Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718188 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Malice Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #60520 on: January 15, 2022, 12:06:36 pm »
But the rules haven’t been applied consistently.

You are citing the AFCON as a reason yet loaned two players out.
They don't just want to admit that they are scared of facing Spurs. They really deserve medals for their mental gymnastics.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #60521 on: January 15, 2022, 12:07:34 pm »
Why should Arsenal be made to play when everyone else can get games cancelled though?

People talk about the irony of Arsenal fans, but they are football fans, & football fans can flip flop all the time. What shouldn't be double standards is how the rules apply to 1 team and not another.

The league made their own back, Arteta asked for more clarity earlier in the season & everyone called him a cry arse. Arsenal are just trying to take advantage of the same rules that have been applied elsewhere unless I'm mistaken?

The same Arsenal fans were righteously demanding the chance to beat up a team of kids in a semi final last week. "Just play the kids" and now want to hide behind a loophole in the rule book so they can rest their legs for the second leg and face Spurs when they've got their AFCON players and injured players back.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #60522 on: January 15, 2022, 12:12:39 pm »
This is amazing!  ;D

I've never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies than Arsenal fans last week and now their own club are doing exactly the same thing (maybe worse).

You hope they might learn a lesson from this.

It isn’t the same, and yes it’s worse.
One club has what they believe to me a major covid outbreak, and get rightly instructed to shut their training ground.

It was an impossibility for Liverpool to play the match in those circumstances.

Arsenal on the other hand are gaming the system. Yes, ultimately the premier league’s fault for not putting proper rules in place, but still, a bad look for Arsenal and the other teams doing it, but what do they care - the loophole is there, thanks to the ‘best league in the world’ yet again proving to be an amateur operation.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60523 on: January 15, 2022, 12:15:16 pm »
Hypocrites! :lmao :lmao :lmao

Im not a hypocrite mate, I'm in here on record saying I didn't see any problem cancelling our game. I don't speak for the rest of the cry arses.

But the rules haven’t been applied consistently.

You are citing the AFCON as a reason yet loaned two players out.

Exactly, and that's our point, and Arteta's point way back last month, and why we are likely chancing our arm now. The league let Leicester site AFCON as a reason.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 12:17:59 pm by ScottishGoon »

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60524 on: January 15, 2022, 12:19:29 pm »

Im not a hypocrite mate, I'm in here on record saying I didn't see any problem cancelling our game. I don't speak for the rest of the cry arses.
Fair enough mate.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #60525 on: January 15, 2022, 12:21:01 pm »
Fair enough mate.

You see the worse of all football fans on twitter, including our own. :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60526 on: January 15, 2022, 12:23:44 pm »
Everyone is playing the system, Liverpool with 40 false positives and 1 actual positive is as funny as it got. It still worked. So why can’t we try .

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60527 on: January 15, 2022, 12:29:21 pm »
You see the worse of all football fans on twitter, including our own. :)

Twitter for me is just the equivalent of the kids on a school ground looking to start arguments or fights with little or no common sense, except there's a lot more of them as they can hide behind a keyboard.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60528 on: January 15, 2022, 12:29:33 pm »
Everyone is playing the system, Liverpool with 40 false positives and 1 actual positive is as funny as it got. It still worked. So why can’t we try .
Is it Covid cases or injuries the main thing?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60529 on: January 15, 2022, 12:32:45 pm »
Is it Covid cases or injuries the main thing?

It’s “confidential “. Means “take our word for it “. Or even better “we’d love to tell you but there are privacy issues that we have to protect” and “mind that Amazon camera on your way out they paid a lot of money to watch us shower”

It’s all bullshit , but it is a COVID season, so I guess strange patterns were always going to develop
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 12:34:38 pm by The North Bank »

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60530 on: January 15, 2022, 12:44:30 pm »

Whilst I don't actually take issue with Arsenal requesting a postponement, Liverpool had so many confirmed and suspected cases that they had to shut their training ground. I know people think this was all part of some elaborate hoax but that would be an extreme measure to take just to get a league cup tie postponed where we actually ended up losing our home advantage in the second leg.

