Author Topic: Holidays - UK or abroad?  (Read 43535 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Holidays - UK or abroad?
« Reply #80 on: April 1, 2021, 03:26:27 pm »
Thanks all, we're very excited!

Only slight issue is that I'm not fantastic about flying. I used to not mind it at all but the last few years I've been getting worse and worse every time, last time I got on a plane was going Palermo in 2019 and I was walking up the steps shaking like a leaf absolutely convinced we were going to die, and I started crying during take-off. Can't even imagine what I'll be like going basically the other side of the world, but I'm trying not to think about it otherwise I'll spend the next 18 months or so winding myself up ;D
A good friend of mine has long held a fear of flying, we went on a stag do to Hamburg in 2018 and he spent about quadruple to get there via taxis and trains, rather than fly.

He paid £170 for a course at Manchester Airport that tackles fear of flying. Apparently very interactive, with a lot of other people in the same boat, where they discuss their fears and are given some decent info about how safe it is. They even stick you in a motion simulator. I'm not sure if that's your bag and it takes a whole day (maybe even two) but my mate came out of it with a new perspective and flew to Cyprus with us not long after. To go from not coping with an hour to Hamburg to being fine on a 5 hour to Cyprus within 12 months was impressive.

He hasn't flown since and I've not seen him since before the pandemic, so when we do touch base again I'll try and gauge whether he thinks it's been effective long term.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 1, 2021, 03:57:28 pm »

Only slight issue is that I'm not fantastic about flying. I used to not mind it at all but the last few years I've been getting worse and worse every time, last time I got on a plane was going Palermo in 2019 and I was walking up the steps shaking like a leaf absolutely convinced we were going to die, and I started crying during take-off. Can't even imagine what I'll be like going basically the other side of the world, but I'm trying not to think about it otherwise I'll spend the next 18 months or so winding myself up ;D

Has something happened during a flight that might cause this?

My wife used to have a passport with more stamps than Judith Chalmers and has always been OK with flying all around the world. Over the past few years, and I don't know if it down to turbulence we've experienced, or because we now have kids, but she really dreads flying now and has to neck a wine or five to settle her down. If we hit turbulence now she's white as a sheet while me and the kids are laughing and pissing about.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #82 on: April 1, 2021, 04:02:09 pm »

You’ve survived coronavirus

You can tweak the nose of the fear of flying now
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #83 on: April 1, 2021, 04:44:12 pm »
Has something happened during a flight that might cause this?

My wife used to have a passport with more stamps than Judith Chalmers and has always been OK with flying all around the world. Over the past few years, and I don't know if it down to turbulence we've experienced, or because we now have kids, but she really dreads flying now and has to neck a wine or five to settle her down. If we hit turbulence now she's white as a sheet while me and the kids are laughing and pissing about.

Nope, every flight I've been on has passed without issue bar maybe a bit of very light turbulence here or there. I don't know if it's just getting older (sense of mortality etc) or maybe watching too much Air Crash Investigation after school has belatedly triggered something in my brain but I'm terrible about it now.

Edit: Will defo be having a drink or dozen in Manchester airport ;D

A good friend of mine has long held a fear of flying, we went on a stag do to Hamburg in 2018 and he spent about quadruple to get there via taxis and trains, rather than fly.

He paid £170 for a course at Manchester Airport that tackles fear of flying. Apparently very interactive, with a lot of other people in the same boat, where they discuss their fears and are given some decent info about how safe it is. They even stick you in a motion simulator. I'm not sure if that's your bag and it takes a whole day (maybe even two) but my mate came out of it with a new perspective and flew to Cyprus with us not long after. To go from not coping with an hour to Hamburg to being fine on a 5 hour to Cyprus within 12 months was impressive.

He hasn't flown since and I've not seen him since before the pandemic, so when we do touch base again I'll try and gauge whether he thinks it's been effective long term.

Sounds interesting mate, might look into that because I don't want it to ruin my excitement or overshadow the holiday thinking about having to fly (we'll also have some internal flights so there's that to contend with as well).
« Last Edit: April 1, 2021, 04:48:39 pm by Snail »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #84 on: April 1, 2021, 04:47:16 pm »
A good friend of mine has long held a fear of flying...

