Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530767 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Agree. They were given several chances to intervene on their son's behalf, but as usual MAGA blockheads likely see it as liberal interference on their God-given right to be complete jackasses.

The messages they send after the shooting clearly show two people trying to cover up their tracks after suddenly realising shit just got real for them.

Yes trying to escape to Canada I think, the utter cowards.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Yes trying to escape to Canada I think, the utter cowards.

I think they're the archetypal Trump/modern GOP voters.
Preach personal responsibility to everyone else yet take no responsibility whatsoever for any of their own actions, I think they like Trump because they can see themselves in him, "if we were rich we'd be just like him" type of thing.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Such a fucking bizarre family picture for what is meant to be a developed and civilised 1st world country. In a way it sums up just how fucked the US is.

It does and that's what I was trying to say on the previous page with the quote of the prosecutor. As long as people don't realise that the whole "Yeah, we don't want bad guys to have guns, but let the 'responsible' people have as many guns as they want"-thing has not worked, mass shootings will keep happening and people will keep getting shot. I don't see that attitude really changing, because even politicians who are in favour of gun control are still too scared to go for the strictest rules possible, because they are too afraid of upsetting possible voters who don't want to give up their guns. I'm sorry, but children are dying on a regular basis by simply going to school, they have to do active-shooters drills, they have schools with metal detectors. Those things should be enough to make people think. This stuff is not normal. Full stop. Yet, the right to bear arms seems more important than trying to make the country a safer place. It's just insane.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What the fuck is wrong with these people?!

I know, you could take someone's eye out there. There's no room at all. That's a hand gun couch at best for three people.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Such a fucking bizarre family picture for what is meant to be a developed and civilised 1st world country. In a way it sums up just how fucked the US is.

Just for context. I believe this is the weapon the father is holding.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
And many of us who live here don’t fucking understand it, either. We’re losing so many young people. I haven’t lectured in person at my college for two years due to COVID, but I will be doing an active shooter mini-drill on day one when I return in January. It’s strange that the first lecture I give every semester in person is how to get out of a classroom alive. What I don’t say is “If we’re lucky,” which is closer to the reality.
That's mental. Though I have thought they should teach general principles for a terrorist attack here too .
Do they have stocks of bullet proof vest for kids in classrooms? Is it even considered?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline gravey101

• Main Stander
Fox and trumpers pushing the narrative now that the school is as much to blame as the parents...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Fox and trumpers pushing the narrative now that the school is as much to blame as the parents...

Government institution, fits the party narrative...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Listen it's not the right time to apportion blame or to talk about gun control or to try politicize this, it's about thoughts and prayers right now ok. Got it? Ok.

Offline gravey101

• Main Stander
Blaming the school takes some heat off the gunnuts i guess. The parents weren't to blame... they did nothing illegal... just exercizing their 2nd amendment rights... how were they to know their kid was a psycho. The school should have known... I have lived in the US for 30 years now but grew up in the UK. I have an 11 year old son and every day i cant help but wonder what if.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
That's the thing with US gun crime. It's always the fault of the side that DIDN'T have a gun.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.

A sitting US president was shot and nothing was done.
A bunch of religious places were shot and nothing was done.
A school was shot at and nothing was done.

What a fucked up place. Third world problems and third world thinking.

Nothing will ever be done. Bunch of micro dick motherfuckers these gun swinging 2nd amendment defenders.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

What’s even more bizarre is that in the comments, any time people pointed out how insensitive it was in light of the latest shooting, tons of people jump in asking how that’s relevant. If people can’t join those dots, there’s no helping them.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Is it developed and civilised if it's happy that 40,000+ die every year because of the availability of firearms?

Basically half the country ARE developed and civillised, the rest seem to want to be part of the aftermath of the Rapture, the Purge, Mad Max, Escape from New York or Worms; Total War.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Nothing will change until the Cult of the USA changes
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You're talking about a group of people who think that Born in the USA is a song that celebrates its "greatness".

I've evacuated curries that were more self aware than the lot of the c*nts.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan

The Party of Personal Responsibility (when the other side does something wrong).

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
You're talking about a group of people who think that Born in the USA is a song that celebrates its "greatness".

I've evacuated curries that were more self aware than the lot of the c*nts.

That did make me laugh, the lack of self-awareness to not realise how great a song "Born in the USA" was and the utter lack of the ability to decipher it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Business Insider
Lauren Boebert posted her own Christmas photo brandishing assault rifles with her kids after a GOP rep was criticized for his
tcolson@businessinsider.com (Thomas Colson) - 50m ago

Massie was criticized for posting his photo days after the high-school shooting in Michigan.
Colorado GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert posted a Christmas photo of her family wielding rifles, joining a fellow Republican who was criticized for posting a similar photo after a high-school shooting.

Boebert posted the photo Tuesday. It shows her in front of a Christmas tree with her four sons, each of whom has a gun. She isn't armed in the photo, and it doesn't feature her husband.

Boebert is a vocal gun-rights activist who gained prominence last year after pledging to carry a gun around Congress when she was elected.

