Author Topic: Bomb incident at Liverpool Womens Hospital  (Read 13770 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Bomb incident at Liverpool Womens Hospital
« on: November 14, 2021, 02:27:10 pm »
Does anyone know what's happened outside the Women's Hospital? I saw a massive plume of black smoke earlier from over there, and my neighbour said someone blew themselves up outside the hospital. The helicopter has been up for ages now. Actual news seems thin on the ground as yet though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 02:20:55 pm by John C »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 02:38:27 pm »
Does anyone know what's happened outside the Women's Hospital? I saw a massive plume of black smoke earlier from over there, and my neighbour said someone blew themselves up outside the hospital. The helicopter has been up for ages now. Actual news seems thin on the ground as yet though.

Seems to be conflicting events..just a car on fire or something more sinister, rumours flying it's the latter of those..especially with the bomb squad arriving at the scene & the helicopter out.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 02:40:23 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 02:51:27 pm »
Yes, conflicting stories at the moment. Lots of speculation.

My neighbour said a taxi driver was hurt with ear damage due to the explosion, but that's all I've heard regarding casualties.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 02:53:32 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 02:53:35 pm »
Who the hell blows themselves up outside a fricking women's hospital??  :o
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 03:05:48 pm »
Looks like a simple car fire, looking at the damage done,  they'd be far more damage if it was suicide bomb.
#Sausages

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 03:08:26 pm »
Looks like a simple car fire, looking at the damage done,  they'd be far more damage if it was suicide bomb.

Yeah, I think people are speculating because of the date and time but, not that any of it makes sense, why a small explosion outside a hospital. 

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 03:14:19 pm »
Yeah, I think people are speculating because of the date and time but, not that any of it makes sense, why a small explosion outside a hospital.

Yeah, but thinking logicaly, that's the last place you'd carry out a suicide bomb attack, you'd go to a far busier location, in the City Centre than there.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 03:38:05 pm »

Yeah, looking at this image it certainly doesn't look like anything other than a car fire

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 03:48:28 pm »
Yeah, I remember once when a car caught fire in the early hours by my house.  We thought it was stolen at first, but it turned out the milkman had been driving to work and it just started smoking. Maybe the tires bursting through the heat can sound a bit like an explosion.

If you're going to blow something up, parking up outside a nightclub around 1am is a far better bet.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 03:57:38 pm »
One person has died and another is seriously injured but not life threatening.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 04:10:30 pm »

Aye got that earlier too..along with 'accidentally set off in taxi intending to go into the ozzy, taxi driver seriously injured'.
..and to be vigilant.  :(

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 04:12:11 pm »
Yep, I just saw the statement from Merseyside Police.

One dead, one serious injury and counter-terrorism police are leading the investigation.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 04:26:05 pm »
Aye got that earlier too..along with 'accidentally set off in taxi intending to go into the ozzy, taxi driver seriously injured'.
..and to be vigilant.  :(

If this is the case, I can only assume that the attacker's device somehow activated prematurely. Perhaps only partially.

Still can't imagine why they'd target a hospital, unless they consider it an easy target. Or maybe they were some kind of zealot who thinks it represents a level of female autonomy they don't like.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 04:29:26 pm »
Yep, I just saw the statement from Merseyside Police.

One dead, one serious injury and counter-terrorism police are leading the investigation.

To be expected when loud bangs are heard. Burning cars do tend to bang as things like tyres and windows go, plus the airbags will explode.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2021, 04:32:02 pm »
What happened with that incident outside the Royal the other week? Never did catch an update on how that one played out. Could be entirely unrelated, of course. Bit weird though.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2021, 05:42:12 pm »
Rumours (mostly from far right sources) flying around everywhere as expected. Sickening how in the absence of any concrete news any event (even with fatalities) is immediately politicised and used to spread hate and narratives. All we know is one person has lost their life and another is injured, nothing more confirmed as yet.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 05:51:00 pm »
The Independent have just published a tweet referring to it as a “car bomb”. Incredibly irresponsible reporting as no other source has yet confirmed this.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2021, 05:59:58 pm »
Car fires, especially in this city, are bread and butter for the fire service and police etc.

The level of response to this, coupled with the statements and now houses raided in Sefton Park and Boaler Street, makes it sound a bit worrying.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 06:06:50 pm »
Rumours (mostly from far right sources) flying around everywhere as expected. Sickening how in the absence of any concrete news any event (even with fatalities) is immediately politicised and used to spread hate and narratives. All we know is one person has lost their life and another is injured, nothing more confirmed as yet.

