Author Topic: a question for one of the mods  (Read 125679 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: a question for one of the mods
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2021, 09:38:58 pm »
Would explain the constant use of "shit" rather than "shot".  ;D
That’s autocorrect to be fair.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: November 4, 2021, 07:01:00 pm »
I might as well ask the question as a few people have now asked about this in various semi-related threads...

What happened to the Trans thread? I know I was involved in an argument the night before but IMO it was only the one poster that was behaving inappropriately in it and seems a bit excessive to just delete the whole thread - though I understand it can be a difficult topic to moderate.

A lot of people seem to have found it quite informative and educational.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #282 on: November 5, 2021, 05:58:13 pm »
I might as well ask the question as a few people have now asked about this in various semi-related threads...

What happened to the Trans thread? I know I was involved in an argument the night before but IMO it was only the one poster that was behaving inappropriately in it and seems a bit excessive to just delete the whole thread - though I understand it can be a difficult topic to moderate.

A lot of people seem to have found it quite informative and educational.
I wondered where it went too. I asked Andy (who started the thread) and even he doesn't know what happened to it.

To be honest, although I have major interest in the topic I stayed out of it, though I did observe every day. I got my fingers burnt posting on the same subject on a mental health forum, so I left it alone this time. I tend to view things on very much a human level, but the topic almost always ends up in gender-political rabbit holes unfortunately.

It was a good thread though. Hopefully it didn't disappear due to anyone being an arsehole.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: November 5, 2021, 10:00:40 pm »
No current member was being an arsehole SoS & Elmo. The Mods decided it's too complicated a subject for us all, members and mods included, to deal with on a football forum.

We understand and respect that posters want to opine and show support for the community, but there's a societal divide that we don't think we can give justification to without upsetting other members. The entire news & current affairs section was/is in jeopardy. That just added to it.

I agree with anyone who says RAWK is an education, it's enlightened me about many subjects over the years, including this one.
Give it some time and may be we can reconsider, meanwhile there really are more appropriate and informative places to discuss it.

Hope that makes a bit of sense?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #284 on: November 5, 2021, 11:24:33 pm »
Thank you for your reply, John.

Yes, it makes a lot of sense. I certainly agree that it is an extremely complex subject.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: November 6, 2021, 07:02:32 pm »
Fair enough John, it seems a bit pre-emptive considering it was going OK but always sympathise with all of you given how a lot of threads go in there.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2021, 08:40:12 am »
Why has the investment/trading thread been locked?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2021, 01:55:00 pm »
It's probably becasue the mods have repeatedly made clear they don't want people pushing crypto on RAWK but that is what people had started doing.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2021, 02:01:24 pm »
It's probably becasue the mods have repeatedly made clear they don't want people pushing crypto on RAWK but that is what people had started doing.

Bingo. If people want to dabble in it, that's their choice. We don't want it to be because of something they've seen on RAWK.

I'll try and clean up the thread later for those who want to discuss non-crypto investments.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #289 on: November 11, 2021, 02:56:20 pm »
I appreciate you have your rules...so next question then is how do i close my account with you?

Why would you want to do that? This is a Liverpool Football Club forum (the clue is in the name). If you're only here for an investment thread you're doing it wrong.

And to 'close your account' you just stop posting.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2021, 03:39:57 pm »
Ok i am doing it wrong.
So how do i go abut deleting my profile and previous posts? Simple question.

PM'd you.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #291 on: November 12, 2021, 10:17:55 pm »
Do any of you go the games(regularly) and do you think you represent the match going fan base?

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: November 12, 2021, 10:55:18 pm »
Do any of you go the games(regularly) and do you think you represent the match going fan base?

That's a crypto question Chops.

A tough one.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #293 on: November 12, 2021, 11:55:11 pm »
That was fucking funny that!  ;D
Mods... "Stop talking about crypto currency or we will lock the thread again."

Random member... "Crypto Crypto Crypto."
Next random reply... "Crypto Crypto Crypto."

Knobheads  :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2021, 01:55:42 am »

One for the political threads methinks chops. Give me crypto rather than crapto any day
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2021, 08:15:27 am »
That's a crypto question Chops.

A tough one.

You need to convert it to Esperanto John, to decipher the hidden message.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2021, 08:44:35 am »
That was fucking funny that!  ;D
Mods... "Stop talking about crypto currency or we will lock the thread again."

