Author Topic: Was LFC Ticket Pricing Forum Now an Al555 usual mantra topic  (Read 98156 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Was LFC Ticket Pricing Forum Now an Al555 usual mantra topic
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2018, 10:56:12 pm »
Our Main Stand has two boxes.

To be fair that is down to FSG listening to Peter McGurk who is to Stadium planning what Damien Comolli was to transfers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2018, 11:26:42 pm »
To be fair that is down to FSG listening to Peter McGurk who is to Stadium planning what Damien Comolli was to transfers.

After all that effort. I'm heartbroken.

Our Main Stand has two boxes.

If I recall rightly, my advice at the time was not to build boxes (disproportionately expensive) but rather hospitality suites. More income for the club after costs you see.

Still. Let's see how the increased revenue from corporate works out shall we? Sales are quite healthy I believe
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:32:01 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2018, 11:31:19 pm »
After all that effort. I'm heartbroken.

Forget the glib replies mate.

You portray yourself as a Stadium expert yet came out with a bullshit statement about Arsenal's tickets costing from £90 upwards. Either show a link that shows you are correct or admit you were chatting shit.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2018, 11:32:43 pm »
If I recall rightly, my advice at the time was not to build boxes (disproportionately expensive) but rather hospitality suites. More income for the club after costs you see.

As I said mate the Stadium's answer to Damien Comolli.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2018, 11:35:21 pm »
It's £27 for a members card, how on earth would demand stay exactly the same?  Just the simple fact new members don't have the purchase history?  I think you'd increase re-sale far more than anything else.

Demand on basis of those who can get what is supplied is what I was talking about. Apologies if I've missed your point because I'm not looking at re-sale element here because, lets face it, if the ticket is cheaper will a tout charge less?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2018, 11:35:56 pm »
That's rich.

Really. I have called Peter out on a specific point. His lie that Arsenal tickets cost from £90+.

I have provided categoric proof that he was chatting shit.

We might have a disagreement over how we see things but please produce categoric proof that I have chatted shit.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2018, 11:42:41 pm »
There is plenty in your post history. And you speaking about categoric proof is hilarious.

Anywho, I'll leave you to it.

Yes I provided proof. A link to Arsenal's website where they listed the actual prices.

As for my post history please provide links to where I have lied.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2018, 11:44:37 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2018, 12:00:11 am »

Not confused at all. £77 would have been a maximum for non-corporate tickets at Anfield while £90 is a minimum at Arsenal. The fact that the club didn't go there for whatever reason will make it take longer to pay off the main stand.

And Arsenal's lack of resources is down to the fact they have had to pay for a new stadium whereas United have been engaged in a process of gradually redevelopment at relatively low cost for decades.

Forget the memes.

When is Peter going to admit he lied.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/member-ticket-prices
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:01:53 am by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2018, 12:27:58 am »
Forget the memes.

When is Peter going to admit he lied.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/member-ticket-prices

Not lying. Just lazy.

Now, which part of being able to keep prices down by redeveloping rather than building new (£60 vs £97 on a like-for-like basis?) or getting most out of corporate income at the least possible cost (executive boxes vs hospitality suites) do you not get?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2018, 12:55:00 am »
Not lying. Just lazy.

Now, which part of being able to keep prices down by redeveloping rather than building new (£60 vs £97 on a like-for-like basis?) or getting most out of corporate income at the least possible cost (executive boxes vs hospitality suites) do you not get?

Redeveloping and getting the most out of Corporate income at the least possible cost. What do you think we are a pound shop ?

Football is enjoying an unprecedented wave of popularity and previously unimagined levels of income from TV and you want us to cut corners on the Stadium and look to fleece the corporates.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2018, 08:45:21 am »
Al what about your lie a few pages back where you said fsg are purposefully keeping demand higher than supply for the ground, and I asked you how that was true when they increased the capacity by almost 25% and are looking into a further expansion? Or was that just a lazy throwaway comment like Peters?

One rule for one.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2018, 10:13:01 am »
Al what about your lie a few pages back where you said fsg are purposefully keeping demand higher than supply for the ground, and I asked you how that was true when they increased the capacity by almost 25% and are looking into a further expansion? Or was that just a lazy throwaway comment like Peters?

One rule for one.

Who is making misleading statements now mate.