...Apparently very interactive, with a lot of other people in the same boat

A novel way of dealing with it.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: April 1, 2021, 05:45:52 pm »
Sounds like a fantastic trip Sian hope it all goes smoothly for you both.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 1, 2021, 05:57:29 pm »
Nope, every flight I've been on has passed without issue bar maybe a bit of very light turbulence here or there. I don't know if it's just getting older (sense of mortality etc) or maybe watching too much Air Crash Investigation after school has belatedly triggered something in my brain but I'm terrible about it now.

Edit: Will defo be having a drink or dozen in Manchester airport ;D

Sounds interesting mate, might look into that because I don't want it to ruin my excitement or overshadow the holiday thinking about having to fly (we'll also have some internal flights so there's that to contend with as well).

You're too young for that, leave that stuff til you hit yours 50's !!

I just remembered that for a few years, every time we were due to fly, there was at least on plane crash, Sully ditching in the Hudson, the Air France from Brazil, MH370 and both 737 Max crashes. That might have bothered her.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #87 on: April 2, 2021, 11:51:17 am »
I go camping on my own in the UK fairly often (Missus hates camping) but wouldn't consider an actual holiday in the UK as it's a massive, massive total waste of money.

Everything compared to pretty much anywhere you'd ever travel is so expensive and the last thing I want to do on holiday is hang around fucking British people. I travel all over the world to try and get away from the fuckers.

I don't mind bumping into the odd one and might even have a pint with them, but it's horrible really. Nothing against them, but once you 'team up' with British couples then all you end up talking about is Politics, Football, The State of the Road, Politics, Politicians, Crappy Entertainment shite and other things that you don't want to be talking about on a beach in the Carribean thanks very much.

So. I think we'll keep our powder dry, look around at the options, see how safe it seems to be and then pick one of the places we've been a few times where we won't leave the grounds and basically stay in a bit more than we used to.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #88 on: April 2, 2021, 12:20:54 pm »
Where do you all go that's cheaper than the UK cos I've never found anything abroad that is?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I'd say most places in the world are way cheaper than the UK.

The exceptions are (not Barbados as someone said earlier - they probably just visit the expensive places or haven't been there enough not to be ripped off - and you can be, certainly) - but the following places seem to be really expensive no matter where you go;

Netherland Antilles, Belgium, Estonia, Ireland, Cyprus, Japan, Sinagpore, UAE, Madeira, France (Much of it in the places I've been), Monaco, Italy, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Russia, some Carribean Islands like the Bahamas, Cayman Islands and the US Virgin Islands but not most of them - I think we've been to them all..

All the other places I've been (Too many to list, sorry :) ) have been pretty reasonable or some research has found pretty reasonable prices.

Everywhere else I've been around the world, seems pretty reasonable..

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #89 on: April 2, 2021, 01:09:13 pm »
Portugal is dead cheap, Porto and Lisbon both (more Porto, the LIVERPOOL OF PORTUGAL)

As ever get away from tourism hotspots and you won't pay much at all. Bottles of Duoro valley red for 6 euro. HAPPY HOUR. And Happy Hour continued because I knew how to say OBRIGADO

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 2, 2021, 01:25:55 pm »
I'd say most places in the world are way cheaper than the UK.

The exceptions are (not Barbados as someone said earlier - they probably just visit the expensive places or haven't been there enough not to be ripped off - and you can be, certainly) - but the following places seem to be really expensive no matter where you go;

Netherland Antilles, Belgium, Estonia, Ireland, Cyprus, Japan, Sinagpore, UAE, Madeira, France (Much of it in the places I've been), Monaco, Italy, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Russia, some Carribean Islands like the Bahamas, Cayman Islands and the US Virgin Islands but not most of them - I think we've been to them all..

All the other places I've been (Too many to list, sorry :) ) have been pretty reasonable or some research has found pretty reasonable prices.

Everywhere else I've been around the world, seems pretty reasonable..

I've still never found anywhere that can do a week self-catering in a detached cottage, 5mins walk to a beach for 2 people, for less than £400 like I do in the uk though.