"The Boeberts have your six, @RepThomasMassie!" she wrote alongside the photo.

Her tweet was addressed to Republican Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky, who posted a photo on Saturday of his own family in front of a Christmas tree with guns. It had the caption "Merry Christmas! ps. Santa, pls bring ammo."

Massie faced intense criticism for the timing of the photo, which was published days after a gunman opened fire at a high school in Oxford, Michigan, killing four students. A 15-year-old student at the school was charged with first-degree murder in the shooting.

Boebert's own tweet added jokingly to Massie: "(No spare ammo for you, though)."

Democratic Rep. Thomas Yarmuth, also of Kentucky, criticized Massie's post, and wrote on Twitter: "I promise not everyone in Kentucky is an insensitive asshole."

"I'm old enough to remember Republicans screaming that it was insensitive to try to protect people from gun violence after a tragedy," he added.

"Now they openly rub the murder of children in our faces like they scored a touchdown. Disgraceful."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/lauren-boebert-posted-her-own-christmas-photo-brandishing-assault-rifles-with-her-kids-after-a-gop-rep-was-criticized-for-his/ar-AARBJ6G?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
Kill the humourless

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So now it's ok to show under age children using guns. Righto.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
So now it's ok to show under age children using guns. Righto.

She's from Colorado.  She owns Shooters Bar. Carrying is mandatory.

Future head of the NRA or whoever replaces it.
Kill the humourless

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
She's from Colorado.  She owns Shooters Bar. Carrying is mandatory.

Future head of the NRA or whoever replaces it.

She's a brain dead fuckwit. I am so fucking fed up with the pathetic and interminable bleating that Americans have the right to bear arms, when it's fucking obvious that the original reason for the 2nd Amendment is no longer relevant.

Here's a timeline for the hard of thinking:

1775: Continental Army formed to fight the Revolutionary War with Great Britain. The Continental Army supported by local militias from each state.
1776: Declaration of Independence
1783: Revolutionary War ends with the Treaty of Paris. Continental Army disbanded. US had no standing Army apart from 12 soldiers guarding West Point and 700 guarding the border.
1787: Constitution of the United States drafted. Ratified in 1788
1789: BIll of Rights (including 2nd Amendment) drafted. Ratified in 1791.

That's the context for this:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Without a standing army it was considered important that people in each state could own arms to form militias. That need is no longer relevant (unless you're a fuckwit conspiracy nut who thinks AR-15s would be of any use if the US MIlitary decided to turn its weaponry on the civilian population)

It's staggering just how fucked up America is politically and the 2nd Amendment shite is just one of the most glaring examples.

Americans have allowed devious and duplicitous people to manipulate the myth that America is somehow the lone beacon of Freedom (capital F) and that the Founding Fathers were somehow godlike in their ability to draft the Constitution and the BIll of Rights as documents that would stay relevant for hundreds of years without change. They've weaponised the First Amendment to allow hate speech and justify right wing propaganda radio and TV. They've used the Second Amendment as a wedge issue to give people something they don't need and then threaten 'The Left' is going to take it away. 

They are bastardising voting rights and the Supreme Court. Debasing the separatio nof Church and State. And so on and so on.

And all the while, children will continue to be slaughtered at their desks because of the hagiography of a bunch of two-hundred-year-old slave-owners.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 03:54:20 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

Well she's lost the Everton vote anyway ;)

She's a brain dead fuckwit. I am so fucking fed up with the pathetic and interminable bleating that Americans have the right to bear arms, when it's fucking obvious that the original reason for the 2nd Amendment is no longer relevant.

Here's a timeline for the hard of thinking:

1775: Continental Army formed to fight the Revolutionary War with Great Britain. The Continental Army supported by local militias from each state.
1776: Declaration of Independence
1783: Revolutionary War ends with the Treaty of Paris. Continental Army disbanded. US had no standing Army apart from 12 soldiers guarding West Point and 700 guarding the border.
1787: Constitution of the United States drafted. Ratified in 1788
1789: BIll of Rights (including 2nd Amendment) drafted. Ratified in 1791.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Without a standing army it was considered important that people in each state could own arms to form militias. That need is no longer relevant (unless you're a fuckwit conspiracy nut who thinks AR-15s would be of any use if the US MIlitary decided to turn its weaponry on the civilian population)

It's staggering just how fucked up America is politically and the 2nd Amendment shite is just one of the most glaring examples.

Americans have allowed devious and duplicitous people to manipulate the myth that America is somehow the lone beacon of Freedom (capital F) and that the Founding Fathers were somehow godlike in their ability to draft the Constitution and the BIll of Rights as documents that would stay relevant for hundreds of years without change.

Well said. I was just explaining this to a friend on the phone last night, an anti-gun person but desite that someone who still assumed that the right of any old joe to carry an assualt rifle is clearly and unequivocally enshrined in the US Constitution (sic).