When FSG arrived in 2010 the capacity of Anfield was 45,392 according to the Guardian  https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/oct/10/liverpool-takeover-new-stadium

The capacity is now 54,074 so they haven't increased the capacity by anything like 25% have they. They have increased the capacity by 8682 which is less than 20%. Furthermore less than half of the increase in capacity was General Admission tickets.

As for supply and demand have they solved the issue are we anywhere near a situation where there are enough seats for the number of people who want to come and see us. Again and again people have said in this thread that the problem is the huge demand for tickets.

All the Club talk about is hitting the sweet spot capacity wise. Is that the point where the Club has a capacity that reflects the size of its support. Where you have huge crowds cheering on their hereos. Of course it isn't it is about reaching a point where you can keep ticket prices ridiculously high, sell loads of tickets and maximise revenues.

Liverpool are without doubt one of the Clubs with the biggest fan bases in Sport. Given that you would expect us to have one of the biggest sports stadiums in Europe. The reality is somewhat different we have the Sports Stadium with the 49th highest capacity in Europe. Then you have an identical situation across the pond. The Red Sox have the 26th biggest ballpark out of 30 major League ballparks. That isn't a coincidence the owners have made a conscious decision to redevelop landlocked existing Stadiums that will never be big enough for their clubs.

This shouldn't be about us and them it should be about all of us being able to watch the team at reasonable prices. Football clubs should be living breathing vibrant extensions of the community and the wider fanbase. The thing is that if we go down the path we are on now then we will create a tourist trap and lose the essence of what makes us special.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2018, 10:52:01 am »
What should they have done? Sold Anfield and spent vastly on a huge bowl like the Emirates? Need to pay for that, how did arsenal do it? Oh yes, shoving up prices and flogging their best players for years, and hey still only have a capacity of 60,000. Or taken on a shitload of debt? That went well with our last American owners.

And what if they’d somehow added 25,000 more seats to Anfield (your vague pronouncements on stadium design don’t really explain how) and then demand didn’t turn out to be what was anticipated and we were left with empty seats each week, and making a loss on the development? Maybe it makes sense to expand gradually and to make sure at each stage that the capacity is utilised and pays for itself? And given restrictions on how much we can develop Anfield maybe it’s a necessity?

Nah fuck it, build a brand new 75,000 stadium on debt and then charge £20 a ticket so everyone can afford to get in, fund it with debt and just see how it goes. Club’s future assured and in same hands.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2018, 11:10:50 am »
What should they have done? Sold Anfield and spent vastly on a huge bowl like the Emirates? Need to pay for that, how did arsenal do it? Oh yes, shoving up prices and flogging their best players for years, and hey still only have a capacity of 60,000. Or taken on a shitload of debt? That went well with our last American owners.

And what if they’d somehow added 25,000 more seats to Anfield (your vague pronouncements on stadium design don’t really explain how) and then demand didn’t turn out to be what was anticipated and we were left with empty seats each week, and making a loss on the development? Maybe it makes sense to expand gradually and to make sure at each stage that the capacity is utilised and pays for itself? And given restrictions on how much we can develop Anfield maybe it’s a necessity?

Nah fuck it, build a brand new 75,000 stadium on debt and then charge £20 a ticket so everyone can afford to get in, fund it with debt and just see how it goes. Club’s future assured and in same hands.
I have never understood this part of peoples argument when it comes to not increasing capacity above 60k.

Its such a cuck way of thinking and its been ingrained in some of out fans mentality for years. Its called ambition, we are in the top 5 most supported clubs in the world, absolutely fucking massive we are.

If spurs (who are not even close to being a big as us) have the ambition to create a state of the art, 60k+ stadium, liverpool should surely have even more ambition.

your argument is from one extreme to another, fair fucks to even everton who have ambition to make a new staidum. us though? we are just lowley Liverpool football club, it will never work  :butt

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:12:21 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2018, 11:48:10 am »

Arsenal took on a load of debt quite simply because the owners leveraged the Stadium costs onto the Club. That for me is the crux of the issue, why the hell do we expect the fans to buy the owners of a Club a new asset. Why aren't the owners expected to invest in their own business.

If you bought shares in Arsenal prior to the Emirates then you would of seen the value of your asset rise hugely. Why do we accept that people can see huge returns from owning a Club and just walk away with those profits whilst working class people fund their Stadiums.

