Author Topic: LFC Quiz App - New Competition, win a signed shirt or signed ball  (Read 1938 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Just wondering if there are many RAWK posters who play this app or are even aware of it as I’ve never seen it get a mention anywhere on the forum.

They’ve revamped it a bit in the last month, but there still seems to be a lack of regular players so just thought I’d highlight it. I think they’ve got some new competitions coming up one of which sounds like it includes potentially going up against former players.

It’s not without its flaws, there are a few questions either phrased badly, or with multiple right answers but in general if you like your club history and testing your knowledge against others in my view it’s a well put together and thought out app.

I appreciate this may not be the right place for this post but just wanted to bring it to the attention of as many as possible, but Mods feel free to move to a more appropriate space on the forum if you wish.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:50:22 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC Quiz App
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 11:13:41 am »
Meant to add this for more info and as a link to where you can download it if interested

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/321732-liverpool-quiz-rivals-app-new

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 01:32:34 pm »
Downloaded it and had a wee go. Isn't the worst, but could definitely be a lot better. As with most apps, it seems geared towards people that are willing to spend the most money on upgrades.
Would be a lot better if you could set up leagues between mates, or even a competition on RAWK
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 01:39:10 pm »
Just wondering if there are many RAWK posters who play this app or are even aware of it as I’ve never seen it get a mention anywhere on the forum.

They’ve revamped it a bit in the last month, but there still seems to be a lack of regular players so just thought I’d highlight it. I think they’ve got some new competitions coming up one of which sounds like it includes potentially going up against former players.

It’s not without its flaws, there are a few questions either phrased badly, or with multiple right answers but in general if you like your club history and testing your knowledge against others in my view it’s a well put together and thought out app.

I appreciate this may not be the right place for this post but just wanted to bring it to the attention of as many as possible, but Mods feel free to move to a more appropriate space on the forum if you wish.

I started using it but got bored when you joined and wiped the floor with everyone  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 02:13:55 pm »
I started using it but got bored when you joined and wiped the floor with everyone  ;D
😁 To be honest I’ve been putting off posting on here about it for ages in case anyone thought I was just trying to show off or something, which I’m genuinely not.

I was off work when I first came across it so had plenty of time on my hands to play it which helped. I do recall a few games against you and we were fairly evenly matched from what I remember. I won’t lie part of posting about it on here was in the hope that there should be others who would enjoy it but also with that level of knowledge to provide a good challenge.

They are adding in different formats so all players can get in game rewards but I they need more players to introduce leagues and things which will put players up against others they’re evenly matched with.

You should get back on there, you were a top player.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 02:17:58 pm »
Downloaded it and had a wee go. Isn't the worst, but could definitely be a lot better. As with most apps, it seems geared towards people that are willing to spend the most money on upgrades.
Would be a lot better if you could set up leagues between mates, or even a competition on RAWK
I think they’re trying to improve it and build up a more league based approach but need more regular players to make it work.
There is a facility to set up leagues against other friends already though. I think you have to be a on Facebook which I’m not, but you could potentially set up a RAWK league with others on Facebook. Could even be the thing that tempts me to finally join Facebook!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 09:24:55 am »
Seems to be "Do you remember the answer to this question from the first 3 times it came up?"
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 10:03:01 am »
Seems to be "Do you remember the answer to this question from the first 3 times it came up?"
They do continue to add more questions but it is something that could be improved. There are thousands of questions but if you play often enough inevitably you see the some of the same ones. I think that as you play more and move up the leaderboard the questions change depending on the level your at, and they add more in.

Also it’s not just a plain quiz app you’re playing against other players, so it’s also about the speed you can remember the answer.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:24:42 am by duvva »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 12:55:50 pm »
Just thought I’d highlight the app again as we’re all coming to terms with the lack of proper football over the next 2 weeks.

So on the off chance you run out of things to argue with people about on here, perhaps try beating people with your Liverpool knowledge to make yourself feel better.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/321732-liverpool-quiz-rivals-app-new

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 02:48:36 pm »
I'll have a look at this tonight duvva, thanks mate.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 05:11:38 pm »
I'll have a look at this tonight duvva, thanks mate.
Nice one, Monday night can be a bit quiet especially after a weekend tournament, but there’s usually enough players around to match with.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 12:53:26 pm »
Weekly competition starting from 8pm tonight and running all weekend.

So if you’re at a bit of a loose end due to the international break why not test your knowledge on all things Liverpool and help yourselves forget that we’re still 8 days away from the next game.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 09:40:30 am »
They’ve just launched a new competition this morning, started at 9am and runs for the next week.

It looks like there are some actual prizes such as a signed shirt and football, as opposed to just in game prizes. It seems to be themed loosely around Fowler and McManaman.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: LFC Quiz App - New Competition, win a signed shirt or signed ball
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 11:52:51 am »
They’ve just launched a new competition this morning, started at 9am and runs for the next week.

Pretty obvious you're directly involved in this app.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 12:33:05 pm »
Pretty sure they wouldn’t let me play if I was

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 12:33:24 pm »
Can someone change his custom title to 'Appy Roader'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 12:38:07 pm »
Can someone change his custom title to 'Appy Roader'
😁👍