Even taking £100 for diesel to get there, back and travelling whilst away I've still never found anywhere cheaper.

Few years ago I looked into all the family going away together, 3 couples and 3 kids so needing 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  I found a place in Cornwall on a holiday complex with everything on site for less than £1k between us.  I then checked all the amazing deals abroad where the kids went free and the cheapest I found was £3.5k.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #91 on: April 2, 2021, 01:36:21 pm »
Portugal is dead cheap, Porto and Lisbon both (more Porto, the LIVERPOOL OF PORTUGAL)

As ever get away from tourism hotspots and you won't pay much at all. Bottles of Duoro valley red for 6 euro. HAPPY HOUR. And Happy Hour continued because I knew how to say OBRIGADO

In Palermo you'll pay three euro for big bottles of beer and food is dead cheap as well, we stayed in this absolutely gorgeous apartment with two huge balconies front and back (honestly, I'd live there) and it was less than 80 euro a night with breakfast (cheese, meats, olives, all the good shit) thrown in every day. One of the best cities in the world, I can't wait to go back.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 2, 2021, 02:57:04 pm »

... but I'm trying not to think about it otherwise I'll spend the next 18 months or so winding myself up ;D

Must not think of fantastic holiday for 18 months, must not think of fantastic holiday for 18 months, must not think of fantastic holiday for 18 months...

Yeeah riiiiight!!!  :lmao :lmao
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 2, 2021, 04:18:47 pm »
The Algarve booked for the last week of August.

Seems a bit of a gamble but hoping there's no surprises when it comes around.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #94 on: April 2, 2021, 06:30:53 pm »
In Palermo you'll pay three euro for big bottles of beer and food is dead cheap as well, we stayed in this absolutely gorgeous apartment with two huge balconies front and back (honestly, I'd live there) and it was less than 80 euro a night with breakfast (cheese, meats, olives, all the good shit) thrown in every day. One of the best cities in the world, I can't wait to go back.

Sicily is comparable in these ways to the Portugal I described?

I think you just put me into my first post lockdown trip

Duly. fuckin. Noted. Thank you

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 2, 2021, 10:33:41 pm »
Had Antalya booked for September but not sure if it'll go ahead, number are skyrocketing over there and vaccine rollout has a long way to go, 15 million out of 82 million.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #96 on: April 3, 2021, 10:16:59 am »
I've still never found anywhere that can do a week self-catering in a detached cottage, 5mins walk to a beach for 2 people, for less than £400 like I do in the uk though.

Even taking £100 for diesel to get there, back and travelling whilst away I've still never found anywhere cheaper.

Few years ago I looked into all the family going away together, 3 couples and 3 kids so needing 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  I found a place in Cornwall on a holiday complex with everything on site for less than £1k between us.  I then checked all the amazing deals abroad where the kids went free and the cheapest I found was £3.5k.

Well you've randomly picked out a very specific set of criteria there :)

I'm not an expert on self-catering etc. abroad as I'm on holiday and the last thing I want to do is fuck about having to make my own stuff. Also we go out quite a lot, so if you want to go as cheaply as possible, make your own meals and not go out then yeah you're probably better staying local.

Maybe there are others on here that don't really like to holiday on holiday as well? Not really an area that I'm knowledgeable about..

If you wanted to look around though, you can get cheap flights to places like Barcelona with places liek Lloret De Mar up the road. Also Turkey and Greece are cheap to get to and the self-catering there is (from all accounts) very cheap. You also can drive to France or Spain and take a caravan, so that would be the cheapest option
« Last Edit: April 3, 2021, 10:42:03 am by Open the fucking pubs in Allerton »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 3, 2021, 03:31:19 pm »

I'm not an expert on self-catering etc. abroad as I'm on holiday and the last thing I want to do is fuck about having to make my own stuff. Also we go out quite a lot, so if you want to go as cheaply as possible, make your own meals and not go out then yeah you're probably better staying local.

Maybe there are others on here that don't really like to holiday on holiday as well? Not really an area that I'm knowledgeable about..