Random member... "Crypto Crypto Crypto."
Next random reply... "Crypto Crypto Crypto."

Knobheads  :lmao

Betting threads are perfectly fine though

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2021, 09:37:30 am »
But you haven't been told to stop talking about betting though have you?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2021, 10:46:58 am »

They aren't perfectly fine. If it was up to me I'd ban them as well. I've seen close family and friends whose lives have been ruined through gambling. But I understand that plenty of people manage gambling as entertainment.

The problem with the crypto bullshit is that it masquerades as some conspiracy theory bollocks about undermining central banks. And in parallel it's pushed as a get rich quick scheme rather than gambling or a Ponzi scheme.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2021, 10:57:34 am »

Yes I am  - and I dont think you can pin down the match going fan base enough to represent it

After Kiev I thought the way you spoke about Karius was out of order  - He didnt fuck up on purpose

So two match going reds  with different opinions and ways of expressing frustration
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: November 13, 2021, 01:11:21 pm »
I think he meant the mods. And the answer is some are regulars who live in the city and go to home games. Some, like me, don't live in the city and go less often. Last few seasons (COVID aside) I've mostly been to aways (sorted with spares by various contacts) and a selected homes when work/personal circumstances allow. Some used to go more regularly but have moved away.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2021, 01:16:10 pm »

I think he meant the mods. And the answer is some are regulars who live in the city and go to home games. Some, like me, don't live in the city and go less often. Last few seasons (COVID aside) I've mostly been to aways (sorted with spares by various contacts) and a selected homes when work/personal circumstances allow. Some used to go more regularly but have moved away.

I may have got the wrong end of the sticks Chops sorry  :-*
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2021, 02:20:45 pm »
Ah you're right Al, I thought Chop Sticks was was asking the entirety of RAWK.

Re the Mods I think the answer is everyone, certainly 90% anyway mate. Some more so than others and some from outside the city go far more than me from inside the city - not that it should matters but it defines the answer nicely.

Nice of you to offer to buy us all a pint though Chops  ;)  until now only Andy has made that offer  ;D

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2021, 02:04:46 am »
They aren't perfectly fine. If it was up to me I'd ban them as well. I've seen close family and friends whose lives have been ruined through gambling. But I understand that plenty of people manage gambling as entertainment.

The problem with the crypto bullshit is that it masquerades as some conspiracy theory bollocks about undermining central banks. And in parallel it's pushed as a get rich quick scheme rather than gambling or a Ponzi scheme.

I'd say the betting threads were worse than crypto but that's just me 

it's just a shame that us who are responsible enough can't discuss crypto just like many other discussions on this site

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 14, 2021, 05:54:08 pm »
I'd say the betting threads were worse than crypto but that's just me 

it's just a shame that us who are responsible enough can't discuss crypto just like many other discussions on this site

It's a Liverpool FC website, why would you expect to be discussing cryptocurrencies? We have off-topic boards to allow people to discuss other things but they're not what the site is about.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2021, 07:24:50 am »
It's a Liverpool FC website, why would you expect to be discussing cryptocurrencies? We have off-topic boards to allow people to discuss other things but they're not what the site is about.

Lets just have liverpool fc forums and get rid of the rest then in that case haha

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2021, 08:09:59 am »
Lets just have liverpool fc forums and get rid of the rest then in that case haha

It's about being able to moderate them though isn't it. Betting is a case of "this is a tip, this honduran team have been on a 7 game win streak and are ......" it can be laid out in facts that most people can see if they are going to try and follow a tip. I'm sure if it got to a point where someone was laying down too much money and pushing mad bets then the Mods would look at it and discuss.

Crypto is a bit less straight forward, there is a lot of factors to it and you'd probably have to be well into it to know what is good and what is going on. It's also fairly new and there is constantly new things coming up around it and therefore not easy to follow from the outside as the mods have to do. It's a high risk feature that can easily see people lose life changing amounts of money and the mods don't want that coming about because of the forum. That's not just the people in the thread that may know what they are doing, someone that doesn't post often may come across it and get sucked into it. It's just something that will take a lot of moderating that these volunteers (apart from the donations they spend on beer) don't want to have to spend extra time on. Maybe in the future they will find someone that knows more about it and that is willing to watch over it and it will be allowed.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2021, 08:41:59 am »

That's a regular discussion that we have. But there's a load of enjoyable and interesting threads about a wide range of subjects which work fine and moderate themselves.