Why do we accept David Moores walking away with a fortune after putting fuck all into the Club. Why accept FSG seeing the value of their investment quadruple without them investing in a Stadium they ultimately own.

Firstly has anyone here suggested £20 a ticket ?

Secondly even if we spent a billion on a Stadium that will shortly only be 2 or 3 times our turnover. What we need to stop doing is making players, agents and owners ridiculously rich at the fans expense.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2018, 11:56:10 am »
I have never understood this part of peoples argument when it comes to not increasing capacity above 60k.

Its such a cuck way of thinking and its been ingrained in some of out fans mentality for years. Its called ambition, we are in the top 5 most supported clubs in the world, absolutely fucking massive we are.

If spurs (who are not even close to being a big as us) have the ambition to create a state of the art, 60k+ stadium, liverpool should surely have even more ambition.

your argument is from one extreme to another, fair fucks to even everton who have ambition to make a new staidum. us though? we are just lowley Liverpool football club, it will never work  :butt

Yeah that’s exactly what i said  ::)

Maybe we can fill a 75,000 seater stadium. The point is moot because the Council won’t let us expand Anfield that much, or build such a large stadium around Anfield because of transport and accessibility issues, but let’s imagine they suddenly change their minds and we can.

When United developed Old Trafford it was done in stages. 44,000 to 55,00 in the mid-90s, then to 61,000, then to 68,000 in the early 2000s, then to 75,000 in 2007. It’s not stupid or unambitious to plan sensible growth at a realistic pace based on proof of demand.

I’d love us to have a bigger capacity to get more fans in and create a bigger atmosphere, let alone the financial benefits. But we saw in 2009/2010 what happens when stupid financial decisions get made with the running of the club. If they want to take their time to steadily increas capacity (subject to that being legally or practically feasible) then brilliant. But most people were thrilled at the decision to stay at Anfield and doing so comes with certain compromises. It’s not going to be some mega stadium overnight.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2018, 11:57:47 am »
Secondly even if we spent a billion on a Stadium that will shortly only be 2 or 3 times our turnover. What we need to stop doing is making players, agents and owners ridiculously rich at the fans expense.

Ah, so all the club need to do is completely change the way modern football has developed. Easy.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2018, 12:21:56 pm »
Ah, so all the club need to do is completely change the way modern football has developed. Easy.

Don't you mean the way Football in this country has developed ?

European teams with a bigger capacity than Liverpool.

FC Ararat, AIK Stockholm, Dinamo Tbilisi, Atletico Madrid, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Valencia, Man City, Red Star Belgrade, Hamburg, Bari, Lyon, West Ham, Napoli, Celtic, Arsenal, Stuttgart, Real Betis, Schalke, Benfica, Marseille, Zenit, AEK Athens, Qarabag, Lazio, Roma, Hertha Berlin, Bayern, Man United, Inter, Dynamo Kiev, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Dortmund and Barca.

It's a farce mate and you know it but carry on convincing yourself that Liverpool one of the richest Clubs in the world can only afford a 54,000 capacity Stadium.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2018, 12:24:50 pm »
Correct

Can we have world peace, zero disease, no poverty, and no crime while the lists open too?

Here is me thinking a simple walkout changed ticket prices from £77 to £59. Maybe if people stopped slagging off the likes of Graham and SOS and the FSF whilst defending poor billionaires who are only trying to run a business then things might change.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2018, 12:33:00 pm »
European teams with a bigger capacity than Liverpool.

FC Ararat, AIK Stockholm, Dinamo Tbilisi, Atletico Madrid, Fortuna Dusseldorf, Valencia, Man City, Red Star Belgrade, Hamburg, Bari, Lyon, West Ham, Napoli, Celtic, Arsenal, Stuttgart, Real Betis, Schalke, Benfica, Marseille, Zenit, AEK Athens, Qarabag, Lazio, Roma, Hertha Berlin, Bayern, Man United, Inter, Dynamo Kiev, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Dortmund and Barca.

It's a farce mate and you know it but carry on convincing yourself that Liverpool one of the richest Clubs in the world can only afford a 54,000 capacity Stadium.

Right, I got through the first 9 on that list and found issues with 7 of them. I can't be arsed going through the rest seems you've clearly employed a certain amount of actual 'truth' to the facts.