If you wanted to look around though, you can get cheap flights to places like Barcelona with places liek Lloret De Mar up the road. Also Turkey and Greece are cheap to get to and the self-catering there is (from all accounts) very cheap. You also can drive to France or Spain and take a caravan, so that would be the cheapest option

We go self catering so we can choose where or what we want to eat and we like to get out and about to see as much of the area as we can so we'd hate to be tied with all inclusive.

You're right though, everyone's different in what they want from a holiday as well as how much they're able or prepared to spend and our budget and what we want from a holiday means we prefer to stay in the UK.

Online Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 3, 2021, 05:33:49 pm »

I don't think cooking for yourself should be seen as "not holidaying on holiday", a big perk of self catering when abroad is going round the markets and interacting with the locals as well.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: April 8, 2021, 12:35:36 am »
Booked a caravan for 7 of us in the first week of August. The site is a stones throw away from durdle door in Dorset. Looks an absolutely stunning place. We've not had a proper holiday for 15 years.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 8, 2021, 02:10:44 am »
Have got flights booked back to the UK in June - however not sure if I'll move them
No idea what the current situation is with quarantine, what it will be, will any new variants compound issues and start over

Been vaccinated, so has my 16 year old son - Texas is ahead of the game on that one, by far.
Just my daughter to be vaccinated but she's at college and missed her appointment as she couldn't get out of class

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #101 on: April 8, 2021, 10:03:23 am »
Sicily is comparable in these ways to the Portugal I described?

I think you just put me into my first post lockdown trip

Duly. fuckin. Noted. Thank you

Get yourself on a trip up Mount Etna, it's brilliant. Although we had summer weather at the bottom and then a heavy snow at the top which meant we couldn't see a lot of it and nearly got lost in a blizzard. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 8, 2021, 04:23:30 pm »
We had rescheduled our three times cancelled Dubai trip to the end of May 2021, bit optimistic but waiting to see what Boris says regarding travel. We probably end up cancelling again, even if we're allowed to travel can imagine it being crazy busy.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: April 8, 2021, 04:27:00 pm »
Booked flights to Florence for end of July. GF's sister lives there and they haven't seen each other for nearly what will be about 18 months by then.

Staying with them so only had to book flights, and they're flexible if things are still shite by then.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 8, 2021, 04:35:26 pm »
We've got a holiday booked for October to Gran Canaria. I'm dubious about it but better chance than in the summer.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #105 on: April 8, 2021, 04:46:17 pm »
Booked flights to Florence for end of July. GF's sister lives there and they haven't seen each other for nearly what will be about 18 months by then.

Staying with them so only had to book flights, and they're flexible if things are still shite by then.
Beautiful city mate, my favourite in Italy. If you get the chance, go to a restaurant called Trattoria La Caslinga, near to the Basilica Di Santo Spirito, on the south side of the Arno not far from the Ponte Vecchio and even closer to Ponte Santa Trinita.

It's old school traditional Italian and might be the best restaurant meal I've ever had. It's not fancy or anything, more rustic, but sensational food. Definitely best Italian I've ever had by some stretch. Might want to book as it gets a fairly hefty queue like an hour before opening.

We've got a holiday booked for October to Gran Canaria. I'm dubious about it but better chance than in the summer.
Might just get away with it for then and weather should still be decent. We're holding off booking but would be going October because if it's the end of July by the time I'm jabbed it'll be end of October/November before we could probably go anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2021, 04:47:53 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #106 on: April 8, 2021, 04:52:27 pm »
I'm just accepting that I probably won't go back home to the UK this year. Gutting as well because my mates are off to the Highlands and would love to join. But doing internal holidays in Spain isn't the worst!

Planning to do the Camindo de Santiago in July for 2 weeks. Taking the Northern Coastal route. So looking forward to that one.

I have some family planning on flying here to Barcelona in September - so fingers crossed that is doable.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #107 on: April 8, 2021, 04:52:50 pm »
Beautiful city mate, my favourite in Italy. If you get the chance, go to a restaurant called Trattoria La Caslinga, near to the Basilica Di Santo Spirito, on the south side of the Arno not far from the Ponte Vecchio and even closer to Ponte Santa Trinita.

It's old school traditional Italian and might be the best restaurant meal I've ever had. It's not fancy or anything, more rustic, but sensational food. Definitely best Italian I've ever had by some stretch. Might want to book as it gets a fairly hefty queue like an hour before opening.