Aye. I don't mind speculating a bit in here as we all know that's exactly what it is - just speculating. But out on social media it's Chinese whispers - within a few retellings it becomes distorted and yet taken as gospel.  I've actually posted on facebook warning against spreading rumours. I've already had one mate in London asking me about bombs.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 06:07:19 pm »
Car fires, especially in this city, are bread and butter for the fire service and police etc.

The level of response to this, coupled with the statements and now houses raided in Sefton Park and Boaler Street, makes it sound a bit worrying.

Yeah it’s defo worrying but thick racist dickheads weaponising it already does nothing to help

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2021, 06:28:53 pm »
Yeah it’s defo worrying but thick racist dickheads weaponising it already does nothing to help
just as likely to be some conspiracy nutcase anti vax twat than anything else given that a hospital appears to be targeted. If indeed it is a car bomb of course
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2021, 07:10:23 pm »
Doors going in in separate locations, videos appearing with armed Police going in.
That's not normally the case with a car electrical fault..certainly should be concerned about it.
They obviously won't be releasing any news anytime soon.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2021, 07:14:47 pm »
Three men now arrested under Terrorism Act according to the BBC

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2021, 07:25:23 pm »

The police were really quick sealing off what I think was Rutland Avenue just off Ullet Road this morning. I saw the plume of black smoke from the car fire as I was getting ready to go to Asda on Smithdown. I only went for milk so didn't take long at all. As I drove down Ullet on the way back the police had already sealed off Rutland.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2021, 07:29:13 pm »
what the fuck goes through the heads of these people, targeting a hospital
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2021, 07:31:06 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2021, 07:31:29 pm »
I've just seen this. Males aged 29, 26 and 21 arrested.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2021, 07:32:21 pm »
what the fuck goes through the heads of these people, targeting a hospital
A bullet, hopefully.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2021, 07:32:34 pm »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2021, 07:32:45 pm »
If you want to cause maximum damage with a terror attack then a hospital (without an A&E) foyer/entrance on a Sunday morning is not the place you'd choose to do it.

Of course the time of the incident could be significant, 11am on remembrance Sunday. But the damage to the car is what you'd expect to see if you poured a touch of petrol inside and let it burn, not a 'bomb' or explosion. It is a weird one.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2021, 07:38:27 pm »
If you want to cause maximum damage with a terror attack then a hospital (without an A&E) foyer/entrance on a Sunday morning is not the place you'd choose to do it.

Of course the time of the incident could be significant, 11am on remembrance Sunday. But the damage to the car is what you'd expect to see if you poured a touch of petrol inside and let it burn, not a 'bomb' or explosion. It is a weird one.

Pretty sure the newborn baby unit is above reception there, thank fuck he didn't get that far.
Unconfirmed but loads saying the taxi driver had locked him in the cab when he was sussed..lost an ear & got shrapnel wounds..if that is the case he's a fucking hero.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2021, 07:39:49 pm »

Yep, looks very much like an attack now. Believe it’s the attacker who died and the injured person his okay, hopefully that’s one rumour that’s true and they failed.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2021, 07:41:12 pm »
Pretty sure the newborn baby unit is above reception there, thank fuck he didn't get that far.
Unconfirmed but loads saying the taxi driver had locked him in the cab when he was sussed..lost an ear & got shrapnel wounds..if that is the case he's a fucking hero.

I might totally be on the wrong line here mate, and there could well be another angle to it but I'm just thinking out loud. Yeah, I've heard the exact same story as you in regards to the taxi driver locking the passenger in (I heard a female but again, all speculation).

Thank god they didn't get inside as you say. It just doesn't bear to think about.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2021, 07:42:23 pm »

Don’t know the place well, maybe the taxi was asked to go elsewhere and he’s noticed something and gone there instead? Is it away from the entrance and people?

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2021, 07:55:55 pm »
Doing the rounds on Twitter

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2021, 08:01:25 pm »
Don’t know the place well, maybe the taxi was asked to go elsewhere and he’s noticed something and gone there instead? Is it away from the entrance and people?
I've only been there once or twice, but it looks right outside the main entrance to me.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2021, 08:03:00 pm »
I've only been there once or twice, but it looks right outside the main entrance to me.

Yeah, there is a roundabout just before you go in and depending on what way you're approaching the roundabout determines whether you turn left or go right or whatever. But the turn off takes you to the road that leads to where it happened.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2021, 08:23:38 pm »
Been another explosion in Kenny apparently

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2021, 08:29:16 pm »
Been another explosion in Kenny apparently

Police made arrests there today. IF there has been another explosion it could well be a controlled one undertaken by the police or army.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2021, 08:32:03 pm »
A car apparently. Video going round. Debris everywhere. Loads of people just standing round watching. Can't see any tape or cordened area.

Edit... now some are saying its not kenny and the gas explosion in wirral other year. Others saying its right now

:-\
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 08:34:31 pm by Spezialo »