Author Topic: Scooters  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Scooters
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:01:36 pm »
Has anyone tried using the electric scooters to get to and from the ground?

There are loads of them by Sandhills station and at the bottom of Anfield Road and you can see them scattered around in odd places as well, I think you just pick them up or dump them wherever you want.

There's a few upward slopes between Sandhills and the ground, are the scooters powerful enough to be able to transport a large gentleman up an incline or would I have the embarrassment of having to get off and push?

I reckon that on the way from the ground I'd pick up enough speed to be able to get my knee down at the bottom of Everton Valley.
Legacy fan

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Scooters
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 02:04:16 pm »
I am always perplexed at how these get charged up.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 02:04:40 pm »
Has anyone tried using the electric scooters to get to and from the ground?

There are loads of them by Sandhills station and at the bottom of Anfield Road and you can see them scattered around in odd places as well, I think you just pick them up or dump them wherever you want.

There's a few upward slopes between Sandhills and the ground, are the scooters powerful enough to be able to transport a large gentleman up an incline or would I have the embarrassment of having to get off and push?

I reckon that on the way from the ground I'd pick up enough speed to be able to get my knee down at the bottom of Everton Valley.
I used one from lime street last night and seemed easy enough, you have to park them in a designated area but there's loads about the area, the Voi app gives all the details

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 02:05:26 pm »
I am always perplexed at how these get charged up.
I am too but the one I had was like 90 odd %

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 02:09:16 pm »
I used one from lime street last night and seemed easy enough, you have to park them in a designated area but there's loads about the area, the Voi app gives all the details

Did you have a helmet or not bother? Did it get up the hill ok?
Legacy fan

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 02:10:55 pm »
Did you have a helmet or not bother? Did it get up the hill ok?
didn't bother with a helmet and haven't seen many with one, yeah it got up the hill sound, definitely went faster than I expected

Online courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 02:25:37 pm »
There is a thread on these in the news section.

I used one last night as was running late. Grabbed one at Bank Hall and got to the corner of Stanley Park/Anfield Road in about 4 mins.

The app decent to navigate. You have to register your drivers licence etc first.

Really easy to use. Parked up. Took a photo of it parked up and all done.

Also you can complete a course on the app to get a £5 credit. Bit like a theory test.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 02:26:43 pm »

I used one last night as was running late. Grabbed one at Bank Hall and got to the corner of Stanley Park/Anfield Road in about 4 mins.

The app decent to navigate. You have to register your drivers licence etc first.

Also you can complete a course on the app to get a £5 credit. Bit like a theory test.
i got a warning about my parking bastards

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 02:29:40 pm »

Only saw the other thread after I posted but I suppose my query was about using them for match travel rather than general use.

Did you use a helmet or feel like you should have done?

Is the bottom of Anfield Road the closest you can get to the ground?
Legacy fan

Online courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 02:35:51 pm »
Only saw the other thread after I posted but I suppose my query was about using them for match travel rather than general use.

Did you use a helmet or feel like you should have done?

Is the bottom of Anfield Road the closest you can get to the ground?

Sorry I wasn't having a go haha! To be honest the other thread is about the danger and people being idiots on them.

No I didn't have a helmet. To be honest it didn't feel like it went that fast to warrant one. But I wasn't really on any main roads bar a bit of Stanley Road

I probably could have gone up past the King Harry up towards the Kop but I wasn't sure whether I could leave it there. Just saw loads by Stanley Park so left it there
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 02:59:21 pm »
Sorry I wasn't having a go haha! To be honest the other thread is about the danger and people being idiots on them.

No I didn't have a helmet. To be honest it didn't feel like it went that fast to warrant one. But I wasn't really on any main roads bar a bit of Stanley Road

I probably could have gone up past the King Harry up towards the Kop but I wasn't sure whether I could leave it there. Just saw loads by Stanley Park so left it there

Saw a few last night parked on Blessington Road which is the road between the King Harry and Walton Breck Road but that might not have been an official parking place, didn't notice any markings on the pavement.
Legacy fan

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 03:05:16 pm »
Those scooters are fucking everywhere, I've never used one but I think you can just pick them up and leave them wherever and a scooter fairy comes round at night and collects them all, charges them up and puts them back where ever they live.

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 03:05:51 pm »
Used them a couple times to get around the city now, used one last night and got banned for riding on the pavement when I was trying to find a place to park it  :butt

Defo a good use of transport especially if you’re heading back to catch a train/bus
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 03:22:14 pm »
Was loads all the way up Oakfield on the way out last night, some poor guy went arse over tit on one with his keebab in hand right in front of us. Haven't used one yet but reckon once I do an get the hang of it I'll be using them all the time.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2021, 04:47:10 pm »
Those scooters are fucking everywhere, I've never used one but I think you can just pick them up and leave them wherever and a scooter fairy comes round at night and collects them all, charges them up and puts them back where ever they live.
Now you mention this I'm sure South Park did something on this ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Cabbie

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 03:59:30 pm »
I’ve used them a couple of times. Bit of a game changer is like me you wanna make the London train after a 17:30 kickoff. Only takes 10 mins back to Lime street. Downside is I can’t get mobile reception near the ground so have to go a couple streets away🤔