The whole thing is sophistry of the worst kind.  And leads to a mindset that's fucked up and bloody (sick)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
The gun toting Christmas cards are mind blowing. I only hope these people are voted out for their blatant ignorance and inability to read the room after recent tragedies.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
The gun toting Christmas cards are mind blowing. I only hope these people are voted out for their blatant ignorance and inability to read the room after recent tragedies.

Nah. Sandy Hook was what did it for me. Little four and five year old kids slaughtered and they did fucking nothing.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nah. Sandy Hook was what did it for me. Little four and five year old kids slaughtered and they did fucking nothing.

It was definitely the day the US decided

Guns > Kids.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Also, the Constitution is not some god-given document. It was written by a bunch of dudes. No smarter than people that exist now.

Countries change, replace and amend their constitution all the time.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 06:09:35 pm by Max_powers »

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Also, the Constitution is not some god-given document. It was written by a bunch of dudes. No smarter than people that exist now.

Countries change, replace and amend their constitution all the time. To keep them modern and up to date with the needs of modern society.

Try telling a gun nut they can change the 2nd amendment. You'll get at least an hour of them ranting that it can't be changed.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*

They did more worse than nothing. Some of the fucking loons still to this day say that it was staged or a false flag operation.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Mononic country. It is a fucking mess of a place, the American dream has failed and failed badly.
Y.N.W.A.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And this.

“Tell me again where Christ said ‘use the commemoration of my birth to flex violent weapons for personal political gain’? lol @ all the years Republicans spent on cultural hysteria of society ‘erasing Christmas and its meaning’ when they’re doing that fine all on their own,” Ms Ocasio-Cortez tweeted shortly after midnight on Wednesday.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Americans have allowed devious and duplicitous people to manipulate the myth that America is somehow the lone beacon of Freedom (capital F) and that the Founding Fathers were somehow godlike in their ability to draft the Constitution and the BIll of Rights as documents that would stay relevant for hundreds of years without change. They've weaponised the First Amendment to allow hate speech and justify right wing propaganda radio and TV. They've used the Second Amendment as a wedge issue to give people something they don't need and then threaten 'The Left' is going to take it away. 

They are bastardising voting rights and the Supreme Court. Debasing the separation of Church and State. And so on and so on.

And all the while, children will continue to be slaughtered at their desks because of the hagiography of a bunch of two-hundred-year-old slave-owners.
Great post Al. Superb.
I've literally just got in from a run listening to a podcast thinking how so fucked that country is.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
A 2nd NYPD officer has died after a responding to a domestic call in Harlem last Friday.

https://abc7ny.com/nypd-officer-shot-wilbert-mora-harlem-police-shooting-killed/11508216/

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤

Biden:

"Today, the families of nine victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting have secured a historic settlement with the gun manufacturer Remington. While this settlement does not erase the pain of that tragic day, it does begin the necessary work of holding gun manufacturers accountable for manufacturing weapons of war and irresponsibly marketing these firearms.

This progress is the result of the perseverance of nine families who turned tragedy into purpose. They have demonstrated that state and city consumer protection laws – like Connecticut’s Unfair Trade Practices Act – provide an opportunity to hold gun manufacturers and dealers accountable for wrongdoing despite the persistence of the federal immunity shield for these companies.

As I have repeatedly called for, Congress must repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act so we can fully hold gun manufacturers and dealers accountable. But, in the meantime, I will continue to urge state and local lawmakers, lawyers, and survivors of gun violence to pursue efforts to replicate the success of the Sandy Hook families. Together, we can deliver a clear message to gun manufacturers and dealers: they must either change their business models to be part of the solution for the gun violence epidemic, or they will bear the financial cost of their complicity."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Surprising development

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60312237

Hopefully the floodgates will open. If not you may see a massive withdrawal of advertising spend by gun manufacturers.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
Biden:
"

Sweet, so now the US Govt believe that making the manufacturers financialy liable is a step in the right direction?? How about making the product  illegal.. ?? Ohhh say can you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
JFT 96

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Sweet, so now the US Govt believe that making the manufacturers financialy liable is a step in the right direction?? How about making the product  illegal.. ?? Ohhh say can you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

These guys say hello.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60484459

New York City and the rest of the country are experiencing an increase in murders and violent crime. The mayor of NY is promising “more police in the streets” and a “tough stance on crime”. Heard that before? It’s so transparent and dumb.

Maybe the reason that crime is increasing is because the working class have to rely on food stamps even though they have paid work. I absolutely adore the United States but it’s sickening how capitalism is allowed to run free over there. It’s all about profit.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60484459

New York City and the rest of the country are experiencing an increase in murders and violent crime. The mayor of NY is promising “more police in the streets” and a “tough stance on crime”. Heard that before? It’s so transparent and dumb.

Maybe the reason that crime is increasing is because the working class have to rely on food stamps even though they have paid work. I absolutely adore the United States but it’s sickening how capitalism is allowed to run free over there. It’s all about profit.

I dunno what stats they are using but,violent crime was down in Boston last year.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/01/06/metro/violent-crime-declined-city-2021-property-crimes-also-reported-down-boston-police-say/.