Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 592111 times)

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4200 on: February 19, 2020, 04:41:39 pm »
Good on him. I'd love it if he moved there and won something with them. Maybe help stick one over City during their games.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #4201 on: February 19, 2020, 07:02:07 pm »
Good move for him, I’ll be sorry to see him leave
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4202 on: February 19, 2020, 07:12:24 pm »
Fair enough to the people who were saying for 4 years that Klopp was going to get rid of him, you see, you were right all along.

Joking aside, a good move for him, great club where he won't have to play every minute or fight to avoid relegation like crazy. Hopefully with Minamino's and Jones' minutes being increased next season we won't have a lot of trouble filling in for him.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4203 on: February 19, 2020, 07:18:46 pm »
Good move for him, I’ll be sorry to see him leave

Feel he will go aboard myself

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4204 on: February 19, 2020, 07:19:39 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51556874

Adam Lallana to leave on a free at the end of the season.
I remember his arrival in 2014. Didn't have the best debut season, but improved massively under Klopp. 2016/17 he was remarkable. Maybe our best player that season.

Looks like a top guy, always willing and full of energy. Definitely can play his part for a club like Arsenal or Leicester and I hope he does well wherever he goes.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4205 on: February 19, 2020, 08:27:24 pm »
Sad he's going, lovely player, just a shame about his injuries, but at least he'll have ended his time here with a good few medals. He'll be a very good acquisition for whoever gets him. Leicester makes sense. Arsenal should be going in for him too.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4206 on: February 19, 2020, 08:42:24 pm »
Wish him well.
Always comes across as a nice guy and has bags of skill.

When we were going to sign him all those years back I was made up.
He was arguably S'ton's best player at that time and their captain. I thought we had screwed them over again! :)
Unfortunately injuries have blighted his continuity and success with us.
But he's defo a classy player that bought into Klopp's methods as best he could.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #4207 on: February 19, 2020, 08:52:37 pm »
Feel he will go aboard myself

HMS Leicester?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4208 on: February 19, 2020, 08:57:53 pm »
Sad to hear and wish him all the luck in the future, as he has unfortunately not had much luck in the last two years. A good servant, whom was part of the initial change to what has made us what we are today, so for that, I'll be forever grateful and bear him no grudges in the future....unless he scores against us of course!!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4209 on: February 19, 2020, 09:14:14 pm »
HMS Leicester?

Ha ha no chance with his hair.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4210 on: February 19, 2020, 09:38:53 pm »
It's a shame as he had worked his socks off for the team. On his day he pressed more than anyone and had great control of the ball. He was the type of player we needed last night.

He can hold his head up high as he did everything he could for us.
#JFT97

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4211 on: February 19, 2020, 10:04:16 pm »
Who will be the new Nivea rep when he goes?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4212 on: February 19, 2020, 10:23:00 pm »
Who will be the new Nivea rep when he goes?

Alisson? He definitely needs some.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4213 on: February 19, 2020, 10:33:13 pm »
Bet he will be injury free at his new club just like ings. amazing how many times that happens when a injury-prone player moves to lesser clubs

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4214 on: February 20, 2020, 01:37:01 am »
Bet he will be injury free at his new club just like ings. amazing how many times that happens when a injury-prone player moves to lesser clubs

To be fair hes been fit most of this season, he just can't get into the team these days

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: February 20, 2020, 02:10:06 am »
I would be happy if we offered a deal that suited us/him for at least another 12 months.

He has been a good squad guy over his time with us and would be a good guy on the bench next year if he stayed - understand that he may not be feeling fantastic about that but would like us to put him in the position to have to make that decision. I feel we owe him that at least as he does have some great football ahead of him if he stays injury free.

There is always room for a good pro with the right attitude (Milner/McAllister spring to mind).

But if Adam needs to play on a more week to week basis and I mean "needs" to play - then letting him go on a free . . . is a decent "Thank You" from the club.

A classy player for us - a glimmer of optimism - thank you.

