiting for the Match to come on later (you can take the lad out of Liverpool.......!), when it came on the news i thought it was some sort of CGI imagery from a new film or a documentary of the 'what would happen if' variety.It was really mad as it became apparent what was unfolding before our eyes, the whole boozer was transfixed on the tele.

I went out that day thinking i could have a life changing moment and never have to work again, what actually happened was i had a life changing moment and haven't stopped working since! the whole world changed that day, some people have likened it to this generation's Kennedy moment, but i think it was far more far reaching than that.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 2, 2011, 04:01:34 pm »
i was young, 10 years old and my mum told me on the way home from school i remember that vividly, but at that age i didnt really realise the significance of it, eventually i realised how big this was after all the news coverage.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #59 on: September 2, 2011, 04:08:59 pm »
At the British Army Training Unit, Suffield just about to brief General Jackson.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #60 on: September 2, 2011, 04:16:28 pm »
at home, just came home from college because it was weird and I had like a lecture from 9 to 10 and then one at 4 to 5. Watched it all on the news with my dad who wasnt working at the time...
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline lostpet.

• rewardoffered.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert text here: No Jokes Allowed
« Reply #61 on: September 2, 2011, 04:18:19 pm »
i was in GCSE media class, we walked in and it was just after the first plane hit, we stayed and watched the 2nd plane hit, then the towers fall, was something thats ingrained into my mind.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 2, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »
I was in second period, a stats class, my senior year in high school in Philadelphia. The principal of the school came on over the loud speaker to announce that there had been an attack in New York and two planes had hit the twin towers.

I had third period free, and the school had rolled out the big screen TV, which normally only made an appearance two days a year - the first two days of the NCAA tournament - into the foyer to put on the news. The first tower fell during third period while we were standing around watching, and I remember going to calculus next period trying to describe it falling to a bunch of kids who were in class when it fell. The second tower fell while we were watching some choppy live feed of one of the news networks that Yahoo was streaming, then after fourth period they let us go home.

I remember a lot of people were concerned that maybe they might try and hit Independence Hall or one of the other historical landmarks in Philly, but in retrospect that was kind of a stupid worry, especially since we were a couple miles away from Center City, and to drive back to Jersey we had to drive very close to that area. The guy who I rode into school with didn't want to listen to the news on the way home, so we listened to music. I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch watching the news, and remember feeling guilty for being happy when I found out school was going to be closed on Wednesday September 12th. 

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 2, 2011, 05:22:28 pm »
Was still in North Carolina then working late hours so I was still in bed.  Mother woke me up crying and told me to turn on the TV.  I was more infuriated by what I saw than heartbroken, but as the anger subsided it turned more to just sadness and grief for all those innocent people, as opposed to anger.  Then I started thinking about when the US figures out who's done it and how many more innocents might die if a war kicks off...

Was a very, very sad day.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 2, 2011, 05:28:06 pm »
In last year of primary school - remember coming out and my grandpa asking if I'd seen what had happened - had no idea until I got home and watched the news. Didn't sink in 'til I grew older just how big a human tragedy it was.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 2, 2011, 06:20:03 pm »
I was in the Lakes - had been out walking up a mountain with some mates, came back and switched the news on.

The documentary last night (that Alan mentioned earlier) was pretty shocking.  Mentioned that some 200 people had jumped from the buildings before they collapsed.  The dust cloud was also something I hadn't fully appreciated until last nights documentary either.

Hard to believe it's 10 years

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #66 on: September 2, 2011, 08:18:59 pm »
Not being facetious here, it's just a vivid memory from the pub before the match.

A group of four fans walks into the Cabbage and sits down on the table next to us. It's obvious they haven't seen anything to do with the attacks.

One of them looks at the big screen (which is re-running the moments when the towers came down) and goes, "Fuckin ell...look at that!". The other three turn to watch the big screen and for a few moments they watch with wide eyes and open mouths.

After 30 seconds or so, one of the group says, "bad that" and they all turn back to face each other. Another one then says, "So who do you reckon'll start up front tonight then?"

It was almost funny, in fact we did laugh about it afterwards, but I repeat I'm not saying it to be funny. It was just something I thought about in the following days...how quickly life goes on (in this case maybe a tad too quickly to not seem a bit weird). But we all do the same all the time with earthquakes and other disasters. The shock registers for a moment...and then life goes on. Sort of like El C asking for the soccer on the telly...what else can you do?

Offline srs507

• Kopite
  • I'm scouse. Except for accent and location.
« Reply #67 on: September 2, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »
I was in school, 5th grade at the time here in Northern NJ. They didn't actually tell us what happened, but we knew something was up because they had asked us if we had any parents who worked in NY; if we did, were taken to the office and they tried getting in touch with them or the other parent in the household. They got in touch with my mom who was home (father works in the city) and she told them to keep me in school, to keep some sense of normality. Didn't see that the towers fell until I got home.

My father saw the second plane hit from his office under the Manhattan Bridge in Brooklyn. His co-worker was having a smoke on the balcony of their office, and saw the first plane hit; the entire office came out and saw the second plane hit. Once the first tower fell, they all decided to leave. It took my father 8 hours to get home for a commute that normally takes 1. He worked on the recovery post 9/11 and then was the project manager of the temporary PATH station which opened up in November 2003. He's had the opportunity to go work there a few times but he just can't bring himself to go work there again.
Games I've been to: 2011/2012 - Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Newcastle (h), Man City (a)
2012/2013 - Spurs (Friendly), Norwich (h)
2013/2014 - Newcastle (h)
2014/2015 - Olympiakos (friendly), Man City (friendly)
Not bad for an American eh?