FC Ararat - it's the counties national football stadium
AIK Stockholm - it's 4k smaller
Dinamo Tbilisi - it's the counties national football stadium
Fortuna Dusseldorf - it's only larger due to standing, seated capacity is 44,683
Valencia - is 5k smaller. They've been building a new stadium for 10 years now...
Red Star Belgrade - are planning to build a smaller stadium around 50k capacity
Hamburg - is only 51,500 when all seated

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2018, 12:38:30 pm »
Right, I got through the first 9 on that list and found issues with 7 of them. I can't be arsed going through the rest seems you've clearly employed a certain amount of actual 'truth' to the facts.

FC Ararat - it's the counties national football stadium
AIK Stockholm - it's 4k smaller
Dinamo Tbilisi - it's the counties national football stadium
Fortuna Dusseldorf - it's only larger due to standing, seated capacity is 44,683
Valencia - is 5k smaller. They've been building a new stadium for 10 years now...
Red Star Belgrade - are planning to build a smaller stadium around 50k capacity
Hamburg - is only 51,500 when all seated

No mate I just used wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_stadiums_by_capacity
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2018, 12:40:00 pm »
No mate I just used wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_stadiums_by_capacity

Then you may want to fact check before posting.

I mean you're also ignoring some of those are state funded for WC hosting, some are built for little cost in countries where building costs a fraction of what it does here, some don't have a roof (try and do that here), some were built decades ago when costs were a fraction of now.

You simply can't compare like you've attempted to do.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:41:37 pm by CraigDS »

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2018, 12:44:44 pm »
Here is me thinking a simple walkout changed ticket prices from £77 to £59. Maybe if people stopped slagging off the likes of Graham and SOS and the FSF whilst defending poor billionaires who are only trying to run a business then things might change.
Maybe if people set realistic goals and targets we could work together in the best interests of LFC

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2018, 12:47:39 pm »
Maybe if people set realistic goals and targets we could work together in the best interests of LFC

The actual proposals in the meeting were realistic goals.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »
Then you may want to fact check before posting.

I mean you're also ignoring some of those are state funded for WC hosting, some are built for little cost in countries where building costs a fraction of what it does here, some don't have a roof (try and do that here), some were built decades ago when costs were a fraction of now.

You simply can't compare like you've attempted to do.

Using West Ham as an example after the madness of their stadium move :lmao

Al, notice how when you say something that doesn’t stand up to factual scrutiny (as you accused Peter M of doing on the same page), you don’t have people repeatedly calling you a liar and making snide personal remarks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:51:18 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2018, 12:52:28 pm »
The actual proposals in the meeting were realistic goals.
Good to know.

The opinions reflected on rawk by good folk such as graham and Al are not.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2018, 12:59:49 pm »
Using West Ham as an example after the madness of their stadium move :lmao

Al, notice how when you say something that doesn’t stand up to factual scrutiny (as you accused Peter M of doing on the same page), you don’t have people repeatedly calling you a liar and making snide personal remarks.

It's actually a ridiculous list.

Bari's ground was rebuilt for the 1990 WC, Lyon's included $240-60m of state funding, Napoli's was rebuilt for the 1990 WC, etc. etc.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2018, 01:14:20 pm »
Good to know.

The opinions reflected on rawk by good folk such as graham and Al are not.

To be fair Grahams original point about reducing tickets prices over a period of time (I think it was 4 years) was valid.

Als 120,000 capacity pop up tent was not.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2018, 01:22:21 pm »
Stick to issues not personalities.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2018, 01:36:54 pm »
I think we need a list of agreed and unagreed points, RAWKs been pretty nasty these last 24 hours.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2018, 01:42:34 pm »

We'd have to revisit the entire discussion about the cost of building above 60k mate. It doesn't scale proportionately.

There's pages of it in the Anfield Stadium section of the forum.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2018, 02:51:41 pm »
I think the more pertinent issue is when does the football bubble pop?

There will be a point when it happens, football in this country only really took off again after Italia 90. You go back to the 60's and the grounds were packed, 60 thousand stood shoulder to shoulder to the rafters. Then it waned and we got no where near that till the current boom. But just cause we need a bigger stadium now doesn't mean we always will. It's one of the reasons I'm glad we stayed at Anfield and have rebuilt piecemeal. I just can't see the Premier League being as big worldwide as it is now forever. Then when/if it does die off, those debts you built up during the boom period don't just go away, you still have to repay them, but now with less income. TV deals will eventually plateau, sponsorships will go down. I'm glad FSG aren't just saddling the club with debt, we've seen firsthand how that can turn out.