My issue here is the reaction Liverpool got compared to every other club in the country. I wonder will Aston Villa's official account be tweeting snide messages about Arsenal. It's the different standards my club gets held to that bother me.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60531 on: January 15, 2022, 12:49:04 pm »

So you do think we faked the tests, then? I already asked you once but to be fair you've a lot of feedback to work through - what benefit did we seek by blagging a postponement? We didn't get any unavailable players back afaik, and we sacrificed the benefit of home ground in the second leg.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60532 on: January 15, 2022, 12:52:14 pm »
Whilst I don't actually take issue with Arsenal requesting a postponement, Liverpool had so many confirmed and suspected cases that they had to shut their training ground. I know people think this was all part of some elaborate hoax but that would be an extreme measure to take just to get a league cup tie postponed where we actually ended up losing our home advantage in the second leg.

My issue here is the reaction Liverpool got compared to every other club in the country. I wonder will Aston Villa's official account be tweeting snide messages about Arsenal. It's the different standards my club gets held to that bother me.

Did Arsenal themselves make a big song or dance about the postponement? I certainly didn't on here, I know folk thought North Bank was having a go, but from what I read he was only having a go at the lack of clarity, not a go at Liverpool.

So really, everyones main gripe is with a bunch of cry arses on social media, the cess pit of football fans, or other clubs having a snide pop?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60533 on: January 15, 2022, 12:55:44 pm »
So you do think we faked the tests, then? I already asked you once but to be fair you've a lot of feedback to work through - what benefit did we seek by blagging a postponement? We didn't get any unavailable players back afaik, and we sacrificed the benefit of home ground in the second leg.

Of course you did, Allison Firmino and Matip missed the game against Chelsea and would’ve missed the game at arsenal as it would’ve fallen within the same week if the first leg wasn’t postponed. And that’s just 3 off the top of my head . You went from a huge outbreak where to be fair it would’ve been insane to play the game , to just Trent, and he too was back in time for the rearranged match so you can add him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60534 on: January 15, 2022, 01:04:37 pm »
Did Arsenal themselves make a big song or dance about the postponement? I certainly didn't on here, I know folk thought North Bank was having a go, but from what I read he was only having a go at the lack of clarity, not a go at Liverpool.

So really, everyones main gripe is with a bunch of cry arses on social media, the cess pit of football fans, or other clubs having a snide pop?

Said it on here (not this thread) the other day after that Atheltic shitstir article came out saying teams wanted LFC investigated, that I doubted any had.  As anyone with even with limited thinking could see that Liverpool gained nothing, and in fact lost something, but having to postpone. 

But at the end of the day the social media side of fandom - and I include forums in that, are hugely influencial, as much as we like to pretend it isn’t. You only have to look at artricles from so called serious media outlets that are laced with links to tweets as the basis for those articles. So it isn’t just some dickhead keyboard warrior fans, it spills over. Some of the stuff journalists and writers, where coming out with over this last week was bordering on libelous. And I’d love nothing more than for a team to one day actually take them to task legally over it. Probably the only way to curb the cess pit that is footballing media these days.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60535 on: January 15, 2022, 01:05:35 pm »

You didn’t Get The voice of the people Gary Neville and his sidekick carra screaming “Enough”. I think the reaction to us is far worse than what you got.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60536 on: January 15, 2022, 01:06:44 pm »
Pretty much. The PL's lack of transparency and inability to apply their own rules has caused this mess

100% have made a rod for their own back.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60537 on: January 15, 2022, 01:08:36 pm »
You didn’t Get The voice of the people Gary Neville and his sidekick carra screaming “Enough”. I think the reaction to us is far worse than what you got.

It’s barely caused a ripple from what I’ve seen. Just a bit of piss taking from us on here.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60538 on: January 15, 2022, 01:09:53 pm »
It’s “confidential “. Means “take our word for it “. Or even better “we’d love to tell you but there are privacy issues that we have to protect” and “mind that Amazon camera on your way out they paid a lot of money to watch us shower”

It’s all bullshit , but it is a COVID season, so I guess strange patterns were always going to develop
It's the games getting postponed for injuries that is galling.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60539 on: January 15, 2022, 01:19:58 pm »

No, Arsenal as a club got a thank you from Liverpool for their cooperation (probably because they realised it could quite easily be them in the same position). The Arsenal fans on here are also fine.

