Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 330856 times)

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1560 on: September 15, 2011, 11:47:10 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/09/15/liverpool-fc-captain-steven-gerrard-to-return-from-injury-against-brighton-hove-albion-not-tottenham-hotspur-100252-29425051/hton next Wednesday

STEVEN GERRARD won’t make his long awaited Liverpool FC comeback in Sunday’s clash at Tottenham.

The Reds skipper had pencilled in the capital showdown for a possible return after six months on the sidelines but the trip to White Hart Lane has come too soon for him to be considered.

Gerrard has only been back in full training at Melwood for a week and it’s been decided he needs more time before being thrown into Premier League action.

The 31-year-old now has his sights set on playing a part in next Wednesday’s Carling Cup tie at Championship outfit Brighton as he looks to build up his match fitness.

Boss Kenny Dalglish has vowed not to take any chances with his captain and will monitor him closely before making a decision over his participation against the Seagulls.

The club’s medical staff remain delighted with the rapid progress Gerrard has made since the treatment he underwent last month for an infection related to the career-saving groin surgery he had in April.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:51:12 am by andspecks »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1561 on: September 15, 2011, 11:54:29 am »
Sensible decision. I wasn't expecting him to feature on Sunday anyway.

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01:14 pm »

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1563 on: September 15, 2011, 12:02:47 pm »
POOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1564 on: September 15, 2011, 12:10:19 pm »
We have enough quality in the team to beat Spurs. Sensible decision bringing him in against Brighton.

Did that behind closed doors game go ahead? If so, how did he do?
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: September 15, 2011, 12:21:41 pm »
It's great that we are now in a position where we don't have to rush Stevie back but can take our time and ease him back in gradually.  Shows how much the team has progressed and is a much better position to be in.

"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1566 on: September 15, 2011, 12:22:39 pm »
Lucas Adam
Suarez Gerrard Downing
Carroll

That front 4 would tear teams apart with its movement.  All can shoot, all can cross brilliantly and all are willing to carry the ball rather than hoof.

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #1567 on: September 15, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »
We have enough quality in the team to beat Spurs. Sensible decision bringing him in against Brighton.

Did that behind closed doors game go ahead? If so, how did he do?

I don't know, I couldn't get in....the doors were shut
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #1568 on: September 15, 2011, 12:29:43 pm »
Lucas Adam
Suarez Gerrard Downing
Carroll

That front 4 would tear teams apart with its movement.  All can shoot, all can cross brilliantly and all are willing to carry the ball rather than hoof.

Lucas  Adam

Bellamy     Gerrard        Downing

Suarez

nice.
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: September 15, 2011, 12:39:32 pm »
It's great that we are now in a position where we don't have to rush Stevie back but can take our time and ease him back in gradually.  Shows how much the team has progressed and is a much better position to be in.

Definitely. With people posting all these formations, we can look players who are left out and see the strength of the squad - Maxi and Kuyt are the ones who are usually ignored but both are good players and can cause problems for any team. Henderson too, although he isn't at some of our other players level yet, he's still decent and will only improve given his age and the fact that he is now playing with better player and under a better manager than Bruce. Same with Carroll - it might take a while for him to develop fully but as long as we're patient, I think we'll see a fine player in the future.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: September 15, 2011, 12:40:55 pm »
Fair enough, no need to rush him.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: September 15, 2011, 01:06:45 pm »
              Lucas  Adam

Bellamy     Gerrard        Downing

Suarez

nice.

Not sure I'd want Suarez leading the line myself.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #1572 on: September 15, 2011, 01:24:25 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/09/15/liverpool-fc-captain-steven-gerrard-to-return-from-injury-against-brighton-hove-albion-not-tottenham-hotspur-100252-29425051/hton next Wednesday

STEVEN GERRARD won’t make his long awaited Liverpool FC comeback in Sunday’s clash at Tottenham.

The Reds skipper had pencilled in the capital showdown for a possible return after six months on the sidelines but the trip to White Hart Lane has come too soon for him to be considered.

Gerrard has only been back in full training at Melwood for a week and it’s been decided he needs more time before being thrown into Premier League action.

The 31-year-old now has his sights set on playing a part in next Wednesday’s Carling Cup tie at Championship outfit Brighton as he looks to build up his match fitness.

Boss Kenny Dalglish has vowed not to take any chances with his captain and will monitor him closely before making a decision over his participation against the Seagulls.

The club’s medical staff remain delighted with the rapid progress Gerrard has made since the treatment he underwent last month for an infection related to the career-saving groin surgery he had in April.

Wait, was it actually THAT serious? Thought that was just rumours.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 01:26:28 pm by XabiArt »

Offline indelible

• Main Stander
« Reply #1573 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:37 pm »

if he's been out this long then it must've been THAT serious

anyways, we don't want him to end up like Johnson so if he feels like he needs more time then so be it

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #1574 on: September 15, 2011, 03:14:34 pm »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11669_7178563,00.html

Kenny does not actually say Gerrard will not feature against Spurs, so he could well be on the bench.

Asked if the skipper would feature against Tottenham or Brighton in the Carling Cup next week, Dalglish added: "We'll pick and choose when is best for Steven.

"We'll decide which game suits him best. We'll analyse his progress like we do with everybody. We'll do the same for Martin Kelly.
-YNWA-

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1575 on: September 15, 2011, 03:15:32 pm »

He said so himself mate in an interview in the Echo last weekend. Probably why they don't want to take no chances, I think he will have his first start in the derby myself and I know that has been the plan all along.