My other issue after reading this thread is probably a contentious one, but fuck it, gonna say it anyway. I'm from Liverpool, born in Kenny and lived all over the city. The absolute obsession with the wools/daytrippers Vs Local fans debate does my fucking head in. I've met reds from all over the world, some here in the city and some when I've gone on holiday. To me a Red is a Red. I'm not arsed if you popped out your mum on the Kop mid game or you are sat in a shack in Ghana. Seeing the amount of people complaining about people spending hundreds to get to see one game at Anfield is baffling to me. Yeah, some don't sing (might not speak English, might not be in their culture IE Japan) but i've also sat behind a bunch of middle aged scousers who want to look cool and bitch and moan about everything than sing too. Then I've also sat next to fans from all over the shop singing as best they can. The obsession with just getting more locals to the game (which is a good idea!) has led to so much gatekeeping about who should and shouldn't have a ticket that any debate about the stadium/prices always ends up with anyone not having a purple bin being "othered" when we all want the same thing, Liverpool to succeed and everyone to enjoy themselves at the game. If the football bubble does burst, would you still have a go at foreigners coming to games and paying higher prices to help keep the prices down and the stadium still full?

Another issue we have with getting more locals into the club is the season ticket situation. We have a huge waiting list that just gets bigger because people don't want to give the tickets up. You end up in a situation were people shuffle off this mortal coil and then someone in the family takes the ticket. The waiting list never shrinks cause the club never get the ticket back. I get why it happens and I'd probably do it myself, but until the ST starting going back to the club after the owner dies or can't go the match anymore, we can't even get that waiting list down, let alone start planning for getting more young adults/teenagers into the ground. If it were up to me and I had to ensure that more local young lads and lasses could get in, I'd have the next say thousand cards that come back stop being ST and the seat gets put in a L postcode Lottery/raffle/list  open to people aged 16-25 only. Then after that you work down the ST waiting list.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2018, 02:54:41 pm »

There will be a point when it happens, football in this country only really took off again after Italia 90. You go back to the 60's and the grounds were packed, 60 thousand stood shoulder to shoulder to the rafters. Then it waned and we got no where near that till the current boom. But just cause we need a bigger stadium now doesn't mean we always will. It's one of the reasons I'm glad we stayed at Anfield and have rebuilt piecemeal. I just can't see the Premier League being as big worldwide as it is now forever. Then when/if it does die off, those debts you built up during the boom period don't just go away, you still have to repay them, but now with less income. TV deals will eventually plateau, sponsorships will go down. I'm glad FSG aren't just saddling the club with debt, we've seen firsthand how that can turn out.

My other issue after reading this thread is probably a contentious one, but fuck it, gonna say it anyway. I'm from Liverpool, born in Kenny and lived all over the city. The absolute obsession with the wools/daytrippers Vs Local fans debate does my fucking head in. I've met reds from all over the world, some here in the city and some when I've gone on holiday. To me a Red is a Red. I'm not arsed if you popped out your mum on the Kop mid game or you are sat in a shack in Ghana. Seeing the amount of people complaining about people spending hundreds to get to see one game at Anfield is baffling to me. Yeah, some don't sing (might not speak English, might not be in their culture IE Japan) but i've also sat behind a bunch of middle aged scousers who want to look cool and bitch and moan about everything than sing too. Then I've also sat next to fans from all over the shop singing as best they can. The obsession with just getting more locals to the game (which is a good idea!) has led to so much gatekeeping about who should and shouldn't have a ticket that any debate about the stadium/prices always ends up with anyone not having a purple bin being "othered" when we all want the same thing, Liverpool to succeed and everyone to enjoy themselves at the game. If the football bubble does burst, would you still have a go at foreigners coming to games and paying higher prices to help keep the prices down and the stadium still full?