Unfortunately the rest of the football world lost their heads because it was us. It's easy to say social media is a cess pit but why didn't social media react the same way when every other club requested a postponement? This also spilled over to the 'real world' with Klopp being grilled on his honesty in a press conference in a way that I've not seen with other managers. Social media doesn't exist in a vacuum, it might be the worst side of people but it still reflects general trends in the way people think. 
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60540 on: January 15, 2022, 01:24:03 pm »
It's the games getting postponed for injuries that is galling.

Like I said before the minute it became COVID + , it’s a free for all. Should’ve been a straight forward cut off point in Covid cases. We’d have had probably about 20 % of the cancellations we have. I understand the training ground closure issue but that’s open to abuse too , teams can train at the stadium , should’ve been based on Covid numbers exclusively.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60541 on: January 15, 2022, 01:27:45 pm »

Like I said before the minute it became COVID + , it’s a free for all. Should’ve been a straight forward cut off point in Covid cases. We’d have had probably about 20 % of the cancellations we have. I understand the training ground closure issue but that’s open to abuse too , teams can train at the stadium , should’ve been based on Covid numbers exclusively.
I guess like Jürgen has said there's no clarity on what is happening and what actual situations are. It's just a shit show that the league should have determined prior to kick off. This virus was always going to have an impact. It's now mid Jan really and no one has an idea on what the rules are.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60542 on: January 15, 2022, 01:31:38 pm »
Of course you did, Allison Firmino and Matip missed the game against Chelsea and would’ve missed the game at arsenal as it would’ve fallen within the same week if the first leg wasn’t postponed. And that’s just 3 off the top of my head . You went from a huge outbreak where to be fair it would’ve been insane to play the game , to just Trent, and he too was back in time for the rearranged match so you can add him.

You're an idiot. We don't control the outcome of the tests.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60543 on: January 15, 2022, 01:31:44 pm »

what difference would that make when they have what they believed to be a massive number of positive cases, who had to isolate regardless and as a product of that - they needed to stop what they thought was a major spread by having no one train.

It’s weird that some people, including you, have decided to totally miss how the testing works, so regarless of who actually was positive in the end - they couldn’t use those players anyway in training or for the game, they STILL had to isolate. 

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60544 on: January 15, 2022, 01:34:20 pm »
what difference would that make when they have what they believed to be a massive number of positive cases, who had to isolate regardless and as a product of that - they needed to stop what they thought was a major spread by having no one train.

It’s weird that some people, including you, have decided to totally miss how the testing works, so regarless of who actually was positive in the end - they couldn’t use those players anyway in training or for the game, they STILL had to isolate.

The same dickheads claiming we faked the test results, despite the tests being carried out by an independent lab, would be cry arsing if we decided to ignore the results and play the players anyway. Fucking morons.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60545 on: January 15, 2022, 01:37:34 pm »
The same dickheads claiming we faked the test results, despite the tests being carried out by an independent lab, would be cry arsing if we decided to ignore the results and play the players anyway. Fucking morons.

I was presuming he was on a wind up, trying to be funny, which is his usual game here, but apparently not.

It isn't hard to understand what happened with Liverpool, Klopp himself explaiend it very succinctly the other day. So to refuse to understand is pure WUMery or just genuinely being dense, or both.

It’s a taste of Twitter in the forum for sure though, which is maybe an education for a few here! A great example of how choosing to not listen to an explanation leads to basically lying to make some sort of non point.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #60546 on: January 15, 2022, 01:38:44 pm »

You know you really are daft.

Alisson, Firmino, and Matip would not have been available for the first leg as their quarantine was not done. They had to test negative for two consecutive days after serving their quarantine before being allowed back. Which was AFTER the scheduled first leg.