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ¡dale!
« Reply #1576 on: September 15, 2011, 03:17:11 pm »
“My groin is as strong as it’s ever been and the stats are there to prove it,” he said.

LOL

http://www.lfconline.com/news/tmnw/gerrard_injury_latest_700485/index.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: September 15, 2011, 03:33:09 pm »
He said so himself mate in an interview in the Echo last weekend. Probably why they don't want to take no chances, I think he will have his first start in the derby myself and I know that has been the plan all along.
Didn't know that. At the time of the surgery I just thought it was more of a health concern. I agree there's no need to rush him.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1578 on: September 15, 2011, 03:36:43 pm »
20 minutes against Brighton, 60 minutes against Wolves then a 90 minute battering of Everton will do me :)

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1579 on: September 15, 2011, 03:39:16 pm »
20 minutes against Brighton, 60 minutes against Wolves then a 90 minute battering of Everton will do me :)

That'll do me too!
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline poolmyfinger

• Main Stander
  • "In my life I love you more"
« Reply #1580 on: September 15, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »
Gerrard said earlier in September: "Since coming out of hospital my rehab has gone really well. I'm really happy and positive again. My groin is as strong as it's ever been.

"My groin is tested when I'm working and the physios collect data. My groin scores now are better than before I even started feeling my groin.

"What I've done over the past four weeks tells me that's the case and I've got total confidence in it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14774992.stm

Can you imagine how many jokes would come about if it were John Terry giving this response?  ;D
"England and America are two countries separated by a common language." --George Bernard Shaw

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1581 on: September 15, 2011, 04:27:48 pm »
Gerrard said earlier in September: "Since coming out of hospital my rehab has gone really well. I'm really happy and positive again. My groin is as strong as it's ever been.

"My groin is tested when I'm working and the physios collect data. My groin scores now are better than before I even started feeling my groin.

"What I've done over the past four weeks tells me that's the case and I've got total confidence in it."

Can you imagine how many jokes would come about if it were John Terry giving this response?  ;D

John Terry doesn't feel his own groin, he has others for that. By others, I of course mean the wives of his teammates. Guffaw.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1582 on: September 15, 2011, 04:33:17 pm »

Apparently it measured an 8.5 on the Lord Flashheart scale. Whoof!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1583 on: September 15, 2011, 04:33:28 pm »

He does say 'my groin' an awful lot of times in just a few sentences.

My groin.

Offline poolmyfinger

• Main Stander
  • "In my life I love you more"
« Reply #1584 on: September 15, 2011, 04:37:05 pm »
He does say 'my groin' an awful lot of times in just a few sentences.

My groin.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"England and America are two countries separated by a common language." --George Bernard Shaw

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: September 15, 2011, 04:37:23 pm »
bet after Glen's re-injury they are going to be extra cautious.

Offline CANADAlglish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1586 on: September 15, 2011, 04:41:24 pm »
"If Lucas could pass to stevie's feet, he wouldnt have a groin problem"
was a common joke. . . . . there s no joking now,.

miss ya stevie!
Alex has had a long time to nurse that groin. . . my groin . . .
Super performance groin. . NOW WITH BETTER NUMBERS!

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1587 on: September 15, 2011, 04:51:34 pm »
All this worrying about Stevie is giving me a migroin

Offline mBake_LFC

• Main Stander
  • No one is inspired by the nothing you do..
« Reply #1588 on: September 15, 2011, 04:54:43 pm »

hahaha - nice one.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: September 15, 2011, 05:24:03 pm »
I'm sure it's just a fitness thing rather than whether his injury is fully healed or not.

Best continue to treat him gently. A 20-min appearance in the cup next week will do.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: September 15, 2011, 05:41:39 pm »
A shame he can't be involved Sunday.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #1591 on: September 15, 2011, 06:40:06 pm »
I know it would be silly to rush him back and wishful thinking and all that... but have there been any official comments from anyone involved at the club that Gerrard wont feature on Sunday?
-YNWA-

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1592 on: September 15, 2011, 07:28:08 pm »
We are not groin' to rush him...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: September 15, 2011, 07:31:07 pm »
Looks like its just a fitness issue and not the injury itself. Probably just needs more aerobic exercise to be able to take part in a fully fledged game.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: September 15, 2011, 07:44:23 pm »

80 minutes against Everton. You've got to throw the blueshite a bone here, after all they are going through they could do with something to cheer, and as history has shown for Evertonians it is;
Gerrard substitution > three points.
The battering part is fine by me though.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1595 on: September 15, 2011, 08:02:03 pm »
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1596 on: September 15, 2011, 08:06:27 pm »
Personally I would love us to give Stevie as close to a full pre-season build up as we can. Let him take his time build up his fitness gradually and let him gain the long term benefits that a full pre-season brings.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: September 15, 2011, 08:11:22 pm »
As we saw with Glen against Stoke, play a player too early back from injury and it only ends up badly. We need to make sure he's 101% ready.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: September 15, 2011, 08:13:43 pm »
He needs to be gradually introduced back into things. There is absolutely no point in rushing him back.

Its just so tempting though because he's stevie g, and I bet he's banging on Kenny's door now!

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: September 15, 2011, 08:35:57 pm »
Personally I would love us to give Stevie as close to a full pre-season build up as we can. Let him take his time build up his fitness gradually and let him gain the long term benefits that a full pre-season brings.

Only sensible option.
Judging by the severity of the injury and length of the lay off, we cannot take any more risks with him.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.