BOOM!  shit, just broke another Mic!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4216 on: February 20, 2020, 04:31:52 am »
Sad he's going, lovely player, just a shame about his injuries, but at least he'll have ended his time here with a good few medals. He'll be a very good acquisition for whoever gets him. Leicester makes sense. Arsenal should be going in for him too.

to be honest I don't see him featuring all that regularly for Leicester either. They have a few good young midfielders. There are lots of clubs he can go to and make better on a free though. He's still got outstanding technique and he'd absolutely be boss in a league where there was less emphasis on pace and power. I'm not averse to him staying either, but to be fair, I don't think we need him to stay. We already have lots of top quality CM's and I would have thought Curtis Jones takes Lallana's place in the squad next season. There's also Marko Grujic too.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4217 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:51 am »
to be honest I don't see him featuring all that regularly for Leicester either. They have a few good young midfielders. There are lots of clubs he can go to and make better on a free though. He's still got outstanding technique and he'd absolutely be boss in a league where there was less emphasis on pace and power. I'm not averse to him staying either, but to be fair, I don't think we need him to stay. We already have lots of top quality CM's and I would have thought Curtis Jones takes Lallana's place in the squad next season. There's also Marko Grujic too.

That's why he'd be so great for them. If a team needed to play him every game, his body would break down. This way he plays for a really good team and doesn't have the pressure of starting every game.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4218 on: February 20, 2020, 08:24:57 am »
It's a shame as he had worked his socks off for the team. On his day he pressed more than anyone and had great control of the ball. He was the type of player we needed last night.

He can hold his head up high as he did everything he could for us.

I don't think he would've added anything to our play on Tuesday except make our build up slower. It's not like we had trouble keeping the ball. He never quite reached the heights hoped of him but had a lot of  good patches and this last 2 seasons has always done a job when asked. He gave his all to the club and clearly klopp felt he was a positive influence. A bit like sturridge He's still got a few seasons left in him and is good enough to continue high level football so seems the right move for all concerned.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4219 on: February 20, 2020, 08:28:29 am »
I don't think he would've added anything to our play on Tuesday except make our build up slower. It's not like we had trouble keeping the ball. He never quite reached the heights hoped of him but had a lot of  good patches and this last 2 seasons has always done a job when asked. He gave his all to the club and clearly klopp felt he was a positive influence. A bit like sturridge He's still got a few seasons left in him and is good enough to continue high level football so seems the right move for all concerned.
Do people still honestly think this shit is true.........
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4220 on: February 20, 2020, 08:30:46 am »
was really happy when we bought him. Thought he was an excellent player...

Injuries haven't been kind to the fella but he's always given his best and been professional throughout. Good luck to him
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4221 on: February 20, 2020, 11:02:59 am »
He’s chipped in with some excellent goals and assists so will be looked back on fondly by LFC family, especially the Utd equalizer. Good luck to him.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4222 on: February 20, 2020, 01:03:58 pm »

Nope I think he would have, his got arguably the best touch and control in the squad, can twist players inside and out, make smart passes and always looks to go forward, think in hindsight he would have made a difference with the way he is playing, having a player who can hold onto the ball and draw players in is as much benefit in that situation as a player who moves it off quickly, generally the players who have had the most joy against Atlético has been the likes of Messi, Hazard, Isco Modric etc for this exact reason.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4223 on: February 20, 2020, 01:15:53 pm »
How will Henderson survive without his best mate. I read somewhere that they always have adjoining rooms in hotels for away games

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4224 on: February 20, 2020, 01:25:00 pm »
Nope I think he would have, his got arguably the best touch and control in the squad, can twist players inside and out, make smart passes and always looks to go forward, think in hindsight he would have made a difference with the way he is playing, having a player who can hold onto the ball and draw players in is as much benefit in that situation as a player who moves it off quickly, generally the players who have had the most joy against Atlético has been the likes of Messi, Hazard, Isco Modric etc for this exact reason.
Aye, he would have probably given us a different option. I thought we kept trying to do the same thing despite that not working. He'll be good for Leicester as he will not need to play every match (he hasn't here, either) but will maintain a high level when selected.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: February 20, 2020, 04:00:31 pm »
He’s chipped in with some excellent goals and assists so will be looked back on fondly by LFC family, especially the Utd equalizer. Good luck to him.