Offline Bavaria

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: September 2, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »
It happened not long after I had joined the army and I was on leave at home. My Dad turned round to me and jokingly said your one year in the Army and world war III kicks of. Who knew everything it would lead to.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #69 on: September 2, 2011, 08:36:14 pm »
Was coming out of school in Hunts Cross

A lad was outside of school and said something about "they've bombed the Pentagon". Went to a mate's house cause it was on the way to mine, ended up there for about 2 hours watching the news reports and the towers come down. Ended up phoning home too and telling em to turn the bloody TV on.

Not something I think I'll ever forget to be honest.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #70 on: September 2, 2011, 09:34:07 pm »
Was in an economics lesson in school, there was only me, another lad and a teacher in there.  Another teacher came bursting in saying a plane had kamikazied into the World Trade Centre.  I didn't actually know what that was at that point, but just had visions of it being a little two seater plane rather than what it turned out to be.

Went into town after school to put a deposit down on a holiday to Magaluf and the Echo had a special edition out which was the first time I realised the enormity of it all, it had pictures of people jumping from the World Trade Centre to their deaths.

Went the match that night and we drew 1-1.  Didn't really matter though
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #71 on: September 2, 2011, 10:23:01 pm »
Year 6, teacher just walked out the class to the media room where al teachers had gathered round the tv (great teaching leaving near enough every classroom full of kids and unattended petty i know but anything could've happened). Dont really remember much in-between finding out and getting home just engrossed in the TV watching what happened and just thought wow, the next couple of hours watching it all unravel in front of you my house has never been so quite, it was just so surreal.

When it gets to this time of year I just watch the programmes about it and it is just as shocking as the first time you see it, that horrible gut feeling all those people needlessly dying. The images of those planes crashing into the towers is one that will never leave me imo fucking horrific.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #72 on: September 2, 2011, 11:46:23 pm »
Just coming to end of summer break at uni. Remember the first day back at the lecture "it's payback for the killings of innocent Iraqi children"
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 2, 2011, 11:50:50 pm »
on a flight, Mumbai to Heathrow, didn't know a thing about it until we got off the plane in London.

I'd been away for about 2 weeks and was dying to get home and watch the England/Germany 5-1 game, that I'd taped. Obviously I switched on the news and didn't watch another channel for days - i don't think I've ever seen the goals.

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 2, 2011, 11:51:18 pm »
At college, Cronton College to be exact

Went the match later that day and got the new CL shirt (We were only 4 stars back then  ;))

RIP to all those who sadly perished

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 2, 2011, 11:58:25 pm »
Listening to it on the Radio on the way home from school then watched the news. Didn't really understand what was going on and remember being annoyed at missing Pokémon. (I was 6)
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline Aido LFC

• Thanks Aldo. Messy arse!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #76 on: September 2, 2011, 11:58:55 pm »
In school when the first one hit, hadn't got a clue it was happening until my mam picked me up after school and by the time we got home we saw the news reporting that the 2nd tower got hit.
The only thing I can see that I have infringed is animal porn - but that was just for amusement - didn't know it was illegal?

Offline ben138

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #77 on: September 3, 2011, 12:11:16 am »
Remember it well, and was reminded when I randomly bumped into the girl I was with at the time last weekend,

Was "between jobs" at the time so got up late, wandered in to the living room and put on sky news as background noise. I saw the first tower on fire and thought to myself "oh just a fire" or whatever...
Got my coffee and toast and came back in and the second tower was hit a few minutes after just sat there watching it in disbelief...

The GF texted me with some girly cheery nonsense and I just rang her to tell her to put on sky news... couldnt really explain it..
Spent the whole day watching it with the other lad in the place who was unemployed @ the time

Was in NY just before the first anniversary with that girl and I just cant describe the atmosphere there then....

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 3, 2011, 12:21:02 am »
was in a pub in Chester had gone there to have a look round prior to starting uni there a few weeks later. Vividly remember walking into the bar area to buy a pint looking at the screen seeing the first tower on fire. then the 2nd plane hit. spent most of the afternoon in the pub watching, before getting a eerilly silent train back to Liverpool. Can't believe its been 10 years.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #79 on: September 3, 2011, 12:34:00 am »
This is a weird thread but I don't see a problem with it as long as it stays within boundaries.

I was 16, in bed, missing a 6th form biology lesson. I got a txt from my ginger mate saying "Wake up, twin towers, BBC c*nt".

First thing I thought of was how I was gonna kick the shit out of the spotty twat. Then I flicked the telly on, jaw dropped, went downstairs, sat with mom and watched the news for 10 hours.

I saw the 2nd plane hit, towers collapse and everything after the 2nd plane. My mind was blown, didn't make much sense. Disgusted but fascinated.

To this day I still can't get my head around the towers collapsing. Not that I don't believe the explanations, just the actual, physical mindfuck of the processes involved. Peoples bodies, desk chairs, computers, vending machines etc. Horrible yes, but something that needs to be thought of in order to attempt to understand what actually happened (as opposed to seeing it as a special effects bonanza).

This was my generations JFK moment, only much much worse. I'll never forget, I wish I could.