Thanks for the tip mate, will def check it out.

She's lived there for near 2 years but covid has stopped us getting out there so will be our first time in Florence annoyingly.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 8, 2021, 04:53:49 pm »
We had rescheduled our three times cancelled Dubai trip to the end of May 2021, bit optimistic but waiting to see what Boris says regarding travel. We probably end up cancelling again, even if we're allowed to travel can imagine it being crazy busy.

We should have been going there on Monday next, ours was also cancelled 3 times, not rebooking yet as missus has already booked Lanzarote for May/June (she paid £900 last year and its school holidays), Cyprus late Oct, Tenerife next Feb and Mexico next May. Will look at Oct 2022 for Dubai now.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 8, 2021, 05:16:10 pm »
We should have been going there on Monday next, ours was also cancelled 3 times, not rebooking yet as missus has already booked Lanzarote for May/June (she paid £900 last year and its school holidays), Cyprus late Oct, Tenerife next Feb and Mexico next May. Will look at Oct 2022 for Dubai now.
Mrs. Rawkus found a great deal on a hotel so we would be quite disappointed if we had to cancel and rearrange but can only go on the advice from Boris and co. I checked the May temperature and it's over 30c not sure I can survive that to be honest. With the cases in Europe rising do you think your Lanzarote trip will go ahead mate?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #110 on: April 8, 2021, 05:18:53 pm »

You might get lucky with Lanzarote. They are talking about lifting the State of Emergency at the end of May, in time to get the tourists in. I think cases have been generally low in the Canary Islands, so with a jab and a negative test it will probably be okay.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 8, 2021, 05:24:21 pm »
Mrs. Rawkus found a great deal on a hotel so we would be quite disappointed if we had to cancel and rearrange but can only go on the advice from Boris and co. I checked the May temperature and it's over 30c not sure I can survive that to be honest. With the cases in Europe rising do you think your Lanzarote trip will go ahead mate?

We ended up with 8 nights for £4k, when I booked it was 7 nights and £4800, but changed with the cancellations. We won't get it again for under £5k she reckons.

You might get lucky with Lanzarote. They are talking about lifting the State of Emergency at the end of May, in time to get the tourists in. I think cases have been generally low in the Canary Islands, so with a jab and a negative test it will probably be okay.

Needs to be more communication this year, we were due to go to Tenerife last Oct, its got cancelled and about 3 days later BoJo opened the travel corridor. Fingers crossed.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #112 on: April 8, 2021, 05:31:51 pm »
In August, Queensland for a week

5 nights in Cairns & drive down for 2 nights in Townsville

Been to Cairns before 10 years ago but not to Townsville

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 8, 2021, 06:24:06 pm »
Hoping to get out to Spain sometime to buy a holiday let but that's as far as I've got.   

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: April 8, 2021, 06:48:04 pm »
In August, Queensland for a week

5 nights in Cairns & drive down for 2 nights in Townsville

Been to Cairns before 10 years ago but not to Townsville

Will you head over to Magnetic Island?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 8, 2021, 06:54:24 pm »

Is that non stop Craig if so who with and from which airport

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #116 on: April 8, 2021, 07:00:04 pm »
Is that non stop Craig if so who with and from which airport

Ryanair mate, from Manchester to Pisa non stop then we'll hop the train to Florence (although debating if to stay the night in Pisa, spend the day there then head over the following evening).

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 8, 2021, 07:32:38 pm »
Hoping to get out to Spain sometime to buy a holiday let but that's as far as I've got.   

Throw your name into a Place in the Sun, get a free trip and get to go on telly :thumbup

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 8, 2021, 07:40:58 pm »
Ryanair mate, from Manchester to Pisa non stop then we'll hop the train to Florence (although debating if to stay the night in Pisa, spend the day there then head over the following evening).

Ta for that gonna get onto that next few days

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #119 on: April 8, 2021, 07:43:14 pm »
Ta for that gonna get onto that next few days

We got return flights for about £89 each... then obviously had to pay for shit like baggage, seat belts, oxygen, etc. Still only about £120ish each I think it came to.