More to come yet.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4226 on: February 20, 2020, 04:33:54 pm »
On his best day he is a game changer from the area of the park that could do with  a wee injection of quality / consistency. That is where Adam suffered as I dont think he ever gave us a full season without injury curbing his form. I be surprised to hear if he ever started 5 games in a row for us and that was a pity as he had tremendous potential in the same vein as Sturridge perhaps. I love to see Jurgen up the anti in the same manner he replaced Karius with Alisson. Most posters at the time were penciling in Karius as our #1 and Klopp just pulled the rugs from us all by producing a rabbit from the hat. This summer why not do the same and get a world class starter for the attacking CM slot.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:35:39 pm by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4227 on: February 20, 2020, 04:55:49 pm »
Always remember that mad 5-4 game when he scored the winner and Jurgen ended up getting his glasses knocked
off during the touchline celebrations.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4228 on: February 20, 2020, 05:28:21 pm »
To be fair hes been fit most of this season, he just can't get into the team these days

he gets injured after playing 2 games. could have played lot more past month if not for injury

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #4229 on: February 20, 2020, 11:18:57 pm »
One of the best solo performances of the season was Lallana’s vs Everton in the cup. He was absolutely everywhere. I hope if he does leave, he goes somewhere where he will be guaranteed football week in week out as he’s a joy to watch when fit. I doubt he would get that at Leicester but least he would be in the squad and playing CL football.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4230 on: February 20, 2020, 11:38:26 pm »

Fair enough but I completely disagee.

He doesn’t slow the game down when he has the ball. He generally tries to be positive and moves the ball quickly. He has very good close control and is hard to get the ball off. He is constantly changing directions and can go past his marker. His pressing is 2nd to none. He’s exactly the type of player we need against tight defences.

I’m hoping that Keita and Minamino will be equally as good.
#JFT97

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4231 on: February 21, 2020, 12:42:24 am »
Likeable bloke but has contributed next to 0 on the field in about 3 years. No surprise we won’t be renewing.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #4232 on: February 21, 2020, 02:28:41 am »
Surprised Leicester are interested, he's so injury prone. Hope he gets there and is able to keep the injuries at bay, so long as he doesn't perform against us

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4233 on: February 21, 2020, 06:46:44 am »
Always a good player, better when moved back to midfield where has has a bit more time.

Main issue was of course injuries, and how long he takes to get back up to speed (he'd be off it for around a month or so after each injury, by which time he was usually injured again)

Fantastic option to have but not quite good enough to be pushing in on a possible first team spot. Wish him all the luck, will be fantastic for any team (maybe not Leicster if Rodgers plays him further forward again, where it did not work in his first season for us)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4234 on: February 21, 2020, 09:21:47 am »
Likeable bloke but has contributed next to 0 on the field in about 3 years. No surprise we won’t be renewing.
This season alone he's scored the equalising goal against United that kept our unbeaten record going.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4235 on: February 21, 2020, 10:38:37 am »
Good move for all. Also nice that he'll be leaving on a high. He's had a good season this year, making a couple of important contributions and marshalling the young side to the win over Everton (he was outstanding). Jones will probably move up in the pecking order in his place.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4236 on: February 21, 2020, 10:49:43 am »
Good move for all. Also nice that he'll be leaving on a high. He's had a good season this year, making a couple of important contributions and marshalling the young side to the win over Everton (he was outstanding). Jones will probably move up in the pecking order in his place.

Jones needs games and a run of them so I can see him going out on loan. No point doing s Brewster on him.

Yeah, Lallana leaving with a few more medals will be nice. Has a massive part to play if he stays fit

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4237 on: February 21, 2020, 10:50:54 am »

Utter nonsense. Forget about the goal he scored against Utd  and Everton game then?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4238 on: February 21, 2020, 10:52:56 am »
This season alone he's scored the equalising goal against United that kept our unbeaten record going.

And turned the WCC final around after being subbed on. And playing well in the derby league game. And captaining and playing brilliantly in the FA cup derby game, playing a huge part in keeping our 21st century anfield record in tact.

Even if you reduce that guys statement to the last three months it's clearly bollocks, let alone three years.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4239 on: February 21, 2020, 03:15:26 pm »
Lallana's biggest contribution for me will always be that goal against Middlesbrough that opened the door to the Champions League.

For his sake, I hope he goes somewhere he gets to start games when fit. I doubt Leicester is that place at the moment. I think his style of play would be well-suited to Spanish football, but I doubt he speaks the language even with his ancestry so might not be of that big interest to him.
Linudden.