It's actually quite simple really. We are a football website with a range of off-topic boards. Some of those boards are uncontentious - film, music, food etc - and they tlook after themselves. Some are more contentious and require more active moderation. And some require more moderation than the admin team are prepared to commit to, or are about things we don't consider belong on the site, or we don't feel that we have the competence or knowledge to moderate.

I have a whole range of interests that are important to me but they don't belong on here. That's fine. I have other places to discuss them and if they're important, an off-topic board on a football website is not going to move anything forward in the real world.

Honest question. Why do you think being able to discuss crypto currency on this Liverpool FC website is important?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 08:44:18 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2021, 09:23:09 am »

Honest question. Why do you think being able to discuss crypto currency on this Liverpool FC website is important?

It's just being able to discuss things i am interested in with others who also have the same interest that's all, I see it the same as news, politics, Technology  or food etc thats all it's general day to day life  stuff

But fair enough with your points raised, hopefully one day the moderators will have some more knowledge on the subject and we will be able to discuss it in a responsible way

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2021, 12:01:24 pm »
Can the incident of what happened In Liverpool yesterday be separated from the Liverpool News Thread and moved to the main News thread?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2021, 12:42:13 am »
It's just being able to discuss things i am interested in with others who also have the same interest that's all, I see it the same as news, politics, Technology  or food etc thats all it's general day to day life  stuff

But fair enough with your points raised, hopefully one day the moderators will have some more knowledge on the subject and we will be able to discuss it in a responsible way

I have professional experience writing crypto software. I am qualified to talk about it. I also endorse the site’s position. Crypto is a lawless shark tank. I was glad to get out.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 16, 2021, 03:57:55 pm »
Can we have the investing thread back please - i was learning lots from it. Cheers.

EDIT: apologies - it was me that started the chat about crypto -as asking genuine questions about the format rather than trying to generate chat about 'tips etc'. Sorry, i didnt read that it was not a spoken subject.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 04:02:40 pm by sirjames »
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2021, 09:05:10 pm »
We can all agree on these three things right:
1. Trans thread was locked because village idiot was being a village twat
2. Investment thread was locked as G4 1 betfair whateve was being a g4fool
3. Chopper hasn't been to a game since we sacked his favourite manager Roy Hodgson.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2021, 09:47:15 pm »
We can all agree on these three things right:
1. Trans thread was locked because village idiot was being a village twat
2. Investment thread was locked as G4 1 betfair whateve was being a g4fool
3. Chopper hasn't been to a game since we sacked his favourite manager Roy Hodgson.
4. Capon's most creative work causes the biggest moderatorial giggles...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2021, 07:56:24 am »
4. Capon's most creative work causes the biggest moderatorial giggles...

♥️

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 17, 2021, 09:05:47 am »
Did a double take when suddenly noticed the Technology and Science forum appeared in the place where News & Current Affairs forum normally is...... thought you had gone ahead and deleted the News forum but they seem to have just swapped places.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: November 17, 2021, 10:50:13 am »
It is going, but the permissions for SMF are such a pain in the arse that I don't have time for the headache at the moment.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 17, 2021, 11:54:58 am »
It is going, but the permissions for SMF are such a pain in the arse that I don't have time for the headache at the moment.

That'd be a sad day.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #318 on: November 17, 2021, 12:38:11 pm »
Did a double take when suddenly noticed the Technology and Science forum appeared in the place where News & Current Affairs forum normally is...... thought you had gone ahead and deleted the News forum but they seem to have just swapped places.

Just noticed this and it really bothers me. The order for the forums has been the same for ages. I'm not good with change... :D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 17, 2021, 12:43:12 pm »
That'd be a sad day.

Yep. Not to sound melodramatic - and I know it is meant to be a football site - but the News forum is by far the main reason I come on here so I'll likely be on here a lot less if it goes.

Obviously totally up to the mods though. I understand if they have just had enough but I don't buy that it is worse than any time before. It's far better now than it was a few years ago when a certain person was leading the Labour party. We stil get flare ups every few weeks but back then it was almost every day. And it's not the whole News forum that is an issue. It is one topic that causes 95% of the problems.