Another issue we have with getting more locals into the club is the season ticket situation. We have a huge waiting list that just gets bigger because people don't want to give the tickets up. You end up in a situation were people shuffle off this mortal coil and then someone in the family takes the ticket. The waiting list never shrinks cause the club never get the ticket back. I get why it happens and I'd probably do it myself, but until the ST starting going back to the club after the owner dies or can't go the match anymore, we can't even get that waiting list down, let alone start planning for getting more young adults/teenagers into the ground. If it were up to me and I had to ensure that more local young lads and lasses could get in, I'd have the next say thousand cards that come back stop being ST and the seat gets put in a L postcode Lottery/raffle/list  open to people aged 16-25 only. Then after that you work down the ST waiting list.

That is an excellent post.  :wellin
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2018, 03:02:10 pm »

Excellent points all round.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2018, 03:04:01 pm »
Yep, cracking post that.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2018, 03:14:48 pm »
Brilliant post that
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2018, 03:18:16 pm »
That is a good post David. Cheers for making it. Regarding the other thread which descended in to an OOT debacle that's been locked, I've just posted in the staffroom that there's no way of saying who is right. What is a fact though is that our success and global appeal broadly go hand-in-hand. It's all evolved nicely and to the clubs advantage whether the locals like it or not.

Just one point regarding the last line in your post, if the people who don't inherit the ST don't get it and it goes back to the club, those people would go on the waiting list instead so that principle won't resolve the current demand :)

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2018, 03:21:26 pm »
Redeveloping and getting the most out of Corporate income at the least possible cost. What do you think we are a pound shop ?

Football is enjoying an unprecedented wave of popularity and previously unimagined levels of income from TV and you want us to cut corners on the Stadium and look to fleece the corporates.

Getting the most income for the least cost is absolutely essential to any business or football club or anything you like that relies on staying around and competing with the best.

Or would you rather the club paid 10%, 20%, 50% - double if you like, for the same income? Or worse, increase ticket prices to pay the extra cost?

Providing hospitality suites instead of boxes is less costly and more suited to the market. Hence more sales revenue and greater return on the lesser amount of money spent. It's not rocket science (and not cutting corners either).

Who is making misleading statements now mate.

When FSG arrived in 2010 the capacity of Anfield was 45,392 according to the Guardian  https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/oct/10/liverpool-takeover-new-stadium

The capacity is now 54,074 so they haven't increased the capacity by anything like 25% have they. They have increased the capacity by 8682 which is less than 20%. Furthermore less than half of the increase in capacity was General Admission tickets.

As for supply and demand have they solved the issue are we anywhere near a situation where there are enough seats for the number of people who want to come and see us. Again and again people have said in this thread that the problem is the huge demand for tickets.

All the Club talk about is hitting the sweet spot capacity wise. Is that the point where the Club has a capacity that reflects the size of its support. Where you have huge crowds cheering on their hereos. Of course it isn't it is about reaching a point where you can keep ticket prices ridiculously high, sell loads of tickets and maximise revenues.

Liverpool are without doubt one of the Clubs with the biggest fan bases in Sport. Given that you would expect us to have one of the biggest sports stadiums in Europe. The reality is somewhat different we have the Sports Stadium with the 49th highest capacity in Europe. Then you have an identical situation across the pond. The Red Sox have the 26th biggest ballpark out of 30 major League ballparks. That isn't a coincidence the owners have made a conscious decision to redevelop landlocked existing Stadiums that will never be big enough for their clubs.

This shouldn't be about us and them it should be about all of us being able to watch the team at reasonable prices. Football clubs should be living breathing vibrant extensions of the community and the wider fanbase. The thing is that if we go down the path we are on now then we will create a tourist trap and lose the essence of what makes us special.

Let's look at the alternative. Lets look at say, an 80,000 brand new stadium (land, development, transport, planning, construction costs, whatever...), . Demand satisfied, let's say. Ticket prices to cover the cost and make money for the club? To build the team? More or less than say Arsenal, would you say?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:50:11 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2018, 03:22:24 pm »
Just one point regarding the last line in your post, if the people who don't inherit the ST don't get it and it goes back to the club, those people would go on the waiting list instead so that principle won't resolve the current demand :)

Plus there are issues with it to.

I mean I got my ST with my Dad back in '92 when the Upper Centenary opened. I was 5 or 6 and we've had them since. If he died tomorrow would I then be expected to give the one ticket back and go on my own? In fact, they are both actually in his name as I was just a little kid at the time, so would I have to give them both up?!