When the 17 positive tests came about again, the players had to be retested that day. Then tested again for a further two days to confirm negative tests from the first day. So self-isolation while that was being done. Which is why the first leg was postponed.

I realize in a fast moving posting / twitter world facts get lost. Don't lose them again.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #60547 on: January 15, 2022, 01:39:38 pm »

This is the Trumpian post-truth world we live in though. Facts don't matter, people believe what they want to believe.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60548 on: January 15, 2022, 01:42:37 pm »
So we faked tests to avoid a home game v a mediocre team in a competition Klopp isn't really arsed about but didn't fake tests to get out of our toughest away games v two better sides in Tottenham and Chelsea which was obviously going to negatively impact our title challenge? Yeah, that's logical isn't it?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60549 on: January 15, 2022, 01:49:23 pm »
So we faked tests to avoid a home game v a mediocre team in a competition Klopp isn't really arsed about but didn't fake tests to get out of our toughest away games v two better sides in Tottenham and Chelsea which was obviously going to negatively impact our title challenge? Yeah, that's logical isn't it?

To be fair we faked it to get out of the away leg.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60550 on: January 15, 2022, 01:51:41 pm »
To be fair we faked it to get out of the away leg.

Oh yeah, forgot we fucked ourselves over in that process! Not very good at this faking stuff are we?!

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60551 on: January 15, 2022, 01:52:11 pm »
No, Arsenal as a club got a thank you from Liverpool for their cooperation (probably because they realised it could quite easily be them in the same position). The Arsenal fans on here are also fine.

Unfortunately the rest of the football world lost their heads because it was us. It's easy to say social media is a cess pit but why didn't social media react the same way when every other club requested a postponement? This also spilled over to the 'real world' with Klopp being grilled on his honesty in a press conference in a way that I've not seen with other managers. Social media doesn't exist in a vacuum, it might be the worst side of people but it still reflects general trends in the way people think.

Yeah, fair do's. I didn't really follow the Liverpool situation, but as soon as training ground closures and that were having to happen, I had no problem with Liverpool cancelling. Not really followed the aftermath as once it happened I was content and wasn't interested in looking for conspiracy theories. The end of the day the full thing is a shit show because the lack of clarity by the powers that be, so its perfect bait for moon howlers to attach themselves to.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #60552 on: January 15, 2022, 02:16:48 pm »
NLD is postponed per Insider according to NBC.

Edit: David Ornstein being the source,

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:20:39 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60553 on: January 15, 2022, 02:17:19 pm »
Pathetic from Arsenal

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #60554 on: January 15, 2022, 02:17:28 pm »
Sorry, but you’ve got some nerve coming onto a Liverpool forum and accusing our manager and staff of fictitiously invented some medical test results in order to get out of playing a game. 

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #60555 on: January 15, 2022, 02:18:02 pm »
Sorry, but you’ve got some nerve coming onto a Liverpool forum and accusing our manager and staff of fictitiously invented some medical test results in order to get out of playing a game.

Especially when they've just had theirs postponed 😂

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60556 on: January 15, 2022, 02:18:07 pm »
Hope Son scores the winner when it's rearranged and Tottenham get 4th

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60557 on: January 15, 2022, 02:18:38 pm »
It is what it is. 

Move on.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60558 on: January 15, 2022, 02:19:27 pm »
You know you really are daft.

Alisson, Firmino, and Matip would not have been available for the first leg as their quarantine was not done. They had to test negative for two consecutive days after serving their quarantine before being allowed back. Which was AFTER the scheduled first leg.

When the 17 positive tests came about again, the players had to be retested that day. Then tested again for a further two days to confirm negative tests from the first day. So self-isolation while that was being done. Which is why the first leg was postponed.

I realize in a fast moving posting / twitter world facts get lost. Don't lose them again.

The postponement meant that the 3 players you mention were available for the rescheduled match , how is that not benefitting from the postponement, and I’m the daft one!

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60559 on: January 15, 2022, 02:20:01 pm »
It’s off !

Gutted, would’ve thrashed them, really wanted to play .